How to create a simple http request

I am really sorry if this is not the right place, or my question is too
simple; I am not a C++ developer (last time I coded in c++ was 5 years ago
:-),
-I want to write an ISAPI filter for IIS6, and need to build an http request
with a fixed URI (I send my requests to Tomcat), and then read the response
back (it will be XML formated).

So I need someone to guide me what I should use (I guess in MFC, using
CInternetSession and CHTTPConnection) , and since it's ISAPI filter, I
believe it has to in unmanaged C/C++, but I don't know how to do it!
please... some code samples will REEEEEALLY help.
*Eagerly waiting for your answers. Thanks

0
Mike002 (5)
2/17/2007 9:32:00 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

The following is what worked for me few years ago...

Create CInternetSession
Use the session to get CHttpConnection
Call CHttpConnection::OpenRequest() to get CHttpFile
Use CHttpFile::SendRequest()
Use CHttpFile::QueryInfoStatusCode()

If everything goes well, use CHttpFile::Read() to see if response contains
"ERROR:"

And do not forget to catch CInternetException* and check ::GetLastError() if
needed.

Bogdan

"Mike002" <Mike002@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am really sorry if this is not the right place, or my question is too
> simple; I am not a C++ developer (last time I coded in c++ was 5 years ago
> :-),
> -I want to write an ISAPI filter for IIS6, and need to build an http
> request
> with a fixed URI (I send my requests to Tomcat), and then read the
> response
> back (it will be XML formated).
>
> So I need someone to guide me what I should use (I guess in MFC, using
> CInternetSession and CHTTPConnection) , and since it's ISAPI filter, I
> believe it has to in unmanaged C/C++, but I don't know how to do it!
> please... some code samples will REEEEEALLY help.
> *Eagerly waiting for your answers. Thanks

0
bogdan2033 (22)
2/18/2007 3:07:17 AM
Forgot to add in my previous response...

You should write the filter using a CHttpFilter derived class.  I have never
written a filter but I have written few ISAPI extensions in the past.  Both
filters and extensions are part of ISAPI which is well documented in on-line
docs (at least it used to be when I worked with this sutff).  MS provides
(or at least used to provide) project templates for ISAPI
filters/extensions.

To parse XML returned from Tomcat you might want to use SAX
(ISAXContentHandler) or DOM (e.g. MSXML2::IXMLDOMDocument2Ptr).

Bogdan

"Mike002" <Mike002@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am really sorry if this is not the right place, or my question is too
> simple; I am not a C++ developer (last time I coded in c++ was 5 years ago
> :-),
> -I want to write an ISAPI filter for IIS6, and need to build an http
> request
> with a fixed URI (I send my requests to Tomcat), and then read the
> response
> back (it will be XML formated).
>
> So I need someone to guide me what I should use (I guess in MFC, using
> CInternetSession and CHTTPConnection) , and since it's ISAPI filter, I
> believe it has to in unmanaged C/C++, but I don't know how to do it!
> please... some code samples will REEEEEALLY help.
> *Eagerly waiting for your answers. Thanks

0
bogdan2033 (22)
2/18/2007 3:19:14 AM
bogdan, Thanks a lot for your reply!

To be honest, I tried to write some code according to the steps you mentioned,
but I got errors like "debug assertion failed"... line 27

I would really appreciate it If I can get more complete code.
Thanks!

"bogdan" wrote:

> The following is what worked for me few years ago...
>
> Create CInternetSession
> Use the session to get CHttpConnection
> Call CHttpConnection::OpenRequest() to get CHttpFile
> Use CHttpFile::SendRequest()
> Use CHttpFile::QueryInfoStatusCode()
>
> If everything goes well, use CHttpFile::Read() to see if response contains
> "ERROR:"
>
> And do not forget to catch CInternetException* and check ::GetLastError() if
> needed.
>
> Bogdan

0
Mike002 (5)
2/18/2007 3:23:05 AM
For ISAPI filter stuff, I am using this link,; because it's exactly what I
want
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/iissdk/html/636c6a84-cda4-4f2f-a9a8-fabea840a394.asp

but I am stuck with creating a request from the filter to Tomcat .

Thanks again!

