How to create a scrollable dialog box ?

Hi
I've created a dialog resource (it uses CDialog as the base class) that is
longer than the height on the screen (this is for WinCE, but the question
still applies to desktop windows).

I want the user to be able to scroll down the dialog filling in data in
editbox's as they go.

How do I get the dialog to be scrollable (i.e. a scroll bar at the right
hand side that works as a CScrollView would).

In eVC++ (and in VC6 also) there is a box to tick of a vertical scrollbar
(in the resource
editor) but the scroll bar seems to be disabled at run time. Are there some
window messages that i should have handlers for, and if so what should I do
in the handlers ?  Any mini code examples/snippets ?

I thought the answer might be to have the base class as a CFormView instead
of a CDialog, but then I wasn't sure how to create instance of that class
(its not my main window) ? When I search the web about this it all seemed to
be linked to doc/view, I don't really  need the doc part of it.

Any pointers welcome.
thanks
dom

0
dcurran99 (1)
8/3/2003 7:10:37 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

recovery and posting of image in a picture box
Hello, I am programming a software of super resolution or I must recover the images starting from a webcam. but I am confronted with several problems. First of all, I use the bookshop vfw and I do not manage to recover the buffer of the image to pass it under another structure (my calculations of super resolution are done with OpenCV). I know that OpenCV can also manage the camera but I do not want all to reprogram not to use vfw any more. The fact of passing by bitmap does not try me too much. and I think that it must y have a means simple to recover the pixels thanks to the function capGrab...

Line between dialogs
Hello, I am creating modeless dialogs on a modal dialog, by using : CLittleDialog *og = new CLittleDialog(); og->Create(IDD_LITTLEDIALOG,this); og->SetWindowText("HELLO"); og->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); each time I click on a button of the modal dialog, and it works perfectly (the little dialogs appear). What I would like to know is : 1) How can I prevent somebody to move them outside of the modal dialog (I just want to make possible that the dialogs are moved on the surface of the modal dialog) ? 2) I would like to allow the user to link two of those little dialogs ...

Create Folders and Write To Hard Disk Other than C:
My app can generate many gigabytes of data files (several megabytes each) per the user choice. For those who wonder, this happens over many hours and or days. I am making XP and up a requirement for using the app. So, for XP and up how do I do the following: (1)Set permissions on a different hard drive (other than C:) to read, write and delete data files. (a)for this user (b)for all users (common data). (2)Create a folder (assumes this is different than "normal"). I may be totally wrong, but I assume that reading, writing and deleting the file in this fo...

How to create chart with 1 column and 3 lines
IF This type of chart not in Standarad or Custom Types. THANK YOU Hi, Start by creating a standard column chart. Now select 1 of the column series that you want as a line. Right click and chose Chart Types. Select Line chart. That should have now changed the data series to a line. Select another column and this time press F4, which will repeat the last action. Repeat for the final series. Or maybe its easier to create a line chart of all 4 and the change 1 series to column using the same technique as above. Cheers Andy agenda9533 wrote: > IF > This type of chart not in Standara...

Howto get standard SystemInfo dialog
Hello, does anyone know how to call the 'Microsoft System Information' dialog from mfc? The same dialog you get e.g. at the Microsoft Word -> About -> System info button. Thanks in advance, Arno Try a ShellExecute[Ex]() / CreateProcess() of msinfo32.exe -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Arno" <Arno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA524CFD-AF69-4606-888C-D3BF60BEA4DB@microsoft.com... > Hello, > does anyone know how to call the 'Microsoft System Information' dialog from > mfc? > T...

Dialog box in application class
I have a dialog box application. I added a dialog box resource and code and try to launch it in the application class before the original dialog box launch. If I use the controls inside it the dialog - like press some check box, the application crashes. Trying to launch it in another class works fine. Is that normal? Thanks beni "Beni" <beni@beni.com> wrote in message news:%23erze1l$GHA.204@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I have a dialog box application. > I added a dialog box resource and code and try to launch it in the > application class before the original dialog b...

combo box choice to feed into subform
Hello, was able to finally make cascading boxes.. thanks forum. however, have ran into another issue. I would like the final choice of the cascade option to feed into a subform. how is this done la -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200709/1 I am not sure if there would be a difference, but the form with the final combo box is acutally a macro on the main form. The sub form is also on the main form. NKTower wrote: >Since you said "feed into a subform" I'll assume the final combo box is in >the pare...

