how to get character glyph names?

Hi group,

Does anyone knows how can I get the character glyph names?
For example the unicode character U+2030 has the name "Per Mile Sign" as
reported in Character Map accessory application

Thanks!
  George VS (gogovsh@abv.bg)

0
gogovsh (1)
2/23/2004 4:51:30 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"George VS" <gogovsh@abv.bg> wrote in message
> Hi group,
>
> Does anyone knows how can I get the character glyph names?
> For example the unicode character U+2030 has the name "Per Mile Sign" as
> reported in Character Map accessory application
>
> Thanks!
>   George VS (gogovsh@abv.bg)

Hi George,

This is how I did it, on Win2K Prof. Don't know on what systems the
GETUNAME.DLL is available, though, but it is what CharMap.exe uses. Also
mind that the returned string is Unicode.

Hope this will solve your riddle,

Dieguito.

typedef __declspec(dllimport) int (FAR WINAPI *GETUNAME_FUNC)(DWORD,LPVOID);

HMODULE   hUNameDll;
GETUNAME_FUNC pGetUNameFunc
WCHAR wszResult[MAX_PATH];

hUNameDll = LoadLibraryW(L"GETUNAME.DLL");
if (hUNameDll)
{
    pGetUNameFunc = (GETUNAME_FUNC)GetProcAddress(hUNameDll, "GetUName");
    pGetUNameFunc(dwChar, wszResult);
    FreeLibrary(hUNameDll);
}

getting a users and usergroups
Hi, This isn't really a mfc question more a win32 question. I've googled and search msdn but I havn't found any good information. I need to (on w2k) make a list of users and usergroups on the domain. any thoughts of what functions I should look in to? thanks /Niklas On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 17:32:04 +0200, Niklas Olsson wrote: >But when I try to enum groups I get back "None" (with both NetGroupEnum and >the NetQuery...) You'd better post your code here (just the NetGroupEnum version) so we can take a look. Just the function that sets up the structs and calls N...

Outlook 2003
When starting Outlook 2003 I get a message to say that it encountered a problem and needs to close - send error report or dont send. Either response brings up another dialog box advising that Outlook failed to start correctly last time and that I should start in safe mode to help correct or isolate a start up problem etc. Choices are - do you want to start Outlook in safe mode - yes or no. The no response returns me to the previous dialogue box while the yes response starts up Outlook in safe mode with all of its limitations (eg, not able to attach a file with an outgoing emai...

M2004: Change name on home page?
I'm using Money 2004. On the home page it says "So-and-so's Money Home Page". How can I change the name that appears there? -Rod > I'm using Money 2004. On the home page it says "So-and-so's Money Home > Page". How can I change the name that appears there? Figures... I always seem to find a solution right after posting a question! Click Accounts & Bills, Account Setup, Update Personal Information. -Rod ...

Getting row indexes on Range
(I refer to C# code, but answers in VB are welcome) I have a Range in Excel, which includes several cells (the cells the user selected in the Excel sheet). The range might include the following cells A2, B7, G4. This means that the cells might not be connected. If I look at myRange.Cells.Count, it will return 3. If I look at myRange.Row, it will return 2 (if A2 was the first selected row by the user). Now, I need to get the row numbers of all selected rows, so in the above range, I need an int[] of {2, 7, 4}. But I can't see any solution to go through the Cells and get t...

I cannot read forwarded messages. I only get an email address
For some reason, when someone forwards a message to me all that shows up is the email address of the person who originally sent the message. Any ideas? Change your View>Encoding setting. "Michelle10000" wrote: > For some reason, when someone forwards a message to me all that shows up is > the email address of the person who originally sent the message. Any ideas? ...

How do you get the maximum value to display in text box form
In a form, if I have 4 text boxes and 3 of them will contain a number. How do you get the maximum value to display in the 4th. I have tried many different things, I can make it work for a single field in a table, but that finds the value through all records. I just want it to display the max value from the numbers on the form, which could be different for various records. You could use something like this as the Control Source of the 4th text box (the underscore is for ease of reading here, and must be removed from the Control Source): =IIf([Field1]>[Field2] And [Field1]>[Field3],...

