How to get pidl for Quick launch?

Hi,
I would like to browse all files&folder under Quick Launch for all users
instead of only some certain user. Because different user was allocated with
different path for Quick Launch, I have to use pidl to browse for all users.
Unfortunately, I didn't know how to get its pidl by
SHGetSpecialFolderLocation because I don't know the CSIDL value that
identifies the folder of interest.

Does anyone know it? I would really appreciate it.
--
Nothing impossible, Nothing sure
0

getting info from array but not using column / row numbers
i need to get info from table: Dist / Age 12 13 14 15 100 1.4 2.0 3.0 4.0 200 1.3 2.1 3.1 4.2 300 1.5 2.2 3.2 4.4 400 1.6 2.3 3.4 3.4 So, if i needed to get data for a 14 year old where distance is 300, I need to search both row and column labels to get required row and column numbers in order to retrieve data - in this case 3.2 Any ideas? I can put absolute row and column numbers in, e.g. 3,3 but i need to search labels first based upon contents of another cells (in this case 14 and 300). Assistance greatfully rec...

Please help!!! Wild Cards!! I didn't get replies, hence posing aga
Hi there, I am using PPT 2007. I am want to use WildCards function for finding and replacing a string. My problem is, many ppt decks I will get will have phone numbers as (xxx)-xxx-xxxx. I want to replace all those formats to +1 xxx xxx xxxx. For example: (123)-456-789 should become +1 123 456 789 (adding +1, removing brackets for first three digits, and replacing hyphens with spaces) In Word, I use Wild Cards while using Find and Replace option. This is the command I use in Word: Find What : \(([0-9]{3})\)-([0-9]{3})-([0-9]{4}) Replace With: +1 \1 \2 \3 But in PPT...

getting the path out of a hyperlink
I need to extract the path from a hyperlink in a cell. Any ideas how to do this? Hi see the following site for some code: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm (in the middle of this page) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany James wrote: > I need to extract the path from a hyperlink in a cell. Any ideas how > to do this? ...

Quick way to change display name from first last to last, first
Is there a quick way to change the display name from first last to last, first other than manually or manually editing a .csv export file? Many thanks, Brian That is the only (Microsoft) way in Exchange 5.5 You can modify settings in the admin to do this for new users. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "Brian Bri...

KB979099 gets 0x643 error
When I do the windows update, KB979099 errors out with error 0x643. Please include what Operating System and Service Pack level are you using?, and perhaps what other antivirus or antimalware software you may have installed, Security suite and firewall, etc. etc. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 <http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverwsus/threads> On the web: WSUS General <http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.server.update_services> In your newsreader: news://msnew...

Getting Trend Line Info from Chart
Hi - I am creating a manpower report and updating learning curve charts for a decision making tool through VBA. The issue I am having is the trend line (Power) in the charts gives me the output I need but I cannot figure out how to pull the values I want into the spreadsheet. I have tried a couple of functions but have come up empty handed. The RSQ function is not multilinear. Does anyone know the formula for a power trend line? For example out of 100 samples I get the following info: y = 1.5326x0.0657 R2 = 0.5744 Thank you in advance for any asssistance. Carrie -- Message posted via Offi...

where do "sample" .ppt presentations or files get saved?
From the On-line MS Office help: In which directory do these files get saved? I'm using Windows7 "AV_asking_on_PowerPoint" <AV_asking_on_PowerPoint@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B46A14CE-BB9A-4EC4-AEEE-D6AEDC05F3DA@microsoft.com... > From the On-line MS Office help: In which directory do these files get > saved? I'm using Windows7 For PPT 2007 on Windows 7, I think they get saved here: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates\Document Themes -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in P...

how do i get outlook 97 included in norton antivirus client list?
i have outlook 97 working now but it is not shown in the Norton Antivirus (Systemworks 2001)protected client list does anyone know how i can get it included? ...

