How to disable Window File protection system

Hello,

I need to implement a class that disbales Windows File Protection
(WFP) untill next reboot and that shouldn't require Rebooting the
system.
Please help me out if anyone has idea about it,

Regards
Amit

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

How do I open .dbx files saved from my computer in outlook
I have a number of .dbx files I saved on an external hard drive just before my computer died. How do I open them on my new computer. It has Vista and office outlook 2007 You need to use Windows Mail and make the folders available there (import from identity - Outlook Express) , before in WM exporting msgs to Exchange (Outlook) "colinswood" <colinswood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD7FEA1C-813C-4DD0-8C22-860B2AABCE9E@microsoft.com... >I have a number of .dbx files I saved on an external hard drive just before > my computer died. How do ...

Search file and within the file
Hi, I have several files in a folder most of them are CVs in word format, I want to create a query or access program to get the subject with some criteria - any ideas? If I search for a particular Text, that should check and matching file name and also inside the word file. I tried google desktop search, coppernic search and even the MS Search - but nothing helped in a way I want. I appreciate your valuable time. Rgds Anver, To develop a bespoke Access application will take much effort and involve using Windows APIs. I suggest you don't want to do this. Instead consider upgrad...

Excel file size reduction
Can anyone tell me, how can a file size be reduced. For one possible problem (and solution) see http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <fb5801c3f1c5$04b46b50$a601280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Can anyone tell me, how can a file size be reduced. > > "Stacie Pierson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<fb5801c3f1c5$04b46b50$a601280...

windows updates installation fails
Hello there, I am using XP Pro sp3, I just installed it and when running the windows updates from IE I am able to download the updates bu then the installation fails. How can I delete all downloads and reset the windows client update settings? Thank you, T Which is the update(s) failing to install? Further information required: How to view the Update log in Windows Click Start, and then click Run. In the Open box, type %windir%\windowsupdate.log and then click OK. Scroll down towards the bottom for the latest entries to locate the error code(s) associated with the ...

Stuck on Call Progress window
I have no idea how it happened but Money no longer performs internet updates, and when I prompt it to perform an update manually, the Call progress window appears and then remains for EVER. It basically locks up Money. I downloaded a trial of Money 2004 and the problem remains. Any ideas? Thanks, Fraser In microsoft.public.money, Fraser wrote: >I have no idea how it happened but Money no longer performs internet >updates, and when I prompt it to perform an update manually, the Call >progress window appears and then remains for EVER. It basically locks up >Money. Is "fo...

Windows live won't print single page email... prints eye charts only?
Can someone tell me WHY the body of any email invoice has to be printed with BIG text (1/8th inch tall) and be spread across 2 to 3 pages???? Do I need to get away from HP? Do I need to get away from Microsoft? Does Apple have this problem? Can I go back to like Windows 3.1 on my new pavilion? It's real simple. I run a small home based business. I don't even use my computer to do that, except I sometimes order parts online and thus receive invoices via email. For tax purposes, I need to make a hard copy. I've tried everything I can but CANNOT reduce the text si...

Unicode Problems In Resource Files
Hi, I have the following unicode russian string in an excel document ????????? ???? ???????T when i paste it into the string table in the resource editor it comes out as follows Нас�,�?ойка иг�?�< �"а�?�"илд�"� why is this could someone help i am toatally at a deadend with this. Regards Adrian, >I have the following unicode russian string in an excel document >????????? ???? ???????T >when i paste it into the string table in the resource editor it comes out as >follows >�?а�?�,�?ойка иг�?�< �"а�?�"илд�"� Adrian, I believe the c...

Message Tracking XML File
Hello: Is there any utility out there that can read the XML file saved from the Message Tracking Center, and present it in an easily readable format? MS explains the XML schema at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms987640(EXCHG.65).aspx but doesn't offer a program to do anything. I found http://theessentialexchange.com/blogs/michael/archive/2007/11/13/more-exchange-message-tracking.aspx, which looks like it'll take the raw log files themselves and convert them into XML, which isn't what I need. Thank you. -- Regards, M MCTS, MCSA Nevermind....

