How to detect the signature of a file ..

Hi,

I got source code (using winverifytrust API ) which detects whether
the given file is signed or not.
source code link :

I created an exe with that code and tested I faced one issue
when I pass the "C:\Windows\System32\ieframe.dll" it is showing that
this file is not signed.
If I check the same file using "sigverif" ieframe.dll is signed.

Please can any tell me what might be the reason for the above.

I am trying to implement the SIgnedCode class in VC++ (MFC or Win32) I
did not get any information on this in the web.

Please can any suggest me how to proceed.

Thanks,
Manjunath.M
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Deleting index.dat files
Can someone recommend a good freeware index.dat file remover for XP/IE8? bobster wrote: > Can someone recommend a good freeware index.dat file remover for > XP/IE8? Ccleaner: http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner In news:%23EbE4416KHA.5708@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl, bobster <fauxie@bogus.net> typed: > Can someone recommend a good freeware index.dat file > remover for XP/IE8? Why use a program for that? Just do a Search of all drives for index.dat, and when it's done searching, highlight them all and hit Delete or Shift-Delete, which bypasses the Recy...

missing excel VBA help file
I'm missing the excel 97 VBA help file "VEenUl3.hlp". I assume this file is on the software distribution pack that came with my computer. If it is do I reinstall excel or can I just copy the help file from the distribution pack? Finally I may not have the distribution pack since I've moved three times in the five years since the computer was purchased. How would I get a copy if I need it? I'm using windows 98. Thanks for your help John VBA and help files are not part of normal Office install. ie. Office 9 or Excel 97 *not* Windows disk required. Perhaps you ...

Outlook .pst file #2
My Outlook pst file is locked up. I get an error message that says, "cyclic redundacy check". What is this and can this be fixed? Kevin Cochran <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My Outlook pst file is locked up. I get an error message > that says, "cyclic redundacy check". What is this and > can this be fixed? Try the Inbox Repair Tool (scanpst.exe). -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't spea...

Missing PST file with Outlook 2000
I want to run scanpst.exe to try to sort out some problems I'm experiencing but can't find a current PST file. Even when searchng for hidden files, the newest PST I can find is November 2002. Any ideas? Rgds, Tony If you open your folder list (View | Folder List), right click on the top-level folder (the main folder from which your Inbox, Calendar, Tasks, etc. folder expand), and select Properties | Advanced, it should give you the path and filename of the PST. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipsti...

Can't open workbook by clicking on file
Why won't double-clicking open the workbook? When I am in Windows Explorer (or other folder) with excel file in it I double-click on the file and xcel opens WITHOUT a workbook! If I have one or two workbooks open and double click on the nex workbook I want to open, it still opens a blank xcell window, not blank workbook, a blank xcell window. I am runningwindows XP. It did this with office 2000, and now afte installing Office XP 2004 it STILL does it. The only way to open a workbook is to open excel first and then us open command and navigate. Sounds minor, but can't do merge i...

How do I format a long number fields as text in an Excel .CSV file
I am creating an Excel .csv text file with a program and I am trying to format a field that contains about 20 numbers as a text filed. When I open the .csv file with Excell that column does not show correctly. It appears that Excel is trying to treat it as a number. It tried bounding the field with double quotes and that doesn't seem to make a difference. The filed still shows up with an "E" towards the right end of the filed that I can't make go away. Cyber, It's probably happening when you open the csv file with Excel, not when the file was written. Open t...

Deleated important files.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am a complete noob when it comes to mac. Thinking the applications folder was like the "start menu" i deleted everything in the Office 2008 folder that was not something i used. All that is left in there is the .app for word, excel, and powerpoint. Needless to say none of them will open. The problem is it's a school pc so i don't have access to the office install discs. Is there some way to restore these or will i have to take it to the pc shop to get it reinstalled? PS: i already emptied the trash =(...

How do I recover the autosaved file?
I closed a file I had been working on for a while, without saving. Can I recover that altered file? No. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 03:18:01 -0700, et <et@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I closed a file I had been working on for a while, without saving. Can I >recover that altered file? ...

How do I import a WORD file into EXCEL? #2
I'd like to import a WORD table to Excel but when I go to "Select Data Source", only other EXCEL files show, not my WORD files but the Help function indicates that all files should be showing. I've selected "Text Files" from the Data Source; I've tried "All File Types" with no luck. Anybody have a clue for me? ..signed, an Excel Idiot......thanks! File>open and select all files or copy and paste -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "MauiMama" <MauiMama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27741FDC-23BA-478D-98AC-21760...

Insert page from another Publisher file
I am trying to insert a page from one Publisher doc into another Publisher doc. I don't want to COPY/PASTE since that would mean I would have to reformatt the text. Help. If it is only one page, use the Painter tool. Open help and read how to use it. Copy/paste from one Publisher document to another doesn't change the formatting, have you tried? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Mark Davies" <Mark Davies@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FB773EB-AE03-484E-8818-EED12FFAC0FB@mi...

Problem to import folders from old .PST files to Outlook 2003
Have upgraded from Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003. I had several Personal Maps (One Map containing the E-Mail for each previous years, like Outlook2003, Outlook2002, etc.). When I try to import the old .pst Personal Maps to my new Outlook 2004 Personal Map (with the new format), the folders inside each of the Map are not visible, and I am not able to import any data at all. Is it possible to create several Personal Maps in Outlook 2004, and how to I create a new one? What do you mean by Personal Maps? Assuming you are talking about Personal Folders (PST files) they are perfectly compati...

Signature #4
Dear All, I'm trying to make signature in outlook express but I don't have the ability to make it in a good format. I can see others is sending me theire mails with a very nice signature and formatted one. How can I do this in outlook Express.,? Is it applicable or I have to use the outlook to have it. I appreciate your reply. >I'm trying to make signature in outlook express Ask in a newsgroup that deals with Outlook Express. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospac...

