how i can use CEDitView member function

hi ,Can any one tell me that how i can use the CEditView member funcion ,if
my VIEW CLASS IS DERIVED FROM CView instead of CEditView.

for example

void CTEST9View::OnUpdate(CView* pSender, LPARAM lHint, CObject* pHint)
{

CEdit& theEdit = GetEditCtrl();

------------------
------------------

}

But I am unable to get Get GetEditCtrl() ,so what i should do

Arbind

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Mr David
if u do not want to want tell, don't tell but don't do like this.

"Arbind" <arbindb_tech@rediffmail.com> wrote in message
> hi ,Can any one tell me that how i can use the CEditView member
funcion ,if
> my VIEW CLASS IS DERIVED FROM CView instead of CEditView.
>
> for example
>
> void CTEST9View::OnUpdate(CView* pSender, LPARAM lHint, CObject*
pHint)
> {
>
> CEdit& theEdit = GetEditCtrl();
>
> ------------------
> ------------------
>
> }
>
> But I am unable to get Get GetEditCtrl() ,so what i should do

Given the framing of your question, I suspect that your goal is not
achievable. The CEditView::GetEditControl member function is not a
member of CView, and thus not a member of your derived class, and
inasmuch as your CView is not created from the EDIT WNDCLASS, I don't
think it would work properly even if you were able to get it to compile.
--
Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

0
jeffp (1711)
8/13/2003 12:08:07 PM
Arbind wrote:

> Mr David
> if u do not want to want tell, don't tell but don't do like this.

He told you the truth.  You are asking how to do the wrong solution.
Try explaining your problem instead of asking how to use a solution that
you think is the answer.

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]
0

Can't track certain Outlook Contacts
Hi, For one of my users (crm 3.0 - Outlook 2003), the 'Track in CRM' button does not appear for certain contacts. About 2/3s of the contacts are fine. I thought it might be contacts created in the Blackberry then sync'd to Outlook but that doesn't appear to be the case. I'm still working on finding a pattern, unfortunately this user is travelling a lot so it's hard for me to sit down with her and see what she's doing. I thought maybe someone may have had a similar experience. ...

How can I ...
I am now running Outlook 2003. Previously, I have run most versions of Outlook and I have spotted a difference I would rather not have. Whenever I click on a web link within a message, outlook opens a new instance of IE to view whatever is on the end of the link. Previous versions would re-use the first instance created rather than opening new instances all the time. Any suggestions as how whether (and how?) this behaviour can be restored to match the previous versions? Cheers. You can't. Sorry. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using...

Can't Make Attachment
I just upgraded to outlook 2003 and now I can't drag and drop files into a new mail message; even though I can click on the paper click and attach a file that way. I had this functionality prior to upgrading to Outlook 2003. I am running Windows XP. Please advise if anyone knows of a setting for this or a registry fix. Thanks.........Jason Steeves ...

last 4 wk average using calculated pivotitem
Hi, I am trying to create a pivot table/chart from data that is listed b week. So my table has "week" as the row field and "total X" as th column field. I want the chart to display the total for each week as bar (the easy part) and also to graph the average of the last fou weeks as a line on top of the bar graph. I have tried to figure ou how to add a calculated pivot item but I can't seem to get it to wor right. So for each week there would be a second almost subtotal lik entry that calculates the average for the previous four weeks (if ther aren't four previo...

Can I see the summary report of each resouce's booking status ?
Here we using AutoAcceptAgent to booking resource account like meeting room. Is there any method to view the summary report ? for example, a summary report show which meeting room booked by which one for what agenda. I have tried to use public folder with email address, but can't register by AutoAcceptAgent. Any one has any idea of such request ? Pls help soon. Thanks. On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 19:14:02 -0700, Enid <Enid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Here we using AutoAcceptAgent to booking resource account like meeting room. >Is there any method to view the summary repor...

Can not install Office Ultimate 2007 because of a setup error mess
Hello group, I have a desktop with no Office Suite which I built with Windows XP Pro SP2 (Version 2002), from a WGA Kit. I ordered the back-up discs (2 pcs) Office Ultimate 2007 from digital river.com store and tried installing in this machine but I get this message: "Setup error: The language of this installation package is not supported by your system." I tried it on the 2nd DVD drive of the same machine but same result. I tried installing the Office software in a Sony Vaio laptop and it seems it will install properly and I discontinued the setup. Any information/ass...

