How to access member class of activex control

I'm creating an activex custom media player and have added methods
which are accessible from  Javascript using DISP_FUNCTION. This works,
for instance by calling Player.Play() Player.Stop(), etc from
javascript in IE. However what I like to do, is be able to call the
appropriate member class of my activex control directly to handle
commands, keeping methods where they belong, inside the class. The
correct Javascript syntax would be Player.Controller.Play(), or
Player.View.GoFullscreen() etc.

I've seen this syntax in Javascript with other activex controls so I
know it can be done, for instance how Windows Media Player control is
manipulated from Javascript using Player.Controls.Play()

I've searched but haven't been able to find the answer, hopefully
someone here can help.

Thanks!

0
esoxhuntr (1)
7/10/2006 3:29:32 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> I'm creating an activex custom media player and have added methods
> which are accessible from  Javascript using DISP_FUNCTION. This works,
> for instance by calling Player.Play() Player.Stop(), etc from
> javascript in IE. However what I like to do, is be able to call the
> appropriate member class of my activex control directly to handle
> commands, keeping methods where they belong, inside the class. The
> correct Javascript syntax would be Player.Controller.Play(), or
> Player.View.GoFullscreen() etc.
>
> I've seen this syntax in Javascript with other activex controls so I
> know it can be done, for instance how Windows Media Player control is
> manipulated from Javascript using Player.Controls.Play()
>
> I've searched but haven't been able to find the answer, hopefully
> someone here can help.

When you #import your server, it generates *.tlh/tli files which have
the methods on your component. These methods can be called as you
normally would in C++. #import adds get_???/put_?? for properties. That
might be the point of confusion.

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)

can't access directory
In the Tools menu\Options box or window, If I try to make any changes or even choose a different tab along the top, I get an error message saying- Can not access directory "F:\All Files:" Which is the partition the files are stored on but they are few folders below this. Using Windows XP Professional + Office 2003. There is only one user that is an administrator. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Douglas I don't have a guess, but this isn't a valid drive/folder: F:\All Files: Are you sure you see that final colon at the far right? If it was a typo in the news...

Newbie How to : Move a control's position on a dialog
Hi All I have a control on a Dialog which I need to have displayed in a different position in different circumstances. .................................................................................................................... Control Id : ID_My_DTP Control Variable type : CDateTimeCtrl Control Variable name : m_ctrlDTP In the .rc file it is defined as CONTROL "DateTimePicker1",ID_My_DTP,"SysDateTimePick32", DTS_RIGHTALIGN | NOT WS_VISIBLE | WS_TABSTOP,262,49,56, 13,WS_EX_TRANSPARENT ............

Access sample project
I’m looking for a sample Access project front end, (.adp) maybe ”Pubs” that accesses SQL Server Views and Stored Procedures. I need to examine the code and determine how calls to SQL Server are made. I have the Pubs db on SQL Server (2000), but do not have the Access project front end which would show me the calls/interface. Can anyone help? Thanks, Mark Have you tried the NorthWind CS database that comes with Access? Look in Help >>> Sample Databases >>> Northwind Sample Access Project. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http...

Money 2005- can not access ist file
Set up new file on Money 2005 Premier and now can not enter original file. When I try to enter original file get error message that email address and or password are not correct. They are correct. I used the same e mail and password for both files. Any suggestions. Did you just reinstall M05? If so, see the thread from yesterday "Restore Backup". "Darci" <Darci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6FD81AFB-E0BE-4FCD-9716-1E2B2309C201@microsoft.com... > Set up new file on Money 2005 Premier and now can not enter original file. > When I try t...

New Message Window in Outlook Web Access
Hi, I am trying to figure out how you can set the new message window in Outlook Web Access to open in the middle of the screen instead of way to the right of the screen. I'm tired of dragging the message over to close it. Thanks for the help, Shery ...

XP style controls in non-unicode app
I am writing an application in VS2005. Due to the need to eventually reuse roughly 50k lines of existing non-unicode code, I cannot compile with the unicode flag. This flag appears to be controlling which style of MFC controls are used in my dialogs. In other words, if I build it as a unicode application I get the newer rounder controls, from winXP I believe. If I build it without unicode support I get the older, square style of buttons, etc. from the VS6 days. Do the new styles require unicode support, or is there a way around it? thanks j.goforth wrote: > I am writing an application in...

