How to Get Control Type from Window Handler

Dear All,

How can I get the Control Type (i.e. Button, Edit, ComboBox, ... etc) from a
Window Handle, which returned from GetDlgItem(ID)?

Many Thx
Marco

0
marco (7)
4/28/2004 5:16:05 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Marco,

You might want to check ::GetClassName.

Johan Rosengren
Abstrakt Mekanik AB

"Marco Hung" <marco@xmlhk.com> a �crit dans le message de
> Dear All,
>
> How can I get the Control Type (i.e. Button, Edit, ComboBox, ... etc) from
> Window Handle, which returned from GetDlgItem(ID)?
>
> Many Thx
> Marco

Where can I get Hotfix 924581?
Hi, I'm trying to install the GP-CRM connector and it says I need the Hotfix 924581. I can submit a ticket from the support site, but why should I have to pay $250 to get a hot fix. Anyone have a copy or a link I can download it? Thanks. Please get it from here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932481 other option is login with partnersource and go to hotfix option.. you can get from there as well. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Jeff" wrote: > Hi...

Trouble getting back on line after router is shut off....
Doesn't XP flush the IP address when it's shut off so it's ready for a new one when you restart it? The reason I ask is: I have a Linksys WRTP54G wireless router that has 2 phone ports for use with the Vonage phone company. When we have electrical strorms I unplug everything including my cable connection to my modem, the router and of course the 'puter. After the storm it can take me up to 45 minutes to get an internet connection again. The setup is a Surfboard cable modem that feeds the Linksys then to one of my motherboard's 2 ethernet connectors. When pow...

Windows 2008 starts then reboots
After failure of RAID 1, Windows Server 2008 starts till almost desktop visible, arrow cursor appears then reboots again and again. 1. Why Win cannot start from single disk RAID 1 array. 2. How can I recover the installation? P.S: Don't ask me to rebuild array, I'm just testing the new server before make it production server, plus single disk size is 1.5 TB so it takes long time. I wonder why Windows cannot start immedialtely. Same error occured on RAID 5 test, I rebuild the array but Win 2008 still reboots at same place, before login screen. 1. RAID1 by definition ...

formatting toolbar in new email window is inactive
how do I activate the formatting toolbar when I want to write a new email? for some reason, I have the toolbar, but it is inactive. thanks check to make sure you are not writing your email in plain text. To do this click on Format --> Rich Text or HTML. This will allow you to change the formatting. To change the default, go to Outlook and click on Tools --> Options --> Mail Format --> "Compose in this message format" needs to be changed to Rich Text or HTML. "FC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:033d01c3bdd2$cc0a8850$a4012...

SmartList "Order By" Window Does Not Work
Hello: Has anyone ever gotten SmartList's "Order By" window to work? I swear, I'll put in multiple columns to order by and the SmartList still sorts based on one column only. It always ignores the window. Has this window ever worked? SmartList and SmartList Builder are both wonderful. But, a lot of times, I end up having to dump the data to Excel and sort the multiple columns that way. childofthe1980s Child, Have you compared the sort results with Excel. You can test the same by taking the results to excel, then apply the same sorting options in smartlist order...

How to pass Window name & Form Name Ananymously in procedure?
I want to create generalized procedure for navigation, save, delete, add etc. buttons. But I cannot pass name of the window,name of form anonymously to the procedure. Can I pass name of the window or form in a procedure anonymously as it can be done with tables and fields? I seem to recall that I spent some time on this in Dexterity, and couldn't get it to work. I wish you could. If you find out how, please post or mail me the solution. "Nupur" wrote: > I want to create generalized procedure for navigation, save, delete, add etc. > buttons. But I cannot pass ...

"File Error: Data May Be Lost" when file saved on Mac is opened in Windows
I have the next problem while working with big report with macroses. The first time report is opened and executed with special file it with Excel for Mac 2004. Then saved file is sent to another user who opens it in Excel 2003 or Excel 2007 for Windows. In Excel 2003 the "File Error: Data May Be Lost" appears on any worksheet of report. In Excel 2007 just one time - on the first worksheet. So what can lead to this error? If anyone who can help me needs the example of report I am ready to send it via email. Thanks in advance. ...

