how to display current time in status bar?

hi all,

how to display current time in the status bar.

thanks&regards
james

0
leomani001 (16)
5/21/2005 8:44:15 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hello james,

> how to display current time in the status bar.

You can use SetIndicators to create panes on status bar. You can display
any text in it. These are updated with ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI mechanism by
default. So if your app is idle and you want to update the time, you will
need to have a timer.

As usual, check out codeguru and codeproject for sample code. I am certain
you will find something there.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
ajaykalra (6842)

email delievere dmultiple times
i have an Exchange 2003 FE-BE topology setup. i have one user who is receiving a single message repeatedly at various time intervals. i seem to remeber reading about this condition some time ago but can no longer fnid any reference to the issue in KB articles. anyone have any advice where to look? Lots of reasons for this, but if it's an external message, look in the SMTP protocol logs and see if the sending server is correctly ending the conversation. If the sending server doesn't believe the delivery was successful, it will try again. We often see this with bad firewall conf...

SCroll bar on a static control
hi friends ,i m drawing image when i m calling this function ...now i have to need a srollbar on where i m drawing the image in a static text control (m_ImageRect).. some one can plz help me i will appriceate ................ void CThumbnailDlg::DrawSelectedImage() { CDib dib; CFile ImgFile; CString strPath; RECT DesRect, SrcRect; strPath=pArray->GetAt(m_nSelectedItem); // read the image file ImgFile.Open(strPath, CFile::modeRead); dib.Read(ImgFile); ImgFile.Close(); SrcRect.left = 0; SrcRect.top = 0; SrcRect.right = dib.m_pBMI->bmiHeader.biWidth;...

Finding the currently selected cell in another worksheet
Hi, In Excel 2002 I want to display the current row of worksheet A in worksheet B (in another format). Does anyone know how to do this? Ideal would be if this updates automatically, but performance wise I guess a macro activated by a button in worksheet A would be the best solution. TBH, Jeroen Jeroen, I don't know of a way in a formula to determine the active cell of the worksheet. Worksheets other than the active one don't have an active cell. I think macros are the only way. Put this in a regular module: Public Roww As Long Put this in the sheet A module: Private Sub W...

Displaying an image
Hi, I have an asx file which plays various videos. However, I want tio show a gif image for several seconds between wmv videos. Can this be done, and if so what code should I use in the asx file? Thanks inadvance, Simon Keeling On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 09:44:46 -0800 (PST), Simon Keeling <simon@weatherweb.net> wrote: >Hi, > >I have an asx file which plays various videos. > >However, I want tio show a gif image for several seconds between wmv >videos. > >Can this be done, and if so what code should I use in the asx file? > Hi, I replied...

error bars when breaking the y-axis
Jon - I think this question is directed towards you. I have implemented a version of your broken y-axis scheme. My data looks like the following: sample average avedev negative control 0.36252361 0.029793573 sample 1 3.265795907 2.878954305 sample 2 0.149275395 0.035304333 sample 3 73.57998574 2.237144009 sample 4 0.346937718 0.02837823 sample 5 4.636386221 0.089703534 sample 6 709.7039626 16.33742397 sample 7 1.157628293 0.667009325 negative control ...

not enough resources to display completely starting excel 2010
I have just performed a clean install of Office 2010, having totally removed my Office 2007. I have installed the 64 bit variant, running on my (fairly new) Sony Vaio with 250 Gb ssd and 6 Gb RAM. I am running windows 7 ultimate (64 bit). Imagine my surprise that, whenever I start Excel, I get the error message: Not enough resources to display completely!!! I have not opened any workbook, nor do I have any other programs running, and I am a bit perplexed as to what could be causing this issue. Any ideas? I did also get some error messages when first starting Word but these see...

HTML Displayed in Outlook
I cannot display html script in Outlook 2002. I changed security settings to Internet which matches IE. Anyone ever had this problem with Window XP and Outlook? ...

