How to customize the appearance of a multiple document peoject ?

Hi,
How to customize the appearance of a multiple document peoject ? I mean the
color of borders , dockbar areas, toolbar background, etc .

Thanks

0
mnasiri (5)
2/10/2008 12:08:55 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

There is no magic trick for this. You will need to do each individually
unless you go towards themes(whatever limitations it may have).

---
Ajay

"new" <mnasiri@sharif.edu> wrote in message
> Hi,
> How to customize the appearance of a multiple document peoject ? I mean
> the color of borders , dockbar areas, toolbar background, etc .
>
> Thanks

0
ajaykalra (6842)
2/10/2008 2:35:39 PM
Thanks,
I have no problem with menu and statusbar,
The problem is just about the Toolbar area and the Control bars where
toolbars are located.

> There is no magic trick for this. You will need to do each individually
> unless you go towards themes(whatever limitations it may have).
>
> ---
> Ajay
>
> "new" <mnasiri@sharif.edu> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> How to customize the appearance of a multiple document peoject ? I mean
>> the color of borders , dockbar areas, toolbar background, etc .
>>
>> Thanks

0
mnasiri (5)
2/10/2008 3:13:47 PM
> Thanks,
> I have no problem with menu and statusbar,
> The problem is just about the Toolbar area and the Control bars where
> toolbars are located.

You cna do it by making toolbars transparent and handling painting in
dockbar which hosts the toolbar.

---
Ajay

> "Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> There is no magic trick for this. You will need to do each individually
>> unless you go towards themes(whatever limitations it may have).
>>
>> ---
>> Ajay
>>
>> "new" <mnasiri@sharif.edu> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>> How to customize the appearance of a multiple document peoject ? I mean
>>> the color of borders , dockbar areas, toolbar background, etc .
>>>
>>> Thanks

0
ajaykalra (6842)

Inserting transparent gifs into document gives white borders
I have used Photoshop to create pictures which have no background (transparent) so that I can put them into Publisher and would see the background of the Publisher file instead of a big white box. I save them as transparent .gif files and can use them in other software just fine. But when I put them into a Publisher document, the white backgrounds come back. When I insert your built in clip-art, this doesn't happen, so I know it's possible to do what I'm trying. What might I be getting wrong? Have you thought about saving the images as .png? Publisher has a transparency ...

Using Document Hyperlinks in Email Publications
I thought I had read somewhere that you could use hyperlinks to documents in your email publications (where the documents are not saved on a web server). I was under the impression that the documents sort of "upload" and give the reader the option to "open" or "save" them. Is there a trick to doing this, if it is possible at all? Thanks You could "attach" the document to your email. In the body of the email give a statement, i.e., See attached file. Before sending the email, click on the Attach icon on the tool bar at the top which will give y...

How do I do mail merge with 2 2-sided documents per page?
I am trying to merge an excel mailing list with a two sided postcard. I can fit 2 postcards per page (2 fronts on one side and 2 corresponding backs on the other). Prior to doing the mail merge, the print preview looks correct. After the mail merge, the print preview shows only 1 postcard per page. This doubles the amount of paper I will need to use. Does anyone know how to set up publisher to allow me to print 2 postcards, front and back, with mail merge one sheet of printer paper? When you do a mail merge you can only have one card on your screen. If you are using 2007 I would s...

Having 3 .set files with different ISV's and custom form modifications
Currently we have 2 seperate SQL instances for 2 different environments. We want to be able to create one environment that has 3 companies, with one .set file with customizations, and alot of ISV's; one company with customizations and 2 ISV's; and create one new company with a plain vanilla GP only 2 ISV's no customizations; We currently have the 2 instances with the first 2 set up that way and now looking to consolidate into one environment with the company dropdowns together. Will this be a pain to manage or is it even possible?? ...

How to set up multiple users with same email account
I currently have the following set up on my XP Home SP3 using Outlook Express 2 user accounts on XP (mine and my wife's) 3 email accounts - all from one ISP (pop3) - (one for me only, one for my wife only, one for both of us) The address book is shared out to all email accounts. As Outlook Express is not supported in Windows 7 and I am not too keen on Windows Live Mail, I was thinking of moving over to Outlook 2003 (which I also have). Is it possible to set up the same construct I have with OE using Outlook 2003 and how is such a thing possible. I have seen articles ...

multiple payable/purchase daybook
In Belgium we are used to work with daybooks. From the payables/purchase side it is not possible to have more than 1 daybook, because there is only one voucher number series. Anyone knows if there are add ons for this? Other suggestions? Hi pvbe, Thanks for your question. Are you talking about VAT daybook functionality in Belgium? If so, I will continue to offer assistance with setup. Thanks, Jonny --- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "pvbe" wrote: > In Belgium we are used to work with daybooks. > From the payabl...

