How to Display bitmaps on runtime in wizard which is derived from CAppWizStepDlg

Does anyone know how to display a left bitmap on a custom app wizard
dialog derived from CAppWizStepDlg? (not CCustomAppWizDlg)  Just
puting
a bitmap control(picture control) there and specifying the bitmap ID
is not working.
Custom painting doesn't appear to work either.  What is the App
Wizard
doing to prevent my bitmap from being displayed?

0
amu4uall (1)
1/31/2007 9:44:32 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Custom painting of what by whom?  I'm a little surprised that a picture control doesn't
work, but you might make sure the WS_CLIPCHILDREN and WS_CLIPSIBLINGS styles are set on
the dialog templates.
					joe

On 31 Jan 2007 01:44:32 -0800, "Amu" <amu4uall@gmail.com> wrote:

>Does anyone know how to display a left bitmap on a custom app wizard
>dialog derived from CAppWizStepDlg? (not CCustomAppWizDlg)  Just
>puting
>a bitmap control(picture control) there and specifying the bitmap ID
>is not working.
>Custom painting doesn't appear to work either.  What is the App
>Wizard
>doing to prevent my bitmap from being displayed?
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)
1/31/2007 4:48:54 PM
If you are trying to display a bitmap on the left side of the wizard.

CMyWizard::CMyWizard(UINT nIDCaption, CWnd* pParentWnd, UINT iSelectPage)
   :CPropertySheet(nIDCaption, pParentWnd, iSelectPage)
{
 AddPage(&m_pgFirst);
 AddPage(&m_pgSecond);

 m_psh.dwFlags |= PSH_WIZARD97|PSH_WATERMARK|PSH_HEADER;
 m_psh.pszbmWatermark = MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDB_WATERMARK);
 m_psh.pszbmHeader = MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDB_BANNER_ICON);
 m_psh.hInstance = AfxGetInstanceHandle();
}

AliR.

"Amu" <amu4uall@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to display a left bitmap on a custom app wizard
> dialog derived from CAppWizStepDlg? (not CCustomAppWizDlg)  Just
> puting
> a bitmap control(picture control) there and specifying the bitmap ID
> is not working.
> Custom painting doesn't appear to work either.  What is the App
> Wizard
> doing to prevent my bitmap from being displayed?

0
AliR3470 (3236)

Clistview derived class does not call DrawItem
Hello! I've got a class derived from CListView and I'm trying to override DrawItem() to control displaying the list of icons. But it never gets called. This is what I've done so far 1. included the prototype defn in my header file. virtual void DrawItem(LPDRAWITEMSTRUCT lpDrawItemStruct); 2. Modified MyListView::OnCreate() to include the following code to change the style to Owner draw CListCtrl& ListCtrl = GetListCtrl(); LONG dwStyle; dwStyle = GetWindowLong(ListCtrl.m_hWnd, GWL_STYLE); dwStyle |= LVS_OWNERDRAWFIXED; SetWindowLong(ListCtrl.m_hWnd, GWL_STYLE, dwStyle); ...

VB routine to change display for time not working
I got some help from someone a while ago in order to make it easier to enter information in a spreadsheet. I wanted to make it so that if someone entered the digits corresponding to a time without the colon between the hh and mm values, the program would change the entry to the proper hh:mm format (i.e. someone enters "530", and when they tab out, the entry changes to "05:30". I've recently discovered a problem. Here is the VB routine that was suggested: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim tlen As Long, result As String If Target.Column < ...

Display max and min on bar graph
Hello all. I am constructing bar graph to display the numerical results of our quality metrics, and my boss would like the maximun and the mininum displayed for each category as dots over and in the individual bars. I know I can add error bars, but is there any way to do it as a simple dot and not have the lines? I hope that makes sense. ...

How do I change the display of a negative number to just read 0?
On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 02:24:01 -0700, mfederan@peoplepc.com <mfederan@peoplepc.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: One way: Format/Cells/Number/Custom Type: 0;\0;0 --ron Hi! Select the cells you want, to modicy and click on Format, Cells Click on the Number tab and click "Custom" In the field type the following #,##0.00;"0" And click OK You can specify up to four components for a number format: How the contents are displayed if they're positive How the contents are displayed if they're negative How the contents are displayed if they equate to ze...