How do I get the gradient at a point on a curved graph?
I have a plot of experimental data and I inserted an exponential trendline that fits the data very well. I'd like to "differentiate" the curve as I need its gradient at certain points; as in I need Excel to draw the tangent to the trendline at a given point and tell me its equation. Can anyone help me do this? Thank you all so much. I don't think Excel knows how to do this as a built in thing. Extract the coefficients of the trendline to a worksheet (using a worksheet function such as LOGEST or a utility that will extract trendline coefficients to a worksheet). Then ...

get pirtated softwres
hay is anyone interested in any pirated softwrews just 20 dollers 200 softwares in one CD any type of software would be send to ur home just mail me ahsan_burki@bonbon.net Your more likely to get legal action than orders.....especially posting on here Illegal software is NOT something to go posting about on MS newsgroups -- Regards Steven Burn Ur I.T. Mate Group CEO www.it-mate.co.uk ahsan <ahsan_burki@bonbon.net> wrote in message news:eoK8ZVpWDHA.2032@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > hay is anyone interested in any pirated softwrews just 20 dollers 200 > softwares in one CD any...

Getting Excel to return Hiragana using code/char functions
I have a Japanese computer which does this perfectly, but when I tried to use the worksheet on an English computer with Japanese language enabled, it only came up with errors. The code it was returning for the Japanese characters was much to low & putting in higher codes meant it didn`t recognise it. What can I do to make it work? ...

How do you get a TRUE refresh of a Pivot table
Oh Pivot tables are so good and boy, do they save on calc time and size of file! BUT.........I notice that if some of the data it relies on is changed, by some magic, it still remembers the old data and, that old data will also be shown in the table unless you physically delete those references using the drop downs. I have found that sometimes you can clear the old references by re-running the wizard backwards as it seems to refresh those references. But that doesn't work in all situations. Is there a way to remove old references automatically AND how is it possible that they still exist?...

launch IE from an outlook email
I just setup outlook to manage my emails. Most of my emails originate in Yahoo and are directed to outlook via the POP account. All of my email messages are going to outlook, however, when I attempt to execute a hyperlink to the internet it says that the operation has been canceled due to restrictions on this computer. When I attempt to lauch the same hyperlink in Yahoo, is operates correctly. I'd appreciate your advice here. Give this a try then - reset your web settings. Open your Internet Explorer, then select Tools -> Internet Options -> Programs > Reset Web Sett...

What is the warning triangle in a cell and how do I get rid of it.
I'm using the new Office 2004 for the Mac and first, I hate it! But, how do I get rid of the green (warning?) triangle in the cells. I haven't entered a equation and I have no idea where it came from. Please help. I don't have a Mac but you may be seeing the background error checking flag. If so, you can turn off this feature (in Windows versions at least) under Tools, Options, Error Checking. -- Jim "confused" <confused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71CF7B27-CD53-4E18-805A-7F8FFE79FB27@microsoft.com... > I'm using the new Office 2...

Microsoft Outlook infinite loop errors while configuring exchange account upon first launch.
When you launch outlook for the first time, you get the option to go through the email wizard or cancel. I choose to cancel the wizard and instead add an exchange account (via control panel/mail/accounts) to the mail settings. After adding the exchange account, I then lauched outlook again to populate the cache with exchange emails and folders, etc., but instead was greeted with an error message after 30 minutes of what seemed to be a locked computer: "outlook must first connect to exchange server before configuring additional email accounts", and then closes down. I then proceeded...

FileGet() only gets zeroes
Hello all, I have the code listed below. This *was* working. The binary file has this structure: 2 bytes marker bytes 2 bytes flags 4 bytes 32 bit time stamp 2 bytes x bytes null terminated text string x bytes The Data The text string is optional, so it may be 0 bytes. The fourth header byte tells me this. I tested it thoroughly, but now that I have revisted this process the fileget() is reading all zeroes for the marker bytes and flags. I opened the file in DEBUG and verified that the expected data was there. Any suggestions or ideas on alternate methods are welcomed. Thank...