Recovering the word file saved in Temp folder after system restart
Hi, By mistake I had save one of my working document in the Temp folder (I open a file in the outlook and then saved as a new file and worked on it, never realized that I saved it in the wrong folder). Later I did a restart of my laptop and when the system came back that particular Temp folder (for e.g <<user profile>>/AppData/Local/Temp/wzbbff/<<new filename.docx>>) itself got deleted. is there any way to recover the file? I did lots of work on that document and wanted desperately to retrive that file. Appeciate your prompt help in this regard.....

Restoring a PST File
Further to my previous Posts. 1. I have backed up the outlook.pst file to CD using NERO 2. I have restored the same outlook.pst file to a seperate folder 3. I have checked the file attribute and made sure the archive bit is off 4. I have run the scanpst program over the outlook.pst file. SCANPST came up with a large number of errors (I have the file). An example is: !!PMap page @6112768: PTYPE mismatch (read 00, expected 83) !!PMap page @6112768: BID mismatch (read 0, expected 5D4600) When I open or import the outlook.pst file, there are 2 empty folders... recovered and deleted. ...

Converting Quicken file #2
I've been trying to convert from my Quicken file using the Money 2005 trial version, and it omits so many categories that it isn't even possible for me to use it. All the categories from the middle of the alphabet seem to be come out blank (gifts, insurance, etc). This did not happen with the Money 2004 trial, which I eventually decided not to use. What is going on and why can't MS correct this problem, as it will keep many Quicken users from buying the New Money. I notice others have had the same problem, so it isn't something unique with me. I can't comment o...

missing file and save as options in live mail
Hi everyone Running windows 7 on a new computer and trying to save an email in live mail when i highlight message there is no "file" or "save as" option given in my right click options menu. or "file" "edit" options on my toobar. I want the option to save one message at a time on a seperate drive independent of a system backup. The right click options in WLMail do not offer a "Save as" function. That problem is compounded by another quirk. The Menu bar (File / Edit / View / Go / Tools / Actions / Help) is also hidden by...

importing publisher files
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have many publisher 2003 project files I would like to use, but have not found away to import them into office 2008. Any suggestions on how to convert them to a use able format? lckid@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: Intel > > I have many publisher 2003 project files I would like to use, but have not found away to import them into office 2008. Any suggestions on how to convert them to a use able format? Hi The conversion has to be done u...

? send htlm file as an e-mail
HI, I am using Outlook Express and I am trying to send an htlm file as the e-mail copy - not as an attachment, can anyone tell me how. Thanks, This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID...

Copying File Properties of Excel Worksheet
Hello I want to know if it is possible to enter all the file properties, Title, Subject Author, Manager, Company Category, key words from the File>>Properties>>Summary menu and copy these into other Worksheets automatically. can this be done with a MACRO or script? Trying to find a way to get lazy people to fill in these blanks Serno001 Worksheets don't have Properties. Workbooks have Properties. Why would you want to copy the same properties data to each workbook? Wouldn't a lot of those custom properties be unique to its own workbook? Like Author, keywords etc....

opening tablet PC excel files

batch file
hi, I have the following in a batch file, intended to run a sql file.. it opens up the SQL file, but does not actually execute it. Am I missing something? I have looked at and tried tons of example... C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\Binn\sqlcmd.exe -i c:\zigzag.sql -o c:\tiki.log pause Thanks in advance, geebee On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 11:38:21 -0700, geebee <geraldjr30@hotmail.com(noSPAMs)> wrote: >I have the following in a batch file, intended to run a sql file.. it opens >up the SQL file, but does not actually execute it. Am I mi...

Merge excel files
I had received my database in Excel Format containing @ 30,000 item entries. I imported it in the database. Now I have received another excel file with @ 1000 item entries which have been updated. So these 1000 item entries need to be overwrite the same items in 30,000 item database. How could I do it? Is there a function in Excel which would do it. Then I can just import the updated Excel in the database. Thanks Hi Don: Are you interested in any custom solution to update the excel data to DB, if so plesae drop a email for more information. Regards, Manic manic_m@yahoo.com "Don...

office document imaging closes when file menu is clicked
Office Document Imaging closes when file menu is clicked. The other menus work properly. OS xp Pro, Office Professional Edition 2003 It could be the long file name in Recent Documents list. http://www.techtalkz.com/microsoft-office/114686-office-document-imaging-crashing-after-sp3-update-2.html Nokomis Fla wrote: > Office Document Imaging closes when file menu is clicked. The other menus > work properly. OS xp Pro, Office Professional Edition 2003 ...

File too big?
I have an excel file with logins in column A and passwords in column B. Each login is 12 characters and each password is 8 characters. There are 20 thousand logins and passwords ( i.e. 20 thousands rows or 20K rows) Now since 1 character = 1 byte and 1 row consists of 20 characters ( 12+8) the data should be about 20K * 20 = 400 K Even if there is an overhead of say 5 characters in every row the data would be about 20K * 25 = 500K So my file should be around 400 to 500 K in size but its 1,517 KB why? Hi Excel does not store the information that efficient: You assume that it allocates ...

Macro for detect palindromes and repeats in letters/numbers string
Dear all, I am looking to detect palindromes (sentence or number or other sequence of units that can be read the same way in either direction) and repeats (sequences of letters or numbers which are repeating atleast twice within a string) in some strings containing between 20-5000 letters. Has somebody any idea how could I perform that using an Excel macro? I would like that the string to be evaluated could be on cell "A1" and that the detected palindromes and repeats could be listed bellow A2 and C2, respectively; and that the number of times that they appear in the sentence could b...