Office 2003: Outlook windows do not respond when communicating to
I use Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 for mails as part of my work as our corporate requires us to use the same. The Outlook windows stop responding to any user interface events (mouse click/keyboard) when outlook application is contacting the Microsoft Exchange server and the exchange server is offline. Till the communication times out the outlook windows cannot be minimized, closed, used. The worst thing is since Microsoft Word is used by outlook for mail editing. Even Microsoft Word stops responding during the above said period. I cant understand how Microsoft can overlook such a simp...

GUI ActiveX Controls and threads
A question concerning ActiveX controls displaying GUIs (i.e. full ActiveX controls). Do full controls hav to run on the primary thread of the host app ? I know they have to run in an apartment, but was under the impression they could run in a different apartment to that of the host app. I have an app which uses IE, Flash and Windows Media Player controls and am having issues with the 'Server Busy' dialog box being displayed (which I know can be suppressed) when making some calls to the WMP control. I was hoping to solve this by creating a new thread (CWinthread subclass - a UI thread...

Typing :: Blank Text
Hello, While typing a note in any situation, we get nothing but black text. Hitting the enter key reveals the text you have typed but as you continue to type it is blank until you hit the enter key. Any suggestions here? US Computer Group ...

2 questions
Hi, I need help in finding where to post for windows 7. Kindly advise as to which newsgroup I should be addressing. Secondly, I was trying to uninstall a 3rd party program using "Programs and Features" in the Control Panel. It used to be called "Add/Remove Programs" in WinXP. I highlighted the program I wished to uninstall, and clicked "uninstall". That little progress circle that goes around and around drove me crazy and I waited for about 10 minutes for the OS to gather "configuration information" about the program to be uninstalled. ...

Sum of "Visible" controls
I have a form which has 4 controls that I need to sum: [Subtotal] (subtotal from subform), [GST_Amount] (calculates GST, is hidden if GST checkbox is not chedked), [PST_Amount] (calculates PST, is hidden if PST checkbox is not chedked), and [HST_Amount] (calculates HST, is hidden if HST checkbox is not chedked). Is it possible to create a Grand Total textbox that will sum the Subtotal and only those controls that are "visible". Or, alternatively, can anyone suggest a better way of calculating these amounts (i.e., if GST checkbox is not checked, then "0")? Any ...

Why doesn't active quote get used in Pipeline report?
Here's the scenario I'm trying to model: 1. Create opportunity. Manually enter a ballpark figure of $10,000. 2. Work the opportunity a bit, and determine the needs. 3. Create a quote, adding existing products, for a total of $15,000, and activate it. 4. Run the pipeline report. Revenue is $10,000 5. Go to opportunity and change to system-calculated. 6. Save and close. 7. Run pipeline Result: Revenue is zero. Expected Result: Revenus is $15,000 I'd expect that if I activate a quote, the quote now drives the forecast revenue for that opportunity. I would expect that when I acti...

Outlook 2003 Reminder Windows
In previous versions of Outlook, the reminder windows for tasks, meetings, etc. used to come up in separate windows. In 2003 they come up in one box. Is there any way to get the multiple display back? Thanks, - Eric Nope...sorry. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:176b01c46f43$c2820790$a501280a@phx.gbl, EricS wrote: > In previous versions of Outlook, the reminder windows for > tasks, meetings, etc. used to come up in separate windows. >...

How to bind an ActiveX control to a Data Control?
I am building an ActiveX control and I need to bind my control to a data control when using it in VB6. My control is a multi column List. I know I should add a property called "DataSource" that returns the recordset of the Data control, then should move into the recordset and add the records one by one to my list. The question is how can I add the DataSource property and be able to read from the data control and retrieve the data. Is there a direct way or should I do it manually? ...

Controlling indenting when using Word as email editor in Outlook 2002/XP
Is there a way to turn off the automatic indenting of replies that Word 2002 does when it's selected as the default email editor, We'd like to keep word as the email editor, just looking for a customization --Matt In Tools-> Options-> tab Preferences-> button E-mail Options... you can set your reply/forward preferences. IIRC you cannot remove the indent in Outlook 2002 but I know Outlook 2003 dropped the indent on reply/forward -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Servic...

