How to change menu text font for MDI app?

  I have a MDI app written in MFC. I need to change font for main frame, menu
text, status text, and child frame. What is the best way to enumerate through
all those controls/frame windows to change font?
  Thanks.

Michael
0
Michael5492 (655)
8/2/2005 7:18:01 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I would have them each change their own fonts in response to a broadcasted
message.

http://www.codeproject.com/docview/Broadcaster.asp

I am assuming that this happens after all the objects have already been
created (or else you would have been doing this in the initialization code
of each class), so if is because of a user setting, I would save the
setting, then broadcast a WMU_SETTINGCHANGED message.

And by the way the menu and status bar should be handled by the main frame

AliR.

"Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>   I have a MDI app written in MFC. I need to change font for main frame,
menu
> text, status text, and child frame. What is the best way to enumerate
through
> all those controls/frame windows to change font?
>   Thanks.
>
> Michael

0
AliR3470 (3235)
8/2/2005 7:25:26 PM
> I have a MDI app written in MFC. I need to change font for main frame, menu
> text, status text, and child frame. What is the best way to enumerate through
> all those controls/frame windows to change font?

Its not clear about what font you want to change for child frame. You
need to go to each window and change the font of its children using
EnumChildWindows/SetFont.

Menu does not work this way. You will need to owner draw these. Here
are the gory details for menu:
http://www.microsoft.com/msj/0198/coolmenu.aspx.

---------
Ajay Kalra
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
ajaykalra (6842)
8/2/2005 7:32:41 PM
Use SystemParametersInfo for non client area font (Title bar, menu, status
bar ...)

"Michael" wrote:

>   I have a MDI app written in MFC. I need to change font for main frame, menu
> text, status text, and child frame. What is the best way to enumerate through
> all those controls/frame windows to change font?
>   Thanks.
>
> Michael
0
ifi (7)

changing outlook server
I recently changed jobs. I'm wondering what the best way is to reconfigure outlook to point to the new exchange server and mailbox without wiping out all the data I have in my current mailbox. I don't necessarily need access to it any time soon, I just don't want to lose the content in case I ever need to search or reference anything. Any pointers on the best way to do this? I assume perhaps backup the PST file (or is it OST, been a while) and start from scratch? If it's not already in a .PST file I'd export it to a PST file right away -- just to be safe. Then co...

Is it possible to change primary key
During the form customization, a primary key (field) can not be removed or moved to another column. So is it possible to change primary field in a table? Thanks, no...not in the CRM tables. "Gulsah Safsoy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1bb1001c42133$0574dcd0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > During the form customization, a primary key (field) can > not be removed or moved to another column. So is it > possible to change primary field in a table? > > Thanks, > ...

column width changes
I have two seperate workbooks (Excel 2000)with exact same formatting. I save them as Excel 97 formats for use by colleague with older version of Excel. One workbook is okay but other will have one column width reduced, which causes cell to display ####. I've compared the workbooks one for one and cannot locate the problem. Any help? The first question I have is what's in that cell? Is it a date? Excel picks up several date formats from windows regional settings. For example, if you format as m/d/y and I use mm/dd/yyyy as my windows (8 digits and 2 slashes). If you use m/d/yy,...

How can you customize the left Menu?
Hi all, I would like to display only "Opportunity" in the "Sales" area. How can do that? Thanks in advance. Alan Alan, I know you can add items to the menu through the ISV config option. If you can't remove items you may have to develop a small application to just show the opportunities. Calvin Luttrell How e-commerce is done. http://blog.projectthunder.com http://www.projectthunder.com "Alan" <Alan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:77D317F7-3065-47F3-9031-DF83A64EA9AA@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > > I would like to dis...

Text box
I want to add a text box for a email address at the begining of my all my text boxes. The Email address must be inserted into the 1st text box before anyother text box can be completed. I am using MS FrontPage 2003. If you are using the standard FrontPage Form Field validation, the best you can do is to require that they enter something in the field before the form is submitted. Right-click the email one-line text box and select 'Form Field Validation'. Check the 'Data Length' 'Required' checkbox. -- ~ Kathleen Anderson Microsoft MVP - Expression...

change worksheet data without changing chart
I am attempting to create a scatter plot chart in Excel that will not get modified each time I sort my Excel worksheet. Does anybody know how to "lock" the chart or export it so that it is no longer linked to the worksheet? Thanks!!! Here's how to unlink a chart from its data: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/DelinkChartData.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ shelly wrote: > I am attempting to create a scatter plot chart in Excel > that will not ge...

