How to get "MyDocuments" path of a system?

For example, i have a VC++ application installed in a system and a USER
logs in and start using the app. How will i get the MyDocuments path
for the particular USER?, If there are multiple USER accounts in a
system.

Another question i have is,

While using "CopyFile" function i need to copy some files to
MyDocuments folder of the system after creating a folder inside it. How
can i give the path to "MyDocuments"?

0
dipuks (6)
8/29/2006 4:24:26 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

19 Replies
678 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 34

"donos" <dipuks@gmail.com> wrote in message 
news:1156868666.689366.301080@74g2000cwt.googlegroups.com...
> For example, i have a VC++ application installed in a system and a USER
> logs in and start using the app. How will i get the MyDocuments path
> for the particular USER?, If there are multiple USER accounts in a
> system.
>
> Another question i have is,
>
> While using "CopyFile" function i need to copy some files to
> MyDocuments folder of the system after creating a folder inside it. How
> can i give the path to "MyDocuments"?
>

SHGetSpecialFolderPath() or SHGetFolderPath()

-- David 


0
dc2983 (3206)
8/29/2006 4:26:42 PM
User SHGetFolderPath with CSIDL_MYDOCUMENTS

AliR.

"donos" <dipuks@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1156868666.689366.301080@74g2000cwt.googlegroups.com...
> For example, i have a VC++ application installed in a system and a USER
> logs in and start using the app. How will i get the MyDocuments path
> for the particular USER?, If there are multiple USER accounts in a
> system.
>
> Another question i have is,
>
> While using "CopyFile" function i need to copy some files to
> MyDocuments folder of the system after creating a folder inside it. How
> can i give the path to "MyDocuments"?
>


0
AliR3470 (3236)
8/29/2006 4:26:48 PM
I think you need to use:

 http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/reference/functions/shgetspecialfolderpath.aspNote that this is the safe way to get this path since the user can move it.Tom"donos" <dipuks@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:1156868666.689366.301080@74g2000cwt.googlegroups.com...> For example, i have a VC++ application installed in a system and a USER> logs in and start using the app. How will i get the MyDocuments path> for the particular USER?, If there are multiple USER accounts in a> system.>> Another question i have is,>> While using "CopyFile" function i need to copy some files to> MyDocuments folder of the system after creating a folder inside it. How> can i give the path to "MyDocuments"?>

0
tserface (3861)
8/29/2006 5:54:04 PM
I am getting this error: error C2065: 'SHGetFolderPath' : undeclared
identifier

David Ching wrote:
> "donos" <dipuks@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1156868666.689366.301080@74g2000cwt.googlegroups.com...
> > For example, i have a VC++ application installed in a system and a USER
> > logs in and start using the app. How will i get the MyDocuments path
> > for the particular USER?, If there are multiple USER accounts in a
> > system.
> >
> > Another question i have is,
> >
> > While using "CopyFile" function i need to copy some files to
> > MyDocuments folder of the system after creating a folder inside it. How
> > can i give the path to "MyDocuments"?
> >
> 
> SHGetSpecialFolderPath() or SHGetFolderPath()
> 
> -- David

0
dipuks (6)
8/29/2006 7:15:13 PM
I am getting this error: error C2065: 'SHGetFolderPath' : undeclared
identifier



AliR wrote:
> User SHGetFolderPath with CSIDL_MYDOCUMENTS
>
> AliR.
>
> "donos" <dipuks@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1156868666.689366.301080@74g2000cwt.googlegroups.com...
> > For example, i have a VC++ application installed in a system and a USER
> > logs in and start using the app. How will i get the MyDocuments path
> > for the particular USER?, If there are multiple USER accounts in a
> > system.
> >
> > Another question i have is,
> >
> > While using "CopyFile" function i need to copy some files to
> > MyDocuments folder of the system after creating a folder inside it. How
> > can i give the path to "MyDocuments"?
> >

0
dipuks (6)
8/29/2006 7:15:41 PM
Which version of VStudio are you using? What is your WINVER define set to?

AliR.

