How to add/update version info of a file

Hi,everyone!
As we know,we can open it with "Resources" method for a PE(Portable
Executable) file such as .exe,.dll,.ocx etc. under VC,and we add or edit its
version info,and save it then it's ok.But for other files,such as
..sys,.vxd,how can we do that?
Thanks a lot!

Bill

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I am using a tool call "PE Explorer" for doing stuffs like this. It supports
..SYS anyway, but I am quite not sure about VXDs.

"xiezhenming" <xiezhenming@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,everyone!
> As we know,we can open it with "Resources" method for a PE(Portable
> Executable) file such as .exe,.dll,.ocx etc. under VC,and we add or edit
its
> version info,and save it then it's ok.But for other files,such as
> .sys,.vxd,how can we do that?
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Bill

0
jagadeeshvn (256)
2/10/2004 8:32:36 AM
"Jagadeesh VN" <jagadeeshvn@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<eGoAw$67DHA.2308@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>...
> I am using a tool call "PE Explorer" for doing stuffs like this. It supports
> .SYS anyway, but I am quite not sure about VXDs.

I second that. It is also useful for updating the time and date stamps
within the file.
it's here: http://www.heaventools.com/

WBR,
Max
Thank you! I had downloaded it.Yes,it can
edit version info,but there is another question:it cann't add a version info
for
a file that have not a version info resource.
"xiezhenming" <xiezhenming@hotmail.com> д����Ϣ����
:eGf6zb47DHA.1672@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hi,everyone!
> As we know,we can open it with "Resources" method for a PE(Portable
> Executable) file such as .exe,.dll,.ocx etc. under VC,and we add or edit
its
> version info,and save it then it's ok.But for other files,such as
> .sys,.vxd,how can we do that?
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Bill

#Delete Mark in Bound Memo filed

CSV File Problem

update column

CFile (delete file)

import a 123 file

Meeting updates #2

Public Folder link to Excel File

Money Plus not Updating Quotes

Add PowerPoint 2007 to Office Basic

how many receivers i can add

Renaming Partial File Names

printing imported gif files in Excel

unknown .edb file

Online Price Updates
Somehow online price updating was turned on in my file. I have turned it off. However, when I go to delete the erroneous past-dated Online Prices for a particular stock, it appears they are initialling deleting, but when I return to the stock later, all the deleted online prices (from the past) are re-instated. It is as though none of the price deletions I performed have taken effect. How do I clean up these erroneous past online price updates? ...