how to change the icon text

To all,

What event to I do to handle when my app get iconified? I Need to set the
window text for my icon differently than my app title bar text.
When I run my app, the window text for the app title bar is "foo", when the
user iconifies the app, I want the icon text to be "bar".

How do I do that?

Thanks for the help,

Reza

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Take a look at CWnd::OnSysCommand. SC_RESTORE and SC_MINIMIZE is what you
want to look for in this method.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

"reza razavipour" <rrazavipour@stbernard.com> wrote in message
> To all,
>
> What event to I do to handle when my app get iconified? I Need to set the
> window text for my icon differently than my app title bar text.
> When I run my app, the window text for the app title bar is "foo", when
the
> user iconifies the app, I want the icon text to be "bar".
>
> How do I do that?
>
> Thanks for the help,
>
> Reza

0
ajaykalra (6842)

Text objects
I am creating customer invoices using a query report. What is the best way to place text into the report that is not tied to a field? Examples of such text are: "Bill to:" and "Date." I tried using text boxes but, as usual, ran into problems. If I should use text boxes, how specically do I accomplish this for the text I am trying to insert? Thanks Do you mean that you want a text box with different values to appear in the report when you open it? If eg you want a filtered report to give the name of the customer it concerns, you can put a text box in it saying ...

Today's Total Change (but not a Q re mutual fund updates)
In M06, Portfolio Manager, the total shown at the bottom of view as Today's Total Change does not, in fact, reset to $0 at the start of each day. It keeps yesterday's value and, apparently, uses that value as the starting point for the next trading day's gain or loss. Right now, for instance, on Sunday, I'm looking at Friday's gain as Today's Total Change (TTC). If I am correct about this, is there a way to reset TTC to zero at the start of each trading day? Thank you. Dave M. re: "keeps yesterday's value and, apparently, uses that value as the starti...

a cell contains both text and number
how do i make a calculation if a cell has text and a number. Example the cell says "3 weeks" I want to calculate 3 weeks to read in the next column as "120 hours" =LEFT(A1,1)*1*40&" hours" Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "text and formulas" <text and formulas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8C17645-DAFF-455A-B144-5B936B97ADCE@microsoft.com... > how do i make a calculation if a cell has text and a number. Example the cell > says "3 weeks" I want to calculate 3 weeks to read in the next column as "120 &g...

I want a round invitation for a wedding shower with circle text
The invitation I found is a circle, with the invite going around the outside edge of the circle and more information inside that circle and it is also circular. It has a flower and brad in the middle. The instructions for it simply say, type text on computer, make circular by using WordArt feature. My computer is running on Vista operating system. I have a sample WordArt circle here http://msauer.mvps.org/wordart_in_microsoft_publisher.htm Scroll way down. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Kay-Kay" <Kay-Kay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Change background color of inbound email
In Outlook 2007, I have from left to right, Mail - shows all inbound, sent, and mail folders, the next is my inbox, and the third is the actual email being show that is highlighted in my inbox. My problem is that some email when it is displayed can not be seen due to colors. 90 percent of my email is fine, but some email I can not read because of the font color, or the background color. I want to know how do I change the background color, or font color of a displayed email? A quick trick is to click somewhere in that message and then press CTRL+A. The message will then be shown...

Extract phone number front block of text
I have a webpage that lists business names, address, phone number, etc. There is no definite pattern to how they entered the text. What I' like to do is something like.... -Search cell A1 for "-", return the 3 characters to the left of th "-".- In the next column do... -Search cell A1 for "-", return the 4 characters to the right of th "-".- Then I can concatenate the two and add in the area code. TIA guys/gals. PS. I tried searching but didn't know exactly what to search for an didn't get very far -- Tec ------------------------...

Auditing changes to distribution groups
Whenever I add or remove someone from a security group I can find a corresponding eventid between somewhere between # 620-640 with the change. I don't always see this for distribution groups. Sometimes there's no audit logging of these changes. Does anyone know under what event ID and where DL list changes are audit logged? ...