IE not able to display documents with invalid certificate. Fix?
I suddenly have again the effect that IE suddenly is unable to display documents that come with an invalid certificate (it's IE8 in my case now, but I had that very same effect already about a year ago with IE7 and it drove me nuts since many of our company internal webpages use invalid SLL certificates and they were suddenly not usable any more with IE). The effect manifest such, that there is first the warning page stating that "There is a problem with the website's security certificate". If I then click on the red "continue to this website" link I ...

Help! How can I upload data and display it in Excel on client
side. Also, how can I open a book with several sheets on client side? (It is a web application). Thanks. ...

Dexterity Runtime Error
Hello: We are encountering a problem when launching Great Plains using the following in our shortcut: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Business Solutions\Great Plains\Dynamics.exe" "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Business Solutions\Great Plains\Dynamics.set" (all one line). When running the program as a domain admin, the application launches just fine but when running as a general domain user, we get the following error message in the Dexterity Runtime Window: "You do not have permission to open this file". We have tried granting admin rights to the local user, b...

Changing cursor at runtime without using WM_SETCURSOR
Hi, Can anyone tell me how to change the mouse cursor when it come over a particular bitmap region? I don't want to use WM_SETCURSOR as I won't be able to change the code now. Also, the cursor is changed in a function of a non-MFC class. According to MSDN, after using SetCursor, the mouse either has to move or the cursor has to be hidden and shown to bring the effect. I tried hiding the cursor and show it later but it didn't work. So, I got the cursor position and moved the pointer to the same place....... and the cursor changed!!!!! Now, the problem is, this is generating WM_MOUS...

How to get only active tab to display in windows taskbar?
I'm running IE 8 under Windows Server 2008. Let's say I have two instances of IE running, and each instance has four tabs/urls. In the Windows taskbar, when I click on the IE icon and the list of windows is displayed, instead of two URLs, it displays all eight. I'm not sure if this is an IE8 vs. IE7 issue, or a Windows Server 2008 vs. XP issue, but on my work machine (running IE8 and Win Server 2008) this happens, but on my home machine (IE7 and WinXP) only two URLs are displayed (the active tab/URL of each instance). Is there any way to change this? I really d...

How to display numbers as 000, 001, etc.
Quick question for everyone... How do I enter numbers with format 000, 001, 002, etc? I also need to be able to "drag" the cells down to get me all the way to 999. Any suggestions? Thanks, JG Select "Format Cells" and choose a "Custom" format. Type in "000" for the format. That should be all you need to do. "J. Gutierrez" wrote: > Quick question for everyone... > > How do I enter numbers with format 000, 001, 002, etc? I also need to be > able to "drag" the cells down to get me all the way to 999. > > An...

saving a bitmap
Hello, How do I save a bitmap to a file? Do I have to do it myself, separately saving each field, or is there a class method somewhere that will do it all for me? Thanks I don't get it. You want to save A bitmap, what are all the fields? See this for saving a bitmap to a file: http://www.codeproject.com/bitmap/drawing2bitmap.asp AliR. "Ian Lazarus" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:cCK8g.49517$Fs1.37882@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > Hello, > How do I save a bitmap to a file? Do I have to do it myself, separately > saving each field, or i...

Display a PDF file in Excel as a picture
I am trying to insert a PDF file in a spreadsheet so that it views as a picture, not an icon I need to print a PDF picture of a machine toolpath to send out to our shop with our orders Maybe you can copy it as a picture from within Adobe's reader. Select the Graphics Icon in Reader. Lasso your "picture" Edit|copy back to excel and edit|paste In simple tests, I had to do each pdf page one at a time. And it helped if I copied from a zoom that was readable--if I blew up the picture within excel, it looked very bad. Stevie H wrote: > > I am trying to insert a PDF fi...

How can i display the equation from a graph in my table
I have just finished creating a number of graphs each with 9 series of data. I was wondering if there is a quick way of copying the Power trend equation for each series in my original worksheet rather than having to copy and paste and then modify the equation to formula style. Thanks very much ...

Labels in Access runtime 2007
I'm looking for a good way to add label functionality to an application I wrote in Access2007 (distributed using the runtime). I would like to somehow cover all possible labels the user might have. Option #1: - call the label wizard (doesn't work in runtime) Option #2: - write a whole bunch of reports (one for each style of label) Wondering how many that might be? Option #3: - Use Microsoft word merging to create labels Seems a little too difficult for the user Option ???: Wondering if there is a better approach anyone has used? Thanks in advance, Mark ...

