How to display mfc control in new look style?

Hi, anybody knows how to show mfc controls like button or other controls in
new look style?

Please see below link to know about what i mean by new look style is.
http://www.geocities.com/henky_arektc97/question/

I want to make my controls in dialog shown as Picture 2, not as Picture 1
(look at the button). Are there lack of some defines or codes or something
else, because when I create new project again, the dialog will be displayed
as I want in Picture 2.

I use MFC 9 (vs2008).

Thank you for any help!
0
Saitama (11)
10/17/2008 6:01:01 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Saitama" <Saitama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Hi, anybody knows how to show mfc controls like button or other controls
> in
> new look style?

You need to specify that the program uses version 6 of the Common Controls
library.

You do this in the manifest, by including something like:

<dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity
            type="win32"
            name="Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls"
            version="6.0.0.0"
            processorArchitecture="X86"
            publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df"
            language="*"
        />
    </dependentAssembly>

Dave
--
David Webber
Author of 'Mozart the Music Processor'

dave9996 (486)
10/17/2008 7:16:11 AM
Hi Dave, thank u very much for your help!
It works.

Btw, anyone who wants to know more about manifest resource, please refer to
this article:

http://www.codeguru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=408061

Thanks Dave!

"David Webber" wrote:

> "Saitama" <Saitama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> > Hi, anybody knows how to show mfc controls like button or other controls
> > in
> > new look style?
>
> You need to specify that the program uses version 6 of the Common Controls
> library.
>
> You do this in the manifest, by including something like:
>
> <dependentAssembly>
>         <assemblyIdentity
>             type="win32"
>             name="Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls"
>             version="6.0.0.0"
>             processorArchitecture="X86"
>             publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df"
>             language="*"
>         />
>     </dependentAssembly>
>

> Dave
> --
> David Webber
> Author of 'Mozart the Music Processor'
> http://www.mozart.co.uk
> For discussion/support see

Saitama (11)
10/17/2008 8:19:00 AM
> Hi Dave, thank u very much for your help!
> It works.
>
> Btw, anyone who wants to know more about manifest resource, please refer
> this article:
> > http://www.codeguru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=408061

No.
Refer to the original article
not (bad) copies.

0
felix7281 (2)

setting timeout in XML controls
Is there a way to set a timeout in either MSXML or in .NET's XML classes? --Buddy Hi, If you're using MSXML4.0 take a look at the ServerXMLHTTP: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/xmlsdk/htm/xml_mth_sz_0cj7.asp Regards, Ion Vasilian -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm. "Buddy Ackerman" <buddy@buddyackerman.com> wrote in message news:uHqaoAkmDHA.2068@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

Form Header Control problem
I have a form based on a query that displays fields in the form header and data is entered in the detail section. When I use the record selector to go through the records the data in the detail area is updated but not the header section. I added the header section so that I could insert a tab control at the top of the detail section. Thanks in advance for any input. ...

Moving Outlook Express to New PC
I got a new PC and am trying to move my old Outlook Express e-mails to it (both are using Outlook Express 6.00). I'm assuming that the .dbx files are the e-mail files. My old PC is storing these on C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Identities\...[I don't feel like typing the number!]...\Microsoft\Outlook Express My new PC is storing these on C:\Documents and Settings\Matty\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\...[similar long number]...\Microsoft\Outlook Express I tried copying the .dbx files from my old PC to the Documents and Settings\...\Outlook Express file on my new P...

Automatically include new code.
It would be nice to have a dex.ini option to have the system not prompt when including code from a new (or updated) chunk file. This way we could push updates to our clients and not deal with the support calls (which we'll get even if we send out an email ahead of time telling them to click "yes" when prompted). ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open ...

Publisher Users: Looking for Free Fonts?
http://www.searchfreefonts.com/ This was recommended by Lockergnome online. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Thank you Brian. Even tho I have 923 fonts onstalled on my system, there are times when I just can't find the exact effect I'm looking for. I appreciate links like this. :-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Brian Kvalheim - [MSFT MVP]" <bkvalheim@publishermvps.com> wrote in message news:uhnPOpuTEHA.3332...

Display Library Web Part on Parent
Can someone explain to me the best way of displaying a document library web part on a parent site? In other word, I have a sub-teamsite that has a document library and I'd like to display it as a web part on the parent site. What's the easiest and best approach? -- Thanks, Brad That really depends. Do you have WSS or MOSS? MOSS has a web part called the Content Query Web Part that will let you display a plethora of data from within the site collection, including items from a single library. If you only have WSS you can use Designer to link to the sub-site and th...

