How to change the position of a tooltip?

Hi to all,

I have a long edit control in my dialog-based application, to which I've
associated a tooltip. The problem is that this tooltip displays at the bottom
of the edit control. I would like it to display relatively to the mouse
position.

How can I do this in the OnToolTipNotify() methhod.

Thank you,
Geo
0
Geo (129)
10/7/2005 5:45:04 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Change of domain..
Hi! We´re about to change domain name from .se to .com. I have the following question: Is it possible to generate an auto-reply on the .se address (on user-/mailbox-level) to inform the sender that we have changed address to ..com when the receiver has both addresses( name@domain.se and name@domain.com ) in the exchange mailbox? FYI: It’s not possible to make a general change on all mailboxes because the owner of the .se address still should receive mail. -- ________________________ Per-Olof Olsson IT - Manager I don't know whether that is possible - anyone?? - but you coul...

MBS 9.0 table changes
Does anyone know if there have been changes to MBS 9.0 Payroll and HR tables? Thank you. Hi Robert Yes, there have been changes to both HR and US Payroll tables. Please look in the SDK (Software Developers Kit) for details. The SDK can be installed from the Tools\SDK folder of CD 2 of the Microsoft Dynamics GP install CDs. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer MBS Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com Any views contained within are my personal views and not...

Changing Cell Colour in Protected Sheet
Hi, I'm trying to protect some cells on a spreadsheet from having their formulae deleted accidently etc. The only problem is I run a VBA program ontop of the spreadsheet that consists of a load of forms. The inputs into these forms add data to the cells on the spreadsheet and it all works well until I protect the sheet. The reason being is that I use some VB code to change the colour of a cell. The worksheet is protected but the cell in question is not locked but the code fails. Why can my VBA code not change the colour of an unlocked cell in a protected sheet? It lets me add or change d...

mortgage account changes...
I am currently using MS Money 2004 to track mortgage payments. We signed up for an accelerated payment plan to reduce interest charges. Payments are now made twice a month instead of once a month. My problem is that I can't find a way to change the scheduled payment from once to twice a month. Any ideas on how I can do this? ...

How to change the default value in "Filter On" field (Microsoft CRM 3.0)
Hi. When I open a contact in CRM, I can view the sales activities (Opportunities, Quotes, Orders, and Invoices) under "Sales" session. Is there any way I can change the default value under "Filter On" drop down menu? For example, when I click on Invoice, I want "Filter on:" drop down list select "Paid" instead of "Active" Thanks for your advice. You do the following: Settings -> Customizations -> Customize Entities Select the contact entity Then you will see a list of views and a form. One of those views is set ...

Can I change upper case letters to down case automatically?
Hi, I was just wondering if there is an easy way to change all uppper case letters in cells ins spesific range to down case? -Sirritys Sirritys wrote: > Hi, > > I was just wondering if there is an easy way to change all uppper case > letters in cells ins spesific range to down case? > > -Sirritys > From Excel '97 help: Examples LOWER("E. E. Cummings") equals "e. e. cummings" I've found changing case in Excel rather limiting. I would rather copy and paste the whole lot into Word, make the change there and then copy and past back in...

WCOMP change in Employee Maintenance should roll down to Pay Code
When I change a Workers Comp code in Employee Maintenance, it does not change the code assigned to individual pay codes on the employee, nor does it prompt to roll down the change. As a result, we have multiple workers comp codes on employees that should not have multiple. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader an...

OWA 2003 change password / force at next logon is broken
OWA (2003) change password feature works fine, except when the user account is set to change password at next logon. It gives this error Error number: -214702267 I even tried to enter in the domain\username instead of just the username. It then gives this error 214702357 Knowledge base articles and eventid.net have not really helped yet Thanks. Setup OWA to use SSL. >-----Original Message----- >OWA (2003) change password feature works fine, except when the user account is set to change password at next logon. It gives this error Error number: -2147022675 >I even tried to enter in...

Changing Graph Data Series
I have about 12 graphs each with 4 data sets that I have to change the data set range on each month to display the next months data as it is accumulated through the month. This is a very time consuming task. Is there a way to set the data range to key off of a formula (using current month and a vlookup for example) or off of a range supplied from key input cells? Ultimately I would like to be able to specify a data range (from jan1 through Dec 31) and have the graph update the data series for the range and display. But for now I'll settle on a faster method to change the data range each...

Changing default indents for lists (Word 2007)
In previous versions of Word this was relatively easy. I'm pretty adept with Office products, but as far as I can see this is no longer possible. Can someone confirm or enlighten me? I don't like the indents that Word 2007 imposes on bulleted and numbered lists -- it wastes a lt of space and for me is difficult to visually scan. I prefer my first levels of bullets (or numbers) to appear so that the bullet is lined up with the left margin with a hanging indent of 0.25". Then I like the second level of bullets to be at 0.25" with a hanging indent of 0.5", ...

change currency for bank account?
setting up money+ the list of financial institutions includes TD Bank (Canada) -- perfect! however, when the account data are downloaded all amounts are stored as US$ yet no exchange rate has been applied. in other words, one cannot select the currency for the account and the data are subsequently treated as though US$ even though they are C$ -- thus every transaction is several % wrong, with the wrongness varying over time. an awful mess. does anyone know how to change the currency associated with a single BANK account? it's simple enough for an investment account or for indiv...