"donos" <dipuks@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1156878941.577004.158110@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com...
> I am getting this error: error C2065: 'SHGetFolderPath' : undeclared
> identifier
>
>
>
> AliR wrote:
> > User SHGetFolderPath with CSIDL_MYDOCUMENTS
> >
> > AliR.
> >
> > "donos" <dipuks@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:1156868666.689366.301080@74g2000cwt.googlegroups.com...
> > > For example, i have a VC++ application installed in a system and a
USER
> > > logs in and start using the app. How will i get the MyDocuments path
> > > for the particular USER?, If there are multiple USER accounts in a
> > > system.
> > >
> > > Another question i have is,
> > >
> > > While using "CopyFile" function i need to copy some files to
> > > MyDocuments folder of the system after creating a folder inside it.
How
> > > can i give the path to "MyDocuments"?
> > >
>


0
AliR3470 (3236)
8/29/2006 7:23:18 PM
I am using Visual Studio 6.0

WHat is WINVER?

I looked at verion of shell32.dll and that is 6.0


AliR wrote:
> Which version of VStudio are you using? What is your WINVER define set to?
>
> AliR.
>
> "donos" <dipuks@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1156878941.577004.158110@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com...
> > I am getting this error: error C2065: 'SHGetFolderPath' : undeclared
> > identifier
> >
> >
> >
> > AliR wrote:
> > > User SHGetFolderPath with CSIDL_MYDOCUMENTS
> > >
> > > AliR.
> > >
> > > "donos" <dipuks@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > > news:1156868666.689366.301080@74g2000cwt.googlegroups.com...
> > > > For example, i have a VC++ application installed in a system and a
> USER
> > > > logs in and start using the app. How will i get the MyDocuments path
> > > > for the particular USER?, If there are multiple USER accounts in a
> > > > system.
> > > >
> > > > Another question i have is,
> > > >
> > > > While using "CopyFile" function i need to copy some files to
> > > > MyDocuments folder of the system after creating a folder inside it.
> How
> > > > can i give the path to "MyDocuments"?
> > > >
> >

0
dipuks (6)
8/29/2006 8:04:53 PM
Use SHGetSpecialFolderPath() instead.

AliR.

"donos" <dipuks@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1156881893.718444.313980@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
> I am using Visual Studio 6.0
>
> WHat is WINVER?
>
> I looked at verion of shell32.dll and that is 6.0
>
>
> AliR wrote:
> > Which version of VStudio are you using? What is your WINVER define set
to?
> >
> > AliR.
> >
> > "donos" <dipuks@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:1156878941.577004.158110@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com...
> > > I am getting this error: error C2065: 'SHGetFolderPath' : undeclared
> > > identifier
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > AliR wrote:
> > > > User SHGetFolderPath with CSIDL_MYDOCUMENTS
> > > >
> > > > AliR.
> > > >
> > > > "donos" <dipuks@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > > > news:1156868666.689366.301080@74g2000cwt.googlegroups.com...
> > > > > For example, i have a VC++ application installed in a system and a
> > USER
> > > > > logs in and start using the app. How will i get the MyDocuments
path
> > > > > for the particular USER?, If there are multiple USER accounts in a
> > > > > system.
> > > > >
> > > > > Another question i have is,
> > > > >
> > > > > While using "CopyFile" function i need to copy some files to
> > > > > MyDocuments folder of the system after creating a folder inside
it.
> > How
> > > > > can i give the path to "MyDocuments"?
> > > > >
> > >
>


0
AliR3470 (3236)
8/29/2006 8:10:24 PM
Hi Ali,

I use SHGetSpecialFolderPath() all the time for the shell folder names. 
Does the other one SHGetFolderPath() work on newer versions of VS?

Tom

"AliR" <AliR@online.nospam> wrote in message 
news:44f49f91$0$15209$a8266bb1@reader.corenews.com...
> Use SHGetSpecialFolderPath() instead.
>
> AliR.
>
> "donos" <dipuks@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1156881893.718444.313980@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
>> I am using Visual Studio 6.0
>>
>> WHat is WINVER?


0
tserface (3861)
8/29/2006 9:05:27 PM
Hi Tom,

For newer versions (Win 2000 and up) you are supposed to use SHGetFolderPath
instead of SHGetSpecialFolderPath.  SHGetFolderPath is also backward
compatible for versions before 2000.

This is from the SHGetSpecialFolderPath help
With Microsoft Windows 2000, this function is superseded by ShGetFolderPath.
You can use this function on earlier systems by including the
redistributable dynamic-link library (DLL), ShFolder.dll.

