How to create treeview active control as another activex control's child?

I want to create an activex control who will wrap a treeview active
control but has some its own logic. I don't know how to create it and
how to set its position and size. say,if I want my active control's
size is the same as the treeview active control. Any idea ?
Thanks

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Read Only error when completing activities in SFO
When I close an activity in SFO and mark it as complete I receive a warning dialog that states that the record in CRM is read only and it will not be updated. How can I get the record to update properly in CRM when I mark it as complete in SFO? ...

Do MFC ActiveX Controls have dual interfaces?
Do MFC ActiveX Controls have dual interfaces? Kurt ...

Disabling / enabling entire menu and toolbar if child window open and has focus
Greetings, I have an MFC app within which a user can choose to go to the company's web site. If they select this from the menu, a CMDIChildWnd is created containing a CHtmlView. I need to have it so when this window is opened, all the menus are disabled and the toolbar is disabled. Also, when the window loses / gets focus, the menus are disabled / enabled respectively. Is there an easy way of doing this? How might I go about it? Thanks for your help! ~simon You can't disable *all* the menu items typically, because you want File>Exit, Help>About, other Help items, etc. en...

Master/content pages: prob with passing a control to JS

Creating PivotTable in Excel2007
How do you create a Pivot Table in Compatibility Mode in Excel 2007. The PivotTable need to be refreshed in Excel 2003. ...

SBS Exchange 2003: Create new user in AD but no exchange mailbox #3
I'm using SBS 2003. Exchange server is SP2. When I create a new user using Active Directory, it prompts me about creating a mail box. It says it's creating a mailbox, then it's done. But no mailbox appears. In fact, if I use the Exchange tasks wizard, I can create, delete, and recreate the mailbox--all say successful without an error message. And yet, no mailbox. This is even after I reboot the PC and sent email to the address. Any ideas what's going on? mike.aes@gmail.com wrote: > I'm using SBS 2003. Exchange server is SP2. > > When I create a new user ...

Mail deliver to another similar domain
Hi there, I am running Exchange 2000 on my Windows 2000 server for my domain (say "ross.com"). On Internet, there is another similar domain name called "russ.com" owned by another one who is a home business owner. The problem is: Many of my customers sometimes intend to send emails to my company at someone@ross.com, but by mis-typing, they actually send to someone@russ.com. Unfortunately, the russ.com domain does have a email server, and my customers (or potential) can't realize their emails won't deliver to me. On the other hand, inside of my network, some of my em...

Copying inbox from one account to another on exchange 2003
Hi I need to copy the inbox of user from one account to another account. Is there a way to do that? I tried copying to the public folder then copying from public to new account - but the dates changed to todays date for all emails! Any thoughts? Use PSTs. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Ali" <Ali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B67F087A-39D7-4DBA-947D-F20F63574952@microsoft.com... > Hi > I need to copy the inbox of user from one account to another account. Is > t...

OL2007+Exchange: Sent items disappear if i move them to another folder...!
I'm seeing a very strange issue with my Outlook2007 (against Exchange)... Sent items disappear if i move them to another folder...! Steps: 1. Send an email. Sent email gets saved under Outlook's default "Mailbox\SentItems" folder. 2. Go to that SentItems folder, and move the mail to another folder (let's say "Foobar") under your inbox. 3. Go to "Foobar", make sure mail is still there. 4. Let Outlook Sync up with Exchange server (or hit "Send and Receive"). 5. You will notice that the mail disappears... ! I did a full text search in my ...

Activity Attributes
I am trying to write a report through crystal reports linking activities with particular orders. Is there a way to open up activity forms for modification so that I can see the schema names of certain fields. Most are self-explanatory but there are a few that are not. Please advise. no you cannot do this. Exactly what fields are causing you problems? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us <dkoleno@cancerconsultantsinc.com> wrote in message news:09b601c50eee$6e9570e0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to write a report through crystal reports > li...

ActiveX looking differently in test container and Excel
Hi, I developed a test ActiveX. When I run it into VC6 test container tool, it's all right: its content is painted into the bounding box of the ActiveX. Instead, when I run it into Excel, its content is painted into a new window. This is a 3D rendering window, created by Coin3D library. It's managed by a class called SoWinExaminerViewer. The class ctor wants a HWND as a "parent window" (e.g. a static control in a dialog box, etc.). As parent window, I use in my code the m_hWnd member of the ActiveX. It is OK when the ActiveX is run into VC6 test container, but a new wind...

How do you import data from one Excel document to another?
Hey everyone, I work at a school and I'm trying to update their attendance reports from hand written to excel, but I'm running into several problems. For one, I need it to be able to calculate how many "Ab"s (absents) there are in the worksheet (for the individual student's attendance page). And THEN, I need to have the sum show up on a completely new document (for the overall attendance report). Is that possible? I've fooled around with data importing and several other things, but I'm just too new at this. If what I'm asking is possible, can anyone he...

List details in another sheet
Hi, I have a sheet "Data" with transactions by customer. Column A has the Customer ID. In another sheet called "By Customer", the user selects from a drop down a Customer ID, and clicks a button. What I want for this button is to run a macro to get in a 3rd sheet, "Transactions", columns B, C, D and E from the Data sheet, for the selected customer ID. Is that possible? Can somebody help? Thanks, Cecilia Use VLOOKUP http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-vlookup-formula.htm -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Chechu" <cecichi9@hotma...

