How to get a Browse for Folder Dialog??

I would like to display a dialog for the user to select a folder rather than
a file (as in CFileDialog).  Is there a simple way to do this?

Thanks in advance.
Bob

0
biomama (3)
1/25/2004 7:45:25 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Bob Curry wrote:
> I would like to display a dialog for the user to select a folder rather than
> a file (as in CFileDialog).  Is there a simple way to do this?
You are looking for BrowseForFolder. Check MSDN

Regards,
Danny

Try this

 TCHAR szFilters[]=_T("MyFile (*.dat)|*.dat|All Files(*.*)|*.*||");

 CFileDialog m_ldFile(TRUE,_T
("dat"),_T("*.dat"),OFN_FILEMUSTEXIST,szFilters);

   m_ldFile.DoModal()

"Bob Curry" <biomama@cox.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I would like to display a dialog for the user to select a folder rather
than
> a file (as in CFileDialog).  Is there a simple way to do this?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Bob

The stock answer is SHBrowseForFolder

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/reference/functions/shbrowseforfolder.asp

however, there are other alternatives at

http://www.codeproject.com/

and

http://www.codeguru.com

    Rail
--
      Recording Engineer/Software Developer
      Rail Jon Rogut Software

"Bob Curry" <biomama@cox.net> wrote in message
> I would like to display a dialog for the user to select a folder rather
than
> a file (as in CFileDialog).  Is there a simple way to do this?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Bob

0
railro (128)

Exch2k Calendar in Public folder post meeting request not available?
I have created a calendar in a public folder, and want it to accept meeting requests through OWA, not the default appointments. When I try to change it via Outlook 2002 it tells me it cannot accept this type? I.e. On the general tab for the folder properties it says "When posting to this folder use, Appointment (I want to use "Meeting Request" from the forms ....) Also when logging into the public folder and creating an appointment, it does not allow me to add attendees? it is grayed out. Any help would be much appreciated. Tim ...

how to let emails get into each folder?
Hi all, I saw my boss has this feature in his outlook 2003: He divides the inbox into "Family", "Work", ... etc. folders, then whenever a new email arrives, they will automatically get into these folders... How to do that? Thanks a lot! Rules. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, networm asked: | Hi all, | | I saw my boss has this feature in his outlook 2003: | | He divides the inbox into &q...

folder access by mail-enabled user
We have a mail-enabled user, one with a credential but an off-site mailbox at their home site. How can this user gain access to the Exchange mailbox Inbox folder of a local user? They can be given permissions, but OWA (2007) does not allow drill down to the user... HankC The user will have to log into that mailbox separately. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "HankC" <clarkc@missouri.edu> wrote in message news:d739ad46-fa2e-43dc-a4b1-04006badddd9@d21g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... >...

getting the same colour
Hello I want a cell to automatically take on the same colour as the cell above when I write something into it. This happens _some_ of the time for me, but not all the time. I have no idea what would control this. FOr example, What I do is this... The cell starts out as white. The cell above it is yellow. Then I type something into the (white) cell and press [Enter]. The white cell _sometimes_ changes colour to be yellow, (and then the next lower cell becomes the current cell for my typing). The colour change happens more consistently in the cells in the higher numbered rows. The co...

how to get data automatic moves to next column?
I am using a barcode scanner to read in barcode numbers into excel. But everytime after I scan a barcode, excel moves to the cell in the next row. What I want is moves down to the next column. Anyone with information please help. Thankyou very much! Hi, Maybe there is way of setting up Excel and/or the barcode scanner such that the values go to successive columns rather than rows. However, the following formula may be a workaround for your current setup. If the scanned data are going to, say A1, A2, A3, ......, and you want them to go to A1, B1, C1 ...., enter the following formula...

Outlook 98 Sharing Net Folders
I have setup my calendar sharing by using the netfolders feature that comes with OL 98 and my other computer received the invintation to participate but the originating computer never gets the acceptance of the invitation. This is not just a problem with these two computers but all of them at my work. It seems you setup netfolder and go through the wizard, send an invitation, then accept it, but it never goes beyond that. I meet all the requirements such as a pop email system, internet mail trasnport type with rich test format. What am i missing? Thank you! Christian ...