New Mailbox
Hi All, When I create a userid object for a new employee in 'Users and Computers' the NT account is created. I usually wait about 3-5 minutes and the email address are created. Yesteday when I created a new user the email address took about 15 minutes, but Exchange 2003 only created a X500 email address. No smtp etc. I am thinking that this is a problem with RUS, however I have run a rebuild and update, and still no luck, I cant seem to find any messages in the event log either! I deleted the entry and recreated the same user with the same result. I hope someone can help me!!! Tha...

How to create treeview active control as another activex control's child?
I want to create an activex control who will wrap a treeview active control but has some its own logic. I don't know how to create it and how to set its position and size. say,if I want my active control's size is the same as the treeview active control. Any idea ? Thanks ...

What is the Outlook keyboard shortcut for checking new mail
"Steve Jaeger" <Sjaeger1@elp.rr.com> wrote in message news:043f01c36b5f$468b1110$a601280a@phx.gbl If there is a coded shortcut for a menu item, you will see it on the rightside of the menu. If you open Tools -> Send/Receive -> Send/Receive All, you will see F9 listed on the right. Also, it is considered impolite to use only the Subject line to carry the body of your message. -- ____________________________________________________________ ** Share with others. Post replies in the newsgroup. ** If present, remove all "-nix" from my email address. _________...

Display middle name with Primary Contact field on Account screen?
How do I Display the middle name with Primary Contact field on Account screen? Please help. We use the Primary Contact field on the main Account screen to search and select a contact. The field then displays the First Name + Last Name of the contact that was selected. Can I make it show First Name + Last Name + Middle Name? How do I do it? I will be very appreciative for any help I receive. Thanks adna; The CRM has one format for displaying contact names. you can set that format in Settings-->Administration-->System Settings. While First Name + Last Name + Middle Name isn&...

RICHEDIT 2 in MFC
I'm trying to create a Richedit 2 window in MFC, instead of Richedit 1, via a CRichEditCtrl, not a resource. Looking in the MFC source, CRichEditCtrl::Create() would need to be replaced at a minimum because it's creating a window with a class of "RICHEDIT" and explicitly loading "RICHED32.DLL". CRichEditCtrl::Create() is not virtual so that would be a problem. Is there a good solution? Thanks Mark Bellamy Mark, You might want to investigate AfxInitRichEdit2 on MSDN, and check www.codeguru.com and www.codeproject.com, which both has articles on using the ve...

Need help bring over GP 7.0 data to new a GP 8.0 server.
I'm setting up a GP 8.0 Test Server with SQL 2000 SP3a installed. How do I bring my Great Plains 7.0 Data into the GP 8.0 envirnoment? Thanks in advance, The easiest way is the following: On the 7.0 server, detach DYNAMICS. Copy the DYNAMICS mdf and ldf file from the 7.0 to the 8.0 server. On the 8.0 server, attach and browse to the mdf that you copied. On the 7.0 server, attach DYNAMICS. Repeat for all databases. If you also need the sql logins from the 7.0 server, there is a TK on how to do this (uses a table called RecoveryMaster within Dynamics db). If you can go without the s...

Reading material for someone new to Exchange
Hi, Exchange 2003 has recently been set up on our Small Business Edition 2003 server. I know nothing about it and want some beginner information to find out what it is capable of doing and how to do it. All the books on Amazon seem to be for advanced users so I'd appreciate if someone could recommend some books for beginners. Thanks in advance, George On Wed, 10 May 2006 12:23:28 +0100, "George Taylor" <newsgroups@kellymurray.ie> wrote: >Hi, > >Exchange 2003 has recently been set up on our Small Business Edition 2003 >server. > >I know nothin...

Hooks & sending data to the Pole Display
Hello, I am trying to send my own text during a transaction to the pole display. I have everything in place and outside of RMS I can send stuff to the pole display out the COM port, but when the hook is running during RMS POS I can not my dll to talk out to the pole display. Is there any tricks to this that anyone has found? thanks, Nick ClothingStore wrote: > Hello, > I am trying to send my own text during a transaction to the pole display. > I have everything in place and outside of RMS I can send stuff to the pole > display out the COM port, but when the hook is running...

I'm look for a Visitors Log Sheet
I'm look for a Visitors Log Sheet ...

Open new form based on two criteria
I have a main form that I need to be able to open another form that is based on two different fields on the main form. This is what I have: Private Sub cmdOpenForm_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdOpenForm_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "SFRM_AllLocationsperContract" stLinkCriteria = (((TBL_LocationContract.ContractNumber) = "&[Forms]! [FRM_CompanyAddContracts]![txtContractID]&") And ((TBL_LocationContract. CompanyID) = "&[Forms]![FRM_CompanyAddContracts]![txtCompanyID]&")) DoCmd...