Getting path and Hwnd of application
1. How can I get the path of the application? I used FILE* fp = fopen("log.txt", "wt"); to create a log file. But the file is located in the folder in which I opened a file using CFileDialog. I would like the log to be in the same folder as the app. I think a better way to do is to reset the folder setting (is there such a thing?) after CFileDialog so that ".\" is the folder of the application. 2. I'm writing a dll that is called by some third party app, how could I get the app's HWND? I'm not using MFC. Thanks. Leesei wrote: > 1. How can I get...

How can I get my Outlook Express Addresss Book to new laptop? #2
How can I get my Outlook Express Addresss Book from my old laptop to new laptop? I cannot transfer the .wab file after I have copied it onto a zip disc. Murray <Murray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I get my Outlook Express Addresss Book from my old laptop to > new laptop? I cannot transfer the .wab file after I have copied it > onto a zip disc. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

error when you get to ohio st
how do I fix? It would make it much easier for us to understand the question, if you actually provided a full question with information we can work with. Give some details. "GWMOORE" wrote: > how do I fix? There's a hidden worksheet in that workbook. Window|unhide and unhide Validation The formula in Y2 should be: =Bracket!R40 The formula in Y3 should be: =Bracket!R42 The Formula in Z2 should be: =Bracket!R44 The Formula in Z2 should be: =Bracket!R46 Each column is the previous cell +4 rows (R40, R44, R48, ... or R42, R46, R50, ....) Then rehide the Validation ...

Earn Quick Cash with only $5.00
HERES HOW! This is a Money Scheme and Not, I repeat... This is Not a Scam!!! You have most likely seen or heard about this project on TV programs such as 20/20 and Oprah, or you may have read about it in the Wall Street Journal. If not, here it is below - revealed to you in step- by- step detail. This program is by no means new. It has been in existence in many forms for at least a decade. But in the early days, it required a lot more time and effort, as well as an investment of a few hundred dollars. However thanks to PayPal and the Internet, the investment is now virtually ZERO! And w...

Getting error message when trying to delete email in Inbox
I get the following error message when I try to delete an email message in the Inbox: "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." I have tried restarting Outlook and rebooting my computer and I still get this message. Email is piling up in my Inbox because I cannot delete it. Any help on how to get around this problem would be much appreciated. ...

Get remnants of 1st installment off machine
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I installed Mac for Office on a 2nd machine that was networked to the first. It wouldn't let the 2nd machine run it while the 1st machine was running. I un-installed it and install a new version of Office Mac for home, but it still gives me the license violation message when I enter the Offic Mac for home version that was just installed. Somewhere it sees the info from the original installation even though the program is removed. How do I clean it up? Thanks. <lgv@officeformac.com> wrote: > Somewhere it ...

IE 8 Won't Launch
I've been using IE8 for some time and I run the Windows Update on a regular basis to keep my system up to date. I just encountered an issue where IE would not launch and was forced to uninstall and then reinstall IE8. I have not installed any new software or updates since the last successful launch and use of IE8 so I'm unsure what caused the issue. IE8 would not return an error - it just would not launch. I shut down and restarted my system and still could not get IE8 to launch. I was wondering if anyone else has seen this issue and reported it. I wanted to make ...

how do i get my menu bar back?
I've lost my menu bar in Excel. I tried to enable Worksheet Menu bar, but that is not even listed in my toolbar section in the Customize box. Any other ideas? If you right click on any bar you have left (one with buttons on it) and go down to customise. you'll get a box appear with a tab on it labeled toolbars. Scroll to the bottom and tick the checkbox next to "worksheet menu bar" and it should come back. Let me know how you get on "Rienne" wrote: > I've lost my menu bar in Excel. I tried to enable Worksheet Menu bar, but > that is not ev...

how do i get my replys to my question?
fI'm a new user. I posted my question about Excel 2003 & went ofline. I loged in again but can't find a reply. You have not posted any other message in this newsgroup, at least not with the same name. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "Yaron" <Yaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2006C73-01C4-4C80-96C4-7AE80B78D6DB@microsoft.com... > fI'm a new user. I posted my question about Excel 2003 & went ofline. I > loged > in again but can't find a reply. > > Yaron Have a look here for your first posting in .workshee...