combo box dependent on selection from another combo box on form
Is it possible to make the selection in one combo box dependent on selection from another combo box on form? Thanks! See whether http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA011730581033.aspx?pid=CH063650361033 helps. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) <pywhacket@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1175271977.927623.101150@y66g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > Is it possible to make the selection in one combo box dependent on > selection from another combo box on form? > > Thanks! > ...

delete drop-down box in cell
I have a problem removing a drop-down list box in a cell and have trie using clear contents, delete cell, the delete button on the keyboard Can someone please tell me how to remove this box from the cell. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi might be one created by data / validation ... click on the cell choose data / validation choose Clear All regards JulieD "brain77 >" <<brain77.1apguz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:brain77.1apguz@excelforum-nospam.com... > I have a problem removing a drop-down list box in a cell and have tr...

Why does message show date/time in Sent box when draft (not sent)
Hi would be grateful if anybody can shed any light on the following problem. I sent an e-mail with a draft e-mail as an attachment. The draft e-mail has not been sent yet and is saved in Drafts in Outlook. Yet the recipient of the message says that the draft e-mail has got a date and time in the Sent box. Upon checking in Sent Items the message has not got a date and time in the Sent box but when you print the message off a date and time does appear in the Sent box does anybody know the reason for this? ...

how to add an outlook email to a text box in an access form?
Hi, I searched everywhere for a similar issue but in vain... I have a form used to enter computer issues. I would like to add to it a text box that will store emails. It could be a button that opens a link to the email. I hope this is clear. thanks. Ismail -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200803/1 ...

Macro/message box to prompt user for their name and save name to cell
Hi, Any assistance would be greatly appreciated I need a macro that displays a message box which prompts the user fo their name. When the user enters their name the name is then the cop to a particular cell e.g. C2 Many thanks Ro -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Rob, how about something like this, Sub test() MyName = InputBox("Enter Your Name", "What Is Your Name?") If MyName = "" Then Exit Sub End If Sheet1.Range("C2").Value = MyName End Sub -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any r...

SDK question
I've done a bunch of work with the SDK but can't seem to get add a campaign response, I've verified that my credentials are fine as I can perform a lot of other functions but can't nail this one down. Is there anyway to get a more meaningful error message than "Server can't process request"? Here's my code: Dim service As New CrmService Dim myCreds As System.Net.NetworkCredential = New System.Net.NetworkCredential myCreds = GetMyCredentials() service.Credentials = myCreds ' Get Current User Id D...

Restore a single mail box
Hi, I have Exchange 2003 and backing up with Vertias software. I need to restore one mail box from the last night backup. Can this be done? I try to restore the mailbox by clicking on the mailbox name in the Exchange Mailbox and got the error" Unable to attach to one of the drives.," I do have the tape from last night in the tape drive. Do I also need to click on the Public Folders and Information Store? Thank you in advance for your help, Kathy Use Recovery Storage Group to mount backup of Store and extract mailbox, exmerge into production Store. http://support.microsoft...

Format Cell Dialogue Box
Hi there, Why don't you make the Format Cells dialogue box modeless. So that you do not have to keep opening and closing it. Jimbola There are no "you"'s here, if your post is referring to Microsoft developers. This is a peer to peer News Group manned(personned?) by volunteers and not by Microsoft employees. Your "modeless" idea is a good one, however................ There are many shortcut keys for formatting cells without opening the dialog box. Perhaps one or more of them would suffice. See answer wizard on "shortcut keys" Gord Dibben Excel ...

Controlling "mail box is closed message" from System Administrator
Hi Guys, Is there a way to control the frequency of "Your mailbox is closed message" sent by System Administrator when a mailbox is over its limit in Exchange 5.5? -- Buchi On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 02:39:07 -0800, "Buchi" <Buchi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi Guys, >Is there a way to control the frequency of "Your mailbox is closed message" >sent by System Administrator when a mailbox is over its limit in Exchange >5.5? Site config/Info Store Config/Storage Warnings tab. Andy Thanks, I have since reset my storage warning propert...