Moving Outlook to a New Computer #3
I use Outlook as my email software, and have a large number of message rules set up to move messages to the correct folders, etc. I am getting a new laptop tomorrow, and want to use it now as the computer I do all my emailing from. I've found info on how to reconnect my old PST file onto the new machine (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA010771141033.aspx). My question is whether this will move all of my message rules to the new machine, and what I need to do to create the various folders on the new machine. Can I copy over the old file structure of these folders to the new m...

I did install Genuine Advantage ActiveX control. But why could not find it in my IE Add-ons List?
Several days ago, I downloaded Windows Mobile Device Center from Micorosft web site for my Windows 7. As it needed Windows Genuine Verification, I installed the Genuine Advantage ActiveX control for my IE8. But now, I can not find this activeX control in my IE Add-ons List( IE -> Tools -> Manage Add-ons options of Internet Explorer ). Anyone could tell me why and where? Thanks in advance. It installed and it is not removable in any shape or form. Once done (Genuine Advantage ActiveX) it is done :-) -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of oth...

can a new email notification be sent to an external recipient?
Here's the situation. Exchange 2003 SP2. A certain group of users wants to be notified in their external email accounts (hotmail, gmail, etc) when they receive a new message in their corporate inbox on the Exchange server. How can I do this? There are folks here who might have a better idea, but you could just have the user create a rule in Outlook to send a notice, they could just turn on that rule when needed. The problem you might encounter is that, by default, Exchange won't allow external Auto relaying/forwarding. Here's an article that explains how to change ...

Get control of a Userform by the Name
I want to change the text of a form. I know the name of the form and the name of the control in it. How to get the control of a form if I know the Name? Below post refers to adding a form. But I already have a form, just need the control of that! http://groups.google.co.in/group/microsoft.public.excel.programming/browse_thread/thread/beedb666e1d7a29b/f2df993ded867dd4?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=form+by+name#f2df993ded867dd4 Thanks a lot in advance Regards' Joe If you are talking about a VBA user from in VBA window press F4 (View properties window) and click on the control....

Incorrect display
Hi, When I start my program (Access 2007), I use a form with a background picture and nothing else, while the program makes some work (50 seconds) with the data. This work is invisible to the user. The problem is the form don't display correctly. I found a temporary solution that I don't like. I force a message to be written to the form with MsgBox. Then the form and the background picture are ok. Is it another way to achieve that without using MsgBox (because the user must clic on it to close it) ? I use these two lines of code followed by some invisible work to the data. DoC...

Change Display Order in Charts
I have an X-Y chart with a cloud of points and a line. When the chart plots, the line is always hidden behind the cloud of points. Can I bring the line to the top so it becomes visible? I tried making the line first and last, but it always ends up behind the cloud. Thank you. Lines for a given chart group (group of data series) are plotted behind points of that same chart group in an XY chart. However, you can change the chart group by changing the axis on which the chart group is plotted. Make the plot with one series formatted as markers only and another as lines only, double cli...

look up a selection of data
Hi I would like to transfer or look up data when keying in a reference number and bring up all the data regarding the ref number Eg Cell A1 = 101, B1 = John and C1 = january Cell A2 = 102, B2 = Mark and C2 = january Cell A3 = 103, B3 = Sam and C3 = February Cell A4 = 101, B4 = John and C4 = March Cell A5 = 101, B5 = John and C5 = June When I key in Ref 101 in a chosen cell (eg.A10) then the display should have all the details Cell A11 = John, B11 = January Cell A12 = John, B12 = March Cell A13 = John, B13 = June I assume A11, A12 and A13 should also have formulas to generate data but I c...

New account with new Domain
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I am trying to set up a new entourage email account using a new recently purchased domain. I am putting in mail@domainname.com for incoming and out going mails but when i verify details it tells me both are not right. Do I have to have set up the hosting for the website before being able to set up the email account or do I need to set up the email address at somewhere like GMail first and then will I be able to do it???? Any help appreciated. > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this f...

How to control network shares programatically?
Hello, I am trying to discover a non-GUI method of recording a network share's permissions and security settings, taking the share off-line, doing a bit of maintenance on the data on the share, bringing the share on-line again, and restoring all of the security and permission settings. Only the top level (shared folder) permissions and security settings need to be preserved. The individual files don't have special settings. The general NET SHARE commands can remove and install a shared folder, but can't help record and manage the security and permissions settings. I'm tr...