Where can I get more toolbar icons?
I want to assign a macro to a custom toolbar button. When I click Toolbars>Options>Customise>Commands>Macros I only get on custom button available (a yellow smiley face) How can I get a selection of buttons to choose from which I can add t my "personal.xls" workbook and assign various macros to? Any help would be appreciate -- peter_ac ----------------------------------------------------------------------- peter_act's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1459 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26225...

Text to columns #7
I have a worksheet that has the data in rows but I need them in columns. Is there a way that I can get the data to columns? ( example Rows 1,2,3 need to be Row 1 columns A, B C - Rows 4,5,6 need to be Row 2 columns A,B, C etc) hi, If i understand you correctly, i think you want to use the paste special - transposed. On the toolbar go Edit>PasteSpecial. in the dialog box(near the bottom on mine), check Transposed. This will paste data in rows into columns. Good luck FSt1 "jcross" wrote: > I have a worksheet that has the data in rows but I need them in columns. Is...

What converter do I need to change my QPW files to work in Excel 2
I had Quattro Pro (about 2003 -2004) on my computer when my hard drive crashed now I have Excel 2003. What converter do I need to change my QPW files to work in Excel 2003? puzzled Maybe the following will help....depending upon version of QP, I believe. You need the Quattro Pro convertors from MS. http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/results.aspx?Scope=DC&Query=quattro+pro Then read this from Jim Rech http://snipurl.com/cz3x Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 06:46:04 -0800, "puzzled" <puzzled @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I had Quattro Pro (about...

Exchange 2003 SP1 and OWA changes
I am yet to confirm the following in the lab but it appears to be correct. I have been using a single exchange 2003 server without sp1 in a mixed mode with exchange 5.5 in the lab and found that for users to access OWA one of the following conditions must be met along with the users mailbox residing on the 2003 server 1. One of their email domains must be present in the default recipient policy. 2. If none of their email address domains are present in the default policy then a new virtual directory for mailboxes must be present and assocciated with the smtp domain from a recipient po...

Merging text strings into a single cell
HELP!!!! I have created 2 separate columns of text data in a large spread sheet (over 600 rows of data). Now I need to merge the 2 columns together so that the text descriptions from each column are combined together into a single column. If the cells were numeric it would not be a problem (i.e. if C3 were the finished result I was looking for cell C3 would read "=A3+B3. Only problem is Excel simply tells me the formula is invalid because it's text data. Merging the cells of each row simply cuts the text off from the 2nd cell. How can this problem be resolved????? Hi you'...

Outlook 2000 attachments become embedded in text as gibberish! Please help!
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????= ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????= ???????????????????????????????????????????????>?????????????????????????= ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????= ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????= ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????= ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????= ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????...

Customer Level Prices Changing After Additional Items Added to A Sale
Hello Ladies & Gents, Here's something wierd I have come across. If you define price levels for an item and then on the POS select a customer with a corresponding level and ring up that item, the item will show up with the level price and the bold font. However, if you ring up additional items that don't have price levels defined, the the price of the first item goes back to regular and the font changes back to normal! However, if you ring up all your items first and then select the customer, then items with price levels will be adjusted accordingly. Obviously, this is not...

3.0 Lastname change ???
I made a new user and then changed the way it show lastname name to name lastname. How can I get the first user to be in this format ? Jack Can I just change the full name for the user en the table for systemusers ??? There hasn't been created other things than this user in the system ? "Jack" <jackdSPAM@jackd.dk> skrev i en meddelelse news:OUjgKfOeGHA.3388@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I made a new user and then changed the way it show lastname name to name >lastname. > > How can I get the first user to be in this format ? > > Jack > You can...