This is from SHGetFolderPath help
This function is a superset of SHGetSpecialFolderPath, included with earlier
versions of the Shell. On systems preceeding those including Shell32.dll
version 5.0 (Windows Millennium Edition (Windows Me) and Windows 2000),
SHGetFolderPath was obtained through SHFolder.dll, distributed with
Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 and later versions. SHFolder.dll always
calls the current platform's version of this function. If that fails, it
will try to simulate the appropriate behavior. SHFolder.dll continues to be
included for backward compatibility, though the function is now implemented
in Shell32.dll.


AliR.

"Tom Serface" <tserface@msn.com> wrote in message
news:%237tib76yGHA.1288@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Hi Ali,
>
> I use SHGetSpecialFolderPath() all the time for the shell folder names.
> Does the other one SHGetFolderPath() work on newer versions of VS?
>
> Tom
>
> "AliR" <AliR@online.nospam> wrote in message
> news:44f49f91$0$15209$a8266bb1@reader.corenews.com...
> > Use SHGetSpecialFolderPath() instead.
> >
> > AliR.
> >
> > "donos" <dipuks@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:1156881893.718444.313980@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
> >> I am using Visual Studio 6.0
> >>
> >> WHat is WINVER?
>
>


0
AliR3470 (3236)
8/29/2006 9:24:31 PM
Thank you. That works. Now i can get the MyDocument path.

I used the CreateDirectory function to create a new directory inside
the MyDocuments.
Now i want to copy some text files from another directory inside
ProgramFiles to the newly created directory in MyDocuments. I was
trying to use CopyFile function. Can you tell me how to copy files from
one directory to another?


AliR wrote:
> Use SHGetSpecialFolderPath() instead.
>
> AliR.
>
> "donos" <dipuks@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1156881893.718444.313980@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
> > I am using Visual Studio 6.0
> >
> > WHat is WINVER?
> >
> > I looked at verion of shell32.dll and that is 6.0
> >
> >
> > AliR wrote:
> > > Which version of VStudio are you using? What is your WINVER define set
> to?
> > >
> > > AliR.
> > >
> > > "donos" <dipuks@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > > news:1156878941.577004.158110@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com...
> > > > I am getting this error: error C2065: 'SHGetFolderPath' : undeclared
> > > > identifier
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > AliR wrote:
> > > > > User SHGetFolderPath with CSIDL_MYDOCUMENTS
> > > > >
> > > > > AliR.
> > > > >
> > > > > "donos" <dipuks@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > > > > news:1156868666.689366.301080@74g2000cwt.googlegroups.com...
> > > > > > For example, i have a VC++ application installed in a system and a
> > > USER
> > > > > > logs in and start using the app. How will i get the MyDocuments
> path
> > > > > > for the particular USER?, If there are multiple USER accounts in a
> > > > > > system.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Another question i have is,
> > > > > >
> > > > > > While using "CopyFile" function i need to copy some files to
> > > > > > MyDocuments folder of the system after creating a folder inside
> it.
> > > How
> > > > > > can i give the path to "MyDocuments"?
> > > > > >
> > > >
> >

0
dipuks (6)
8/29/2006 9:26:12 PM
BOOL CopyFiles(CString Filename,CString To)
{
SHFILEOPSTRUCT FileOpStruct;

   char *Temp = new char[Filename.GetLength()+2];
   sprintf(Temp,"%s",Filename);
   char *Temp1 = new char[To.GetLength()+2];
   sprintf(Temp1,"%s",To);

   ZeroMemory(&FileOpStruct,sizeof(SHFILEOPSTRUCT));
   FileOpStruct.wFunc = FO_COPY;
   FileOpStruct.pFrom = Temp;
   FileOpStruct.pTo = Temp1;
   FileOpStruct.fFlags = FOF_NOCONFIRMATION | FOF_NOCONFIRMMKDIR |
FOF_SIMPLEPROGRESS;

   return SHFileOperation(&FileOpStruct) == 0;
}

Example

CopyFiles("C:\\Test\\*.*","C:\\Test2");

AliR.