How to pass data from main appliaction to CDocument class
Hi, I am working on an MDI application. In this aplication, I have some global settings/configurations in the main aaplication (A dialog is used to set the configurations). I am adding Doc/View/Frame to applicatin from different DLLs (by using AddDocTemplate (fnGetMenu (), fnGetDoc (), fnGetFrame (), fnGetView ()) method. In this aaplication, I want to set some parameters in main application, and then pass these paramters to any new document created. Can anybody tell me how can I do this? You could do it in OnNewDocument() m_pSomeData = ((need to cast here to your main app class)AfxGet...

Datatype BIT problem with Access front-end AND SQL back-end
This is the first time i post something on this forum, so i'm not sure if this tread is on the right place. I am having trouble with a BIT field when migrating an Access database to an SQL database. I will try to explain the situation: We were working with an Access database combined with Access forms. Because the database was getting to big en everything started to work very slow i decided to migrate the access database to microsoft SQL server. On first sight everything worked fine en fast but i discovered a problem with the conversion from a yes/no table in access to a BIT table in s...

I find a BIG bug of VS 2005 about string class!
I find a BIG bug of VS 2005 about string class! #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; string GetStr() { return string("Hello"); } int main(int argc, char *argv[]) { const char* p = GetStr().c_str(); cout << p << endl; cin.get(); } ============================ Run the code above, Dev C++ will normally output the string "Hello", however, VS 2005 should output an empty string! In my opinion, string class is vital to almost every C++ program, and VS 2005 as a C++ compiler is widely used by programmers, if string class is...

Access a query without opening Access
I have a db with several dozen queries. I need a non-technical person, who is also not authorized to see all the info in the db, to run one query each day. Is there any way to launch a query without being in the query view of Access? Or is there a way to have a single query in the query window whuch has sub queries not visible or in another location? On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 15:11:01 -0800, Tired and Confused <Tired and Confused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a db with several dozen queries. I need a non-technical person, who >is also not authorized to se...

Does Outlook 2000 have newsgroup access?
Just migrated to outlook 2000 from OE, but can't understand why there doesn't seem to be NG access when crappy old OE has it. Or am I missing something? You have access in outlook to newstoups, But it uses OE for browsing NG's , don't ask me why. "as mellow as a horse" <mail@MICKmoss42.fslife.co.uk> wrote in message news:brge9l$uen$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk... > Just migrated to outlook 2000 from OE, but can't understand why there > doesn't seem to be NG access when crappy old OE has it. Or am I missing > something? > > Its just the w...

Excel & Access
Is there a way to take data from an excel spreadsheet and drop it into microsoft access database? (Other than copying and pasting field b field -- KuraofTyre ----------------------------------------------------------------------- KuraofTyren's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2446 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38069 From Access: File-Get External Data. Pick your spreadsheet. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "KuraofTyren" <KuraofTyren.1qy3qp_11193051...

How does Access differ from SQL 92 standards?
Was just wondering in what ways does MS Access differ from SQL 92 standards. I have noted that Access uses the '*' instead of the '%' when implementing wildcards in database queries. JET (the data engine in Access) supports a subset of the full SQL standard, plus some Microsoft extensions that are not part of the SQL standard. The actual differences vary with different versions of JET. Examples: a) the TOP predicate is supported but, full outer joins are not. b) DDL operations are more limited in Access than standard SQL. c) JET 4 (Access 2000) supported mo...

Access GP Globals Outside GP
I am looking to be able to detect some settings about Great Plains without being in Dexterity. Specifically from the SQL server, but I am not above looking at .ini files if need be. I am looking for access to the SQL Server of Globals and the Module Registered["SM_CS"] values. I am trying to determine the exact version that is registered (ie. GP 8 SQL/MSDE, GP 7.5 SQL/MSDE, eEnt 7). Is there anyway to get this information without being in Dexterity? I will only be on SQL versions, so i am not worried about getting information from the database. Access to the Dexteri...

format in MS Access chart data table
iI created a chart from access table. The format of data is stored in percentage with 2 dec. format. When I creat the chart with data table displayed, the 9.8% diplay as .098 in the data table. Even I changed the number in data sheet to %, it appears as 9.8% in design view, but when I switch to the data view, ir changed back to .0980. I managed to change the axis and data label to % format, but it will not work with the data table. I have another chart with currency in 6 dec. format, the data in the data table shows in scientific format. Is anyone willing to help me to fix this ...

Turn off ActiveX Control warnings
Hi, Some staff are using the 'while you were out' form that's available for download on the web. One staff member is getting a warning each time they open the form: "This form contains an ActiveX control" and you have to choose enable/disable. Where can I set this permanently, so the user doesn't have to click enable/disable all the time? Cheers, Gav Make sure that you're using a published version of the form, not launching it from an .oft file. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators,...

