How to Burn DVD using VC++ 6.0

I am writing an application to burn DVDs using Visual C++.
Is there any way to burn a DVD using Visual C++ 6.0
EnterPrise Edition? I have a DVD-R media to burn. What I
need to do is to first format them so that they can fit
any data and then burn them with data from my harddisk.
How can this be done? Are there any functions to do that?
I know of mciSendCommand and DeviceIoControl. Can DVD
burning be accomplished by using these 2 functions? If so
can you just briefly go over the procedure involved(i.e..,
what functions do I need to use for the important steps
involved) to burn a DVD given that I have a DVD-R and data
to be burnt in my hard disk.

Can anyone help me?
Thanks a Lot...

0
skp_80 (2)
7/2/2003 11:32:24 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

The real solution to your problem is going to be to acquire a library (third
party) which would let you do such a thing.  There are no API's or anything
at all that I'm aware of that will let you do such a thing natively to the
language, operating system or implementation.  'Writing a dvd' is dependent
on a process, not so much a magical api or set of commands.  Usually the
things that allow the writing of a dvd rom occur at a very low level,
probably assembler- and if not, a deep knowledge of the specific hardware
has to be known- and then an interface to a given language or environment is
created, and encapsulated in some object which does the writing for you.

However, after writing the above, I did a little google search: writing to a
dvd c++ and lo and behold, I found this:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/archive/default.asp?url=/archive/en-us/dx81_c/dire
ctx_cpp/htm/writingadvdapplicationinc.asp

A little article from microsoft called 'writing a dvd application in c++'.
So slather me up in butter and call me a biscuit.  There ya go!

Paul

Krishna Seetharaman <skp_80@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I am writing an application to burn DVDs using Visual C++.
> Is there any way to burn a DVD using Visual C++ 6.0
> EnterPrise Edition? I have a DVD-R media to burn. What I
> need to do is to first format them so that they can fit
> any data and then burn them with data from my harddisk.
> How can this be done? Are there any functions to do that?
> I know of mciSendCommand and DeviceIoControl. Can DVD
> burning be accomplished by using these 2 functions? If so
> can you just briefly go over the procedure involved(i.e..,
> what functions do I need to use for the important steps
> involved) to burn a DVD given that I have a DVD-R and data
> to be burnt in my hard disk.
>
> Can anyone help me?
> Thanks a Lot...

Dear Paul,
    Thanks for your reply.  I guess there should be some
way using MFC in C++ to do this.  I don't know but I feel
so.  Are you sure that using the commands mciSendCommand()
or DeviceIoControl() we cannot accomplish this task?

    Anyway, thanks for your response..

krishna.

No Schema Manager in Deployment Manager 3.0
Folks I've got a weird one - I can't find Schema Manager! My Deployment Manager has 3 nodes - Server Manager, License Manager & User Manager. Has this moved in 3.0? Cheers Hany Answered my own question - Settings | Customisation | <<Entity>> | Attributes Interesting - does that mean that some of colleagues get a change of job title - Attribute Administrators? ;-) "Electronic Workplace" <info@electronicworkplace.losethisbit.com> wrote in message news:u4yH0xj8FHA.4036@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Folks > > I've got a weird one - I ...

Catalog merge prints a '0' instead of my merged text
When using Publisher 2007 catalog merge with an excel data source, some of my merged fields print as 0 instead of the source text. My excel spreadsheet column(s) are formatted as 'text'. The merging problem seems to occur when I have numbers in the excel column, particularly if the excel cell contains somethink like '10" to 20". I have tried using the single quote in excel field to designate the entry as text with no success. Any ideas? It seems to me you can format the field as text without the quote. I advise folks that use zip codes that start with a zero to f...

Not allow entering repeated references in a column
Frank, Sorted! :) :) :) ... sth was missing (<) The formula to be used is =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$25,A1)<=1 and NOT =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$25,A1)=1 ... little things make the difference, isn�t it ;) ? Thank you very much for your support and your time. Ritinh -- ritinh ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ritinha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1566 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27195 ...

CD/DVD can't "see" CDs after Windows Vista update (KB973917)
Ever since this update installed, my CD/DVD drive does not see any CD or DVD I put in the drive. I have looked for an updated driver and have the most recent driver. I have uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it, both with and without shutting down the laptop and starting it up again. Device Manager says the device is working properly, which it clearly isn't. I am wondering if I should uninstall the update. Lisa This sometimes happens Go into the Registry and search for Upper and Lower Filters. When found delete both of them. Close out and Save and then reboot. ...

referencing another sheet and using auto fill
Hi there. I'm trying to create a summary sheet to summarise data from 12 sheets (jan to dec). I have 84 lines each with a member of staff and I need to produce a table with the totals of thei leave in each month. Each seperate month sheet has 84 lines and a total for each person already on it. I need to end up with something like this on the summary sheet: jan feb mar etc total peter's leave totals for month and year: 3 4 1 8 john's leave totals for month and year: 7 2 3 ...