Displaying Message from event sink to Edit control in dialog box
Hai I am working on FTP Software using MFC and i have to write the ftp server request and response to tracer window. The server request and response were caught by Eventsink and i donot know how to pass this text to edit control in dialog box which is another class. Here is coding of Event Sink / EventSink.cpp : implementation file // #include "stdafx.h" #include "RoboFTPClient.h" #include "RoboFTPClientDlg.h" #include "Eventsink.h" #ifdef _DEBUG #define new DEBUG_NEW #undef THIS_FILE static char THIS_FILE[] = __FILE__; #endif extern long gnResult...

how to send mails at a scheduled time
hi, does anyone know how to send mails at a scheduled time from outllok express or microsoft outlook thanks depending on your version of outlook, there might be two ways, but in Outlook 2000 and above, with the email you're going to send open, go to View, Options...there's a checkbox that reads "Do not deliver before" and you can select the date and time you want the message sent... "CARETTA" <mail@mail.com> wrote in message news:OXJ1OZsqDHA.2268@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > hi, > does anyone know how to send mails at a scheduled time from outllok exp...

Why does a graphic or print multiple times in the same document?
When I print from publisher to my Canon color copier,graphics appear multiple times in the same document. This could be many things- Temp files need cleaning A simple restart of cpu & printer A bad printer driver Check those first. "Carla" wrote: > When I print from publisher to my Canon color copier,graphics appear multiple > times in the same document. Carla wrote: || When I print from publisher to my Canon color copier,graphics appear || multiple times in the same document. Carla, check out the following kb article. This is actually a known bug that affects the e...

Outlook 2000 display name
Trying to change the display name of an account in Outlook 2000 SP-3 Windows XP machine But I can't find the option to do it, all I keep on getting is e-mail services and nothing that says accounts even when I go through options. Any help would be appreciated Corp/Workgroup mode does not use the term account. Your Internet Mail Service is your email account. Set the name there in Properties -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Miranda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c2a01c46e89$a46fc5e0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Trying to change the display n...

Combining date and time into one cell
I have the date (m/dd/yy) in one cell and time (hh:mm) in another cell. How can I merge these two in one cell with the format m/dd/yy hh:mm ? Thanks. Date in A1, time in B1, combined in C1: formula is =A1+B1 and format as you describe. On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 14:03:02 -0800, "Kelly C" <KellyC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have the date (m/dd/yy) in one cell and time (hh:mm) in another cell. How >can I merge these two in one cell with the format m/dd/yy hh:mm ? > >Thanks. =TEXT(A1,"m/dd/yy ")&TEXT(B1,"hh:mm") is one way -- HT...

Display names in Global address book do not update
I made a change to one of my users so that their display name shows as last name, first name. This change has not been applied to the global address book, but you can see the change has been made in active directory users and computers. Any idea how I update this change for the global address book? Thanks, Mike YOu need to wait for the global catalogs to refresh.....depends on your AD topology. "Mike Fefferman" <mike@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:%23v%23sxI5PFHA.3156@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... >I made a change to one of my users so that their display name show...

Active Sync timeed out with DEV_10
I have problems with sync my mobile. normally the mobile syncs 100 Objects and then stops. Next time it syncs the next 100 objects and stops again. Does anybody know why just one hundred !? On the Device I got the following error (at the end of the log) =-=- [15/3/2006 9:26:8.0] -=-= =-=-=-= Server Response =-=-=- No Header Found, got error: 80070006 Thanks Marc ...

Calendar entries and time zones
Hi! I have the following problem with Outlook: I moved from Europe to US, and what I did was just to change the computer clock (but not the time zone). Now the time Outlook writes in email headers is always offset by 6 hours. To change that, I wanted to change the time zone to the correct US zone instead of the European zone. But then I have the problem that all the calendar entries are shifted automatically by 6 hours which is definitely NOT what I want. Does anybody know how to solve that problem? How can I change the time zone for my computer without having to change back all the calendar e...

entering current time in shared work book
Hi, i am maintaing a excel tracker in shared drive where i am manually entering the time when a person came into the office. Is it possible that when a person comes he himself open the shared file and click the cell corresponding to his name so that the time of that moment can be stored and that can not be further updated with new value (time)... below is the format Name of Person Date Name A Name B Name C 21-Apr-10 6:44 PM 6:48 PM 6:40 PM 22-Apr-10 6:30 PM 6:34 PM 6:31 PM 23-Apr-10 6:35 PM 6:39 PM 6:40 PM I would try first to setup a list on another she...