How do I change column widths within idividual tables on the same.
I'm using xl 2000. I want to place several tables on the same worksheet. Is it possible to change column widths of a table without affecting the column width of the other tables. Hi! If the tables are one on top of the other, no. Both column width and row height are constant for the entire column or row. A possible workaround would be to merge cells but that has disadvantages. Biff >-----Original Message----- >I'm using xl 2000. I want to place several tables on the same worksheet. Is >it possible to change column widths of a table without affecting the column...

changing qty in PO with SO commitment
I have PO committed to SO/back order, when vendor short shipped, in order to close the po and so, i have to either 1) cancel the remaining qty on both PO and SO or 2) change the order quantity to equal shipped quantity but, without uncommitting PO and SO, I can't do either. then, if I uncommit PO and SO, with partial quantity received already, I can't recommit them... Is there any solution to solve this problem? Any help/comment is highly appreciated, -- SmokyDuck Not sure I am following. When the vendor short-ship, GP will release 4 items on the SO when comm...

CRM 3.0
Hi, Does anyone know of version 3.0 will have cascading changes? What I mean is if you have an address change on an account and you need it to update all the contacts for that account. This can be important for large accounts with lots of contacts, especially if they move or have a name change after being bought out. Thanks! Shauna Shauna, we already developed an add-on for 1.2 which is now ready for 3.0. Cause we know that this is a main feature. Just send an email at steffen.klipfel@itvt.de. Steffen "Shauna Koppang" <ShaunaKoppang@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb ...

Excel claims exclusive file may have been changed on save
Every time I work with one particular spreadsheet, I get a dialog indicating that the file may have been changed by another user whenever I try to save the workbook. - I have exclusive access to this file. - I am the only person making changes to the file. - There are no macros in this workbook. - My machine checks out as free of viruses and spyware. - I am at my wits end! Have a look at this KB Article "The file may have been changed..." error when you save workbook to network server in Excel 2002 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=324491 Myrna Larson also rep...

Positioning a form on the screen
I would like to be able to position a form on the screen when the Access Window is minimized. I'm using the apiShowWindow to minimize the Access Window and the form has to be set to popup. You can't use DoCmd.MoveSize whent he Access window is minimized, right? Thanks sure was hoping that an expert would be able to answer this... anyone know how to position a popup form on the screen?? -- not in the Access window. "Simon" <Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B776F462-402E-4238-BA9B-5999F5512F71@microsoft.com... > sure was hoping th...

Changing the Menu position
Can any one help on this Hi, Thank u for the response. Let me tell u the need i want to move the position. My application is a dialog based, in which I load bit map and make the dialog a shaped one according to the bitmap shape. So when I load a Menu bar, it by default occupies the left top corner with the default window color, and the shape also is lost. So instead of that left top corner, If I can load the Menu bar lil bit down within the Bitmap shaped dialog, thats would have been good. So what u can suggest me for this. Thanks a lot for the response u giving Jowins >-----Original...

How to make universal changes to a whole range of cells and formulas?
I can't seem to figure out how to make global changes to a whol worksheet of formulas. Is it possible to make changes to all cells at once? For example, i it possible to make all references in cells absolute references at th same time? Also, I would like to copy a range of cells on one worksheet, "master" (with formulas that refer to another worksheet, worksheet1, for example to paste into another section of the same "master" worksheet, bu keeping the original formulas referring to the same cells on different worksheet, such as worksheet2. I would much apprecia...

How do i change my database to list view
How do you change the position of the field names in a database to the top, instead of the side. I need to change them from the side to the top. Copy and paste special and select transpose, this assumes you don't have more than 256 headers. It might be a good idea to paste into a new worksheet Regards, Peo Sjoblom "m" wrote: > How do you change the position of the field names in a database to the top, > instead of the side. I need to change them from the side to the top. > ...

Edit Item changes Prices bug
Hello all, I have some problem with I just added store to my RMS HQ about a month ago. The version I got this time is 1.3.1002. both HQ and StoreOp While I was using it up I found that the version I got was not the latest one and have a very serious bug. The problem is this. It changes price of item when I open another edit item window without closing the one before. It does it when I diable the price chaning privillege. I found this out after entering close to 9000 items. All the prices are quite messed up thanks to our staffs weird habit of clicking without thinking. I contacted MS a...

Word does not remember position of window
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have just installed office:mac 2008 on my new iMac. Exept, that Word does not remember the position of the window for allready saved documents, everything works OK. According to some comment I found in the forum, I edited a script to size and also position the active window. No problem with this script. At reopening the saved documentm the size of the window is correct but it is always positioned at the upper left corner. <br> All other office applications do remember the last position of the window. &l...

How change receipt text?
When we use the "read reciept function" in Outlook 2003 every recipient gets the message in Swedish since our Office Suite is in Swedish. The international customers don't know what the message is all about and gets confused. How do I change the text which is automatically displayed? ...

function tooltips
Hi - Are the function tooltips not available for functions in the Analysis ToolPak? They work on all of the built-in functions. Thanks for any info. G The tooltips don't appear, but you can press Ctrl+Shift + A after you type the first bracket, to see the arguments for the function. Gary wrote: > Hi - > > Are the function tooltips not available for functions in > the Analysis ToolPak? They work on all of the built-in > functions. Thanks for any info. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Thank you Debra. Tha...

Change Link Source
Is there a way to change the source of a link and not have the file take 5-10 minutes to update all the things that were changed. I wish to just change the links and then have it do a massive recalc afterwards. There are 10 or 15 links I have to update each month and it take 5 minutes after EACH change source is done. HELP!!! ...

Pivot Table
Hi Everyone, I just discover that I can use Pivot Table in Excel to help me manage me data easier in a table view format. However, since I'm new with this feature in Excel, I'm having a few questions: 1. I notice that Pivot Table doesn't allow me to delete the data directly in Pivot Table, but it does allow me to make changes to the data. I thing is I presume that Excel will make that changes that I made in Pivot Table to the original data sheet, but as I found out Excel doesn't do that. and I can't reverse the changes that I made in Pivot Table to the orig...