Income Tax using US Tax System Excel WorkBook
Hello, I am looking for Excel Template to calculate Tax using US tax brackets. Can anyone please post a link for it. I have looked up cannot find it on web. Someone got it? Please post a link or webaddress if you got any idea. Thanks. Here's a couple of possibilities (?) http://www.dotxls.com/free-templates/ http://www.dotxls.com/free-templates/165/free-2007-excel-tax-forms-for-april-2008-filing "BetaDocuments" wrote: > Hello, I am looking for Excel Template to calculate Tax using US tax > brackets. Can anyone please post a link for it. I have looked up > ca...

matching full name to 'two column' name using sumproduct
Assume your names in Sheet1 are in column A, the dates are in column D, and the values you want to add are in column F. Further assume that the target_name in this_sheet is in A2. Try this formula in a cell in this_sheet: =SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet1!A2:A100=A2),--(MONTH(Sheet1!D2:D100)=4),Sheet1! F2:F100) This formulae works very well (thanks to Pete for his help), however I need to use the same formulae to match the name in A2 to a spreadsheet that has the name to be matched to in two columns (first name (col A), last name (Col B). I currently use the following to match names i...

How to switch off Outlook2003 out-going warning messages? (Or get Access to use a different email client??)
Outlook2003 + Access2003 under WindowsXP Pro Hi We have a customer list of over 20,000. We are trying to use Access to generate emails in Outlook. The problem we have is that Outlook doesn't like having other programs in this case Access generating AND SENDING emails. It generates a warning message for each and EVERY email saying: "A program is trying to automatically send emails on your behalf" ... "do you want to allow this - it may be a virus" i.e. If we are to sent out 20,000 emails we'd have to click "...

using depreciation as fixed assets setup
Hello: Instead of typing in the YTD and LTD amounts in the Asset Book window when you are first setting up fixed assets, can you not simply run the depreciation routine and have GP fill in these amounts automatically? Are there any "downfalls" behind doing so? childofthe1980s You might not get the same results if the existing amounts were calculated by hand, Excel, or another fixed assets program. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your gptip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com I've got to go with Fran...

outlook 2003 and lotus organizer 6
does anyone lnow if lotus organizer6 data files (.or6) can be imported directly into outlook 2003. I have Outlook 2002, which can only import Lotus Organizer 5 (.or5) files. thanks Outlook 2003 has the same options as 2002. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, steve asked: | does anyone lnow if lotus organizer6 data files (.or6) | can be imported direct...

Business portal for Great Plains Version 8.0
is their Business portal is available for great plains version 8.0? Yes 2.5 or 2.7. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Fahim AmirAli" wrote: > is their Business portal is available for great plains version 8.0? ...

Report Builder 1.0 Filter Prompts
I have created an ad-hoc report and want to add a filter. I understand that the Report Builder will only pre-populate the 'in this list' for that filter if the list contains less than a pre-determined number of entries. Fair enough. However, where can I find out what this magical number is...it would certainly be handy if I could be allowed to set the pre-determine number myself, or at least view it. I found an article that said that value is in the DataSource (or the DataSourceView) but I have found nothing that tells me what the tag, or the location of that special ...

Calling JAVA class file in VC++
Hi All, Please tell me how to call java class file(this file has command line arguments) in VC++ application? Thanking You, dinesh In message <#2Iwic7QEHA.3748@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, Dinesh <dinesh@netplexusindia.com> writes >Hi All, >Please tell me how to call java class file(this file has command line >arguments) in VC++ application? CreateProcess. If you don't want to do that search for jni*.h in your java\include directory and look at the documentation for Java Native Interface. Stephen -- Stephen Kellett Object Media Limited http://www.objmedia.demon....

What is Process Instance and Process and how do I use it to finetu
Can someone point out a source or explain how the security settings (create, read, wite, delete) work for Process and Process Instance? I have got to believe they can be used to fine tune work flows rules (automatic or manual) but I have seen no real explanation. TIA they allow you to stop users being able to apply workflow rules etc but thats about it ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Henricus" <Henricus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADCE6D53-2160-4201-BDD2-04ED07877B2C@microsoft.co...

Using SUMIF to add data between a range of dates
Hi, I am developing a cashflow spreadsheet, and need to add a range of values (in column B) based on the criteria that they are relating to a set week, ie in column B has the amount to be paid, and column C has the date the amount is due. I need to find out the total amount due between 2 dates. Does anyone know how I can do this? Hi With start date in B20 and end date in B21 try this: =SUMIF(C2:C5,">=" &B20,B2:B5)-SUMIF(C2:C5,"<="&B21,B2:B5) Regards, Per "Jaspa" <Jaspa@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelelsen news...