"donos" <dipuks@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1156886772.617732.29160@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com...
> Thank you. That works. Now i can get the MyDocument path.
>
> I used the CreateDirectory function to create a new directory inside
> the MyDocuments.
> Now i want to copy some text files from another directory inside
> ProgramFiles to the newly created directory in MyDocuments. I was
> trying to use CopyFile function. Can you tell me how to copy files from
> one directory to another?
>
>
> AliR wrote:
> > Use SHGetSpecialFolderPath() instead.
> >
> > AliR.
> >
> > "donos" <dipuks@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:1156881893.718444.313980@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
> > > I am using Visual Studio 6.0
> > >
> > > WHat is WINVER?
> > >
> > > I looked at verion of shell32.dll and that is 6.0
> > >
> > >
> > > AliR wrote:
> > > > Which version of VStudio are you using? What is your WINVER define
set
> > to?
> > > >
> > > > AliR.
> > > >
> > > > "donos" <dipuks@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > > > news:1156878941.577004.158110@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com...
> > > > > I am getting this error: error C2065: 'SHGetFolderPath' :
undeclared
> > > > > identifier
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > AliR wrote:
> > > > > > User SHGetFolderPath with CSIDL_MYDOCUMENTS
> > > > > >
> > > > > > AliR.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > "donos" <dipuks@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > > > > > news:1156868666.689366.301080@74g2000cwt.googlegroups.com...
> > > > > > > For example, i have a VC++ application installed in a system
and a
> > > > USER
> > > > > > > logs in and start using the app. How will i get the
MyDocuments
> > path
> > > > > > > for the particular USER?, If there are multiple USER accounts
in a
> > > > > > > system.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Another question i have is,
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > While using "CopyFile" function i need to copy some files to
> > > > > > > MyDocuments folder of the system after creating a folder
inside
> > it.
> > > > How
> > > > > > > can i give the path to "MyDocuments"?
> > > > > > >
> > > > >
> > >
>


0
AliR3470 (3236)
8/29/2006 9:29:03 PM
"donos" <dipuks@gmail.com> wrote in message 
news:1156886772.617732.29160@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com...
> Thank you. That works. Now i can get the MyDocument path.
>
> I used the CreateDirectory function to create a new directory inside
> the MyDocuments.
> Now i want to copy some text files from another directory inside
> ProgramFiles to the newly created directory in MyDocuments. I was
> trying to use CopyFile function. Can you tell me how to copy files from
> one directory to another?

SHFileOperation.  Note the limitations...

-Pete 


0
8/29/2006 9:31:23 PM
Thanks  a lot.


AliR wrote:
> BOOL CopyFiles(CString Filename,CString To)
> {
> SHFILEOPSTRUCT FileOpStruct;
>
>    char *Temp = new char[Filename.GetLength()+2];
>    sprintf(Temp,"%s",Filename);
>    char *Temp1 = new char[To.GetLength()+2];
>    sprintf(Temp1,"%s",To);
>
>    ZeroMemory(&FileOpStruct,sizeof(SHFILEOPSTRUCT));
>    FileOpStruct.wFunc = FO_COPY;
>    FileOpStruct.pFrom = Temp;
>    FileOpStruct.pTo = Temp1;
>    FileOpStruct.fFlags = FOF_NOCONFIRMATION | FOF_NOCONFIRMMKDIR |
> FOF_SIMPLEPROGRESS;
>
>    return SHFileOperation(&FileOpStruct) == 0;
> }
>
> Example
>
> CopyFiles("C:\\Test\\*.*","C:\\Test2");
>
> AliR.
>
>
>
> "donos" <dipuks@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1156886772.617732.29160@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com...
> > Thank you. That works. Now i can get the MyDocument path.
> >
> > I used the CreateDirectory function to create a new directory inside
> > the MyDocuments.
> > Now i want to copy some text files from another directory inside
> > ProgramFiles to the newly created directory in MyDocuments. I was
> > trying to use CopyFile function. Can you tell me how to copy files from
> > one directory to another?
> >
> >
> > AliR wrote:
> > > Use SHGetSpecialFolderPath() instead.
> > >
> > > AliR.
> > >
> > > "donos" <dipuks@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > > news:1156881893.718444.313980@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
> > > > I am using Visual Studio 6.0
> > > >
> > > > WHat is WINVER?
> > > >
> > > > I looked at verion of shell32.dll and that is 6.0
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > AliR wrote:
> > > > > Which version of VStudio are you using? What is your WINVER define
> set
> > > to?
> > > > >
> > > > > AliR.
> > > > >
> > > > > "donos" <dipuks@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > > > > news:1156878941.577004.158110@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com...
> > > > > > I am getting this error: error C2065: 'SHGetFolderPath' :
> undeclared
> > > > > > identifier
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > AliR wrote:
> > > > > > > User SHGetFolderPath with CSIDL_MYDOCUMENTS
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > AliR.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > "donos" <dipuks@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > > > > > > news:1156868666.689366.301080@74g2000cwt.googlegroups.com...
> > > > > > > > For example, i have a VC++ application installed in a system
> and a
> > > > > USER
> > > > > > > > logs in and start using the app. How will i get the
> MyDocuments
> > > path
> > > > > > > > for the particular USER?, If there are multiple USER accounts
> in a
> > > > > > > > system.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Another question i have is,
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > While using "CopyFile" function i need to copy some files to
> > > > > > > > MyDocuments folder of the system after creating a folder
> inside
> > > it.
> > > > > How
> > > > > > > > can i give the path to "MyDocuments"?
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > >
> >