Create array
I have a row in which I have an undefined number of merged cells (Varying in the number of cells that each merged cell is comprised of). I now need to populate a userform combobox with the values. I tried doing Me.combobox1.RowSource = "Sheet1!Q1:MN1" but the cbo only has the first value appear. How can I get the full list of the merged cell values into the cbo? Thank you QB If they are really merged cells, all the data is in the first (topmost left) cell. If the data is separated by some delimiting character, you can load the combobox with a routine simi...

I can't create new account!!!
Hi, When i try to create a new account the system gives me this error message "This record has been created since your attempt to create it. Changes won't be saved". Then i did checklink for the financial and the system showed two error messages, the first "[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'frl_acct_code' with unique index 'XPKfrl_acct_code' ", and the second one "The stored procedure glCLAccountMSTR returned the following error results: DBMS: 2601, Great Plains: 0." Any quick will...

Text box shadow in Publisher
When I create a text box shadow in Publisher 2002, I get a shadow line, but now shadow fill. The only option available to create a fill fills the whole text box, not just the shadow area. Any solutions? -- Clare Clare again... Correction: "I get a shadow line but NOT a shadow fill." ... -- Clare "Pastor Clare" wrote: > When I create a text box shadow in Publisher 2002, I get a shadow line, but > now shadow fill. The only option available to create a fill fills the whole > text box, not just the shadow area. Any solutions? > -- > Clare Right-click ...

Matching an image file to a drop down box selection
Is there a method to display an image file in a cell (or cell range) conditional on the selection from a drop down box? For instance, to select a colour from the list, and have the colour displayed in the column adjacent (as in colour swatches from a paint store, or to select a car model, and to have an image of it displayed adjacent to the selection). Thanks, Ed JE McGimpsey shows a way at: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html Ed Crawford wrote: > > Is there a method to display an image file in a cell (or cell range) > conditional on the selection from a drop d...

How to I create a Project with Start Date = Unknown
HI, I would like to create a Project and want to add all the TASKS, BUT I dont want to link it to a specifc Start date as this is still unknown, The Start date will be the contract signature date which is unknow. Is there anyway I can create the Project to start on a Unknown date? and then Project still shows you in DAYS, not dates how long the project would take? Somone mention Start date should = T0, (T ZERO) but have no idea what that means -- Jan De Messemaeker Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional +32 495 300 620 For availability check: http://users.online....

Indirect Method for Name Box Variable?
Can the name box use the Indirect method for defining its name? I wish to use a cell's value to define the name in the name box. I' not sure if this is possible or if I'm just getting the syntax wrong. I'm trying to group 7 days (cells) and then have Excel keep th grouping as I copy them for subsequent weeks. I don't want to manuall keep naming the groups as new weeks are added. Example in the name box: INDIRECT("week" & $A1) where A1, A2, A3, etc. will contain the sequencial values 1, 2, 3, etc Essentially, the names would end up being week1, week2, we...

A2002: AllowDeletions and blinking screen & combo-box question
1) In A2002 I have a multiline subform with 11 combo-boxes and 4 text-boxes with conditional formatting (plus some text boxes in footer). On Form_Current I set AllowEdits & AllowDeletions to True or False depending on some conditions. I've found out that AllowDeletions make screen blinking. Is there any workaround to avoid blinking screen? 2) Is there any way how to make form's combo-box's drop-down arrow invisible? Reports don't display the drop-down arrow but forms always do. TIA Vlado TYVM for your respond, Wayne. Comments inline. V. "Wayne-I-M" &l...

Creating word documents in SharePoint
Not sure if this is an SBS question or SharePoint so I posted in both NG's. I got an SBS 2008 server using WSS3.0 for companyweb. I want clients to be able to create new Word documents as opposed to creating them then uploading them. however I do not have the "Word" option when I am in any of the Documents Libraries and select "new". All I see is "New Folder". How do I add this option. Thanks. ...

Cannot create newsgroup under the name "all"
I have Exchange 2003 server installed on Windows 2003 server. When I create newsgroup "all" or something.all or something.all.something I get error "The filename, directory name< or volume label syntax is incorrect." The same error if Exchange 2000 and Windows 2000 server. Why? Anybody help me? ...