Issue Migrating Attachments in CRM 4.0
Hi, We are migrating data to MSCRM 4.0. We're using the Data Migration Manager and everything seems to be mapping/migrating fine correctly except for attachments. We have followed the suggested steps in preparting notes/attachments to be migrated, including: 1) Creating the Notes.csv file with and entity column, a unique id column, and a filename column (filename of the attachment). 2) We have placed all the files that are to be attached, in a sub-folder of the folder that contains the Notes.csv file, and named the sub-folder "Attachments". The files are not that large an...

delete or void unposted cash receipts using econnect 8.0
I need to delete or void unposted cash receipts exist in table RM10201 using econnect. The class which is provided in econnect to void documents “taRMVoidTransaction” works on table RM20101 only which is for posted documents. ...

XP DVD Drive.
Just a pefunctory query, New XP computer with "Western Digital" super ritemaster DVD drive Used the drive to install XP OS but the drive will not read my CDRom data discs I burnt in 2007 they read on an old clunker. Would that be an XP software or activation issue or DVD issue, and if so what suitable NG please? thanks in advance. It could be the media just isn't compatible. That happens now and again, especially if it's cheap. "rodney" <pookiethai@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message news:4bb94dc2$0$56415$c30e37c6@exi-reader.telstra.net... :...

msn transtion to OE 6
Hi - I know I asked this once before, but apparently did not save the answer. I have a new puter now and use MSN for my email server. I prefer to use OE6 for email delivery/sending. How do I keep the emails from duplicating in both MSN email box and OE6? thanks for the assistance! kate koconnor47@msn.com KATIE O'CONNOR <kate_oconnor@verizon.net> wrote: > Hi - I know I asked this once before, but apparently did not save the > answer. I have a new puter now and use MSN for my email server. I > prefer to use OE6 for email delivery/sending. How do I keep the > ...

SPB Finance on Windows Mobile 5.0
I recently purchased a Windows Mobole 5.0 phone and was extremely disspoointed to find out (after the fact) that Pocket Money does not work on WM5. So now I am considering other options. I ran across the program called SPB Finance. It supports both Windows Mobile 5.0 and all the recent versions of MS Money. Do any of you use SPB Finance on WM5? How does it compare to Pocket Money? Does it sync items well? Should I wait (a while) until a compatible version of Pocket Money comes out or buy SPB Finance? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Bryan SPB is worth a look, Bryan. -- Mich...

SendKeys Macro to Comapct Database in Conversion 2.0 to Access 200
Hi All, I am trying to convert an Access 2.0 database to an Access 2003 database however I am having trouble converting a SendKey macro that in Access 2.0 compacts the database. I dont full understand how it is doing this. the macro is: SendKeys "c:\statement\database.mdb~c:\statement\temp.mdb~" DoMenuItems 4, 0, 2 I am not too sure what this is trying to do, but it ends uo comapcting the database in Access 2.0. Thanks for any help I'm not sure about those menu items in version 2, however you could do away with the macro entirely. In 2003 there is an option (Tools, Opti...

DOS program needing to use net use for network printer
can't use DOS program because Windows XP Pro SP2 and Active Directory issue. Get system error 5. i have been told that i need to make a setting in my Windows 2003 server to allow the client cmd.exe or UNC to work. if i give the local user on the Windows XP computer administrator level access the net use commad works. i currently have the user setup as a power user. ...

How to import from Eudora 6.1 and show graphics in message?
Hi, I've tried every format and cannot import my address's from Eudora to Outlook 2002. Anyone know how to do this? Also if someone sends a picture imbedded in the message i cannot view it. I can't find a setting other than preview pane which makes no difference. Thank's Rich Rich <rnienowremove@hotmail.com> wrote: > I've tried every format and cannot import my address's > from Eudora to Outlook 2002. > Anyone know how to do this? Try importing first into Outlook Express and then import from OE with Outlook. > Also if someone sends a picture imb...

using serial port
Can anyone give me any tips about using a serial port under MSVC++? I'd like to be able to configure the serial port to give me a notification when a carriage return is received and be able to get the line of text. If necessary, I could just receive every character and fill a buffer myself. But I can't just sit there monitoring the port, because I need to do other things in my program. And I'd like to be able to send a line of text out the same port. Ideally, these two things should be allowed to occur asynchronously, but if not I can live with it. I'm using MFC, but if ...

Watermark using a picture
Is there a way to create a watermark by inserting an image into the sheet? When I insert an image, it does not want to be grouped behind the text and borders... TIA! DaveyBoy Hi there, Have a look at these examples: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0005.html Thanks - David ...