Linked Spreadsheets Grandfather Name Sticking
Hello, Here's an example of the problem. Let's say I have a store that sells gasoline. I want to record my store sales, and gasoline sales in gallons. So, I have a spreadsheet for store sales and a spreadsheet for gas sales in gallons. And these are setup per month. January sales sheets, February sales sheets, etc. I have the gas gallons spreadsheet linked to the stores sales spreadsheet, so I can enter all the data while in the sales spreadsheet. Let's say I have entered all of January's sales and gas data and want to move on to February's data. I copy Jansale...

How do I get a split screen for mail and calendar in Outlook?
You used to be able to have your calendar on the right and email in the middle on a split screen. I can't find that option anymore and am wondering if it still exists and if so, where. I don't want to have to toggle between email and calendar. Any suggestions? Outlook 2007 - on the to do bar on far right click the "<<" at the top. Opens the To Do bar with calendar that has days with appointments hilited and upcoming appointments listed below calendar. "rakugirl2001" <rakugirl2001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A5...

Getting rid of blank rows withouth deleting them
Hi, i have a list that looks like this 22 43 22 41 ... I need the list to be together 22 43 22 41 ... However i can't use a macro or something to delete the entire ro because other worksheets are related to the cells, so when i delte th row, the #ref thing apears, somebody know a formula or something tha can help me? Thanks a lo -- sams ----------------------------------------------------------------------- samsg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1624 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27725 You could fi...

Getting local Time and date for the local computer(vista OS)
Hi I am working with Vista(one of a kind), and have a MFC application and would like to add small code that will get current time and date from the local compuetr. i meet an example in MSDN : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa390423(VS.85).aspx but it looks too long for what i am looking, is there a 1 function API that returns the Date and the time ? thanks for your time Zack >Hi I am working with Vista(one of a kind), >and have a MFC application and would like to add small code that will get >current time and date from the local compuetr. >i meet an example in MSDN...

Comparing first and last names in two lists #2

Unlocking named ranges
I am working with a spreadsheet created by a former employee. He used named ranges a lot. I am trying to understand the worksheet. When I see an equation in a cell like =Sum(Shipments) I feel I know what it means. But how do I learn what the actual cell reference is ie = Sum(D2:G2).? TIA Insert a new, empty worksheet into the workbook. Then you can use The Insert-> Name-> Paste menu option and click on the Paste List button to get a listing of all the names and the definitions "JohnL" wrote: > I am working with a spreadsheet created by a former employee. He used...

getting rid of the standard mfc icon (in taskbar)
i made an application based on mfc, and used the standard mfc icon up until now. i thought changing it would be a simple task. in the resource editor i got rid of all mfc icons in various resolutions, and replaced it with my own icon in 3 different resolutions. it does work in almost all the places: the main window is shown with the correct icon, the taskbar shows correctly with the icon, even MessageBox() shows the icon now, but as soon as i do open a MessageBox while my main-window is shown, the counter in taskbar moves up to two (you know how windows xp groups together tasks with th...

edit suggest names when completing To, cc and bcc fields
Apparently I don't have an Address Book linked to Outlook 2000. No matter, because I seem to be ok with the suggest names feature, which I guess is not Address Book-linked, but linked to a memory bank of names and corresponding addresses typed in during the past. However, here is my question: How do you edit this Suggest Names list? In particular, A. Suppose you want to stop Outlook from suggesting a particular name because it is not current anymore. Worse, you might inadvertantly click on it and send msg to somebody you don't want to receive it. Is there a way to delet...

Named Ranges
Hi! I created several worksheets that contained huge lists, so I created a dynamic named range. Now that the name has been inserted in my array formulas, my Macro runs very slowly. The Macro unprotects one of my sheets, sorts the data in a table, hides the blank rows and the protects the sheet again. There are no related named range formulas in that worksheet, so I'm not sure why it would be affected. The Macro ran quickly when I had a defined range of data. Would giving a named range like 'Date' and having text in my workbook with 'Date' create conflicts? Could this...

Report names in listbox
I recently upgraded to Access 2007 and am having some trouble with the changes. I have a form with a listbox in which I would like to display the names of all the reports in the database. I've tried using the following as the rowsource for the listbox, but in form view nothing is displayed. Does anyone know how to do this? TIA, Ken Warthen kenwarthen@gmail.com "SELECT MSysObjects.Name FROM MSysObjects WHERE (((Left([Name],1))<"~") AND ((MSysObjects.Type)=-32764)) ORDER BY MSysObjects.Name;" I think you made a slight typo. Try (((Left([Name],1))<>&quo...