Move all Public folders from one server to anorther.
What is the best solution to moving all the Public folders from one server to another server ? The servers is NOT in the same doman, organisation or site. I hav TCP/IP connectivitybetween the servers. Jane On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 12:32:29 +0200, dfgdfgd <kdhvjhg@jsfsgsd.com> wrote: >What is the best solution to moving all the Public folders from one >server to another server ? The servers is NOT in the same doman, >organisation or site. I hav TCP/IP connectivitybetween the servers. > > >Jane This will do a replication: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/238573/ after whic...

Get rid of mail from bogus users on 2003
How do you prevent mail for bogus addresses from being saved to the "Bad Mail" folder on 2003. I just want it deleted when their is no user account. Pre SP1 I think you have to make a registry change, check out http://support.microsoft.com for that, or just install Service Pack 1 for Exchange 03' be default badmail is deleted once sp1 is on. "Jordan" <nojunk_allowed@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23SDPfM%234EHA.2592@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How do you prevent mail for bogus addresses from being saved to the "Bad > Mail" folder on 2...

Public Folders not listed on Folder List
I cannot see Public Folders on my Outlook 2003 SP2 Folder List. I am using Exchange 5.5 SP4. Please help. Have you permission to see each folder? /Lasse "M P" <mark@textguru.ph> wrote in message news:ORUUCoMpGHA.3584@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I cannot see Public Folders on my Outlook 2003 SP2 Folder List. I am using >Exchange 5.5 SP4. Please help. > Could you see them yesterday? Describe what happened - what changes did you make to the system? .. -- Judy Gleeson Microsoft Most Valuable Professional Outlook www.acorntraining.com.au "Lasse Pette...

display of modal dialog behind modal dialog
I have to display one modal dialog behind the previous one in SDI application.I have tried with SetWindowPos() But its not working.please suggest me the right solution. I'm not sure why you'd want to display a new dialog under an existing one, but have you tried calling BringWindowToTop() or SetForegroundWindow() on the one you want in the front? Tom <pratap.narendra@gmail.com> wrote in message news:77cc1352-9fea-4c13-9b0d-c92929166d7d@s13g2000prd.googlegroups.com... >I have to display one modal dialog behind the previous one in SDI > application.I have tried with Set...

Exchange 2003 - SchedulePlusFreeBusy Folder
Hello, I am running exchange 2003 SP1 (new server, no upgrades) and I am recieving the following messaage: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeFBPublish Event Category: General Event ID: 8275 Date: 8/23/2004 Time: 2:01:07 AM User: N/A Computer: PG-ADR-EXCH-03 Description: SchedulePlusFreeBusy folder could not be opened for duplicate message deletion on virtual machine PG-ADR-EXCH-03. The error number is 0x80040115. I have looked everywhere and cannot find any information. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Paul. ...

Not able to acces public folders on outlook 2003
not able to access Public folders on outlook 2003 after installing office 2003 service pack. please let me know how to fix this issues What happens when you try? Did you try making a new profile? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ Vote for your fav...

Outlook 2003 starts up at every logon although not in Startup folder
I am using Outlook 2003 on XP Pro and it automatically starts up whenever I log on to the computer. I want to stop this behaviour, but I don't know how to. I removed it from the Startup folder, but it is still launching every time. Can this option have been configured some other way? Thanks in advance for any assistance. -- Stephen Turner Stephen Turner <sretnews@adelie.freeserve.co.uk> wrote: > I am using Outlook 2003 on XP Pro and it automatically starts up > whenever I log on to the computer. I want to stop this behaviour, but > I don't know how to. Click Start&...

Trying to get phone numbers to synch to Outlook Tasks
I have added the phone number field (tried business, home and mobile) to my task view in Outlook. However when I sysnch from CRM, the phone number for the contact doesn't get populated. I can see it when I view the Contact details. I am doing this because CRM doesn't have an Activity View for tasks, phone calls, appointments etc, that allows you to show the phone number in the View! Any ideas? I'm thinking I will just have to create an Activity Report since CRM doesn't ship with one. ...

To get the SetTimer identity #2
Hi, I have a dialog on which the timer is displayed using SetTimer() which is binded to the dialog.Is there any API that identify this timer which is got set ..... So that, with that id i can call some API which makes the timer to start from that time it was already showing at..... isnt it the same id u called SetTimer with ..... "lucky" <Laxmanmaruthy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1175778268.053331.256800@o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I have a dialog on which the timer is displayed using SetTimer() which > is binded to the dialog.Is there any AP...