Why is there a red exclamation point on my word document icons?
All of a sudden I'm getting exclamtion points on the Word document icons. Even the .doc and .docx files. Why is there a red exclamation point on my word document icons? On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 11:19:02 -0800, roadtrpn <roadtrpn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >All of a sudden I'm getting exclamtion points on the Word document icons. >Even the .doc and .docx files. Why is there a red exclamation point on my >word document icons? That isn't something Word does. Do you use an online backup service, such as Mozy? If so, that icon could mark files that ...

Custom Toolbar Button Question
Hello , I have a GP 9 and I would like to create a custom toolbar button that executes some Dex code. I need to be able to access the data on the current form because I want to invoke an a third party api using some of the field values as variables to pass into the third party api as parameters. I have the dex code for the third party api working fine but I was wondering if someone could point me to a sample. What content objects are available? Thanks, gsvi HI, I have done this before and once you master the concept it's not too hard. It is very close to implementing menu command...

Countif accross multiple questions.
Hi folks, I know this has been asked and answered, but I could not get it working. I thought I would ask my specific problem. I have a excel spreadsheet with a detail sheet containing columns. One column is Inventoried whose values are TRUE or FALSE. Another column is PRICE which could be 0 or any number like 5.35. In anoher sheet I want a summary. I have one cell that is inventoried (=COUNTIF('INVENTORY'!E:E,"TRUE" I need another Cell that will be Unpriced inventory which is the number if Inventoried = 'TRUE' and price = 0. I tried the sumproduct but keep get...

Add Custom Activity Type
I have been asked to add a custom actiivity type to the activities entity called Site Visits. Can I get some direction as to how to do this? Afraid, you can't add custom activity types. You can create the entity, but it will behave like any other and does not integrate into the activity views and activity dialogs. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup ---------------------------------------------------------- "Swamy&qu...

Unable to create custom keyboard shortcut
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I get to where you are able to create a custom keyboard shortcut. But when I select my command &quot;NextChangeorComment&quot; and select the &quot;Press new keyboard shortcut&quot; field, nothing happens. No text shows up in the field, nor does the &quot;Assign&quot; button become selectable. Since you don't specifically say that you did so, once you click in the field you need to press the actual key combination you want to assign to the command. If you did so but nothing displayed in the field it&#...

custom color palette does not get transferred with the workbook. Excel 2003
Scenario:We use a custom color palette with predefined company colors, and excel 2003. Default workbook has also been modified to replicate colors to new workbooks - located at %userprofile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART\workbook.xls NOw the problem: When users create a workbook based in the default and email it to outside users who does not have the custom color palette defined as default, the colors change - custom palette disappears and workbook shows excel default colors,sometimes making the document very difficult to read. Also, if we email the document back to the origina...

problems with document converted back to publisher 2000
I am trying to send a flyer that was created in publisher 2003 to a client - she requested that I convert it to Publisher 2000. I went in and saved it as a new document in the 2000 format, but when trying to email it as an attachment to her it stalls in my outbox and will not send. Any ideas? Lynette The file is probably too big. Try sending it thru yousendit.com. It's a free service. Warn her about the size. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Lyn11vw" <Lyn11vw@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Custom Controls 04-27-04
I am looking for a set of custom controls that exhibit similar behaivour to existing MSCRM controls. We are going to develop an add-on; it will have a set of pages that will extend the functionality. Any pointers would be appreciated. I seem to remember Gary on this group mentioning he had developed a set of controls. You might want to contact him. "D Bolak" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8BA4CB4C-836F-4AA7-AAAA-C5ADA7C9CAA7@microsoft.com... > I am looking for a set of custom controls that exhibit similar behaivour to existing MSCRM controls. ...

how do i delete a file from recent documents file in excel
can anyone help how do i delete a heading from recent documents file i have deleted figures from actual page but cannot get heading to go iknow how to do with xp but not with vista many thanks XP and Vista are MS Operating Systems. This is an MS Office Excel news group. Are you sure you want to be here? If you mean the recently used file list in Excel 2007 Office Button>Excel Options>Advanced>Display Change Show recent documents list to 0 and OK All recent documents are gone. Go back in and change back to whatever you want. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 6 Mar 2009 08:...