Why is it defaulting to plain text for replies and forwards?
All of a sudden, my Outlook is set whereby all replies and forwards open in plain text, even though when I compose a new e-mail it opens in HTML. ...

Converting variable text strings to numeric
I've imported some word tables into excel, the 'numbers' have spaces instead of commas and consequently are read as text. The 'numbers' vary from single integer to millions For example 1 101 335 293 207 23 113 101 19 While I can use the left, mid and right functions for the millions that formula is unworkable for other numbers. Any ideas, or do I have to get a VB programmer to write a function for me? Hi! Try using Find/Replace Select the range Goto Edit>Replace Find What: enter a space by hitting the space bar Replace With: nothing...

"Thickening" text
I am using Access 2003. I created a form for my database to edit/enter new data. Within the form, I inserted a tab control box with three pages, and within each tab page, there are various fields and labels. My problem happens when I open the form in Form View and scroll through the records. As I scroll, the text in the labels gradually "thickens", to the point where it appears to be in bold and is difficult to read. What is strange about this problem is that 1) it only occurs on the second and third tab pages (not the first), 2) it only happens with True Type fonts in ...

How to change transparency of series
Do you know how to use the transparency button in Format data series->Patterns->Fill Effects->Gradient? I found the button in it is grey. Hi, Transparency is not available in older versions of windows xl, pre 2007. For a work around http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip071.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Christine Ma" <ChristineMa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA965B33-F7DF-4657-AFCE-47887D248DFC@microsoft.com... > Do you know how to use the transparency button in Format data > series->P...

2 Subforms, can't change link fields for one
I have two subforms on my main form. The second is a copy of the first, but I want to link it to separate fields on the main form. When I open the main form in design view, the first subform shows in design view, but the second is just a blank control. The controlsource field is set to the same as the first. When I try to change the link child/master fields, it says: "The expression you entered refers to an object that is closed or doesn't exist." and blanks it out. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, =Ray= ...

Protected worksheet allowed to change ONLY font color
Is there a way to have a protected worksheet where users are allowed ONLY to change font color in a cell. The option to format cells under "protect sheet" allows too many abilities to the user. I am using Excel 2003. ...

How do I allow users to change there password through OWA.
Our password change policy can cause users not to be able to logon to OWA. What steps need to be take to allow password changes through OWA. I have read KB article 297121 but I was hoping for a quick 1.2.3, explanation too. Thanks, Mike I could probably give you a quicker 1-2-3 explanation, but it would only be quicker for you. It would take me a very long time. Sorry. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Brillmike" <brillmike@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:58068C12-D0E4-45A4-8F42-4B96A0715BF0@microsoft.com......

Default Change Tender
When we are using the POS occassionally the system defaults the change tender to cheque or credit card, and I have checked that it is setup to be cash and reindexed the database and this still keeps happening ! any suggestions please !!!! hi kirsten, check out the display order of your tender type... :) make the cash as first to be display..so that if your cashier, will just hit enter without looking where the cursor parks 2 tender screen...your sure that it goes to cash always. Hope it help :) "Kirsten" wrote: > When we are using the POS occassionally the system defaul...

How do I change a Chart's axis scale from visual basic?
How do I change a Chart's (that is on a worksheet) x-axis scale from visual basic? The following only works when the chart has its own sheet/tab. With Charts("Chart1").Axes(xlCategory) .MinimumScale = 740.25 .MaximumScale = 746.25 End With If it is located within a worksheet how do you reference it? Hi, Some more like this for chartobject, With ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Chart.Axes(xlCategory) .MinimumScale = 740.25 .MaximumScale = 746.25 End With Cheers Andy jfiorillo wrote: > How do I change a Chart's (that is on a worksheet) ...

[vba-newbie] testing cell text for specific characters?
I would like to test the text value of a cell to determine if i includes a certain string of characters and set a variable to true whe appicable. In other words, something like this (unknown method in human syntax an italics) : -If Range["A1"] text string includes 'thisText' Then- boolVariableName = True End If Is there a built -in way to do this with VBA? I'm sure there is, but haven't been able to locate the appropriate funtion in the help files this forum, or via google. Can anyone assist -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way: boolVar...

