How to edit resource number range?

Hi guys, what would be the exact way to change string resources number
range?

I wanted to relocate 6xxxx numbered resources to 1xxxx range so I
hand-edited 'resource.h' file(6xxxx -> 1xxxx). Visual studio resource
editor seems that it had accepted those changes, but executable file
was using old resource numbers. So I tried to go back to 6xxxx range by
restore backed-up 'resource.h'. But now Visual studio is insisting
changed range(1xxxx). Messed up..

Thanks
Bob

0
bumsuklee (3)
9/25/2005 10:20:06 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

If you haven't used the resource organizer, it's available on CodeProject:
Resource ID Organiser Add-In for Visual C++ 5.0/6.0/.NET
http://www.codeproject.com/macro/resorg.asp

It's saved me countless hours over the past couple years

Warren

"bbg" wrote:

> Hi guys, what would be the exact way to change string resources number
> range?
>
> I wanted to relocate 6xxxx numbered resources to 1xxxx range so I
> hand-edited 'resource.h' file(6xxxx -> 1xxxx). Visual studio resource
> editor seems that it had accepted those changes, but executable file
> was using old resource numbers. So I tried to go back to 6xxxx range by
> restore backed-up 'resource.h'. But now Visual studio is insisting
> changed range(1xxxx). Messed up..
>
> Thanks
> Bob

0
Warren4678 (45)
9/25/2005 10:50:02 PM
As far as making entries or changes en masse is concerned, I do all of this
sort of thing very easily in a spreadsheet (Excel), run formulas for the
desired values, then paste the columns of data back into the resource
file(s).
--------------
"Warren" <Warren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If you haven't used the resource organizer, it's available on CodeProject:
> Resource ID Organiser Add-In for Visual C++ 5.0/6.0/.NET
> http://www.codeproject.com/macro/resorg.asp
>
> It's saved me countless hours over the past couple years
>
> Warren
>
> "bbg" wrote:
>
>> Hi guys, what would be the exact way to change string resources number
>> range?
>>
>> I wanted to relocate 6xxxx numbered resources to 1xxxx range so I
>> hand-edited 'resource.h' file(6xxxx -> 1xxxx). Visual studio resource
>> editor seems that it had accepted those changes, but executable file
>> was using old resource numbers. So I tried to go back to 6xxxx range by
>> restore backed-up 'resource.h'. But now Visual studio is insisting
>> changed range(1xxxx). Messed up..
>>
>> Thanks
>> Bob

0
srussell2458 (497)
9/25/2005 11:29:08 PM
Did you do "Rebuild All"?  If you don't "Rebuid All" after hand-editing resource.h, you
are doomed. The error you see is caused by failing to "Rebuild All".
					joe

On 25 Sep 2005 15:20:06 -0700, "bbg" <bumsuklee@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hi guys, what would be the exact way to change string resources number
>range?
>
>I wanted to relocate 6xxxx numbered resources to 1xxxx range so I
>hand-edited 'resource.h' file(6xxxx -> 1xxxx). Visual studio resource
>editor seems that it had accepted those changes, but executable file
>was using old resource numbers. So I tried to go back to 6xxxx range by
>restore backed-up 'resource.h'. But now Visual studio is insisting
>changed range(1xxxx). Messed up..
>
>Thanks
>Bob
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)
9/26/2005 7:13:34 AM
I could solve my problem with resorg add-in and some editing by Excel.
I guess Resorg is a must-have tool for visual studio users because it can
detect conflicts.
Also I didn't know that I can easily edit my resource.h file with Excel
program.
Thanks guys.
Bob

> Did you do "Rebuild All"?  If you don't "Rebuid All" after hand-editing
resource.h, you
> are doomed. The error you see is caused by failing to "Rebuild All".
> joe
>
> On 25 Sep 2005 15:20:06 -0700, "bbg" <bumsuklee@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi guys, what would be the exact way to change string resources number
> >range?
> >
> >I wanted to relocate 6xxxx numbered resources to 1xxxx range so I
> >hand-edited 'resource.h' file(6xxxx -> 1xxxx). Visual studio resource
> >editor seems that it had accepted those changes, but executable file
> >was using old resource numbers. So I tried to go back to 6xxxx range by
> >restore backed-up 'resource.h'. But now Visual studio is insisting
> >changed range(1xxxx). Messed up..
> >
> >Thanks
> >Bob
> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
> email: newcomer@flounder.com
> Web: http://www.flounder.com

bob.lee (18)

