How to create a property sheet in a dialog window?

Hello,

I want to create a dialog box which contains a property sheet with 3
property page. The dialog contains a list box which is common to all
the pages in the property sheet.

How can I do this?
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

>I want to create a dialog box which contains a property sheet with 3
>property page. The dialog contains a list box which is common to all
>the pages in the property sheet.

It sounds like you want a property sheet embedded in a dialog.

If that's what you want, have a look at the SNAPVW sample - which
embeds a modeless property sheet in a view. The same basic idea works
with a dialog.

Dave
0
davidl7375 (2060)
2/16/2005 10:49:13 AM
look at this example

http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/ezoptionsdlg.asp

--

With Regards
Alok Gupta

                           "I think this will Help"
"bnp" <bnpateljobs@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I want to create a dialog box which contains a property sheet with 3
> property page. The dialog contains a list box which is common to all
> the pages in the property sheet.
>
> How can I do this?

0
thatsalok1 (226)
2/16/2005 12:00:52 PM
David Lowndes wrote:
> >I want to create a dialog box which contains a property sheet with 3
> >property page. The dialog contains a list box which is common to all
> >the pages in the property sheet.
>
> It sounds like you want a property sheet embedded in a dialog.
>
> If that's what you want, have a look at the SNAPVW sample - which
> embeds a modeless property sheet in a view. The same basic idea works
> with a dialog.
>
> Dave

Where can I find the SNAPVW sample you are talking about?
I have searched MSDN Library samples, but I could not find that.

Look here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vcsample/html/_sample_mfc_SNAPVW.asp

---------
Ajay Kalra
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
ajaykalra (6842)

Data Validation
Morning Have created various dependent lists using the INDIRECT function. What I need is for the user to select from the list looking at the wordy name but once selected I want the system to enter the code ie Asset Code Door 101 Wall 102 Floor 103 So when they select the 'Door' the system enters in '101' rather than the word 'Door' Help on this would be great. Cheers Pete There's a sample workbook on my web site that shows a product name and code in the Data Validation dropdown list. After an item is selected, the cell shows...

How do I set date to change automatically on invoices created wit.
I've only been using Excell with an invoice format and when I was using Windows ME had no problem with having the date on a specific invoice change every time I opened it to the current date. Now with Windows XP they don't do that, I have to manually change the dates. Can you please help me to correct this problem? Thank you very much Angel In the date cell enter =TODAY() If already there, check Tools>Options>Calculation and ensure "Automatic" is checked. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 17:23:02 -0800, "Angel" <Angel@discussions.micros...

is office home and student compatible with Windows 7
Will Office Hime and Student 2007 run properly with Windows 7 -- John Yes John wrote: > Will Office Hime and Student 2007 run properly with Windows 7 "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24978942-9A0D-42DB-8B07-14B30B1CF53D@microsoft.com... > Will Office Hime and Student 2007 run properly with Windows 7 > -- > John John, Do you really think Microsoft would release a new Operating System that was incompatible with their best selling software ? "Skiffle" <skiffle@doesnt.exist> wrote in messa...

Comment and user defined field in Inventory Transaction window
It would be very helpfull if we could have comment field in Inventory Transaction window for each transaction number . Also user defined field would be an added value. Regards Reem ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolut...

MMC crashes when trying to create Protection Groups
Hello, I am having a issue with a secondary dpm server crashing when trying to create a new protection group. We get the ID 998 message when expanding the primary server. When trying to create a new pg it will crash and then close. The secondary server is on Windows Server 2008, 32 bit. DPM has been patched. This issue just started happening yesterday. The primary server is Windows Server 2008 R2. Thanks, Shaun Can you please make sure both side DPM versions are same and are having the latest QFE deployed with DPM 2007 SP1 or having DPM 2010 RTM version? -- Th...

Can One Windows Live mail account handle multi-language?
Have Windows 7 home premium in English on my laptop without Microsoft Office products. I want to use the laptop in English most of the time, but I need to send/receive email in French sometimes and English the rest of the time. I use Live Mail in English now, but can I configure it for French also? OR Do I need two Live mail accounts, One for English and One for French? Or is another option open to me? -- Steve (Home Coder) The accounts aren't the issue. Accounts don't have a language. An installed copy of WLM will be in a single language for menus and such. A...

Enumerate windows in a groupbox...
Hi, what is the standard way to enumerate all windows within a groupbox? I wonder since I have a groupbox in which I have placed several controls such as editbox, textfield, button etc. Now, under certain circumstances I'd like to process all of those "contained" controls. First I thought that I'd loop them by first setting up a tab order in such way that the groupbox is first and then just do: CWnd* pWnd = this; while (pWnd && !Finished) { DoStuff(pWnd); pWnd = pWnd->GetWindow(GW_HWNDNEXT); } But I do not know how to set Finished... The other approach w...

