How to change font color of a text

hello,
i am working with vc++ MFC.i am dealing with the changing of font and color
of the text in a file. so i need some help in implementing this.
Thanks in advance.
yours,
Siva Prasad.M

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

To change the text color, you will need to change it for the control that is
displaying text.  Depending upong the control, you can use OnCtlColor to
change the background/foreground color etc. To change font, you can use
SetFont() on the control.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

"Siva Prasad" <siva.almighty@gmail.com> wrote in message
> hello,
> i am working with vc++ MFC.i am dealing with the changing of font and
color
> of the text in a file. so i need some help in implementing this.
> Thanks in advance.
> yours,
> Siva Prasad.M

0
ajaykalra (6842)

Changing RecordSource Causes A Reload of Sub Form Destroying References
Apologies for posting in two newsgroups but after I originally posted it in forms I realized this should have been posted here (formscoding) instead. Access 2007 This only happens on some machines. It has occurred on a PC running Windows XP SP3 and a MAC running Windows. I have been unable to reproduce it on other PCs running Windows XP SP3, Vista or Windows 7. On the machines that have the problem it always occurs. I have a form with a sub form control. The control's SourceObject is changed depending on the function required. On the forms that is used in the control is a...

Link in Text box
I have text box links to data in the worksheet in 2003. When I open the file in 2007 the links do not update. How can I get 2007 to automatically update the text boxes without reestablishing the links? ...

How to do evevet that triggers when a textbox value is changes
Hi I would like to know how to make event that trigger when a textbox (Unbound) changes. For example I have a textbox unbound with the value for example 999 and when the value have changed then event needs to be triggered. Thanks While the BeforeUpdate event doesn't work for unbound controls, the AfterUpdate one does. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Chipcom" <bz1977@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1193765222.443627.8450@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com... > Hi > > I would like to know how to make event that t...

Sheet Retains Deleted Text Box Contents on HTML Export
My apologies if this situation has popped up before and been answered... I have an Excel 2002 workbook of some 15 worksheets. When I first created it, I used text boxes as footers -- each sheet was no longer than a page when printed, so one text box per worksheet was enough, and the use of text boxes allowed me to see the footer information without invoking the print preview. Later, I deleted all the text boxes and used the custom footer option instead. Recently, when saving those sheets as HTML files, I found that the data that had been in those text boxes was appearing in the HTML c...

New Section break changes prior formatting
When I enter a new section after a break if I center a line all text in that section centers. If I format for "justify" the pictures in the prior sections also go to the left of the page. Which version of Word? frustrated wrote: >When I enter a new section after a break if I center a line all text in that >section centers. If I format for "justify" the pictures in the prior >sections also go to the left of the page. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-word-general/201001/1 ...

How to track "Keep the Change" from B of A?
Hello, I have a Bank of America checking and savings with the Keep the Change feature, where my debit card charges are rounded up to the next dollar, with the difference being deposited into my savings. What type of category should I place this in? I would just list it as a transfer, but when my accounts update online, it places a charge on the checking and a deposit on the savings account. What is the best way to list this to keep track of the savings properly? Thanks for any help! In microsoft.public.money, Will wrote: > >I have a Bank of America checking and savings with ...

Removing Spaces from Text #2
Thanks Andy! It worked like a dream. Satyajit Thanks for the feedback! -- Andy. "Satyajit Bhagwat" <satyajit@team-infinity.com> wrote in message news:ep9WdFJdEHA.2520@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Thanks Andy! > > It worked like a dream. > > Satyajit > > ...