How do I parse a phone number?
I have a report where I use a text box to enter a phone number that the user has entered on the main form. Currently, I have my verbiage with the phone number text box right next to it. For example, "I can be reached at:" [Phone Number]. When I do this the phone number is in the format I would expect, (123)456-7890. I made a change to the line so that the entire line is in the same text box. For example, ="discuss this further, I can be reached at: " & [Investor Phone] & "." When I do this the phone number appears like so, 1234567890. ...

Inventory item numbers
There are quantities for existing item numbers. What is the best method to move these balances to new item numbers: 1) Buy item number modifier from Professional Tools or 2) Use decrease adjustments to reduce the existing balances to zero, then post increase adjustments to the new item numbers. Jackie, Is there any reason that you would want to keep the history of what happened under the old number vs. the new one? If so, then go with option 2. Will the new item be set up differently than the old one? If so, most likely you'll want option 2 (this will be true for most 'major...

Sales Range Inquiry PO creation
Is there a reason why for non-inventory parts that the PO creation under this screen creates separate POs for the same vendor? Dave ...

Formula Changes when data entered in referenced range
I have 5 formulas in a worksheet that refer to a range. When data is entered in the range, the formulas adjust to exclude the cells with data. Range B5:B211 When data is entered in B5, range in the formulas becomes B6:B212. The workbook has nearly 200 worksheets with the same formulas. I'm working in Excel 2003. Does anybody have any idea what's going on????? Might help if you include the formulae that you are using. Regards Trevor "mac849" <mac849@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33BDD2CD-C071-4DAE-A821-4967E94C16A3@microsoft.com... >...

Outline Numbering
I'm trying to outline number a report and have followed the guidance on Shauna Kelly's page. However, my numbering is back to front - so it goes: 1 1.1 1.1.1 1.2 2.1.1 Instead of 1.2 and 1.2.1. When I go into 'level 2' numbering, I can't link this to the previous level - it selects it, then unselects it by itself. If I clear level 2 and start again by selecting 'number style 1,2,3' then choose 'previous level number - 1' it puts the numbers together (11) and unselects the link to the previous level. And when I put a 'period' in it...

entering 16 digit numbers
While creating a sheet with credit card numbers I noticed that upon placing the 16th digit and any after that , the numbers are zeros There are no fomats in those cells. Can anyone help? dreamer wrote: > While creating a sheet with credit card numbers I noticed that upon placing > the 16th digit and any after that , the numbers are zeros There are no > fomats in those cells. > Can anyone help? Assuming you aren't going to be doing math on these values format the cell as text. gls858 Or create a custom format to show it as 1234 1234 1234 1234. That way, it is also e...

use port number for the sql server? while installing CRM 3.0
when installing Microsoft CRM 3.0, can we use port number for the sql server? Responded to on the CRM Deployment forum. -- Rgds Michael MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005 "Amit - Techtrends" wrote: > when installing Microsoft CRM 3.0, > can we use port number for the sql server? ...

Referring to cells by range names #5
thanks to everyone. here is the formula i was looking for: =indirect(b1) indirect(a3) or =indirect("a") indirect("John") quotes needed with range names, and two spaces in between the indirect -- rllane4 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rllane47's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1647 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27830 That Indirect containing the cell addresses needing 2 spaces is a new one on me. ... TWO SPACES ? ! ? ! ? As far as using the r...

how to convert a number to text
how to convert a number to text eg. "2" to "two" Thanks http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213360 -- Gary''s Student "CQ" wrote: > how to convert a number to text eg. "2" to "two" > Thanks Hi CQ, You have also received responses to two ogf yoiu previous posts. --- Regards, Norman "CQ" <CQ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B3D953E-19C9-4980-8E93-FA4F2AF3E3C4@microsoft.com... > how to convert a number to text eg. "2" to "two" > Thanks What...