Word Quits when I close document window
I'm running Office:mac X on OS 10.1.5. When I close a window in word, it usually quits with an error message that says it quit unexpectedly and that other applications and the system are not affected. This also happened when I was running Word for Mac '98 on Classic 9.2.2, but not as consistently. Does anyone know what is going on and how to fix it? In article <0aef01c3789d$3d5f4c00$a001280a@phx.gbl>, "Liz" <S0journer@aol.com> wrote: > I'm running Office:mac X on OS 10.1.5. When I close a > window in word, it usually quits with an error message th...

Office 2007 will not install on 1 particular Windows 7 machine
I have just performed a custom install of Windows 7 Pro on a computer that has been running Windows Vista Ultimate and Office 2007 successfully for several years. I had some trouble geting a stable installation of Win 7 but after an expensive visit to the Geek Squad, which determined that a particular Windows update was causing the system to crash, I now have a stable installation. (They disabled that particular update, too.) The problem is that I am unable to install any of my fully-licensed copies of Office 2007 on this machine, even though I have it running happily on two ...

open a file listed in my db
I an starting a data base to keep up with the different files I would like to be able to double click on the file name and open it I would like to double click on an excel vile name listed in the access db and have it open How would I go about this? gary, Take a look in Access help. Look for "followhyperlink" HTH Dale -- Email address is not valid. Please reply to newsgroup only. "Gary." wrote: > I an starting a data base to keep up with the different files > > I would like to be able to double click on the file name and open it > > I would like...

open my back up files
sir, my user id by mistakely delete. so my outlook back up file how i can open it? its not open. iam already create new id and outlook mail . so my old back up file any chance to open. reply me .thanks, minoori13@hotmail.com File > Open > browse to the location of your PST file. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "mohammed iqbal" wrote: > sir, > my user id by mistakely delete. so my outlook back up file how i can open it? > its not open. iam already create new id and outlook mail . so my old back up...

Large Files
I have created a design in Publisher 2002, A3 size with TIFF images inserted. The Publisher file size is a hefty 8Mb due to the image sizes. The reason I used TIFF's is because I can't figure out how to create JPEG images with transparent backgrounds using MS Digital Image Pro 7. The Publisher file displays and prints O.K. but when converted to a PDF the images are distorted or missing. I have tried many different PDF creators without success. Can't figure out if it is the TIFF's or the size of the Publisher file that is the problem. Please help. ..png (Portable Net...

CRM 4.0
Hi! We have just made a migration from CRM 3.0 to 4.0, and everything went well, except one thing - field Resources is disabled (like it's in read-only mode, but it's not!), and we can't find the way to enable it... Any suggestions....? Best regards, Ivica I'm sure this is a bug - we had it on the fax entity with "to" - Team please take note I modifed the xml - after i look ed at a clean xml to see the diffence Pete "Ivica Ivancic" <ivica.ivancic@infinitas.hr> wrote in message news:5534F8F2-930B-45F1-A503-4D4DBA092E0F@microsoft.com....

How do you import a pdf file into Microsoft publisher 2003
I'm doing my kid's school directory. I have ads thathave been submitted as pdf files. How do I place those files on my pages. Microsoft doesn't give me the answer; neither does adobe. A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from rbpublisher <rbpublisher@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > I'm doing my kid's school directory. I have ads thathave been > submitted as pdf files. How do I place those files on my pages. > Microsoft doesn't give me the answer; neither does adobe. You need to convert the PDF files to graphics suc...

windows 98 restart
When windows is booting up i get this error massage .Windows found an error in your system files and restored a recent back-up of the files to fix the problem.Then it tells you to restart,but nothing happens but the same massage, over an over ,thanks in advance. The most likely cause of this error is a hardware failure of some sort, such as RAM or disk. You should run some diagnostics to check that the hardware is operating properly. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/188867 Troubleshooting Windows 98 Startup Problems If that does not identify the problem, try unplugging all u...