0
dipuks (6)
8/29/2006 9:59:55 PM
Thanks for the explanation.

Tom

"AliR" <AliR@online.nospam> wrote in message 
news:44f4b0f0$0$15221$a8266bb1@reader.corenews.com...
> Hi Tom,
>
> For newer versions (Win 2000 and up) you are supposed to use 
> SHGetFolderPath
> instead of SHGetSpecialFolderPath.  SHGetFolderPath is also backward
> compatible for versions before 2000.
>
> This is from the SHGetSpecialFolderPath help
> With Microsoft Windows 2000, this function is superseded by 
> ShGetFolderPath.
> You can use this function on earlier systems by including the
> redistributable dynamic-link library (DLL), ShFolder.dll.
>
> This is from SHGetFolderPath help
> This function is a superset of SHGetSpecialFolderPath, included with 
> earlier
> versions of the Shell. On systems preceeding those including Shell32.dll
> version 5.0 (Windows Millennium Edition (Windows Me) and Windows 2000),
> SHGetFolderPath was obtained through SHFolder.dll, distributed with
> Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 and later versions. SHFolder.dll always
> calls the current platform's version of this function. If that fails, it
> will try to simulate the appropriate behavior. SHFolder.dll continues to 
> be
> included for backward compatibility, though the function is now 
> implemented
> in Shell32.dll.


0
tserface (3861)
8/29/2006 10:12:15 PM
CopyFile will work fine if you don't want the popup dialog that comes from 
the SHFileOperation() call.  However, if you like that animation... what Ali 
said.

You can also use CopyFileEx() to do your own progress indicator.

Tom

"donos" <dipuks@gmail.com> wrote in message 
news:1156886772.617732.29160@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com...
> Thank you. That works. Now i can get the MyDocument path.
>
> I used the CreateDirectory function to create a new directory inside
> the MyDocuments.
> Now i want to copy some text files from another directory inside
> ProgramFiles to the newly created directory in MyDocuments. I was
> trying to use CopyFile function. Can you tell me how to copy files from
> one directory to another?
>
>
> AliR wrote:


0
tserface (3861)
8/29/2006 10:14:20 PM
Hi Tom,

You can get rid of SHFileOperation's progress dialog by using FOF_SILENT.

AliR.


"Tom Serface" <tserface@msn.com> wrote in message
news:%23Aa06h7yGHA.4844@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> CopyFile will work fine if you don't want the popup dialog that comes from
> the SHFileOperation() call.  However, if you like that animation... what
Ali
> said.
>
> You can also use CopyFileEx() to do your own progress indicator.
>
> Tom
>
> "donos" <dipuks@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1156886772.617732.29160@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com...
> > Thank you. That works. Now i can get the MyDocument path.
> >
> > I used the CreateDirectory function to create a new directory inside
> > the MyDocuments.
> > Now i want to copy some text files from another directory inside
> > ProgramFiles to the newly created directory in MyDocuments. I was
> > trying to use CopyFile function. Can you tell me how to copy files from
> > one directory to another?
> >
> >
> > AliR wrote:
>
>


0
AliR3470 (3236)
8/30/2006 2:24:41 PM
Hey, you're right.  I never noticed that option :o)

Tom

"AliR" <AliR@online.nospam> wrote in message 
news:44f5a009$0$15173$a8266bb1@reader.corenews.com...
> Hi Tom,
>
> You can get rid of SHFileOperation's progress dialog by using FOF_SILENT.
>
> AliR.


0
tserface (3861)
8/30/2006 2:50:00 PM
Of course, if you want to display your own progress you'd still have to use 
CopyFileEx() if I'm reading it correctly.  You also have a little better 
control since you can control each file's operation independently.