Automated changes of Outlook contact fields
What software / utilities / code etc. are available that would allow me to adjust some existing data in my Outlook 2003 contacts? For example, I have many "web page address" fields that need to be changed from e.g. http://subway.com to http://www.subway.com and also many "city" fields that need to be capitalized e.g los angeles to Los Angeles. Thanks in advance for any replies, Miner2049er. After some research, I believe I have to write a Visual Basic script to do this. Not knowing that language, does anybody know of a script that can do what I'm asking, or at l...

how do I change the default font in publisher 2003
I need to change the default font in Publisher 2003 from New Times Roman. I tire from changing the font every time I create anything new. >-----Original Message----- >I need to change the default font in Publisher 2003 from New Times Roman. I >tire from changing the font every time I create anything new. >. > I know they are four-letter words, but "read" and "help" should become your mainstays. Choose Help and search for "default font" The answer that you are looking for is the first listed and just waiting for you to read it. Chuck Davis &l...

how do i make font longer? as in top to bottom
i want to stretch my fonts down the page without making them wider? is that possible In a text box? Can you explain a bit fuller on what you are trying to do? WordArt can stretch vertically. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "velvety thunder" <velvetythunder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A12905B8-AECB-410B-8882-346809EAE89A@microsoft.com... >i want to stretch my fonts down the page without making them wider? is that > possible The font is fixed for a specific size. You migh...

change language
Hi experts how can I change defult language(EN) a textbox in an userform to another language(ARABIC) and It back to defult in the next textbox by using VBA. Thanks in advance ...

Change Exchange server via scripting
We are going to be migrating our exchange server to another machine as part of an upgrade. Is it possible to change the users' account setup from one server to the next via a login script, or does anyone know another way to do it other than visiting each machine. Thanks, Brad Depending on the details of the migration, you might not need to do = anything at all, or this tool might be handy: = http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=3D56F45AC3-448F-= 4CCC-9BD5-B6B52C13B29C&displaylang=3Den --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 ...

Firing Change event from popup form
Hello, This code is on the AfterUpdate event of a list box on a popup form. Private Sub Company_AfterUpdate() Dim frm As Form Set frm = Forms![LoadSheetsMain]![LoadSheetsST].Form frm.Controls(OpenArgs) = Me.ActiveControl End Sub It assignes a value to a textbox on the calling form. I need to fire the change event of that textbox, but don't know the method. Thanks for any help. God Bless, Mark A. Sam The change event of the textbox must be Public. You can then call it from a different control or form: Forms!FormName.PublicSub Mark A. Sam wrote: >Hello, > >Th...

Button caption texts disappears after changing to Theme Windows XP
Hi, I have a simple dialog just for inputting text. This dialog has a input field, and OK Cancel button. In windows classic theme, everything is OK, but if the windows theme is changed to Windows XP, the texts on OK and Cancel buttons just disappear. The dialog's title is still there, BTW. What could be the reason? Thanks. To help your analysis, I give my codes here: #include "WhiteboardTextEntryDialog.h" #include "ComponentsID.h" #include "Data/ResourcesManager.h" BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(WhiteboardTextEntryDialog, SkinDialog) ON_BN_CLICKED( IDOK, onOKButto...

Office 2004 security/stability update to 11.3.4 Feb 13 changes Word version
The only difference I can find is that the version number for Word has changed from 11.3.3 to 11.3.4. Entourage and Excel remain at 11.3.3. So far, all three components play nice with OS 10.4.8 on a Dual G5 2.0 I ran the updater from the Entourage/Help/Check for Updates pulldown menu. No permissions problems were found after the update. Respectfully, Norm The 11.3.4 update is a security update and it affects three specific components of Microsoft Office 2004: Microsoft Word 2004 is updated, as are the Junk E-Mail Protection and Microsoft Component Plugin files (both of which are in Appl...

Changing Transfer Category
Money 2002 Basic. I cannot find a way to change transfer transactions back to simple payment types en mass. For example, a number of transfers to a credit card account from a bank account. Can this be done via find and replace? Thanks You might want to try that. "Roger" <hansonrj@surewest.net> wrote in message news:eheQ8eTqDHA.964@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Money 2002 Basic. I cannot find a way to change transfer transactions back > to simple payment types en mass. For example, a number of transfers to a > credit card account from a bank account. Can this be done vi...

Is it possible to assign fonts using formular?
I have a formular: =REPT("|",(VLOOKUP($E$4,SummaryTable,6,FALSE)/200))& " " & VLOOKUP($E$4,SummaryTable,6,FALSE) but I need to change the font of the 2nd "VLOOKUP($E$4,SummaryTable,6,FALSE)" section. Is this possible to do? A formula can only return a result to the cell. It cannot modify anything else, including formatting. If you manually format part of a cell's content, that formatting will be deleted when the formula is recalculated. Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP 1998 - 2010 Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpears...