Error message: Macros in this project are disabled
I am trying to run a module in Access 2007. I receive a message, "The macros in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online help documentation of the host application to determine how to enable macros." The host application is Access 2007. So I go to the Trust Center in Access Options. I select "enable all macros." I try to run a module. I receive a message, "The macros in this project are disabled..." Any suggestions? On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 20:19:02 -0800, richard lewis <richardlewis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying t...

Converting excel files to doc files
Is it possible to convert an excel file over to doc format? Alvin, You can open an Excel file with Word, then save it. Word saves as doc files (if that's what you mean). Be sure to type the doc extension, or Word will overwrite your original xls file. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Alvin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c2501c4316d$5e715b20$3a01280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to convert an excel file over to doc format? Dear Earl, Not good... My excel file...

Disable Activate Product
Hi, I need to be able to disable the Activate Product option on the Help menu. I have been able to do it with all of other office 2003 apps. I have tried using [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Publisher\DisabledcmdBarItemsList] TCID1 = 5933 but it just won't work. Any suggestions? Thank you, Scott ...

cannot open file extension.xls
FRX file saved through Excel 2007 with extension .xls cannot be open on 2003 office version attached through email. Help! This discussion group relate to Microsoft Access, have you looked at Victoria's reply to your post in Frx related discssion group http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.frx&mid=2f31afba-cb44-4a90-b25c-188d9cfd7c2e -- Good Luck BS"D "ctart" wrote: > FRX file saved through Excel 2007 with extension .xls cannot be open on 2003 > office version attached through email. Help! ...

File type converter install
I've received a docx file (Word 2007-type). My Word is 2000, so I can't open it. So I've downloaded a MS converter but when I try to install it, although it says 'satisfactorily installed' it's nowhere to be found so that I can actually use it. I would expect it to be listed in All Programs and/or to have its own desktop icon. Anyone any answers for me? You may say this should be queried on a Word NG, but I thought it more appropriate to ask on a Windows NG. Rob Graham Rob Graham <rttgraham@btinternet.com> �crivait news:1NidnSZoEImDiz_WnZ2dnUVZ...

Macros on Protected Sheets #2
Hi , Now I have tried Alan's Solution to be able to run my Macros in Protected sheets but as I am not VB literate, I think I have made a Syntax mistake. Sub Newaction() Sheet("Critical Path").Unprotect ("My Password") ' Newaction Macro ' Macro recorded 17/11/2004 by Clifford ' ' Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="=" Sheet("Critical Path").Protect ("My Password") End Sub I receive a message "Compile error" "Sub or function not defined" Can you tell me what's wrong ? Regards ...

Open File Dialog
In a database I use an Open File Dialog to open multiple files using an Array and then I use the Array to populate a list and process it. This works great, until I select over 7 files, at which point the array remains empty without the error handler triggering. Is there a logical reason and/or solution for this? Further research indicates that when the number exceeds 7 the following line starts giving a False instead of a True: aht_apiGetOpenFileName(OFN) ...

How to transfer subfolders from hotmail to windows live?
Hi! I am operating windows 7 on a new computer and can not transfer my subfolders in my hotmail account to my windows live mail desktop. I used to have it on my windows xp and it was fine but since set up on here I can't get my other folders to move over. can anyone help? thanks If you configure your Hotmail account in WLM, it will automatically use DeltaSync which will sync all your folders and messages in Windows Live Mail. If you use POP, only messages from Hotmail's Inbox will be downloaded in WLM (Hotmail-Inbox). PS: there are no subfolders in Hotmail (you can'...

Can't get rid of rogue PST file in Folder List
Hi, I have Outlook XP SP1 and latest updates. After a recent reinstall of WinXP I now have 2 PST files listed. One is my normal one, and the other is pointing at a file that doesn't exist. I get the error when I click on it: "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The path specified for the file ... is not valid." I can't right-click to delete it. If I try to create a PST where it is hoping to find one, it won't open it anyway. I've removed all references (there were 2) to that PST from registry. What els...