Tom

"AliR" <AliR@online.nospam> wrote in message 
news:44f5a009$0$15173$a8266bb1@reader.corenews.com...
> Hi Tom,
>
> You can get rid of SHFileOperation's progress dialog by using FOF_SILENT.
>
> AliR.
>


0
tserface (3861)
8/30/2006 2:56:29 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Email Links open share LAN Mydocuments folder
I have an client with a strange problem. If he sends an email (outlook 2003 with all updates installed) that has a web link (std www.***.com) and the recipient (someone on his lan) replies to the message and when he receives the reply and clicks on the same web link it opens the shared My Documents folder on the senders PC. The original message opens the web page when the link is clicked. -- Marc H. Seidler The Computer Doctors www.computerdoctors.net marcseidler@hotmail.com seidler@computerdoctors.net 410-840-3434 What happens when the original recipient clicks on the link in the or...

missing Excel files in MyDocuments folder
We save or Excel files in the default location "My Documents" A few days ago we noticed that all Excel files starting with the letter "K" and all the way to "Z" are missing from this location. It is Office XP with only SP2 so far ( this might be the issue)( Also SP1 for Windows so far) and we are able to locate the missing files by opening the "more worksheets" option in the Task Pane(which opens My Documents) and typing in the first few letter of say a "Wells Fargo...." spreadsheet. We can open the doc and when we try a "save as&qu...

Outlook 2003-saving emails to mydocuments & other folders
I've upgraded from Outlook 2000 to 2003 and seemed to have lost a great feature. I used the Navigation Bar to copy emails from my inbox to "my documents" or to folders within "my documents" that organized emails by subject. I haven't been able to figure out how to do that in Outlook 2003 -- it seems to only want to categorize them into folders within the .pst file (calendar, tasks, notes, inbox, etc.) How can I do this? GMB You can't - browsing in Outlook was removed as an insecure feature. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the ...

documents not listed in MyDocuments but they are there
Regarding MS Office 2003 I recenty filled up my hard drive and the system stopped. After deleting some files I was able to run again. When I Open MyDocuments, no documents are listed. I knokw they are there because I can Open one by name. The listing of all the documents is now gone. How do I repair this? Thank you. Ask in a newsgroup that is relevant for your version of Windows. This newsgroup handles Microsoft Office Outlook. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, ...

How to get "MyDocuments" path of a system?
For example, i have a VC++ application installed in a system and a USER logs in and start using the app. How will i get the MyDocuments path for the particular USER?, If there are multiple USER accounts in a system. Another question i have is, While using "CopyFile" function i need to copy some files to MyDocuments folder of the system after creating a folder inside it. How can i give the path to "MyDocuments"? "donos" <dipuks@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1156868666.689366.301080@74g2000cwt.googlegroups.com... > For example, i have a VC++ applica...

MyDocuments folder
hi, i am tring to create folder in MyDocuments, with this function HANDLE hFile = CreateFile(path,GENERIC_WRITE|GENERIC_READ, FILE_SHARE_READ|FILE_SHARE_WRITE, NULL, CREATE_ALWAYS, FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL, NULL); where path = _T("%USERPROFILE%\\Documenti") + _T("\\FileName.xxx"); i used ("%USERPROFILE%\\Documenti to get the path of mydocuments but i didnt find the file , i used GetLastError(); where the function tell me the path is incorect any idea to get the path of mydocuments folder thanks for help You could use: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...

Opening a subfolder of %MyDocuments% using Shell explorer.exe
All, I was hoping that someone might be able to help me with a problem I am having opening Windows Explorer from a forms element. The following code works fine: Shell "explorer.exe / e, ""%MyDocuments%\"", vbNormalFocus" However when I try to access a subdirectory of %MyDocuments% using the following, Windows Explorer just opens the root directory of my documents and ignores a subdirectory request. Shell "explorer.exe / e, ""%MyDocuments%\SomeFolder"", vbNormalFocus" Additionally when Explorer opens under either of the above it o...

Getting the address of 'MyDocuments'
Hello, I want to be able to refer to a user's 'MyDocuments' folder - whatever operating system/network/etc. they are using. Is there a way to refer to it that isn't dependant on their setup? Thanks M I use: Dim myDocumentsPath As String myDocumentsPath = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") _ .SpecialFolders.Item("mydocuments") MsgBox myDocumentsPath Michelle wrote: > > Hello, I want to be able to refer to a user's 'MyDocuments' folder - > whatever operating system/netwo...