How to get the resource from Resource Only Dll

hmod=LoadLibrary("testdll.dll");

hr=FindResource(hmod,MAKEINTRESOURCE(504),"GIF");

if(hr == NULL)

MessageBox("This is not working");

else

MessageBox("This is working");

here, i am try to get the image(gif) resource,which is stored in the dll(for
example testdll.dll). Where as image resource type is "GIF"

And resource ID is 504. But i am unable to find the resource.

But when i try this

 FindResource(hmod,MAKEINTRESOURCE(501),RT_BITMAP);

 Where i  have also stored an BITMAP file, and tried find the resource . i
have succeded in this.

But i am getting fail when i am using to find the resource with custom
resource type.

plz any one suggest me any solution

--
Regards,

RamakoteswaraRao Koti

0
koti (45)
12/27/2005 5:39:19 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

hi,

     i have solve the problem. Here is the solution.

Generallly, when we create resource dll with win32 dll and put the /NOENTRY
option, to recstrict to start from  _main().

It works fine for standard resource types, like BITMAP,ICON and etc.  But it
doen't works for Custom RESOURCE TYPES,as i have used GIF types.

so,there is no need of using /NOENTRY option.
When i remove this option ,i am getting the desired out put and its working
fine

            Thanks for all your help

--
Regards,

RamakoteswaraRao Koti

"Ram" <koti@nannacomputers.com> wrote in message

> hmod=LoadLibrary("testdll.dll");
>
> hr=FindResource(hmod,MAKEINTRESOURCE(504),"GIF");
>

> if(hr == NULL)
>
> MessageBox("This is not working");
>
> else
>
> MessageBox("This is working");
>

> here, i am try to get the image(gif) resource,which is stored in the
dll(for
> example testdll.dll). Where as image resource type is "GIF"
>
> And resource ID is 504. But i am unable to find the resource.
>

> But when i try this
>
>  FindResource(hmod,MAKEINTRESOURCE(501),RT_BITMAP);
>
>  Where i  have also stored an BITMAP file, and tried find the resource . i
> have succeded in this.
>
> But i am getting fail when i am using to find the resource with custom
> resource type.
>
> plz any one suggest me any solution
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> RamakoteswaraRao Koti

0
koti (45)

CSliderCtrl -- can't get TB_THUMBTRACK
Hello, I added a CSliderCtrl to a dialog using the Resource editor, but to my surprise there is no way in the Class Wizard to add a callback for TB_THUMBTRACK, so that I can have my app do something when the user moves the "tic". I'm prevented from adding that message to the paltry list of 3 default usable messages. Can someone explain how to get around this unexpected problem? Thanks. All of the messages that are related to a CSliderCtrl being changed come through as with a WM_HSCROLL message. void CMyDlg::OnHScroll(UINT nSBCode, UINT nPos,CScrollBar *pScrollBar) { if (...

Reliable way to get window underneath mine?
What is a reliable way to get the window underneath mine? Say that my window is "Window A"... "Window A" is being dragged around the screen by its title bar. The mouse cursor is at x,y. I need to know if I can drop it on the window thats at x,y (not counting "Window A"). So I need to get this window handle somehow. WindowFromPoint() obviously gets "Window A". I'd rather not enumerate all the windows since that seems like a performance issue. Thanks. Somebody wrote: > What is a reliable way to get the window underneath mine? > > Say tha...

Is it possible to get text values in a pivot table?
From this: ROW COL VAL A HD1 X B HD2 Y B HD1 Z C HD3 J A HD3 Z B HD3 R C HD1 S Get this? Var of VAL COL ROW HD1 HD2 HD3 A X Z B Z Y R C S J (If 2 rows go to same cell, would need to get maximum or first). Not with Pivot Table Let you A, B C data be A1:A7, the HDn data in B1:B7 and the other data in C1:C7 In some convenient place (I use A11) enter =A1&B1 and copy down the column (you could put this in another sheet or in a hidden column) Make the heading HD1, HD2 - I did this in F1:H1 and the row ...

resource time
Hi, Is there documented information (MS or other) for how much resource time is required to support common exchange server and client tasks? Basically the day to day tasks. The only documented information i have come across is that it takes about .25 Administrators for every 100 users. thanks. wow, where did you find that statistic? I'd like to show it to my boss...I single-handedly support over 8,000 users here, and also assist with support for two remote sites...that being said, Exchange support (excluding support for Outlook issues, which is a lot of what I have to do) boils down...