Outlook Web Access Does Not Display Inbox Messages When a "Loading
I have an environment with 4 exchange 2003 servers 1 frontend and 3 backend servers. I have 3 servers in one site 1 is the FE server and 2 are the BE servers, one of these servers is on another site. There is no proxy server between these servers and all of them are in the same network and there no traffic being filtered between these exchange servers. Suddenly I started seeing this message when users are oppening OWA ( Outlook Web Access Does Not Display Inbox Messages When a "Loading..." Message Is Displayed). I have checked the authentication settings and all settimngs have ...

Stacked Bars
Hi. I would like to create a stacked bar chart that actually has two stacked bars for each "X" category. Series 1 is in b3 through b7 Series 2 is in c3 through c7 Series 3 is in d3 through d7 Series 4 is in e3 through e7 I would like to stack series 1 and 2 together and series 3 and 4 together. Is there a way to do this? Thanks, Mike. .. If you stagger your data, you can create side-by-side stacked columns. Jon Peltier has links to instructions on his web site: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Mike wrote: > Hi. I would like to create a st...

Current Folder PROGRAM is Running
How can I get the current folder my program is running? What function from Windows API?! /* the variables */ char path[_MAX_PATH] = { 0 }; /* get the module file name and strip final portion */ GetModuleFileName(AfxGetInstanceHandle(), path, _MAX_PATH); char* lp = strrchr(path, '\\') + 1; *lp = '\0'; Enjoy, - MR "renegade" <renegade@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OTrh8Jk3EHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > How can I get the current folder my program is running? > What function from Windows API?! > > Mark Randall wrote: > > How can...

Combination Graph with current year and prior year sales
I'm trying to create a graph showing sales results for 5 organizations over 3 individual quarters, for current and prior year. My plan was to show current year as a bar chart with the 5 organizations each having their own bar for each quarter (therefore there will be 15 bars). I then want to show the prior year data as a line chart, again 5 lines and 15 data points. I've tried several options and my issue is that the data points (labels) for the line charts are in line, in the middle of each quarter, and I would like the data labels to begin and terminate within the correspond...

Can a front-end server be a bridgehead at the same time?
Is such a configuration even recommended? (Personally, I don't see why not.) Thanks. On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 17:34:23 GMT, "jdee" <jdee@trunk.net> wrote: >Is such a configuration even recommended? > >(Personally, I don't see why not.) > >Thanks. > it's fine, it's supported, it's recommended. Yar. Do it all the time. Just remember you need to leave that first storage group & mailstore up and running. -- Thanks, Brian Desmond Windows Server MVP www.briandesmond.com "jdee" <jdee@trunk.net> wrote in message news:zK...

where do I find the current user in crystal reports
Hi NG, topic says everything :-) Nicolas F�hrs Many Places Depending what you want to know? Active Directory, Deployment Manger, Web Cleint Top Left=20 Corner, OUTLOOK, Settings-Business Units-Users... Q >-----Original Message----- >Hi NG, > >topic says everything :-) > >Nicolas F=FChrs > > >. > ...

Last Synchronization Time
Is there a way of finding out, from the server, when a user last successfully synchronized the Outlook Client (went offline)? Maybe in a log or somewhere in a table? MS CRM 3.0 Thanks, Chris ...

calculate time and date
I want to find out how many houer iy is between one date/time and another date/time. date and time one cell A1= 04.03.2005 08:30 date/time two cell A2= 05.03.2005 23:59 =A2-A1 custom format [hh:mm] or for Norway [tt:mm] -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "make" <lage@tiscali.no> wrote in message news:2c61523.0503070721.2dacdd07@posting.google.com... > I want to find out how many houer iy is between one date/time and > another date/time. date and time one cell A1= 04.03.2005 08:30 > date/time two cell A2= 05.03.2005 23...

Can the cities listed under the various time zones be edited
Oslo is not displayed under time zone Sh2008;114869 Wrote: > Oslo is not displayed under time zone You can't edit that list, but why do you care? You certainly know what time zone Oslo's in, so choose that time zone. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] http://forums.slipstick.com In Windows time zone list? Yes, it's just a registry setting, but its usually not worth the hassle. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mai...