"bogdan" wrote:

> Forgot to add in my previous response...
>
> You should write the filter using a CHttpFilter derived class.  I have never
> written a filter but I have written few ISAPI extensions in the past.  Both
> filters and extensions are part of ISAPI which is well documented in on-line
> docs (at least it used to be when I worked with this sutff).  MS provides
> (or at least used to provide) project templates for ISAPI
> filters/extensions.
>
> To parse XML returned from Tomcat you might want to use SAX
> (ISAXContentHandler) or DOM (e.g. MSXML2::IXMLDOMDocument2Ptr).
>
> Bogdan

0
Mike002 (5)
2/18/2007 3:44:05 AM
You are trying to use a pure SDK to create a filter.  If you a basic
understanding of MFC then I'd suggest you use the framework instead.  The
app wizard will create a project for you and export all the necessary
functions.  It'll also provide you with ready to use C++ classes that
encapsulate http related stuff.  Look at "Creating a Typical ISAPI Filter"
at http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ak3th3et(VS.80).aspx.    I think
that MFC simplifies a lot of things in this case.  The only thing you need
to do is fill in the blanks.  And most of all, you'll not have to fight
build related problems (at least not initially).

If you stay with SDK then you need to make sure that you have the most
recent SDK downloaded end your build environment setup properly.  The
example that you referred to should come with solution and project files
ready to use.  Make sure to download the whole thing.

> For ISAPI filter stuff, I am using this link,; because it's exactly what I
> want:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/iissdk/html/636c6a84-cda4-4f2f-a9a8-fabea840a394.asp
>
> but I am stuck with creating a request from the filter to Tomcat .
>
> Thanks again!
>
> "bogdan" wrote:
>
>> Forgot to add in my previous response...
>>
>> You should write the filter using a CHttpFilter derived class.  I have
>> never
>> written a filter but I have written few ISAPI extensions in the past.
>> Both
>> filters and extensions are part of ISAPI which is well documented in
>> on-line
>> docs (at least it used to be when I worked with this sutff).  MS provides
>> (or at least used to provide) project templates for ISAPI
>> filters/extensions.
>>
>> To parse XML returned from Tomcat you might want to use SAX
>> (ISAXContentHandler) or DOM (e.g. MSXML2::IXMLDOMDocument2Ptr).
>>
>> Bogdan

0
bogdan2033 (22)
2/18/2007 2:13:42 PM
Bogdan,
I really appreciate your help, hopefully we can get to the end :-)
I've read the topic you mentioned.

Now, regarding your advice, I tried to find the wizard template you were
talking about in VC2005, but  I couldn't. So, I did some search and found
this link:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910382

What do you think?

"bogdan" wrote:

> You are trying to use a pure SDK to create a filter.  If you a basic
> understanding of MFC then I'd suggest you use the framework instead.  The
> app wizard will create a project for you and export all the necessary
> functions.  It'll also provide you with ready to use C++ classes that
> encapsulate http related stuff.  Look at "Creating a Typical ISAPI Filter"
> at http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ak3th3et(VS.80).aspx.    I think
> that MFC simplifies a lot of things in this case.  The only thing you need
> to do is fill in the blanks.  And most of all, you'll not have to fight
> build related problems (at least not initially).
>
> If you stay with SDK then you need to make sure that you have the most
> recent SDK downloaded end your build environment setup properly.  The
> example that you referred to should come with solution and project files
> ready to use.  Make sure to download the whole thing.
>
> Bogdan

0
Mike002 (5)
2/18/2007 4:32:08 PM
I think that you should take MS' recommendation seriously and go with IIS
SDK (which is what you started with in the first place).  I didn't even
realise that the ISAPI templates were removed from VS2005.  Although I'm
currently using 2005 for other projects, I used VS6 to create IIS extensions
few years ago.  I'm quite certain that I used VS2003 to rebuild them at some
point.

The link seems to point to the right stuff.  If you go with SDK then I'd
suggest you do not use MFC at all.  Stay with SDK and [optionally] STL.