Get $500 to your PAYPAL Account by just one CLICK #2

can't get "sum" to add up properly
Hi, I'd appreciate any help with my problem. I have the following A B C 1 Benefit Coverage Amount Monthly Premium 2 Employee Life .21/$1,000 $67,000.00 $14.07 3 Dependent Life (if applicable) family $2.00 4 Employee AD&D .04/$1,000$67,000.00 $2.68 5 LTD 2.58/100 $1,529.00 $39.45 6 Dental family 47.86 7 Health family 48.90 8 EAP (if applicable) yes $2.20 9 ...

Another MFC extension DLL problem
I have an entry point defined like this: #ifndef BUILDING_UTILITY #define _UL_EXT_CLASS _declspec(dllimport) #else #define _UL_EXT_CLASS _declspec(dllexport) #endif void _UL_EXT_CLASS AttachToUtilityLib(LPCTSTR pszString) When I try to link the dll to another extension DLL, MyMessageBox is unresolved. If I take out the LPCTSTR parameter, it links fine. What could be wrong here? Maybe it's a name mangling issue, are this DLL's both C++ ? I assume you use different defines for your two DLL's otherwise you may have conlicts here. Cyrille Dupuydauby "David W. Simmo...

Email can not get through between two domains
I am new to Exchange. Sorry for stupid questions. This is my question: An office used to have an Exchange 5.5 box to manage emails for two companies A.com and B.com. Just add a new Windows SBS 2003 for A.com. Now, the SBS 2003 server is managing emails for both A.com and B.com (did by following http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=260973). That is, a connector is created in the new server to deliver mails to B.com. After that, users at B.com can not send email to A.com users. But A.com user can send email to B.com and users in both companies can send and receive email from outside. When user...

Outlook 2000
Aloha! I unfortunately, deleted a dll file on my computer. It happend when cleaning it up after a virus attack. Outlook 2000 is not installing again correctly. While attemtig it I get the error message: Failed to register a VB Script DLL. Reinstall or run Regsvr32.exe Vbscript.dll to self register. The key "DisplayName" is either missing or has an incorrect value. [File c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Forms\1033\CNFRES.CFG, Section Description] The article which was to solve the issue is here. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=271141 I already followed the steps in it;...

How do get the years and days Between two dates
if you had 5/1/2006 and 2/28/2002 how would you get 4.17? If 5/1/2006 is in A1 and 2/28/2002 is in A2, then maybe: =(a1-a2)/365 or =(a1-a2)/365.25 But if you're trying to find differences between dates, you may want to take a look at =datedif(). You can find lots of info at Chip Pearson's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm (=datedif() was only documented in xl2k's help.) jhon doe wrote: > > if you had 5/1/2006 and 2/28/2002 how would you get 4.17? -- Dave Peterson ...

How can I get AutoShapes to "chase" in PowerPoint?
I am told that it is possible to have AutoShapes chase each other in a straight line and around curves (like through a pipe) but I can't figure out how. You need to use a motion path. There's an example here http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/PowerPoint_Motion_Path.html -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "John-Novatec" wrote: > I am told that it is possible to have AutoShapes chase each other in a > straight line and around curves (like th...

How to get the Network Utilization?
In the Task Manager of Windows System, we can see the Network Utilization of the local connection. But how to get the percentage through my own program? Thanks in advance! ...

Problem with getting warning banner message working in OWA
We are using Exchange 2003 with a front-end & back-end server setup and using forms based authentication. Has anyone successfully implemented a Warning banner for OWA that users have to click the OK button before getting to the login page? I have tried out the steps provided at http://www.somorita.com/E2K324seven/Ch21-OWA-WarningBanner.doc but the warning banner still doesn't show up. Would greatly appreciate if anyone has implemented could provide any information to get this working. Thanks in advance. Mark While you are looking at the logon page in IE, use the View/Source...

Internationalisation (resource strings)
I have translated my app into several languages by using resource strings (String Table). The problem is that special characters can not be seen unless user set right locale in the Control Panel (Regional Options). Is there any way I could set it from code? If yes, can I set locale only for my app and not for whole Windows? I don't know a way to do this and I've tried. Depending on the languages you'll have to load the correct fonts and the IME for some languages: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010347361033.aspx Since I mostly switch for testing I final...

distribute mfc42.dll with the app?
My app crashes on win2003 server, but if it will work if I copy over an old mfc42.dll to my app directory. Is it a good idea to distribute mfc42.dll with my app? (I checked the mfc42.dll of Win XP against the one of Win2000, they seemed to be different.) Thanks. Wanjun It's OK to distribute this file, but you should localize it to your application directory so that it doesn't mess up any other applications that might get installed. You're right, there are a few versions with the same name on the DLL. Tom "Wanjun Yu" <wanjun_yu@hotmail.com> wrote in message ...