Converting Accounts Payable Vendor numbers
Company uses GP (version 8.00g19) for about 5 years, but will be converting to 10.0 at end of fiscal year (after audit is completed). When company was first setup, vendor numbers in AP were randomly assigned numbers; with turnover, the new "regime" had started using an alphabetic system which has led to duplicate vendor IDs in the system when researching history. Is there a way to convert the old vendor IDs into the new IDs while maintaining history? Budgets are tight (as everywhere). -- pes Microsoft sells the Professional Tools module/library or you can go to an outside v...

About Edit and Continue
Sometimes "Edit and Continue" facility in VS 2003 Studio denies to work. I want to know in which cases this happens?? "rahul" <hyrahul64@gmail.com> wrote in message news:7e2d3dfc-ede1-4d69-95a9-10e574b3728b@i31g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... > Sometimes "Edit and Continue" facility in VS 2003 Studio denies to > work. > > I want to know in which cases this happens?? I'm afraid I regard the process of changing a code while it is running, and having it continue to run, as such an unbelievable concept, that I'm overjoyed whe...

when type in a number it autocorrects to a date how do i stop it?
Hi Format the column as General. If you are typing something with a slash in it, e.g. 1/4, then precede with a single quote -- Regards Roger Govier "samh" <samh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F3F0562D-4776-4CE4-8A22-4D34DC5DF5A3@microsoft.com... > This white space is where you ask questions. You did not say what you mean by 'auto corrects' . If 123 becomes 1.23 then use Options | Tools open the Edit tab and uncheck the Fixed Decimals box. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps fr...

Out of Memory or System Resources.
For some reason I'm getting this error when I try to open email in Outlook 2003 (or view just about ANY of the settings). This ONLY happens when I connect to an Exchange 2003 server, and NOT to a IMAP mail server. The exact error is: Out of Memory or System Resources. Try Closing Other Programs to Free Up Memory or Other System Resources When this happens I am using 224 MB with 512 physical, and 886 max. So it's not a memory issue. Anyone know what may be the problem? I'm able to send / receive email via the exchange server, I just can't open it! I'm also using ...

Excel Number Format #2
Is there a quick way to format numbers copied from a website into Excel. I find that the numbers copied into Excel do not allow any operations to be performed. Thank you in advance for your help. Run this macro http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/join.htm#trimall Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Richard" wrote: > Is there a quick way to format numbers copied from a website into Excel. > > I find that the numbers copied into Excel do not allow any operations to be > performed. > > Thank you in advance for your help. You're copying numbers as text. Copy a bla...

Item Serial Numbers for Matrixed Items
Hello all: I have a question regarding serial numbers for matrixed items. I would like to set up an item, and then include a matrix for size, color, length, and still maintain invenotry on each color/sytle combination, and have a serial number for each item. Can anyone provide details as to how to best accomplish this. Thanks Victor Example: Style:FANA01 this comes in: Red, Green, Yellow and each color has small, med, large. Each item has a serial number. Create the item using the New Item Wizard as a matrix item. At the end of the wizard select "Edit this item" On t...

"General" cell format nixes numbers
This is a really simple problem, but I can't seem to figure it out. I have cells formatted as the "general" type. If I type in something like 19, then the cell displays ".19". If I type something in like 123456798, then the cell displays "12345678.8". Sometimes with really long numbers it will display something like "123456798+11". It's happening in all of excel, no matter what workbook is open. It also happens on all computers I log into, so it's probably an excel setting somewhere in my profile. How I do I display standard numbers ag...

Number conversion
I have a report that has numbers ranging in the millions and I want to create a graph that shows the numbers in thousands. I only need certain rows from the report for the graph. I have the needed rows linked to another sheet for the graph. So my question is how can I have the numbers converted? You have two choices: 1) after you link the rows, in the destination row after the link type in '/1000'. This will divide the number in mil and show up in thousands 2) create the graph as you normally would in millions, double click the 'Value axis' on the chart, go to the '...