internet options change and ie 8
i have ie 8 and have noticed that my internet options icon changes and im wondering what that means. the icon is a globe type image and then for some reason not of my doing (as far as i know) it changes and has a white square in front of the globe and the square has a check mark on it. its probably not a big deal but im just curious what it is doing and what it means. thank you in advance. kf. "kf" <kf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F1B7252-67A7-4BEF-8BB6-983C8B8C2026@microsoft.com... > i have ie 8 and have noticed that my internet o...

how would i change default user name all excel files
I am doing a learn direct course and had to use the help facility with question; Find out how you would change the default user name for all excel files. If somebody could help please email me on georginacambridg@aol.com Tools|Options|General Tab and modify the "user name" box learner wrote: > > I am doing a learn direct course and had to use the help facility with > question; > Find out how you would change the default user name for all excel files. > If somebody could help please email me on georginacambridg@aol.com -- Dave Peterson ...

Convert Text to DATE #3
Hello all, I hope you can help with a problem we have in the office. We've got over 4,500 observations which are supposed to be in Date Format. Instead they are in text format, e.g. "01.06.2005 08:26" or just "09.03.2005" but we need to perform various duration calculations on them, so we need them in the Date Format I tried Format Cells-> Category = Date, but it doesn't work. It works however when I enter the cell and then click "Enter". very strange Please help if you have an idea how to do it... Thank you very much Try =DATEVALUE(SUBSTITU...

Changing producet key in RMS
I input the incorrect product key while installing RMS on a client (I have mutiple clients and just input the wrong one). I would like to change the key to the correct one. How do I do this easily? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0576_01C7B447.A8CDDD50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Richard, Either hand the Product ID sheet to the other client or put in the = correct Product ID and when the other is installed, they will have to = call for a different Product ID. Product ID's are NOT...

How do I change my email address for Office Online?
How do I change my email address for Office Online? ...

How do I change
When typing long text into the cell page break is not dividing it, so as a result only part of text is printed out. Changing the column width of is not the option. How I can change the default maximum row height (409 points to the larger number, and how I could devide cell with the page break? ...

Changing cost on IMC
Hi, I have recently joined my E2K3 to my existing Exch 55 site. both Exchange servers has IMC installed. I have changed the cost of the Exch 55 to cost 99 in the Address Space tab and hoping all outgoing email will send through the E2K3 IMC. But for users on the Exch 55, emails still going out through the Exch 55 IMC instead of the E2K3 IMC. Am I missing something here ? How can I make sure and confirm external emails will sent through the E2K3 IMC ? ps. I have waited 1 day. TIA Steven This may help: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883407/ -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com...

Distributing Changes in Workbook
Hi, This is a newbie question. Suppose a worksheet has been developed and it was distributed to a number of people who have been entering data into their own copies of the workbook. If a change is made in the 'master' worksbook to VBA code or a cell formula to fix a problem, what is the best way to distribute the VBA / formula changes to the different users while allowing them to keep the data in their copies of the workbook? I hope this question makes sense. TIA! This sounds like a good reason to distribute the VBA code as a separate workbook (as an Addin). Then you could just...

Changing Uppercase to Lowercase
I have been supplied a huge Excel file, but all the text has been entered as CAPS. Is there anyway in Excel that you can change this to Upper and Lowercase or just lowercase would do. I am using Excel 2000 on an XP PC. Any help would be gratefully received. You have to use helper columns and the built-in functions Proper or Lower to do that or... The free Excel add-in "Excel Extras" will do that. It has upper, lower, proper and sentence case options added to the format menu. Does other stuff too. Download from... http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware -- Jim Cone S...

How to change default date formula on Excel worksheet
Excel 2007 Want to change the default formula for date on worksheet. Currently any date input auto displays as "17-Apr" for example. I know how to format to display 4/17/2010, but want this as default when I open the worksheet. In excel 2003 it was easy set up in "Options" in 2007, I can't seem to figure how to set this default. Advises please Change it Windows CP, Regional & Language Options. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "alexanderoux" <alexanderoux@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E394AB6-C944-4...