> Bogdan,
> I really appreciate your help, hopefully we can get to the end :-)
> I've read the topic you mentioned.
>
> Now, regarding your advice, I tried to find the wizard template you were
> talking about in VC2005, but  I couldn't. So, I did some search and found
> this link:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910382
>
> What do you think?
>
> "bogdan" wrote:
>
>> You are trying to use a pure SDK to create a filter.  If you a basic
>> understanding of MFC then I'd suggest you use the framework instead.  The
>> app wizard will create a project for you and export all the necessary
>> functions.  It'll also provide you with ready to use C++ classes that
>> encapsulate http related stuff.  Look at "Creating a Typical ISAPI
>> Filter"
>> at http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ak3th3et(VS.80).aspx.    I
>> think
>> that MFC simplifies a lot of things in this case.  The only thing you
>> need
>> to do is fill in the blanks.  And most of all, you'll not have to fight
>> build related problems (at least not initially).
>>
>> If you stay with SDK then you need to make sure that you have the most
>> recent SDK downloaded end your build environment setup properly.  The
>> example that you referred to should come with solution and project files
>> ready to use.  Make sure to download the whole thing.
>>
>> Bogdan

0
bogdan2033 (22)
2/18/2007 7:14:21 PM
ok.. to be honest, I've got lost.
as I mentioned, I haven't dealt with C++ stuff for a long time. and now I
have to decide between things I am not "really" familiar with (SDK, framework
SDK, MFC, IIS SDK, STL, ...).

-so, can you help me get some basic understanding about such stuff?
-is there any problems of mixing these in one project? (because I've already
written some code for creating an http request and reading the XML response
using MFC)
- How about creating the project in VC2005, can I choose "MFC DLL", or is
there another template that I have to use without the wizard thing?
- If I don't use MFC for the filter --> I don't need to  derive CHttpFilter,
right?
so, is there another class to use, or just define the two required methods
(getFilterVersion, and httpFilterProc) ?

sorry, I know there are a lot of questions, but I really need your help with
this.
Thanks again!

"bogdan" wrote:

> I think that you should take MS' recommendation seriously and go with IIS
> SDK (which is what you started with in the first place).  I didn't even
> realise that the ISAPI templates were removed from VS2005.  Although I'm
> currently using 2005 for other projects, I used VS6 to create IIS extensions
> few years ago.  I'm quite certain that I used VS2003 to rebuild them at some
> point.
>
> The link seems to point to the right stuff.  If you go with SDK then I'd
> suggest you do not use MFC at all.  Stay with SDK and [optionally] STL.
>
> Bogdan

0
Mike002 (5)
2/18/2007 10:36:41 PM
There is no problem with mixing SDK and MFC.  I do that quite often.  In
your case it all depends on how familiar you are with MFC.  If you are not
familiar with the framework and you think that the SDK filter example does
what you want to do then I'd suggest you stay away from MFC.  But, if you
have already written some MFC-dependant code then stay with it.

ISAPI filters are DLLs so you need to create a DLL project if you are
building it from scratch.  VS2005 has a template for it:
Win32.Win32 Project.  Make sure to select DLL as the application type in
Applications Settings. If you want to use MFC then check off MFC.  If you
want to see how things are exported from DLLs then check off 'Export
symbols'.  You will most likely delete or modify auto-generated code for
exported symbols.

And finally, STL is a standard template library  available with most C++
compilers on different platforms.  So, if you do not use MFC but need
classes like strings, collections, etc. then use STL.  Again, if you are not
familiar with STL then for your particular project it might not be worth
investing the time in learning it.  A standard C library (with strcpy,
memcpy, etc.) might be sufficient.

I'm not much of a help when it comes to ISAPI filters details.  I'd suggest
you create a DLL project (as described above), export necessary functions
(as described in on-line filter development related docs) and then fill in
the blanks with your custom code.