Dealing with large group memberships (range retrieval)
I'm working on a project where I need to have a script return the distinguished names of all members of a distribution group. Easy enough, except when the distribution group has more then 1,500 members. I know I can do this with non-native cmdlets or the Exchange cmdlets, but I really need to do this using LDAP\ADSI. The problem appears to be that I need to use range retrieval, however I'm having a hard time finding working code samples that do this. Does anyone have any code samples that can be used to spit out group member DN's for distribution groups that ar...

Automaticaly select range
Dear All, I have the following macro attached to a button. With regard to the select aspect, the range will change from time to time. So I either need to put the range ie A1:R54, in a predetermined cell, say A1 all the time. Otherwise I need some code as part of the macro, that will give me a box to enter the range, once the button is pressed. Range("B594:K601").Select Selection.Copy Workbooks.Add Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks _ :=False, Transpose:=False Columns("A:A").EntireColumn.AutoFit Columns(&q...

Bulk Edit Problem
Hello. I'm using CRM 3.0 and I have a custom entity set up that has an onChange script enabled for a DateTime field. The problem is that they have to be able to do the bulk edit on that entity for that field and since there's a script associated, it's grayed out. In fact, you can just check the box for script enabled and leave the script box blank and it still stays grayed. Is this a known issue? Is there a patch available? We basically need both the functionalities in place and currently it appears we are going to have to make a trade off. Any help is much appreciated. ...

multiple resources
Hi, I have to use two resources for a task 'estimate preparation'. One resource will be allocated 50% from 5-Apr to 9-Apr. The second resource will be allocated 100% from 5-Apr to 16-Apr. What would be the right technique for handling such a situation? Thanks! Hi, Gantt Chart Window, Split In top pane select the task Make sure the task is NOT fixed duration In bottom pane assign both resources First with 2.5 d of work Second with 10d of work Now (and only now) click OK HTH -- Jan De Messemaeker Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional +32 495 300 6...

Numbering Format
In Power Point slide, can you do advanced formatting other than what is available as standard under the Bullets and Numbering Options? The standard option for Numbering format is 1, 2, 3.... However I want to know if Power Point can do automatic numbering such as 1.1 , 1.2, 1.3 ... like Microsoft Word Number formatting. Thanks Only I, I.I, I.II, I.III or i, i.i, i.ii, i.iii "Kayla" <Kayla @discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: ADDE1F22-6F4D-43CE-9689-5669EDF5D560@microsoft.com... > In Power Point slide, can you do advanced forma...

Consecutive page number with one master
I have created a "Gift Certificate" in publisher 2003. Is there a way that I can print 100 of these certificates and have publisher automatically put a consecutive number on each certificate? Thanks Jane Jalco <Jalco@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have created a "Gift Certificate" in publisher 2003. Is there a > way that I can print 100 of these certificates and have publisher > automatically put a consecutive number on each certificate? Yes, and there's a tutorial on how to do it at http://www.publishermvps.com --...

Auto-fill receiver phone number
I am trying to figure out how to auto-populate the phone number of a person I am trying to call when I create a new phone call activity. Anyone have sample coding they could provide? THANKS! Hi, if you want to auto populate the phone number if the activity is created from some exisitng entity than such things are configured through Mappings but it is not available for activites. one possible solution is to develop a webservice which fetches the parent entitys phone number and poupulate it in activity. it will be used in onLoad function. u can contact me directly at my email address if...

How to check sequence numbers in a range of cells
If I would like to store sequence numbers in A1 to A10 as follows : A1 : 1 A2 : 2 A3 : 3 .... A9 : 9 A10 : 10 How to make sure that A(n) really stores n ? Fill the range A1:A10 with the following formula: =ROW() P "desktopbbb" <desktopbbb@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a51e1199.0307261055.59026fd4@posting.google.com... > If I would like to store sequence numbers in A1 to A10 as follows : > > A1 : 1 > A2 : 2 > A3 : 3 > ... > > A9 : 9 > A10 : 10 > > How to make sure that A(n) really stores n ? ...