How to create a save-as dialog box as in Words?

Hi,

When you save a file in Words, you will see a dialog box that is
different from CFileDialog.  My question is how to create it?  Please
help.  Thanks.

Tony

0
tony6018 (73)
2/18/2004 3:15:22 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

CFileDialog(
   BOOL bOpenFileDialog,
   LPCTSTR lpszDefExt = NULL,
   LPCTSTR lpszFileName = NULL,
   DWORD dwFlags = OFN_HIDEREADONLY | OFN_OVERWRITEPROMPT,
   LPCTSTR lpszFilter = NULL,
   CWnd* pParentWnd = NULL,
   DWORD dwSize = 0

Parameters
  bOpenFileDialog
  Set to TRUE to construct a File Open dialog box or FALSE to construct a
File Save As dialog box.
  lpszDefExt
  The default filename extension. If the user does not include an extension
in the Filename edit box, the extension specified by lpszDefExt is
automatically appended to the filename. If this parameter is NULL, no file
extension is appended.
  lpszFileName
  The initial filename that appears in the filename edit box. If NULL, no
filename initially appears.
  dwFlags
  A combination of one or more flags that allow you to customize the dialog
box. For a description of these flags, see the OPENFILENAME structure in the
Platform SDK. If you modify the m_ofn.Flags structure member, use a
bitwise-OR operator in your changes to keep the default behavior intact.
  lpszFilter
  A series of string pairs that specify filters you can apply to the file.
If you specify file filters, only selected files will appear in the Files
list box. See the Remarks section for more information on how to work with
file filters.
  pParentWnd
  A pointer to the file dialog-box object's parent or owner window.
  dwSize
  The size of the OPENFILENAME structure. This value is dependent on the
operating system version, so MFC can determine the appropriate kind of
dialog to create (for example, new Windows 2000 dialogs as opposed to NT4
dialogs).

specify the bOpenFileDialog  as FALSE

"May Young" <tony@srac.com> wrote in message news:4032D8CA.80207@srac.com...
> Hi,
>
> When you save a file in Words, you will see a dialog box that is
> different from CFileDialog.  My question is how to create it?  Please
> help.  Thanks.
>
> Tony

Creating a template using Publisher

Embedding worksheet into Word
Has anyone had the experience where when they embed a worksheet into Microsoft Word, a portion of the worksheet gets cut off? Is there an easy fix to this? ...

Send from Word
When I hit the send button in Word or Excell I get a pop up that say choose profile with Outlook in the drop down. That is the only name in the drop down. If I hit OK I get the following Message. The MAPI Spooler could not be started. Close and then restartall mail-enabled applications.MAPI 103 (0000004C7) If I choose to set up a new profile I get a Microsoft Exchange Setup Wizard. As I try to setup a new profile I come to the following, The following unrecoverable error has occured: The .DLL file for this service is either damaged or could not be found. Any ideas? Doug, What versi...

Unable to repy using word editor
When repyling to an e-mail I receive the following message, "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy, or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead". I found article 284900, that states you may get this message when you have office 2000 and office xp installed on the same computer. This is not the case on my computer, Office 2000 does not exist, only office xp. Can anyone help me? There appear to be a whole host of causes for this error message. Most have no solution. Here are a few that do: http://support.microsoft...

Error saving a Shared Workbook
I have a user using a shared workbook and gets an error everytime she does this ONE specific change. She deletes a line and then saves and gets a message that says, "EXCEL.exe has generated errors and will be shutdown by Windows... blah blah blah". If she makes anyother type of changes it saves just fine. I also had another user do the SAME change and that person also got that error message. When the file is changed to "Not Shared" then the line is deleted it saves fine also. The problem is obviously with the file itself and that is shared out. can anybody ...

Creating a worksheet in Spanish
Hello, Is there a way to create a worksheet on MS XP Pro running Office 2003 Pro all in Spanish? Thank You Kent Hansen Hi Kent All valid formulas -except the ones from the Analysis Toolpack- will automatically translate to the language of the Excel it's opened in. So any spanish speaking Excel will translate formulas to spanish, no matter which version it was written in. The rest, text constants and such, has to be typed or pasted. Excel will not translate this herself. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Kent" <Kent@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:ACCCBA3A-53B4...

Restrict dialog resizing
Hello There My dialog is resizable, how can I restrict the resizing to some minimum limit. Means you can't make it small in width and height beyond a certain limit. Should I need to override WM_SIZE. Thanks in advance. "Roland" <ajay.sonawane@gmail.com> wrote in message news:69c0226e.0411260451.4b820b77@posting.google.com... > Hello There > My dialog is resizable, how can I restrict the resizing to some > minimum limit. Means you can't make it small in width and height > beyond a certain limit. Should I need to override WM_SIZE. > Thanks in advance. WM_...