Which Controls to Build a Parent/Child Web Form
Hi there, I'm quite new to asp.net, but know exactly how to do this using classic ASP, but would like some pointers for aspnet2. I've got data being returned from an SP which looks like this: HeaderItem ChildItem A A1 A A2 A A3 B B1 etc I want to display the data like this A - This is the header record A1 A2 A3 B - Header 2 B1 etc. In classic ASP I'd write out my header row html when HeaderItem changes value and then write the Child Rows. As I've on...

Problems shelling another application
I am not sure what is going on with this so I am not sure what to ask. I'll just share my experience and maybe somebody can point out what I am doing wrong. I am attempting to launch another application from my VB app. The code to launch the other app is just a simple shell call (lngProcID = Shell(strAppPath)). The call to Shell does return a value but the app does not appear to have been started (does not show up visually and is not in task manager). Using the value held in strAppPath in the Run dialog (Start->Run) starts the app just fine. I figure this has to be some ...

Runtime Control Addition
Hello everybody, I was searching the net for any resource that helps me on the subject of Adding Controls at runtime into a MFC application. I also wanted to handle the messages as well. Please help me on the subject with any tips or resources you know. Thank you so much. Shervin Hello Shervin, > Hello everybody, > > I was searching the net for any resource that helps me on the subject > of > Adding Controls at runtime into a MFC application. I also wanted to > handle > the messages as well. > Please help me on the subject with any tips or resources you know. >...

Creating a form or template
We scanned in an image of a post it note that has graphics on it. It is a jpg file. Can we somehow make this jpg file a form or template in Outlook? Ideally, we want to pull up a form that looks like the image of a post it note with the graphics in tact and be able to compose a message on the email post it note. How do you accomplish this? Thanks! ...

Button Control Event: question
I have a small dialog that prints data it queries from a server to a listbox when a user presses a start button. What I'd like to do is to have the data continually print after the button is pressed until the user presses a stop button. So, I guess I would need to initiate some kind of continuous loop for the data querying/printing, but I'm unsure how to get the stop button to break the loop. If this even the best solution. Does anyone have any ideas of how I could accomplish this, or perhaps a better design idea? Thanks, Marcus Marcus wrote: > I have a small dialog that prints d...

Could Microsoft create a MSPOS user manual?
My customers are asking for one. Guess we were spoiled by RMS Store Operations having one available after Microsoft updated the SMS Commerce manuals. Makes me expect one for MSPOS even though most software no longer has printed manuals. -- Jeff Faul Merchants Solutions ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and t...

Viewing xml created in .Net in a ASP form VB6
I have been trying to create an xml document in VB.Net for displaying on an existing page written in ASP. im having a type mismatch error in my code. When i view my XML i have the following included in the <binary> node. <Binary xmlns:dt="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes" dt:dt="bin.base64">DATA HERE </Binary My issue is how do i set the datatype of the the node using dotnet so that i can replicate the same node structure and use my existing ASP page. thanks in advance Colin Graham ...

How do you replace old data with new data without creating a new .
I have existing pivot tables and I want to replace the data source worksheet with new data and the pivot tables update with the new information. I have replace the data source but the pivot tables didn't update. Hit the "Refresh Data" in the pivot table toolbar (looks like an exclamation point) -- Regards, Dave "Dena" wrote: > I have existing pivot tables and I want to replace the data source worksheet > with new data and the pivot tables update with the new information. I have > replace the data source but the pivot tables didn't update. So...

macro-import another xls file
Hi, i need a macro to import another xls file.When i run macro i need a window to appear and to browse to the file i need to import. I allways open another file, so i want to browse for the file. Can this be done? Thanks! Try some code like the following: Sub AAA() Dim FName As Variant Dim Filter As String ' Excel 2003 workbooks Filter = "Excel Files (*.xls),*.xls" ' Excel 2007 workbooks workbooks Filter = "Excel Files (*.xlsx;*.xlsm;*.xlsb),*.xlsx;*.xlsm;*.xlsb" ' Excel 2003 and 2007 Filter = "Excel Files (*.xls;*.xlsx;*.xlsm;*.xlsb),*...

Is Auto Expansion (i.e., wrap text) of a cell possible when the cell's contents are based on another cell?
I am trying to display the results from one tab (Tab 1) in another (Tab 2). So, for example, tab 2 contains the formula "=Tab1!A2". However, when the results are too large to fit the cell in tab 2 (i.e., the cell that contains a formula that draws from a cell in tab 1), the wrap text feature does not work unless i first double click in the cell in tab 2. Is there any way around this? Can the wrap text feature work automatically somehow? Or will i need to double click in every cell that contains text that doesn't fit into the cell. Thanks for any suggestions, or VBA code, th...

how do I "point" to another global.mpt file in MS Project 2007?
we created a number of filters and maps in Project 2003. Can I point my Project 2007 to that existing Global.mpt file referenced by Organizer? Hi, You can only select the Global.mpt when you startup Project. The surest method is to start Project by double-clicking the Global.mpt icon itself Proejct will tell you (twice!!) that you cannot open a Global.mpt but by replying OK twice Project is open with the right global. Another way, without useless warning messages is to open Project by double-clicking an .mpp file stored IN THE EXACT SAME FOLDER as the desired global. ...

Hyperlink in my Dialog control
I want my text in a dialog control to behave like a hyperlink in a web page. Is it possible and how(VC 6.0) Thanks I. Lesher http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/hyperlink.asp Here are some examples: http://www.codeguru.com/staticctrl/HyperlinkStatic.html http://www.codeproject.com/staticctrl/cmyhyperlink.asp http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/01/c/default.aspx (look for CStaticLink) -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Lesher" <Lesher@triplebit.com> wrote in message news:uRDIoju#DHA.808@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... | I want my text in a dialog contr...