Using C# dll as COM in an MFC application
Hello, I have written a C# dll in VS2005. One interface and class are exported using Interop Services. I want to use this c# dll in my MFC application, using VS2003. It compiles after I imported the dll to my MFC app. On runtime I get class not registered HR error in my MFC project. I use the code as follow: _NewActivationPtr myActivation = NULL; HRESULT hr = myActivation.CreateInstance(__uuidof(NewSupernaActivation)); I don't what to do. Do I have to use GACUtil to register? If I want to use GACUtil do I have to sign my project? Trying do it had failed, because my third party librar...

How to get weekly open high low close from a range of data?
Hello, I've set up a spreadsheet to download mutual fund prices daily from a certain website and have stored up quite an amount of data already. Now I want to use this data to produce weekly candlestick charts, so I need to get the weekly open, high, low, close from the data. The easiest way I can think of in general is to use a GROUP BY query to extract all such data from the data range, but I don't know how to set up such a query in Excel. Anyone out there can tell me? Thank you very much. Herbert if you have daily dates in column a, and the open, hi, lo, close i columns b-e...

Simple Javascript to get the current CRM user
I'm looking to add an OnChange event to restrict changes to a certain picklist field in the Account table. Simple logic, except I can't seem to figure out who the current user is... This has to be a simple one for you JavaScript jocks, and I'd really appreciate your saving me hours... Many thanks, Dave ...

Macros get disconnected
Hi All I would be very grateful for a little guidance over an issue that is puzzling me. I have a template with a number of macros attached. When I send the template by email to my co-worker, some of the macros don't appear on the form field's "Run macro on Entry or Exit". The macros do appear, however, in the Visual Basic editor. The template works perfectly well, until it is unprotected an edited. Thereafter, those form field that have "lost" the macro name/limk from their form fields don't work anymore. So, as long as the macros in the templ...

I need to get week start and week end dates to change automatically
I'm trying to get the week start and week end dates to chang automatically on a time sheet that I am working on. Anybody have formula? Joh -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com John, =INT(NOW()+2-WEEKDAY(NOW())) will return Monday's date, and =INT(NOW()+6-WEEKDAY(NOW())) will return Friday's date. Format as dates. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "jlyons360 >" <<jlyons360.192pxt@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:jlyons360.192pxt@excelforum-nospam.com... > I'm trying to get the week start and week end dates to change > automa...

Outlook 2003 & msvcr71.dll crash
Hello all, Recently I've been getting crashes from MIcrosoft Outlook 2003 when I close it down. Outlook works fine when it's open, it runs properly, but the moment I goto shut it down, I get an error asking me to submit the data to microsoft.. When I click the link to see the conents of the error/crash I get the following: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.6353.0 AppStamp: 408f2937 ModName: msvcr71.dll ModVer: 7.10.3052.4 ModStamp: 3e561eac fDebug: 0 Offset: 000017fb I have not installed any software around the time that this crash started happening. In fact my syste...

Anyone know what diff 'languages' of resources makes?
I am using VC++ 5 (Visual Studio 97). I notice that if you look at the Properties for any resource they all have a Language setting. As things have evolved, I use 'English (U.K.)' for all resources (icons, dialogs, menus, etc) except String Tables, all of which are 'English (U.S.)'. I notice that you can set a Language in the Resources tab of the Project Settings dialog. I always use 'Engish (United Kingdom)' for this. I used to think that the language of a resource was just a resource compiler directive thing (do they get compiled in or not) and some of the ...

Simple hack to get $500 to your home at http://dailyupdatesonly.tk Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque.please dont tell to anyone. ...

where do i get info on how to use excel?
i don't have a manual or anything. can i buy one? is there a college course or something? hi, all of the above. most good book stores with have an excel for dummys book. microsoft site has books for all version. college course tend to be generic and way too short. books are better. and cheaper. the net is a good source too. try these sites http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm#tutorials http://www.j-walk.com/ss/books/xlbook25.htm http://www.cpearson.com/excel/KeyboardShortcuts.htm http://www.contextures.com/ http://www.mrexcel.com http://www.rondebruin.nl/ and you can hang ar...

Problem with resources in MFC extension DLL
Hi, I have an MFC extension dll and in the destructor of one of the classes it exports I'm trying to access a string declared in its String Table, but I can't. It keeps loading an empty string. I'm guessing it's because the resources are unloaded before calling the destructor. Am I right? Thanks Mikel You have not explained what you are attempting to do. It seems that you are saying that the destructor is being called *from the main program* at some (undefined) point in time. Or is it being called from within the DLL itself? Also, it is not clear that the destructor, w...