How to create a pure text button toolbar?

I want to create a toolbar. On which, there is only text (no image) on its
button.
I call SetButtonInfo() with iImage=-1. It take effect, but there are still a
blank block on the button.
Thank you very much.

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You have to destroy the imagelist(s) corresponding to the toolbar.
There was excellent sample by Paul Dilascia in MSJ/MSDN few years back
where he showed how to replace a menu by a toolbar in an MDI
application. A search on MSDN's site for that sample would be helpful.
In addition, look at codeguru/codeproject for some sample on this. I am
sure something must be there as well.

------------
Ajay Kalra
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
ajaykalra (6842)
6/15/2005 4:13:06 AM
Thank you. But I am so shame that I can not find the article in MSDN.
I search MSDN with keyword "Paul Dilascia", and none of the articles in
search result discribes toolbar.
Would you please give me a link?

> You have to destroy the imagelist(s) corresponding to the toolbar.
> There was excellent sample by Paul Dilascia in MSJ/MSDN few years back
> where he showed how to replace a menu by a toolbar in an MDI
> application. A search on MSDN's site for that sample would be helpful.
> In addition, look at codeguru/codeproject for some sample on this. I am
> sure something must be there as well.
>
> ------------
> Ajay Kalra
> ajaykalra@yahoo.com

Thank you. But I am so shame that I can not find the article in MSDN.
I search MSDN with keyword "Paul Dilascia", and none of the articles in
search result discribes toolbar.
Would you please give me a link?

"Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> ????
> You have to destroy the imagelist(s) corresponding to the toolbar.
> There was excellent sample by Paul Dilascia in MSJ/MSDN few years back
> where he showed how to replace a menu by a toolbar in an MDI
> application. A search on MSDN's site for that sample would be helpful.
> In addition, look at codeguru/codeproject for some sample on this. I am
> sure something must be there as well.
>
> ------------
> Ajay Kalra
> ajaykalra@yahoo.com

The article can be found here:

http://www.microsoft.com/msj/0199/c/c0199.aspx

All you really need to do is call SetImageList(NULL) or something like
that.

----------
Ajay Kalra
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
ajaykalra (6842)

Load bitmap on a button
Hi pals, Here is my code snipets... I have created a Dialogbased application in MFC and written my code into OnInitDialog() function HWND hUpCtl,hDlg; hUpCtl = GetDlgItem(hDlg,IDI_UP); HICON hU = ::LoadImage(AfxGetResourceHandle (),,MAKEINTRESOURCE (IDI_UP),IMAGE_ICON,0,0,LR_DEFAULTCOLOR); ::SendMessage(hUpCtl,BM_SETIMAGE,IMAGE_ICON,(LPARAM) (DWORD)hU); I am trying to add a bitmap into button..But i am getting this errors error C2664: 'void __thiscall CWnd::GetDlgItem(int,struct HWND__ ** ) const' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'struct HWND__ *' to &...

Advice required
I need to create some graphs from data that is derived from a long series of separate calculations on my source data. For aesthetic reasons, I would like to hide all the "interim" calculations on the spreadsheet, but I've noticed that as soon as I hide the interim data (i.e set the row height to zero), the detail on the graphs disappears. I presume that this is a design feature feature of Excel (I supoose I can just about accept the rationale for it), but does anyone know whether there's a way around this? Many thanks. CRS. Use white fonts -- Regards, Peo Sjobl...

How to disabel "Excel" button in CRM
Hi, Dose anybody know how to get rid off the EXCEL button in lots of form in CRM, we don't want user can export company's data to EXCL file and take it away. Thank you ...

Creating an email message in Outlook 2007
What does Outlook use as the editor when creating an email message, looks very much like Word. Options no longer offers Word as an alternative. Hello, yes, Outlook 2007 uses Word to render and create messages- There is no possibility to change anymore. Roman Brehm "PE" <pitsofearth@msn.com> wrote in message news:%23imSovkXHHA.4308@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > What does Outlook use as the editor when creating an email message, looks > very much like Word. Options no longer offers Word as an alternative. > > > > It is word. If you have the office suit...

Create More than 1 Return for Same Invoice !!!
Hello In version 10.0. The RMA can create more than 1 return for same sales invoice! Is there any possibility to disable this properties? I need to prohibit anyone to create more than 1 return for same invoice. Any suggest ? no, that cannot be disabled. Too many firms have more than one return per invoice and it is not an option -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Monzer Osama" wrote: > Hello > In version 10.0. > The R...