Frequent file corruption in the documents and setting area
Since a month or so, I have frequent messages 'corrupted file, run chkdsk' after booting. The files concerned are ALWAYS in the 'documents and setting' directory, often temp files, or Norton 360 files. I am quite positive that the disk itself is sane (only 1 raw sector is reallocated in SMART). Any idea from what area could the problem come ? I do have units up to K (2 physical units), and only this directory ever get corrupted on G (system XP pro) Thanks -- Jean Paulo "Jean-Paulo" <jean.paulo@free.fr> responded in News item ...

Custom Button Pictures
Can you add/delete/alter the default pictures for custom buttons? When you right click a custom button and rollover "Change Button Image" there is a list of 42 pictures you can choose from. I made some custom pictures using Edit Button Image, and would like to incorporate these new pictures into that list. Sloth, I am not aware of a way to customize that list of images. What you might do is create a new toolbar and copy the new images to buttons on the new toolbar. The new TB would then become your resource for the images. Jim Cone San Francisco, USA http://www.realezsites....

Opening file from an item loses Word document properties
Hello, I have just discovered that when you double-click a Word file attached to an appointment item (although I imagine it will be the same for other items too), Outlook does not open the actual file, but takes a copy and puts it in the temp folder and opens that. This is a pain as it mucks up some of the automation coding I have done, but what's worse is that the copy doesn't seem to have the custom properties I have set. Is there any way of forcing Outlook to open the original, instead of a copy? Failing that, any ideas why the custom document property would have been lost...

Change the default for customer look up to be by name
It would be helpful to have the DEFAULT (or option to make it the default) for Customer ID Search to search by Customer Name, not ID number. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us...

My Documents include Excel & Word
I would prefer to have separate folders for Excel & Word. Is this possible, advisable or not advisable & how do I do this? -- Sadie Hi Sadie, Create 2 different folders like Excel and Word under My Documents and make these folders as default file locations. In Excel: Tools – Options – Default File Location. In Word: Tools – Options – File Locations – Documents. All your future files will by default go to these folders. Segregate your present files by clicking File Type in Windows Explorer and put into the appropriate folders. Regards, Jaleel "Sadie" wrote: &g...

Import Customization Error 06-30-06
Hi, I made customization in testing environment and i want migrate customization to product environment. Production CRM is running without problem. When I import customization of Opportunity, import end with error message A SQL Server error occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator. I' running on English version CRM professional and SQL Server 2005 std eng. Event log is empty, any information about this error. In web.config I set DevErrors to On, but error is the same. How can i find source of this error? Thanx for reply Josef I used to have this one time. Try ...

Allow customization of relationship view columns in the account
When viewing the "Relationships" section for an account, we cannot change the columns displayed in customizing and are limited to Party 1 Role 1 Party 2 Role 2 which is very limiting. It would be usefult to be able to add additional columns to better descripe the relationships based on fields maintained in the account or contact record. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follo...

syncing multiple handhelds to the same profile
I am trying to sync two handhelds to outlook for two different people and can't make it work. You know, we could spend a few mails back and forth asking questions that you should have included in your original post (version of Outlook, PDA brand, version of Activesync, Pocket PC or Palm OS version, and Chapura Intellimirror) but it is a nice day outside so I think I will go play instead. I will be a lot happier. You can repost this question in the microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync (if it is a PPC) and include the above information. Folks there are less tolerant than we are here i...

CRM toolbar is not visible in an Outlook custom contact form
Greetings, We have a client using a Custom Outlook Contact Form and when they open the form, the CRM toolbar is not visible nor does it appear that it can be added via View.Toolbars. Does anyone know a way to add the CRM toolbar to a custom Outlook Contact form so that we can use the Track in CRM and Set Parent functionality on a contact. This is for Office 2003 SP2. Jack Bender ...

OWA and multiple Exchange Servers
Hi, I'll first sketch my situation: 3 Exchange-servers (exch1,2 and 3), all in the same domain but on differtent locations. Local Domain Name is clientname.local. On one of the servers OWA is configured. Problem: I want all users to use exch1 as their OWA server, regardless of on wich server they actually have their mailbox. It works fine now for users on exch1.clientname.local (wich also has an external DSN entry on the internet (https://companyname.nl/exchange)), but as soon as users that exist on any of the other servers try to log in they get redirect to eg. http://exch2.clientname....