Linking Sheets and Tables
Having an issue with some reports. I'm trying to automate a "cash" report that uses several different sources. I'd like to be able to have the data linked from several different tables into one...however, the reports that we receive from our vendors have different sheet names. For instance the excel file is "November" and each sheets name is it's date (ex: Nov 22, Nov 21). However, the information that I want is off of the most recent sheet, or the one with the most current date. Is there a way to link the two, with the names of the excel file, and the she...

Windows Messenger
So, every time I run Windows Live Messenger, I get to the sign in screen, input my password and account name, and it says "signing in". However after about fifteen seconds, it just goes back to the sign in screen and says welcome back. I am not getting any error messages, however, on the Messenger icon, there is a red "X" that I don't think is supposed to be there. Any ideas? Thanks. Greetings, The red x is normal, that just means you're not signed in. Which Windows version is this on? -- Jonathan Kay Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger...

How to create a formula that results in a blank cell if required
I have a spreadsheet that is to be populated during the course of the year. I have a column which totals the number of days worked on a particular task and have copied the formula down the sheet for the number of entries required. Obviously, as the sheet is currently unpopulated, I do not want a whole load of zeroes listed in this column when the other cells in the sheet (which are used in the calculation) are currently empty. ie) what I have is (as a simple example) A B C ------------------------------- Hours Total Hrs Total Days 37 37 5 ...

Excel 2007-macro enabled, multi-sheet opening in minimized mode
A spreadsheet that has 10+ worksheets is opening in minimized mode with only the current worksheet appearing to be displayed. In order to see the other tabs, the user needs to recognize that they are not in full screen mode. This spreadsheet is being linked in a word document Appendix as support documentation. The users click on the link and see one worksheet not realizing that there are multiple sheets to review. How to get the spreadsheet to open maximized with all worksheet tabs displaying? I have gotten the spreadsheet to open correctly when not going throught the word docu...

Macro Help
Hi All I have a workbook which contains >200 sheets. What I need to do is to insert a "cover" sheet and then create a macro to pick up the same five cells from each worksheet (b3, b4, c26, e26, h26) and copy and paste the values into the Cover Sheet going progressively down a column for each cell. so i need the macro to go to Sheet1 get the value from B3 and paste it on the cover sheet in A2, then get the value B4 and pasit on the cover sheet in B2 etc... then go to Sheet2 get the value from B3 and paste it on the cover sheet in A3, then get the value B4 and pasit on t...

Access VBA creating an Excel spreadsheet with a total line
I have an Access module which dynamically creates an Excel spreadsheet. Now the Business User has asked that we put a Total Line in the Excel spreadsheet. How do I within Access VBA determine the range, because the spreadsheet will never be the same, and then use that range to create a formula to insert to the local recordset which dynamically creates the Excel spreadsheet with the Total Line??? Thanks in advance for your review and help and hopeful for a reply. PSULionRP On Dec 22, 10:35 am, PSULionRP <PSULio...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an Acces...

Excel file to create a Distribution List
Is it possible to use an Excel file to create a Distribution List in Outlook? I am using 2002 SP3 for both Outlook and Excel. The Excel file has data in/for the following fields: customer number, Last Name, First Name, Phone Number, Email Address. Further, does it help, hinder or not matter at all that the "file" for the List has already been created? In other words, I have a created a list with title only ("John Smith's Group"), but the group itself has no data or entries in it. Thank you all in advance for the incredible assistance I receive from th...

Lesson (by example) for the Windows Live team:
NOTE: I want to post this feedback to the Windows Live Team, however I have no idea where and how to provide feedback using the Windows Live Solution Center, here: http://windowslivehelp.com/ ----------------------------------------------------------------- Lesson (by example) for the Windows Live team: I recently received a newsletter by email from Canadian Microsoft Security that had this valuable information: [quote] Greetings, Yes summer is finally here; it is a time when I typically see an increase in phishing scams. I get a lot of emails from customers, family and fr...

create new record based on date
I'm not sure if this is even possible. I will have Frm_Main (from Tbl_MAIN), Subfrm_D13_Main (Tbl_D13_MAIN; one-to-many relationship with Tbl_MAIN) and Subfrm_D13_Inspection (Tbl_D13_Inspect; one-to-many w/ Tbl_D13_MAIN). In Tbl_D13_MAIN, there is a field Action with 3 options (Abandon, Reactivate, Suspend). Each action requires an inspection but if Suspend is selected then the inspection must be repeated on a certain frequency based on other fields (Risk_Level, Risk_Type and Downhole_Option). Here's some examples: If Risk_Level = LOW and Risk_Type = Type 1 then Inspection...