How do you create a list with name address phone in a column form.
I have an excel file with last name, first address city state in each column. I want to prepare a two column report with each persons name first then address then phone. Can't remember how to print out a different view of excel. Making it look more like a two column word document. Maybe you can use MSWord's MailMerge. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge The first is from David McRitchie and the second is by Beth Melton and Dave Rado. denise108 wrote: > > I have an excel file with last name, first address city state ...

Text to Columns?
In my spreadsheet, from cells F1 to CA1, I have a list of titles. At the beginning of each of these titles is the words Out of Stock/. I would like to know if there is an easier way to get rid of these words other than text to columns. Right now, I insert a column next to one with text and use Text to Columns and choose "/" as my separator, and then I have to go back and delete all of the unwanted cells. I didn't mind doing this once, but now that I have to do it weekly, I need to find a faster way. TIA This is what it looks like now. F1 ...

No text in email body
mail delivered to my mail account has no text in the message body. This just started happening in the last few days ?? HELP !!! ...

Color code quoted text
Is there no way to color code quoted text in the standard message reading view? I've searched high and low and can't seem to find anything about this. The newsreader in Opera does a terrific job of this, as do many other programs. Bob Graham Yes, but since you decided to keep secret the version of Outlook you are = using, all bets are off. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, rvgrahamsevatenein@sbcglobal...

How can I capatalize text in a column?
I would like to select a column to incorporate only upper case letters. How do I do this? I would dump the column into Word then do Format - Change Case - UPPERCASE then dump it back into Excel. I do not see this feature in Excel. "dgysr" wrote: > I would like to select a column to incorporate only upper case letters. How > do I do this? will you get your desired results if you use the =UPPER() formula in another column? "dgysr" wrote: > I would like to select a column to incorporate only upper case letters. How > do I do this? ...

Text box disappears on chart
I added a text box to a chart and when I click off of it, the text box disappears (goes behind the chart). I have tried Bring to Front and Bring Forward, and it may or may not stay visible and print. I have clicked on the frame of the text box (it changes pattern) and tried Bring to Front - same problem. Any ideas? Carole O The text box is on the worksheet, not the chart. To fix the problem, Select the text box, and choose Edit>Cut Select the chart (you'll see handles on its corners and sides) Choose Edit>Paste, to paste the text box onto the chart. Click away from the char...

when i type i am not seeing any text in Outlook 2003
I am using Microsoft Outlook 2003, I don't know what happened but when I try to send an email nothing appears instead I only see read error lines on the screen. I have tried everything but nothing works. I cannot type because no text appears on my screen. I am not able to send emails. Please help!! After typing a couple of words that you do not see, try to highlight the area where you typed.What happens? Is your font colour set to white? Peter "tigka98@hotmail.com" <tigka98@hotmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:777622D7-4C61-432B-B8AD-5...

Can I create a bar graph with both stacked and normal bars?
Hi I'm trying to create a bar chart for my company for turnover against targets. For the targets we want fixed bars, however on the turnover we wanted the same bars made up different colours, so the colours highlight where the turnover came from (therefore stacked). Can I have some bars fixed and some stacked on a chart please? On Wed, 6 Aug 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, g <g@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I'm trying to create a bar chart for my company for turnover against >targets. For the targets we want fixed bars, however on the turnover we >want...

Double click to open form and create new record
Hi team, Have scoured all of the posts and tried several different things for days but just can't seem to nut this one out. I have a form (FrmSeedBankStockAvailable) in datasheet view that lists seed lots by BatchID. I want to be able to double click on the record selector for a particular batch and have a form (DialogSeedBankWithdrawal) open so that I can make a new withdrawal entry, with the BatchID already entered from the selected record. I know that to do this I need to use the forms' DblClick property. I have been using the following code (and tried variations of from...

New created storage group wasn't displayed
Hi, I have Exchange 2003 on Server 2003. I created a new storage group and then I tried to add a user's mailbox to the new group, but there is only First Storage Group in the Mailbox Store box. The new created storage group didn't show up. Please advice. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance! Lisa how long ago? did you create a mailbox store in the new SG? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE4B6E9F-AFEB-4F19-B7B0-2FA0EBF3B4B4@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have Exchange 2003 on Server 2003...

Creating new table columns and maintaining joins in another query
Hi, I have a table with alot of account information. However, to report on certain accounts, I have to manipulate a few of the column data and create a new column with the correct information. Once I have this new column, I do another query and get the information that I need out of that new column. The problem is when I'm querying from that new column, I'm join'ing that information to another column of information and it works the way I want it to work. But when I get more data, I have to run the original script that manipulates the data and creates a new column, agai...