Scroll Bar missing "Control" tab in "Format Properties" dialog box
Good afternoon, all, I have a scroll bar on a worksheet that, which when I right click and click "Format Control" displays a dialog box with "Size", "Protection", "Properties", "Web" and "Control" tabs, the latter of which allows me to soecify maximum and minimum values and link the scrollbar to a cell to display a value between the min and max, depending on the position of the button within the scrollbar. However, when I create subsequent scrollbars, the "Control" tab is absent. Can anyone enlighten me as to what is ...

Control character manipulation
Hello In a C++ program, I would like to change the string "ty^Hypescript ^H ^H^H ^H^H ^H^H ^H^H ^H^H ^H^H ^H^ ^H^H ^H^H ^H^H ^H^G^G^G^G^Gty^Hypescript ^H ^H^H ^H^H ^H^H ^H^M" into the string "typescript" The letters like '^H', '^H^H', and '^G' represents some of the ANSI control characters such as backspace. (the characters are shown on VI editor. So, I think it's possible to process control characters within a code, like a VT100 virtual terminal does.( In deed, I am not sure whether the process is done in a terminal, shell or whatever. I...

Print out distribution lists and members??
Hello, Does anyone know how to print out the distribution list and members on Exchange 5.5? TIA, Gary here you go: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;160118 "GLH" <hornbeck@siskiyous.edu> wrote in message news:ufbsOhIjEHA.3612@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello, > Does anyone know how to print out the distribution list and members on > Exchange 5.5? > TIA, > Gary > > ...

User access
Hi, I create a user in MS CRM app with Role and License, but I access with this user I have an error access. The message of error is : "You don't have permissions of role assign ..." Please, anybody have information about that Thxs What is your role in MSCRM? If you do not have the administrator role, please ensure that your assigned security role has the proper permissions to create users and such. That would be the first place I'd look. "Renato" wrote: > Hi, > > I create a user in MS CRM app with Role and License, but I access with this >...

Access Object Libary
I am using a function set fs = application.filesearch this is giving me an error that the filesearch is not recognised what object under references must I install to use this function. I have 2007, but saving the access database as a 2003 Thanks -- Graeme Graeme wrote: > I am using a function > > set fs = application.filesearch > this is giving me an error that the filesearch is not recognised > > what object under references must I install to use this function. > > I have 2007, but saving the access database as a 2003 > Thanks As far as I know, the FileSear...

Access Implementation
Hello, I am a manager for a small business and a financial director for a non-profit organization based out of Western Canada. Both have horrible IT systems - and therefore have a very disorganized accounting systems. I know that Access will help fix this problem for both organizations but spending $200 on Access, per user, is excessive, even $200 for the entire organization may be too much. How could I build a database, that would allow me to be the only person that maintains the database, but allows people to access the forms and reports. I do have Access myself already....

Do you konw HOW TO ADD A ActiveX control developed by MFC in ATL Project
I build a activeX control using MFC, and now, I won't insert it in a ATL project without creating a window for containing the control.I ever did it as a COM, but I only can get the interface point, I can't using interface function defined in the control.Did anybody know how to make the control fine??????????????????????? In your MFC control override IsInvokeAllowed( DISPID) and return TRUE. ----- HongHan wrote: ----- I build a activeX control using MFC, and now, I won't insert it in a ATL project without creating a window for containing the control.I e...

Calendar control on protected form with multiple date fields
How do a reference the formfield on a protected form to insert a date from a datepicker? I have 3 date fields, it seems I can insert a date based on the field selected i.e. selection.formfields("x")=calendar1.value Any help is appreciated. thanks -- See http://www.gmayor.com/popup_calendar.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> ...

CLock same-thread double-access problem.
Hello everybody! This is my scenario: My application has one instance of: class CMapDevices : public CMap <long, long&, CDevice*, CDevice*&> Several threads can access this CMap; but they must not access it at the same time. So I added these member variables to CMapDevices: CSemaphore* m_sem; CSingleLock* m_lock; (...) CMapDevices ::CMapDevices () { CString sSemaphoreName; sSemaphoreName.Format("devs-%f",(double)(DATE)COleDateTime::GetCurrentTime()); m_sem = new CSemaphore (1, 1, sSemaphoreName); m_lock = new CSingleLock(m_sem);}So that wherever my code a...