How to get the caption?
I write a program what to get text from a window and its subwindow,but sometimes I input a caption like IE,Outlook etc,it display: Default IME Look: CGettextDlg* gl; BOOL CALLBACK GetCont(HWND hCWnd,LPARAM lParam) { char ss[1000]; ::SendMessage(hCWnd,WM_GETTEXT,1000,(LPARAM)ss); gl->m_strEdit2=ss; gl->UpdateData(false); return true; } void CGettextDlg::OnButton1() { // TODO: Add your control notification handler code here CString strName; UpdateData(); strName=m_strEdit1; gl=this; HWND hWnd=::FindWindow(NULL,strName); EnumChildWindows(hWnd,GetCont,0); } how to get ...

How to get rid of error with WFOLADIN.DLL? TIA!
I uninstalled WinFax but I get an error message when I open Outlook 2003 saying "C:\Doc...etc..\wfoladin.dll is not a valid Office AddIn." I looked in the folder though and the file doesn't exist any more. Suggestions on how to get rid of the error message? Much thanks!!! Remove the WinFax Pro extensions in the Add-in Manager (Tools > Options > Other > Advanced Options...) -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "scripteez" <scripteez@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3gkd105q664tsocnhsak0f12h1cnttc3nl@4ax.com... > I uninstalled WinFax but I get an error me...

why getting event 9551 warnings?
I thought that when you switched to native mode (which we have) that these problems with zombie ACL's went away. Why are we still getting these errors? (running Exch 2003 SP1) Thx, J. ...

Send Emails With A Different Name Than How Its Listed in the GAL
Hi all, I have a quick question: My client is unhappy with how his emails get sent out from MS Outlook. The GAL on our server lists names as [Last Name], [First Name]. This is how the majority of our clients want it. However, he wants his to be [First Name] [Last Name]. So, all recipients getting emails from him will see his name as First Name, Last Name. We can't do this for him on our GAL, since it would obviously cause an inconsistency if we did it only for one name. But, I figured I'd post here to see if anything else can be done to accomodate him. Thanks in advance for your help...

Using a named range as a data source for a chart
Hi, I'm trying to build a chart that that has a named range as its data source. The named range refers to a table that is 2x3 and is called geographydata. Is there any way that I can have the source data for the graph to be geographydata? Thanks! Michael You can enter the name, preceded by the worksheet name and exclamation point, for the data range, but Excel will convert this name to its cell address. If you want the chart to be dynamic as the name changes its size, you have to define a name for each series' data. This will not dynamically change the number of series in the ch...

when replicating, I get error message, but there is no table
when replicating with my assistant, I get that there are replication errors, but when I try to open the conflicts table, I get that there are "no conflict tables" =?Utf-8?B?YmttNGVhZ2xl?= <bkm4eagle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:5246CFE9-3BC1-4411-AB08-3E7B8D67D433@microsoft.com: > when replicating with my assistant, I get that there are > replication errors, but when I try to open the conflicts table, I > get that there are "no conflict tables" You'll have to look at the tables directly. The conflict tables are called BaseTabl...

All outbound e-mails keep getting assigned to a campaign
I created a quick campaign and performed a successful mail-merge, then sent the e-mail. A response came back and I promoted it to a campaign response. Now when I send a normal email to a different user, CRM automatically assigns that email to the campaign history! It's not targeted to a user that was in the campaign. Even my personal email is getting loaded into that campaign in CRM, in fact all my outbound email is funneling into that campaign. Is this a bug? Can someone who has encountered this issue please help? Thanks, Ken Davis You are not alone! This happened to a user of...

Doesn't find files w/spaces in name
There are a lot of folders and Excel spreadsheets on our shared drive that I need to open. Most of the folders and file names are named like: get reports\reports sep 2004.xls When I try to open one, Excel doesn't find it and I think it's because there are spaces in the folder names and/or file names. Is there a setting in Excel that will help me get around this? This was working until I had a glitch in Excel and the technician fixed the glitch and this problem appeared. Any help would be appreciated. I found an answer and so far it works. "C:/program files/microsoft off...

Getting account out of subtotal
I am using Money to manage my finances, but i do not want my savings account to show up in my account subtotal. I'd like to be able to just have my credit accounts subtract from my checking without it looking at my savings. Is this possible, and if so how? The easiest way to do this is to create a report showing the accounts you want to use. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny or http://money.mvps.org/faq for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://...