> ok.. to be honest, I've got lost.
> as I mentioned, I haven't dealt with C++ stuff for a long time. and now I
> have to decide between things I am not "really" familiar with (SDK,
> framework
> SDK, MFC, IIS SDK, STL, ...).
>
> -so, can you help me get some basic understanding about such stuff?
> -is there any problems of mixing these in one project? (because I've
> already
> written some code for creating an http request and reading the XML
> response
> using MFC)
> - How about creating the project in VC2005, can I choose "MFC DLL", or is
> there another template that I have to use without the wizard thing?
> - If I don't use MFC for the filter --> I don't need to  derive
> CHttpFilter,
> right?
> so, is there another class to use, or just define the two required methods
> (getFilterVersion, and httpFilterProc) ?
>
> sorry, I know there are a lot of questions, but I really need your help
> with
> this.
> Thanks again!
>
> "bogdan" wrote:
>
>> I think that you should take MS' recommendation seriously and go with IIS
>> SDK (which is what you started with in the first place).  I didn't even
>> realise that the ISAPI templates were removed from VS2005.  Although I'm
>> currently using 2005 for other projects, I used VS6 to create IIS
>> extensions
>> few years ago.  I'm quite certain that I used VS2003 to rebuild them at
>> some
>> point.
>>
>> The link seems to point to the right stuff.  If you go with SDK then I'd
>> suggest you do not use MFC at all.  Stay with SDK and [optionally] STL.
>>
>> Bogdan

0
bogdan2033 (22)

Creating XML element from XPath

Requesting help to generate progress reports in Excel ...
Hi, I am a newbie to Excel and think I have a simple request but do not know how to get started. I would like to request help in generating progress reports for team mates on my "in house league" 8-ball pool team. I have been keeping a tally for the past 9 weeks of each persons wins and losses. I want a pie chart to illustrate their contribution to the team for the past 9 weeks. For example, I would like to see a percentage based on the total number of wins for each person. This percentage is displayed as percent/piece of the pie. Next, I would like to show a bar graph or line cha...

Help correcting HTTP redirect code for OWA Exchange 2K3
Hi, I am using the code from Q article 55126 to redirect incomming http request to https for OWA. I keep getting the error below. Can someone help me with the solution to this. Thanks in advance --mdanny ****** Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0401' Expected end of statement /owa_redirect/owahttps.asp, line 1 If Request.ServerVariables("SERVER_PORT")=80 Then Dim strSecureURL strSecureURL = "https://" strSecureURL = strSecureURL & Request.ServerVariables("SERVER_NAME") strSecureURL = strSecureUR...

Simple question #4
I'm relatively new to Excel and I want to creat a sheet for my expenses where I can enter a number in one column and have it subtracted from the above cell in the next column and so on, all the way down. I can do this by clicking on the bottom left of the cell and dragging it down but would like it to appear automatically. Sorry if that's not very clear. John In B1 enter the inital balance In A2 and on down enter your expenses In B2 enter: =IF(A2="","",B1-A2) and copy on down -- Gary''s Student - gsnu2007g "gtharwood@gmail.com" wrote: >...

Meeting Request #5
I had an unusual request the other day. Is this possible? When setting up a meeting request in Outlook 2003 is there a way to change the word "Required", when adding attendees, to say "Requested"? Thanks in advance, Aaron Neunz No. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Aaron Neunz" <apn@rrbiznet.com> wrote in message news:%23%23juRra%23EHA.1564@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I had an unusual request the ot...

How do I write a response to a request from an xml data island?
I need to know the code I must write to respond xml to a data island as a result from a src request from the data island. Thanks so much Assuming the data island has a src attribute like: "getXML.asp", this ASP page would do it: <%@ language="JScript"%> <% var xmlDoc = new ActiveXObject("MSXML2.DomDocument"); xmlDoc.loadXML("<root>Some XML</root>"); Response.ContentType="text/xml"; xmlDoc.save(Response); %> Regards, Mike Sharp "Nicole Schenk" wrote: > I need to know the code I must write to respond x...

Creating a userform?
I would like to enter data to a speadsheet with a userform. I want enter the data in a form that will automatically insert the data to the correct cells in my spreadsheet. And then allow me to enter new data on the next line below. Is this possible? I have just put up a file for you at:- http://www.pierrefondes.com/ It is item number 42 towards the top of my home page. In here I have tried to explain, as clearly as possible, what you need to do to set up and use a Form in EXCEL 2007. There is a simple worked example for you to work through if you want to. Please d...

Marginal Abatement Cost
I want to create a marginal abatement cost (MAC) column chart in Excel 2003. The data I am using is sorted for cost ($/tonne/year). Then I have a marginal abatement (tonnes of CO2-e) and cumulative marginal abatement (also tonnes of CO2-e). On the x axis I will have cost. The y axis shall be marginal abatement, the width of the columns shall represent the marginal abatement, and their location on the axis will be determined by the cumulative marginal abatement. Since the data is sorted for cost, the chart shall show increasing cost with an increasing cumulative marginal abatement. ...