OL2003 some buttons don't work
Hello I have set up a new client in our SBS2003 Network the same way many before. However, on this client OL2003 seems to refuse to work as usual. After starting of OL, the Tool- and the Menubar are always missing. After minimizing and reopening the OL window, they appear. Also, some of the buttons refuse to work. When writing a new mail, the send button is there but nothing happens when I click on it. The same behavior can be seen with some other buttons. Even some of the menu functions refuse to work. They can be selected in the menu as usual, but nothing happens. I tried to repair t...

No Offline Folders button
I can't set up my Outlook to use Offline Folders. I've gone to Tools|Email Accounts|Change|More Settings|Advanced tab...there is not a button there for "Offline Folder Settings..." I have seen this button on a friend's Outlook. I am using Office XP (Outlook 2002) with the new Exchange server 2003. Outlook is running on an application server that is Windows 2003 Server. Any ideas? Is this mail profile set up to access an Exchange mailbox? VCR wrote: > I can't set up my Outlook to use Offline Folders. I've > gone to Tools|Email Accounts|Change|More &g...

Create Data Entry "Wizard"
Hi everyone, I'm trying to create a data entry "wizard" for a database. Basic premise - a company has clients that they need to be able to track various aspects of information about. All information might not be available at the time of entry. I'd like to have an AddClient form (data entry mode) with buttons for Add Address (ClientAddress form), Add Phones (ClientPhones form), and Add Emails (ClientEmails form). How can I pass the ClientID value created on the AddClient form to the ClientAddress (and other) forms? Thanks in Advance! On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 09:31:03 -...

created chart will not display
I tried to create a 3D pie chart within a spreadsheet. After highlighting the data that I wanted in the chart , the only thing that shows up is the chart title. The pie chart itself is no where to be found. Please advise Thanks,Belinda That probably means that Excel thinks your data are not numeric. If the values you are plotting are in, say, B2:B5, in some empty column, say C, starting with C2, enter =ISNUMBER(B2) and copy down to C3:C5. What do you get? -- Tushar Mehta http://www.tushar-mehta.com Custom business solutions leveraging a multi-disciplinary approach In Excel 2007 d...

Removing text from cells
Hi, I have a spreadsheet with a list of reference numbers in column A. The numbers are like this. AAA/12345/Smith J Mr What I want to do is remove the text after the last / eg. Smith J Mr. I have thousands of cells I need to remove this on. Please help. Thanks. Hi Craig are all the entries the same number of characters for the first two sections, AAA/12345/ BBB/67890/ etc if so you can do this using a "helper" column - in column B type ==LEFT(A1,10) and then double click on the fill handle (bottom right hand side of cell) to fill down now copy column B click on A1 and ch...

Using text in a cell in a formula
I need to have a formula use the text of adjacent cells to determine where to look for values. I want to grab data from multiple datasheets but I don't want to have to type the sheet name in every formula, I want the formula to grab the name of the sheet from an adjacent cell. i.e. I need a formula like =if(sheet1!B2>0,100,""), but I need a function that will fill in the sheet name from the text value of an adjacent cell that would have the sheet name in it as I will be doing this for multiple cells on the same sheet. see your other post -- Biff Microsoft...

setup a text box as a lined page
I'd like to simulate text on lined paper. Is it possible in Word or Publisher? Thanks Find a lined paper background or graphic, put it on the Master page. On the the publication page create a text box. View, turn on baseline guides. Go to Arrange, Layout guides, baseline tab, adjust it to match your lined graphic. Select the text box, Format, paragraph, check align text to baseline guides. http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=lined+paper&gbv=2 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "tridev" <tr...

Using Logical OR on text in Conditional Formatting
I have a column with various text entries. I have created a conditional formatting rule for each type of entry but the formatting can be grouped together, so I would like a Conditional Formatting rule that says: If string contains "foo" or "bar" then colour red If string does not contain "yibble" or "wibble" then make bold etc. Any idea how I can do this rather thasn having to manage over 30 rules with each one looking for a single text entry type. Thanks Darius Try a formula of =OR(A2="foo",A2="bar") =AND(A2<>"y...

Need to change text to csv
My credit card company has an export feature. One of the options is ".csv (Excel). This used to give me a nice clean spreadsheet with each column of information in a separate Excell column. I guess it converted on the fly or something. But now it seems to be a "comma delimited text file" In other words, only the first Excel cell in each row has data in it, and it looks like this in each row (the first row has headings). 1,"03/24/2005","HARVARD CS","Credit","$39.95". What can I do to get all those comma delimited items into sep...