Unable to set reminders in user-created Calendar
We have just performed a migration from an old Windows 2000 Active Directory domain with an Exchange 2000 server to a new Windows 2003 Active Directory domain with an Exchange 2003 server. EXMERGE was used to migrate mail between the two servers (they're different forests). One of my users is wondering why she is unable to set a reminder in a calendar she's created. On the old server she had her normal Outlook Calendar, and she had a sub-calendar called Scheduling Calendar underneath it. Previously when creating an appointment in the Scheduling Calendar she was able to set a...

Names in different sheets
Is it possible to name arrays in 2 different sheet, when the arrays are different. ? For example: Sheet1, Name = "Data" refers to A1:B5 Sheet2, Name = "Data" refers to A1:B10 I want to use this in a cell formula like this: Danish: =LOPSLAG(C52;INDIREKTE(VENSTRE(C52;FIND("-";C52)-1) & "!Enhedspris");15;FALSK) English: =llookup(C52;indirect(left(C52;find("-";C52)-1) & "!Enhedspris");15;false) I don't know if the commands are right in english, but it works in danish. Hoping U guys out there can help me. Claus Perss...

graph with data from several sheets
I have a workbook with several worksheets. On every worksheet there is data. I need to be able to create a chart, which has series of data from all worksheets. For me it should be something like this. =SERIES(;;(sheet1!$E$6;shet2!$D$5;sheet3!$F$9);1) But this Excel tells me, that there is an error in the expression. I can only use this without errors, if there are data from one sheet. But I need from more than one. Please help! Hi Sveta - You can use formulas to collect data from several sheets onto one sheet used for the chart data: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFrom...

How do I resize a pie chart created in excel to make it larger?
How do I resize a pie chart created in excel to make it larger? Hi, You can increase the size of the plotarea. To select the plotarea on a pie chart imagine the pie is contained within a box and click in one the the four corners. Another way is to use the up/down arrows to cycle through the major chart elements such as plot area, legend, data series, titles. Cheers Andy Deborah wrote: > How do I resize a pie chart created in excel to make it larger? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Windows 7 Imaging
Has anyone ever added dial-up connections and go them to stick in the image and survive sysprep. ...

OL 2002 - Attached MSG file - No body property returned
We have a large number of psts with emails bearing problematic MSG attachments. The PST files appear to be from an Exchange environment (Likely 2000). We are using VB6 to access the data via Outlook 2002 (we've tried 2003, but with the same results). Outlook 2002 (sp-2) is not returning any value for the body property of an attached MSG email items. When opening them in Outlook, you can see that there is in fact body text which seems only to be visible when viewed through the UI in OL. Here is something odd: 1. When viewed in Quick View Plus (ver 6 & 8) it appears with only the heade...

changing Exchange primary windows account
How To change primary Windows Account in exchange 5.5 mailbox, I have 3000 mailboxes in exchange 5.5 server. I want to change the primary windows account of all the users. can anybody suggest the faster way to do it.does anybody hv any tool. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;155414 Sri wrote: > How To change primary Windows Account in exchange 5.5 > mailbox, I have 3000 mailboxes in exchange 5.5 server. > I want to change the primary windows account of all the > users. > can anybody suggest the faster way to do it.does anybody > hv any tool. ...

Hide the Help button form Propertyshit Dialog
Hello, could you tell me, how can I hide the Help button from Propertyshit dialog in the wizard mode? I want to appeare just Back, Next, Cancel and Finish button in the dialog. I don't need to the Help button. thank you so much, Monica. Try this: PropertySheet.m_psh.dwFlags &= ~PSH_HASHELP; ------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com plus you have to remove it from all the page ProperyPage.m_psp.dwFlags &=~PSP_HASHELP; -- With Regards Alok Gupta Visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com "I Believe this will Help" "Ajay Kalra" <aj...

Exchange 2003/windows 2003 Boot.ini file
I went to modify my Boot.ini file on the exchange 2003 server and found that the file is simply not there! I set explorer to view hidden and protected files. I also do not see the Boot.ini file on the DC, it is however, on three other member servers. Can I simply copy the Boot.ini file from the other server? When I run MSCONFIG on these two servers there is no boot.ini tab. Any thoughts. Thanks, Chris You'll proably get a better answer from a Winidows 2003 list, but Im surprised you would be able to boot the server if the boot.ini is indeed missing. Better yet, maybe you shouldnt ...