Help creating a recital program book/several pages w/pictures and
I am creating a recital program book. It will be a 8 1/2 x 11 book with pictures, text and advertising and it will be in color. Over the years others who have created this book have just simply used the "publications for print" and other sources and the book hasn't been all that great (only the pub for print pages were good). Since I will be working on it, I want it to be great! I was assuming when I began this project that there was something already set up to help me create a multi-page book, but I am not finding it. I need something that I can create simil...

Add previously created pages to book template
Is there a way to insert complete pages that was created in puplisher into a new template? Thanks With both files opened (two runnings of Publisher) you could copy/paste from one to the other. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Chatterless" <Chatterless@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BB18D39-B470-468A-82E6-38DB433D835A@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to insert complete pages that was created in puplisher into > a > new template? > > Thanks ...

Money can't open this file because it was created using a differen
my (backup and money 2002 edition) files wont open in my newly installed 2006 edition (Premium). I tryies to convert it but it fails. When I open the fine, I receive the message below: Money can't open this file because it was created using a different version of Money I do not have the Money 2002 CDRom anymore but I do need to open my money file to review accounting. Any help is welcome In microsoft.public.money, Jehan wrote: >my (backup and money 2002 edition) files wont open in my newly installed >2006 edition (Premium). I tryies to convert it but it fails. >When I open t...

Outlook 2000 crashes on meeting request attendee availability
Hi, I'm having an ongoing problem with Outlook 2000 SP-3 on Win XP Professional SP-2, which our help desk have not been able to sort for me. When I open a meeting request, put in the name of the attendee(s) and click on availability Outlook crashes with the message that it has encountered a problem. The error signature for this failure is: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.6604 ModName: outllib.dll ModVer: 9.0.0.8508 Offset: 000212d5 I've Googled the error signature, but there's nothing that exactly matches this, and the closest posting on the Microsoft site describes a differ...

Create a template
I am trying to create a template which includes a verticle line inserted along the left margin on each page as the document increases in the number of pages. Using borders doesn't work, at least not that I know of. The line must extend from the bottom of the header to the top of the footer and be capped by a 1/2" line extending to the right from the top of the line. It must appear on each page of the document. You can anchor drawing lines to the header; see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/AnchorToHeader.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words i...

It it possible to create a database in Access for this:
Hi, Im trying to create a database, but not having much luck. Im new to MS Access. I would like to use a switchboard that people open - it will be used by at least 6 people - so when they open it they have 3 or 4 options to choose from - nice a simple - not confusing for anyone on where to go or what to do. On that i was going to add a form to fill in details on clients. Then from the information that is added in that goes to a table. Such as Name, Number, DOB, location will be filled out for each client. Under that - 10 drop down menus to click on different jobs. Each job goes into a sep...

How to create xml elements with special chars
Hi, newbie that i am in .Net, i'm trying to add "D/T" as a new element in C# : XmlElement elemAttr = (XmlElement)m_xmlDoc.AppendChild(m_xmlDoc.CreateElement("D/T" ) ); but the framework throws an XmlException ... how do i overcome this ? do i have to parse the string for special chars myself ? please advise, thanks , nim_co. *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! I don't think that you can. The XML standard limits the characters you can use (http://www.w3.org/TR/xml11/#dt-elem...

Create an owner drawn ListBox
Hi everybody, i have a problem creating a owner drawn ListBox. I need a ListBox that accepts graphic icons (.ico) files between the text (e.g. some text [myIcon.ico] more text and then another icon [myIcon.ico] and some text ) So i I am assuming that this is only possible creating a owner drawn ListBox. I'm a beginner, so an simple example would be nice. Thanks in advance, Gladys You might want to look at this http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/vasu/OwnerDrawListBoxWithIcons11212= 005071009AM/OwnerDrawListBoxWithIcons.aspx and http://www.devx.com/d...

Cannot see neither access newly created mailboxes
Hi, I have Exchange 2000 server installed on my Windows 2000 Server backup domain controller. Recently I had a problem with active directory synchronization, and with some viruses too but I (thought I) was able to resolve it. Now all seems to work fine but after creating successfully new mailbox enabled user in ADUC, I can't see the newly created mailbox in Exchange System Manager, but it can be found by using find in ADUC (Find->Exchange->"Show only Exchange Recipients", "Users with exchange mailbox"). Trying to access the mailbox using Outlook I get (clicking ...