What is the box character in a text field and how do I replace it?
I have a text\memo filed that has a box charter(s) in it. I do not remember if it is a carriage return or whatever. Whats is the character and how do I replace it? Thanks Dave On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 06:46:01 -0700, Dave <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a text\memo filed that has a box charter(s) in it. I do not remember >if it is a carriage return or whatever. Whats is the character and how do I >replace it? > >Thanks > >Dave You'll need to find out what it is. My guess is that it's a linefeed Chr(10) - it wouldn...

change date formatting
I'm using mail merge in publisher and accessing data in access. However the data in access in showing one date format (english NZ) my regional settings are showing as (english NZ) but when the data is mailmerged into publisher it changes to a US format 10/22/05 instead of 22/10/05. I can't figure out why. If I do the same mailmerge in Office it keeps the correct format which leads me to believe its a setting in publisher but I can't seem to figure it out. HELP PLEASE!!! If you have the dates already in place in Access, changing the field to text might be the solution. Don...

How to change the row height of CListCtrl?
Dear all, Is there any method to change the row height of CListCtrl? I've looked into the ListCtrl style LVS_OWNERDRAWFIXED, through which I can get message WM_MESUREITEM from the control and then change the row height. But it is for all Items! How can I set a CListCtrl's items with different row height? Or how can I implement the behaviour of LBS_OWNERDRAWVARIABLE style CListBoxCtrl in CListCtrl? Rgds, Marco ...

Default email text size?
Outlook & Word 2003. I have Word set as my email editor. When I click for a new email it starts with a default font sized of 10. How do I change to a larger default? Word is set to default to size 12 and does this when it is started independently but when it comes up for emails it is 10. Thanks in advance... Bob Bob, Just open a new e-mail (blank) and click on Tools>Options>General>E-mail Options>Personal Stationery. Under the heading "New E-mail Messages" click Font. Then make your selections as to size, color, font,etc. Then just click OK to back your...

How to change the color of the series markers from yellow to Black
Hello I have a chart with 3 series on it. Every point of one series is represented by a blue square. Every point of another series is a yellow triangle. Every point of the third series is a red circle. Is it possible to change all of the colors to black? Thank you! Sorry, I have just figured this out. "Sam" wrote: > Hello > > I have a chart with 3 series on it. Every point of one series is > represented by a blue square. Every point of another series is a yellow > triangle. Every point of the third series is a red circle. Is it possible > to chan...

Changing Document Icons
Hi- I've edited the document icon in my MFC program. It works fine in the program, but the file icon in the File Explorer Shell never changes. I've checked my file in Resource Hacker and everything is fine. But I still get the old icon when I save a document. How can I force the shell to use my new document icon? -spencer Make sure that you have change the Icon for all the sizes and color combinations. In the resource editor, open the icon, on the menu there should be an Image menu. At the very bottom it will let you see all the Devices, and it will let you select, add, and...

How do I change my SQL Box without disturbing the CRM application?
This is CRM 4 application. The databases "MSCRM_CONFIG" and "<ORGANISATION>_MSCRM" are hosted on SQL Server Box SQL A. CRM Server is hosted on a different box CRM A. The SQL A box failed and I have the backup of the databases. I now want to restore the databases on the box SQL B without reinstalling or disturbing the CRM Server. What would be the best process to get CRM application up and running within a short time? Looking forward to your advise. Hi Badri; Here's the official article on how to move your databases: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952934 And h...

POP Incoming Server changes to "localhost"
Periodically and without apparent cause, the settings for my POP3 server get changed from "incoming.verizon.net" to "localhost", and my user name is changed from "jg70124" to "jg70124/incoming.verizon.net". Whenever this happens, I am not able to send mail - Outlook reports that the server has rejected by user ID. I then must manually change the settings back. Any ideas? (Outlook 2002, SP2, Windows XP). It's usually the e-mail scanning function of an anti-virus program that causes this (it could also be a proxy server). Try temporarily disabl...