Font Colors with headers and Footers
Is there a way to change the font colors for headers and footers in excell? Thanks, Scott In article <C87229DB-B570-4EEE-9E2D-8BE6F68BC345@microsoft.com>, "sip8316" <sip8316@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to change the font colors for headers and footers in excell? No. ...

How can I change a .pub to .JPG
I created a business card on Publisher 2000. How can I send the image to others on Outlook Express so anyone can open it?? How do I change from a ..pub to a .jpg format?? Select all the objects, copy, paste into Paint, save as. In Paint, on the toolbar, Image, attributes, select inches, input 3.5 x 2. Or you could send as a PDF. There are free converters around such as: http://www.primopdf.com/ -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Steamtown Pete" <Steamtown Pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

How to change column titles from numbers to letters.
The columns are labeled in numbers. How do I change this to letters. mdb60575 schreef: > The columns are labeled in numbers. How do I change this to letters. Tools > Options > General > switch off R1C1 reference style Bart Snel Tools>Options>General Deselect R1C1 reference style -- ERR229 "mdb60575" wrote: > The columns are labeled in numbers. How do I change this to letters. Hi, Go to Tools>Options>General>unselect "R1C1 reference style" HT -- Case ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Casey'...

How do i change the cells in a column at the same time in Excell?
Christar, You post is way thin on details and to insure you get some goo feedback, it is important to take the time to be a specific as possibl about what you want to happen. That being said; here is an example of changing an entire column' formatting.. If you want to apply the same formatting to all the cells in a column click on the column letter A,B,C........, you will notice that th entire column is highlighted. Now, go straight to Format>Cells an begin selecting the formatting changes you would like. These change will be applied to the entire selected column. Hopes this helps, ...

Need help with changing multiple page fields. #2
I have found some code on the web that will allow me to link pivot table menus together. This way if I have three tables all based on the same info and say change the date in one, the date changes in all of them. I have tested out the code and it works well but... when I pull data from an outside source the code fails because it can not find the data fields. Is it possible to link related pivot table fields using an outside data source like SQL? The code I am using is listed below and this is the link from where I got the code from. It's a great site. Change Multiple Page Fields -- C...

how can I set default font color in publisher
I change the font color, save the file and then the color reverts back to what Publisher 2007 wants it to be. I've just changed from 03 -07 and am not thrilled at the moment. It's a bigger learning curve, but even with that - no program should override my saved changes. Any help out there? I even created a color scheme, applied that and it still changes my color font. :-( When you created the color scheme did you change the Main? Did you save the scheme? I am not experiencing your problem. Is your Publisher 2007 a trial? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http...

How do I set up a text insert?
Hi We are fairly new outlook users running acting agency. We want to know how you set something up so that when emailing appointments to people we can just insert the following text TIME: PLACE: DATE: Good luck! I was shown how to do this but have since forgotton. Can anyone help?? Thanks You can use templates for this such as Quick Parts or AutoText. For details see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/messagetemplates.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, A...

Text Object Model
Hi All, Has anyone out there used the "Text Object Model"? If so, can you help me get started in using it? Where on MSDN are examples or what do I need to start? Thanks Larry The next question (should have had this in the original!) Can the TOM be used like the Rich Edit Control? Thanks Again Larry "Larry J. Siddens" <lsiddens@noSpamHere.com> wrote in message news:ufbPT1LaDHA.2648@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > Has anyone out there used the "Text Object Model"? If so, can you help me > get started in using it? Where on MSDN are...

Point to resources in a MFC app
Hi everyone, I've this problem: This is my code in "OnPaint" class of my app: m_hBitmap = (HBITMAP)LoadImage(GetModuleHandle(NULL), "Image.bmp", IMAGE_BITMAP, 0, 0, LR_LOADFROMFILE); Yes I know that is not very elegant, but I can't really change this lines of code. My problem is to change the "Image.bmp" pointer (it point to an image located in the same folder of the app) to another that point to an image located into resources (IDB_BITMAP1). I've tryed the res:\ protocol (".\\res\\Image.bmp" but I know that image is know as ".\...