Vbscript to create sites on a windows 2008 DC
Hello, I am trying to use this script provided by MS to create a site on my windows 2008 DC: However, it does not work. I get an error saying:There is a naming violation for line: Set objSite = objSitesContainer.Create("site", strSiteRDN) objSite.SetInfo Here is the script. Is it not intended to work in windows 2008? Thanks! strSiteRDN = "cn=Ga-Atl-Sales" strSiteLinkRDN = "cn=DEFAULTIPSITELINK" strSiteLinkType = "IP" Const ADS_PROPERTY_APPEND = 3 Set objRootDSE = GetObject("LDAP://RootDSE...

help with coding
Hi All, I have been doing some search on this topic and require some coding help. I want to create a login form which checks for username, pwd and securitylevel and accordingly give access to certain queries , forms and reports. I do not want to use the Access user level security wizard and want to create a separate security module. I have come across this code posted by Klatuu which is probably the solution i am looking for. Public Function SetSecurityProp(UserInitials As String, SecurityLevel As Integer) As Boolean Dim prp As Property Const conPropNotFound As Integer = 3270 ...

Can I create a report from this without a macro?
(XL2007) My data is presented in 5-row groups. Cols A, B, and C have my identifiers; col AU has a text value I need to include. Headers in row 9; cells in cols A, B and C are merged in groups of five (A10:A14 merged, A15:19 merged, etc, and same for B and C); in the Name Box, though, data in the A10:A14 merged group shows up as A10. Col A is the major group, col B is the sub-group, and col C is the ID number of the sub-group. What I would like is something like a pivot table. I tried that, though, and XL told me I didn't have a valid range, or valid headers, or something like that. ...

Add Requested Ship Date to Allocations_Scroll window
Hi- Would someone please tell me how to replace add SOP_LINE_WORK 'Requested Ship Date' to teh Allocations_Scroll windows? I added a 'Requested Ship Date' to the ivItemAllocationInquiryTemp table. What else should I do? Thanks for any help- Roxy ...

Exchange + POP3 or HTTP send doesn't work
I have Outlook 2003 set up to an Exchange server for work e-mail. I am trying to set up second account in OL for personal e-mail, either POP3 or HTTP. When I add the second account, I cannot send e-mail through either account. I can receive mail fine, but messages I send just go to my Outbox and stay there forever. I have tried everything I can think of in the send/receive settings, but nothing works. I have set up separate groups for each account and one group for both accounts. I have the "send immediately when connected" option checked. I am not working offline. As soon as...

removing password request
When using Outlook 2007 with exchange 2007 is there a way when using RPC over http is there a way to not have to keep entering the password. Even though it says to save the password it keeps asking for it everytime you open up Outlook Ensure that the workstation is a domain member and the user is logged on to the domain. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. <rmwatrich@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:A5FAC68B-CF9C-45D4-9E53-6AB645C8C33A@microsoft.com... > When using Outlook 2007 with exchange ...

Excel 2003: Creating a dashboard and smaller charts get squished
Hi- I'm creating a dashboard with some large and small line charts using the "Camera" functionality. The display looks great, but when I click Print Preview or Print, the chart area on the smaller charts gets squished and unreadable. I have to exit without saving in order for the charts areas to be viewable. Any suggestions? Hi, As with any graphic, if you make it too small the print preview screen may not be able to display it properly, and for you printer the print drivers and maximum resolution will effect the printout. I made a small Camera tool chart and in print...

New here. A simple (?) question
Recently trashed my old computer (Win98) and now have WinXP. Same cable internet connection: Cox. Current version of OE: 6.00xxx Here is my one and only problem/question (with newsgroups) since I changed computers.... When I go to a Newsgroup and open a message, I always get window that says I must click on a link to download (open/view) it. Is there not an option somewhere which will download, and open, ALL messages in a selected OE NG? DH Go to your newsreader (Outlook Express) and set up your news server. One way is to go to Outlook Express\Tools\Accounts\News\Add and foll...