Where is on/off status of overtype mode displayed on Word screen?
In Word 2003, I could look at the bottom of the screen to see whether I was in Overtype Mode or not. In Word 2007, I see nothing displayed on screen to know whether Overtype is on or off. Am I just not seeing it? Right-click the status bar and, from the context menu, click to select the options that you want displayed. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "snjbaren" <snjbaren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC482183-ED9B-4E8D-8156-0FFFBD3D0DDD@microsoft.com... > In Word 2003, I could look at the bottom of the screen to see whether I ...

How to display both $ in pie chart and % in legend
I have a spreadsheet in excel that has some simple data Total-C $90 59% Total-K $24 15% Total-L $40 26% I'd like to display this info in a pie chart, but more specifically, I'd like to have the $ over the slices, and the % in the legend. I have been able to display both in the slices. I've serched for tutorials, but nothing indicates that what I am trying to do is possible without just typing in the percent as part of the series names. Any suggestions? Thanks, Christi Christi, This is what I came up with: Cell A2 "Total-C" Cell B2 "$90&quo...

How to Change Displayed on Master Visio Document Customer Shape Properties.
In Visio 2003, how can you change the shape properties that display on the main Visio document? For example, if you use the Raid Array Shape and fill out the 'U' or 'IP' information, it will display on the main document. I would like to also add the network name. Thanks in advance. so how did you get the ip address to display? Did you enter it into the text field? The units field is a special case. al "Master Tester" <nlmtest@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1123616282.120291.25350@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > In Visio 2003, how can you change th...

Could not draw gray-color BITMAP in CView::OnDraw()
HI all, I am trying to draw a gray-color BITMAP image in CView::OnDraw(), but still could not make it. Although the image could be displayed, but the high color are all disappeared. For example the color index 255 is draw as color 0. Thus the white pixel is displayed as black pixel. I had tried to use a palette in OnDraw(), but it seems the CDC pointer that passed into OnDraw() could not support changing the palette. The following code is what I am using for drawing a gray-color BITMAP. Any advise is welcome. Thanks. Best regards, Justin ===============...

Wizards not working (Add user, Add Computer, configure internet et
Since installing and uninstalling CRM 3.0 on a sbs 2003 server with ISA2004, I am unable to run any of the wizards... They bring up the introduction page about what each wizard does, but then on clicking "Next" the wizard crashes out with "Instruction at "0x000b9098" referenced memory at "0x000b9098" The memory could not be "Written" ". Any ideas? ...

Rules Wizard not in Tools Menu #2
I do not have the choice to select anything that says "Rules Wizard" under the Tools Menu. Anyone have an idea why this is? Do you have a mail account installed? Are you in a mail folder when looking for the RUles Wizard on the Tools menu? >-----Original Message----- >I do not have the choice to select anything that >says "Rules Wizard" under the Tools Menu. > >Anyone have an idea why this is? >. > Umm, do you have to have the email account installed prior to using rules? For everything else on Outlook, I didn't need to have the acct se...

net display or pole display
We are a small beverage/specialty retailer. We have a requirement to install a customer viewable display. We are using a Pioneer POS that has an available USB and video port. 1. We are thinking of using a small, 7-9" monitor connected to the video port. Can we change the size of the fonts that are used to display pricing? 2. We tried hooking up a flat panel monitor to this port, but it didn't work (even with the net display check boxes activated). I think it is because we did not load drivers for the second monitor. We're a little apprehensive about messing up the touch s...

Displaying Results . . . #2
Danke Fran -- Fabl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fable's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=218 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26130 ...

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error
I recently installed Norton Internet Security 2004 on machine running Win XP,IE 6.0 SP2, using Outlook 2002 for email. Periodically receive a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error when starting Outlook. "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! Program: ...\OUTLOOK.EXE abnormal program termination" 3 options are available ignore, retry, cancel...all cause Outlook to terminate immediately. Click Outlook again and it works fine but problem will resurface. Not sure if there is a switch I've not set correctly or a bug in Norton or Outlook. Any ideas on corr...

Message display in Outlook
I just load service pack 2 for Outlook and my email are taking a long time to display. Does anyone know why Try turning off Instant Messenger integration. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Manny" <mandrade@kiarch.com> wrote in message news:618f01c40133$68038ec0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I just load service pack 2 for Outlook and my email are > taking a long time to display. Does anyone know why ...

Messages do not display on Outlook Express
I receive mails on using Outlook Express, but the messages do not display on the View pane when I click on them. How can I fix the problem? Thanks in advance. Hi, George - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexp...