How To Execute The Start -> Run Programatically

Hey Friends

Can someone suggest how we can Execute The Start -> Run Programatically?

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Take a look at ShellExecute/CreateProcess.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

"vikrant" <vikrant_kpr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| Hey Friends
|
| Can someone suggest how we can Execute The Start -> Run Programatically?

0
ajaykalra (6842)
10/9/2003 3:22:30 AM
Hey...here is another link to TaskInfo 2000.  It is a later version
but just as good.  I don't think you have to register it (can't
remember).

http://www.devhood.com/tools/tool_details.aspx?tool_id=754

Dave
0
No1895 (4)

Problems executing commands on one file from another
I am executing a macro from one worksheet and wish to perform actions on another. With the commands below, I am able to open the existing file called "destinationfile" which contains a number of worksheets. It's with the 2nd command line below where I get an error message; for some reason, I am unable to "ACTIVATE" the file which I just opened (i.e. destinationfile) in order to select specific worksheets (called "Investment Models E" and "Open Models E") and save them as a combined PDF document. NOTE that these commands are be...

Money 2004 installed successfully but can not run
I have installed Money 2004 on windows xp home edition. but when i run the program, it shows: application failure msmoney.exe 12.0.0.613 in ofdutil.dll 12.0.0.613 at offset 0000ce2d. Any one can help? thanks If you're upgrading an old file, then, if the program crashes at startup, something may be fundamentally wrong with the way Money is installed. It would be worth trying to create a new file and seeing if it crashes with that (if you can't get into Money, just rename the MNY file and then it should prompt you). If you continue to get crashes, uninstall Money, reboot and remove ...

Make new replies start at the top of the old message not the bottom
well just as obvious as it sounds, currently when I click the reply button it takes me to the bottom of the old message, it should take me to the top instead. why people have to scroll all the way to the bottom for new message? Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0190_01CB10A3.DE268090 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable one of the options causes thjis. check them over carefully. mikeyshd "Ryu" <mazenko89@gmail.com> wrote in message = news...

Reset Order to run transfer Order to Invoice due to error.
Great Plains v 7.0 Client Transfered an Order to Invoice. I think they tried to print the order the same time the transfer process was running. I noticed that the TIMESPRT was = 3. The error she received was "An open operation on table 'SOP_Log_TEMP' has an incorrect record length. Anyway, the order did not transfer into an invoice. The order is also not available to attempt the transfer process again. The original Order is in the historical tables. How can I reset the order so I can run the transfer process again? Thanks. Kevin Well... I experimented and I seemed to h...

Running Calculations to build chart
I have the following columns: Job Title, Week, Total People The data looks like this: Job Title Week Total People PM W2 1 Tech Edit W3 5 Net Engineer W2 2 Programmer W12 10 Programmer2 W1 5 ..... I have a named range of weeks, W1, W2, W3, W4, W5, W6, W6, W8, W8, W10, W11, W12, named "weeks". I'm trying to build a chart to show the total number of people for each week. So I need to total up all the W1s, W2s, etc. to display my chart. Hi - I am using Excel 200. Select your Data > Job Title ...

For Dummies:Where do I start setting up OL on my own computer?
Where I work, we've always used Outlook for email. I think we started with the version before 2000 Pro; we're now using 2007 Pro. I have Outlook 2000 Pro at home (on XP Pro SP 3). Here's the For Dummies part - Outlook has always just been there. It's been a part of our computer set-up ever since I started using computers out here. So I have absolutely no clue how to set it up for use on my own home computer!! I have a couple of gmail accounts and two web sites with email accessed through the host's web control panel. I'm wanting to set up a system where...

Start new row with an updatequery in a memo datafield
Hello, My question (problem): I have a table with 4 datafields. a = text, b = text, c = text, d = memo. With an updatequery I want to registrate the data in field a, b en c together in field d. I know you can do did with a query with [a]&[b]&[c] as updatecode in datafield d. What I want is to registrate them together, but after each datafield I want an Enter which results in a new row within the memofield. So I will get "a" then new row "b" then a new row "c". Is there perhaps a code that I can use between [a] [b] [c] that automaticle result in a new r...

ExchServer running out of space
I have an exchange 5.5 server running out of space. I've add a second server and started moving mailboxes. The size of the Priv.edb and Pub.edb doesn't seem to be going down. Am I missing something? Thanks, Dan Please see the following MS KB articles. This is common. Make sure you have a good backup before running any utilities on the Exchange database. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;180011&Product=ech http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;192189&Product=ech "Dan Holahan" <dholahan@dnmyers.edu> wrote in mess...

Allowing fonts upon starting
When I start Word or Entourage, I get dialogue boxes asking me to approve the use of fonts found on the system. There is a box to check so that I won't have to approve the use of the font at start up in the future. Either that option is not working correctly or it keeps finding different fonts to add, because I am having to wade through several dialogue boxes every time I start. Is there a way to avoid this? ...

POP3 Virtual server don't start after reboot server
Hi, I've an Exchange 2003 in Windows 2003 Server. I've users that uses POP3 to access their mailboxes. Problem: Every time the server restarts the POP3 Virtual server don't start and I've to start it manually in the Exchange System Manager. How can I define it to Auto-start? Thanks, Pedro Gonçalves Go to Administrative Tools | Services. Locate the POP3 service | properties. Change startup type to auotmatic. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Pedro Go...

Workflows will not automatically start
Hello, I am having trouble getting Workflows to trigger automatically. I have a simple workflow setup that should create a Task when a new Account is created. I never see anything created and the Workflow Monitor doesn't show any information. This is a test environment and both CRM and SQL 2000 are installed on the same box. I get the following error in the application log. Any ideas on what to try are greatly appreciated. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMWorkflowService Event Category: None Event ID: 16640 Date: 4/12/2006 Time: 8:14:59 PM User: N/A Description: FAILED to...

How can I make my programe running ahead?
Hello,All: I am now getting in problem with a question that I cannot show my CDialog object with function DoModal(), how come did I call the function failed? I traced the function DoModal(), and found it failed at a call-CreateDialogIndirect() function. Is there anybody can tell me how I can deal with it? Thanks in advance! Set a breakpoint at the top of the dialog's DoDataExchange method, and make sure that none of the calls in there throw exceptions. This usually happens when you are referencing a control ID that's not in the dialog. AliR. "Carl" <carl8421@126.c...

Text Running Out of Cell
I am typing text in a cell. It is merged, word wraped, and left justified. It is formatted as text. The row height is large enough to fit the entire paragraph, and the contents still runs off of the cell. Half of the written paragraph is in the cell, the other half of the writing runs out of the cell and cannot be seen, and the rest of the cell is white space. I am tired of the alt+enter thing. I am filling out a form with over 500 cells, and I am very frustrated. I have been looking but haven't found any answers so far. Can anyone one help? "Running out of the cell&qu...

Help! -discrepancy in starting balance
Can someone pls. help me here? I have been working to try and resolve this starting balance issue with no luck. I have been able to reconcile the transactions of my most current bank statement. In short the difference is now zero. However, when I try and close out the balancing process I receieve a message that states "The starting balance calculated from your money records still does not match the starting balance entered from your statement." The amount is ($3,107.21). Should I have the application go ahead and make an adkustment for me? What are the pros and cons of this...

How to hide my computer in start menu without restart?
Hi, My program try to hide the item "my computer" in start menu by modifying registry value "Start_ShowMyComputer" to 0, but "My computer still appear in Start menu. I am sure there must be one way to apply the changes without system restart because I can do it by the dialog "customize start menu" provided by win xp without system restart. Does anyone know how to do it? Thanks. -- Nothing impossible, Nothing sure Would broadcasting a WM_SETTINGCHANGE message it do the trick? AliR. "NianHawk" <NianHawk@hotmail.com.invalid> wrote ...

on monday outlook starts, sends/receives automatically
Hey all. On our normal build, we do not have outlook setup to start automatically for users. Since we installed Live Meeting and Office Communicator, we have noticed that on Monday mornings Outlook will start automatically at boot and synch send/recieve. I am pretty sure this is related to either Communicator or Live Meeting, but I cannot find any documentation on how to control the behaviour. Its creating an issue with some of my more "hands on" users. i believe it's communicator as outlook can display the communicator status in email. which version of outlook? is communicat...

Is it possible to use regular expressions inside of an xpath statement executed by System.Xml.XmlDocument.SelectSingleNode() ?

upon submit, run duplicate query and display a pop up listing of d
In my Access 2000 database, I have a form for entering data on people who register for an event. Key fields are "First Name", "Last Name", "Event Code". I am tracking multiple events. When I enter a registrant's information, I want to click on a "Submit" button that will run a find duplicates query for only that one event and then display a pop up form displaying the duplicates - if any are found - and allow me to modify or delete or keep the records in question. If no duplicates are found, I do not want anything to occur. All fields a...

Do not run subform criteria when form opens
I have a subform query with criteria selection, for client name. In the main form I have a button which then requeries, for the user to enter their selection criteria, and list the results. How can I stop the subform query selection criteria box from appearing when I open the main form? Any help would be greatly appreciated. If the query has criteria, when it loads it will look for that criteria and if not found you will get that box. Instead of putting the criteria in the query, apply it when you click the button. Bonnie http://www.dataplus-svc.com MattW wrote: >I hav...

showing start of each month as tick mark & label on X-Y chart
Using Excel 2007 I am plotting information (Y axis) versus dates (X axis) using an X-Y scatter chart. Is there any way to show "1 Jan", "1 Feb" etc on the X axis as the tick marks and labels, rather than some integer interval of days that results in "1 Jan" then "30 Jan" then "2 Mar" (or whatever)? On Wed, 20 Feb 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Bandicoot <Bandicoot@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am plotting information (Y axis) versus dates (X axis) using an X-Y >scatter chart. Is there any way to show "1 Ja...

Force macro to run on a specific worksheet
I have a timer scheduled via the ontime method every 5 minutes to run a macro that I recorded. The worksheet where I want the macro to run has links to another workbook and when the timer pops the macro sometimes runs in the other workbook. How can I ensure that the macro runs in the original workbook (and worksheet)? Here is a reference to the ontime method: http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/run-macro-on-time.htm P.S. I am not very knowledgeable about VBA. Hi, Show us you ontime procedure. Sounds line you need something like this added to your code wb=ActiveWorkbook.Name Workbooks(&qu...

Pop3 and Imap auto start
When I reboot my server, pop3 and imap services start ok in the services mmc, but they are stopped in the exchange system manager. They start manually fine, and continue to run. Where do yoe configure them to start automatically on startup. I am getting error 1036 with the following on imap An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 Service: server instance number 1 failed to start with error 0x80040a01. same on pop3 Link in the eror syas its caused by address in use. I am running mailenable on the same server, but it is only bound to a seperate ip address. unless i...

can't start Money as a Power User
I could not start Money 2001 when I logged on as a Power User. I could not find Money 2001 in the start menu. When I tried to start it from the exe file, the software did not response at all. I had no problem using it when I logged on as Administrator. Is there any way to use the software not as the Administrator? Thanks in advance. Haijin 03 and 04 are supposed to work in XP without requiring the user to have administrative rights. -- Will you sponsor me in the Tour de Cure? http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR?pg=personal&fr_id=1058&px=1626087 "Haijin" <lihaiji...

Running Balance in Access 2007
Hello I have the following query with 3 columns: SELECT tblRegister.TransID, tblRegister.Payment, tblRegister.Deposit FROM tblRegister; How can I have a running balance? Both columns, Payment and Deposit are positives numbers and each raw will always have either or (never both), Payments will be subtracted from the running balance. This is what I would like to have: TransID Deposit Payment Balance 1 1,000 1,000 2 600 400 3 10 410 4 ...

Debug/Start Without Debugging gives IE8 opened with the address bar containing about:blank
I think this is a weid one. When I do Debug/Start Without Debugging I get IE8 opened with the address bar containing: about:blank and the big pane blank. I close IE that and a new IE opens with the usuall localhost address and a correct big pane display. Can you tell me how to avoid that first IE or why I'm getting it? Thanks >I think this is a weid one. > > When I do Debug/Start Without Debugging > I get IE8 opened with the address bar containing: about:blank > and the big pane blank. > > I close that IE and a new IE opens with the usu...