MFC DLL Dialog Box
Hello All, I am trying to link a MFC DLL to a MFC executable. The MFC DLL has a dialog template in it and has one entry point function in it. Dialog box template has the corresponding class as CLoadDlg. >From the executable I call the entry point function. Everything is working fine till this point. Now in entry point function I am creating a dialog box object and trying to display the dialog box (by calling DoModal). But this is not working and I see an assertion failure. Can someone give me some hints on how to get this dialog box up from the DLL. In DLL: ======= extern "C" ...

User accout shows new email
On start up a message shows in my user account that I have new email messages but am using Outlook 2003 and all incoming emails have been deleted. How do I clear the message ...

Events template not saving entries
I am attempting to build an events database using the Events template in Access 2007. I have made no modifications to the template. It is not saving the information I add into the Event List table. I first tried entering information directly into the table. Then I tried entering information using the New Event in the Link bar. I can find no way to get the entries to save. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix somewhere? Does anyone have anything to suggest? Thanks. -- M'Lou *:) On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 05:05:01 -0800, M''Lou Wilson <MLouWilson@discussions....

Word doc format
I tried to email a word attachment written on office for mac 2008 home version, but the recipient couldn't open the doc. recipient using windows xp. rlciii@officeformac.com <rlciii@officeformac.com> wrote: > I tried to email a word attachment written on office for mac 2008 home > version, but the recipient couldn't open the doc. recipient using windows > xp. If they don't have a recent version of Windows Office, they may not be able to open a .docx file. Choose File > Save As and save as a .doc file. -- Adam Bailey | Chicago, Illinois adamb@lull.org | Finge...

Services Invoices Get "DROP SHIP" box checked Automatically
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01CA45AC.F9A0B1F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello Everybody, Here is another story. we are GP 10 SP3 and we also a Field Service (Depot Module) installed = for which we use an Invoice ( SVC000000) and our type is Service type = Invoice. At the time of posting the Service Charges being generated by the Depot = Module, the Drop ship box gets checked automatically for which we can't = charge the customer for shipping charges. Basically we eve...

save string as unicode
This problem is solving itself piece by piece. I have a legacy VC 6 application and have to fix it to produce a unicode file. By turning on 'see display unicode string option on under tools/options/debug' I now know that the string I have actually does have the unciode entity. But the routine used bty the application to save any strings is not working correctly - it saves the unicode as ?. Can anyone show me a very simple code snippet to do this ! I know there is information about settiings...I need to be able check this large application for the settings, ( help please ), drop in t...

revision lines on Word
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I need to show when text is revised by inserting a line in the left margin. This works ok on text, and has worked with tables and ToC in past versions (2004 for Mac). Now in the new version it causes formatting chaos. <br> I draw a line in the left margin of a page with a table and when the mouse is released the line a) disappears, or b) jumps up to the previous page, or c) jumps over into the table and displaces the contents downward off the page. <br> I am not using the Track Changes feature. &l...

Printing Pictures in word 2007
Hi, I have a problem printing a picture in Word 2007. I know its not my printer, it has something to do with picture effects - soft edges - 50%. When I insert the picture, and add the effect, it shows up on my screen, it also shows up on the print preview screen, but when I print it only the text prints out. I have the picture behind text, but I don't think that this is the problem, I think it has to do with the settings on the soft edges and 50%. Can anyone help? If you can see the pictures in Print Preview (not Print Layout view) and they don't print, then this...

importing excel into word
I have a problem when importing a spreadsheet into word using 2004mac. I = usually view the word doc in "normal" but when I import excel as an = object=20 using paste special, the view reverts to "print layout" which I do not = prefer,=20 then when I change back to view normal, the sreadsheet is not visible = other=20 than a small black dot on the left hand side of the document. Is there = any=20 way I can import excel into word uisng view normal and still see the=20 spreadsheet?, any comments would be appreciated, Thanks Alan Hi, There may be other ways to accomplish th...

How can I delete a line created with Shift+underscore?
I can no longer select this line, so how can I delete it. When I search help for how to delete a "rule," it brings up everything BUT what I'm talking about. I'm using Office 2007, and ever since it was installed, I can't find anything and stuff happens that makes NO sense at all. How and why did that simple underline become some permanent fixture in teh email I'de REALLY LIKE TO SEND, NOW. Please help! Outlook Help is Useless! WCW That line is actually a "Border Line". Try the following: - Select eveything above and below the line - Select the FOR...

In excel, how do i create a box on a form for a customer to click #2
how do I create a box on a email excel form for a customer to click on to acknowledge they agree with the terms and it automatically put a check mark in the box. ...

alignment within text boxes
within a text box, how do I keep the text lines in the heading flush left and make the body justified? I make the heading flush left, then highlight body and justuify it-- but when I do-- the heading becomes justified. Select the heading (high-light) click left justify. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "rebecca1227" <rebecca1227@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A63868C4-1905-42FB-B2A2-E6F55F9CF8C5@microsoft.com... > within a text box, how do I keep the text lines in the heading flush left and > make the body justified? I make the heading flus...