When I filter data, sometimes I do not get row count retrived
When you are using auto filter on a worksheet and then you pick a valu to filter, you get the list of rows that satisfy that criteria. Also in the status bar, you get the number of rows retrived as a result o this filter. Example you will get "3 of 25 rows found" or somethin like that. Sometimes I do not get that message, I just get a messag called filter mode. Why does this happen and how can I correct this? Thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If your worksheet has any formulae on it they automatically calculat after filtering thereby suppressing the messa...

outlook 2k, win xp pro, OLK folder, and users
Hey all. Need some help here. I don't even know if there is a way to do force this. Here is the scenario: User receives email with attachment in outlook User open email User opens attachment (word, excel, whatever) User makes changes to document User clicks on File, chooses Save As Word for example, wants to save the file in hidden directory such as "C:\Documents and Settings\jim bob\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\olk1234" User tries to browse for it, can't find it. Now if the user does this: User receives email with attachment in outlook User opens email Use...

Outlook 2003: Select Names Dialog Box (for emailing)
When you choose to send a New Eemail and click the TO button, you are presented with the standard Outlook "Select Names" dialog box. This box lists email address with the following 4 fields (which you cannot sort): (1) NAME, (2) DISPALY NAME, (3) EMAIL ADDRESS, and (4) EMAIL TYPE. QUESTION: IS THERE A WAY TO DISPLAY CUSTOM FIELDS FROM THE CONTACTS FOLDER, for example, COMPANY, PHONE, etc?? I would REALLY appreciate it if someone could advise me on this one! Regards DC, New Zealand ...

Dialog in a Dialog
Hai Experts I Want to palce a Dialog in a Parent Dilaog and how do we go about that and i want to resize accordingly Thanks and Regards suresh ...

page setup dialog and paper choices
I need some help with the dialog Page Setup Dialog. When the dialog comes up, it brings up all the available choices for paper that the printer supports - Letter, Legal, Envelope etc.. I would like to know how I can add a custom paper to this list. This is a pre-printed sheet (the size is actually standard letter), and I want the user to be able to select it & the program to know when the user has selected it. If not, Do I need to derive a class from CPageSetupDialog , add code to add this custom paper to the combo-box list, trap messages etc.. Thanks in advance rajas, Even if the ...

Is there any way to hide folders with the "_files" extension?
Not sure what they are or why they are there, but the folders with the "_files" extension really clutter things up and make it difficult to find the files I am looking for. Any way to hide those, or some other method so that I don't have to look at these? They are the files associated with documents saved as web pages. Save your web pages in a separate folder from your Word documents and avoid the clutter. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP ...

Where can we get a complete list of VC++ data types?
Hi, We need a list of all VC++ Data Types. Searched through MSDN but could not find a single list. Since we are new to VCC+ we really don't know if what we are getting is sufficient or there is more. Would help if we could get some reference link. Thanks and Regards, M Shetty news:1159884090.972166.178530@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com...> Hi, > > We need a list of all VC++ Data Types. Searched through MSDN but could > not find a single list. Since we are new to VCC+ we really don't know > if what we are getting is sufficient or there is more. It's not clear that ...

How do I do a New Mail Alert on a seperate folder??
I have a rule to divert my important messages to a seperate folder marked Urgent. Problem is, how do I apply a rule to this folder?? Lets say new mail has come in and 2 messages have been sent to Urgent folder.. I need to know right away that this folder has 2 new items.. Can someone please help?? Seems silly to have rules only for Inbox.. Thanks, Ajay I think you've got things mixed up now. All mails are being delivered to the Inbox. With rules you can automatically move them to a different folder. You can also set the action to show the New Message Notification in the rule. -...

forgot password of my outlook personal folder. How do i get data
I forgot password of my outlook personal folder. I am unable to open the folder now that I have closed it. How do I retreive the data? "Kannappa" <Kannappa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8283A7D2-4F11-4656-B6F3-570FF99DE9EB@microsoft.com... >I forgot password of my outlook personal folder. I am unable to open the > folder now that I have closed it. How do I retreive the data? Have a look at some of these: http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=pst+password+cracker&src=IE-SearchBox ...

Add a column to look up records webpage dialog
Hello All, When in the account record and wanting to add "An Existing" contact, I click on contacts and then I click the add existing contact. If I type Jim Smith, I get 10, but I want to also display the state in the available records list, how does one add that column. I tried making state recommended and required on the contact record, but that does not do the trick. I remember doing that years ago in 3.0, but I don't recall how to do that in 4.0? Thanks e Go to customise entities, choose Contact, go to "forms and views" and customise the "<Contac...