Control the number of records shown in a report/subreport.
I've posted this question before and when I follow the advice, I keep getting a circular reference error. So I'm hoping that if I post some more info, I may get insight as to what is going wrong. I have a report (BartS1report) it uses a query (BartS1Report). This report as a subreport (BartS1Sub2) that uses the query (BartS1). The report lists the customer name, address, and systems serviced. The subreport lists the systems serviced. The reports are connected through the Master/Child links Customer ID and the ServiceAddress. When there are more than 20 systems per ...

Error 2203. An internal error has occurred. (C:\Windows\Installer\
Installing Microsoft Outlook 2007 on Windows Vista 32 SP1 products this error. Error 2203. An internal error has occurred. (C:\Windows\Installer\...) Contact Microsoft Product Support Services (PSS) for assistance. ...

getting specific info from a word document into excel
I am trying to import a table of data from another programme into excel to create a chart. The table that i am importing is not in table format and is just a word document which looks like a table. Most of the data in the document is words and symbols but I need to highlight the two collumns of numbers only and somehow get them into individual cells in excel. I am having real difficulty doing this as when I try to highlight the collumn and drag down it highlights the whole document as per normal word behaviour. If anyone has any ideas on solving my problem using any aspect of office the...

Combining Chart types
I'm having trouble combining chart types and URGENTLY need some assistance. I've created a regular column chart containg 3 columns. I need to combine two columns and make them into a stacked column type and the third will need to be a regular column. Does anyone know if this is possible? Thank you in advance for your assistance. Try the links on this page. The first one includes an example with two stacked columns next to a single column. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solution...

Force data type from Text to Memo in a simple Make Table Query
I'm concatenating fields of various data types that upon completion sometimes reaches around 500 characters. Not huge, but larger than the Text limitation to which is what Access 2007 of course converts this. How can I force the data type to be Memo while I'm in the query so the resulting table displays all the data without any truncation. -- TIA Eric S UPRR I don't believe you can. I think you'll have to create the table first, and then append to it. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "E...

Moving OLE Based Control
I have a control that is bound to an OLE object in a table. When i try to reposition the control with the command Me.ObjectName.Left = 4000, it does not compile. The error message "Invalid Qualifier" appears. In addition, when I normally enter the period after the name of the object such as Me.ObjectName. a list of optional commands comes up. For this control, it does not. Could anyone help with with the problem of not being able to access the properties of this control. I use Access 2000. Thanks -- Frank Wagner fwagner111@aol.com What's the control? Are you sur...

"How do I get rid of old records in an Pivot Table?
The spreadsheet gets copied each month to a new file and the data cleared out, BUT the selecetion in the Pivot Table still holds the data from Previous spreadsheets Debra Dalgleish has some techniques at: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot04.html AyPee wrote: > > The spreadsheet gets copied each month to a new file and the data cleared > out, BUT the selecetion in the Pivot Table still holds the data from Previous > spreadsheets -- Dave Peterson The web-link was very helpful, thank you. I was about to reprogram and build my pivot tables to get rid of the obsolete item...

Problem getting values in iframe
Hi, I have placed an iframe to the account form. This iframe calls an .aspx page that is also placed on the same server as the CRM. I am trying to get an value from the CRM form to the .aspx page in the iFrame. my function that I call upon "onLoad": <script language="javascript"> function GetSomeValues() { document.getElementById('TextBox1').value = parent.document.forms[0].all.name.DataValue; } </script> This fails! I get the message: "Access denied!" Is there any setting in the CRM I have forgotten to turn on or off?? Can a...

get cell of function
Hi Can I somehow determine, in which column (A,B,C,...) a selfmade function is called? Or: Can I tell the function, placed f.e. in cell C1, to loop through the column left (in this example B) of it? thanks lot for help materphilch Dim rng as Range set rng = Application.Caller to see the value: MsgBox(rng.address) Gary's Student "masterphilch" wrote: > Hi > > Can I somehow determine, in which column (A,B,C,...) a selfmade function > is called? > Or: Can I tell the function, placed f.e. in cell C1, to loop through the > column left (in this example ...