Where can I get UNLIMITED Excel stock qoutes?
The Excel Add-in that allows you to retrieve stock qoutes is limited in taht it only allows you to get about 250 qoutes at a time. How can I get unlimited qoutes in a format compatible with excel? Z There's a program called Historical Stock Quotes which can create tab or comma delimited files that can be read into Excel. If you want something that updates automatically within Excel, you may have to buy an add-in. Have you searched the web? On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 12:18:23 -0800, ZouBCivil <ZouBCivil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >The Excel Add-in that allows you to retriev...

How to view the code for excel built-in functions?
Is it possible? -For example the function PMT(). thanks. No, the code is compiled, so it would likely be less than useful anyway. About the best you can do is check out the equations used in Help (see "PV"). In article <OSU3OXOBGHA.1676@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, "serdar" <s@s.com> wrote: > Is it possible? -For example the function PMT(). > thanks. ...

Using XP Briefcase with money file

Can you delete and empty an open email

Where can I get a template that will calculate profloss after buy.
I need a template that will calculate all the possible variables in a share trade. The rate on buying, every day entry (7 days),Profit/loss on holding, prof/loss on sale etc. ...

can't find form
i have a command button on a form [frmMainMenu] that when clicked, closes that form and opens another [frmFixtureSchedulePrintOptions]. The 2 share the same table as a record source, so i'm doing this to avoid conflicting updates the code behind [frmMainMenu] reads like this (below), and functions correctly DoCmd.Close stDocName = "frmFixtureSchedulePrintOptions" DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, acNormal on the new form [frmFixtureSchedulePrintOptions], there is a command button to save to close itself, and open the previous from [frmMainMenu], and the ...

Using a variable for a chart limit
Since I got instant help on my last query, is there any way to use a cell reference as an axis minimum or maximum in format axis? It seems impossible, but there is a lot of experience out there. Thanks in advance. -- Vince F Hi, See Jon's information http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html Cheers Andy Vince F wrote: > Since I got instant help on my last query, is there any way to use a cell > reference as an axis minimum or maximum in format axis? It seems impossible, > but there is a lot of experience out there. Thanks in advance. -- Andy Pop...

How do I make door hangers using publisher?
Is this even possible? Mary Sauer has a website with a generous collection of goodies including door hangers. Take a look at just above George Washington's portrait (way down the page) at, http://msauer.mvps.org/publisher_projects2.htm -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "medinapie" <medinapie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:986B8199-C9B5-46CE-8F2F-C772BE5C21BC@microsoft.com... > Is this even possible? I have a sample on my web page. Scroll down -- on the left. http://msauer.mvps.org/graphics.htm Some cute ones here that you could mod...

using program to record audio comment and compress audio to MP3
I can use VBA to record an audio comment into a Word file using Selection.InlineShapes.AddOLEObject ClassType:="SoundRec", FileName:="", _ LinkToFile:=False, DisplayAsIcon:=True, IconFileName:= _ "C:\WINDOWS\system32\sndrec32.exe", IconIndex:=0, IconLabel:="Wave Sound" BUT but by default the file is stored as a PCM at 44kHz and 16 bit stereo whcih is about 200kB per second Sound recorder (which is used to do the recording) allows me to manually convert this to a MP3 and a much smaller file e.g. 3kB per second Is there any way I can aut...

Can't Make this Work
I create a new Datasheet form from tlPB and get the "FIRST SQL VIEW". I then select DirectoryID and from the Row Source, I get the "SECOND SQL VIEW". I then select DeptID and from the Row Source, I get the "THIRD SQL VIEW". DirectoryID and DeptID are both Combo Boxes. Problem I want only those DeptID's that are related to the DirectoryID that has been entered in the Datasheet. Can someone show me how this is done? -------------------------------------------------------- FIRST SQL VIEW SELECT tblPB.PBID, tblPB.DirectoryID, tblPB.DeptID FROM t...

Can I use oulook from home and have access at work?
When I set up my outlook I lose all my inbox messages online and would not be able to read my email from work. Is there a way to have my inbox available on outlook and remain online? Just to clarify, are you asking how to set up Outlook at home to receive email from work? If that's your question, you need to ask your IT Admin or Exchange Admin if you can use OWA and how that's done. That wouldn't have email coming into your Outlook account but it is a form of Outlook, Outlook Web Access. This may or may not be allowed. Your IT staff would of course have all kinds of securi...

Can't open My Money 2000
Hello all, Version 4.90.3, Windows ME I am not sure if this is the proper newsgroup for this program, and if not, I do apologize. I have My Money 2000 on my computer, it came with the original install when I bought my computer. For some reason, I have not been able to open the program since last Sunday. I only use this for my personal check registry, and have all my records and such backed up to a floppy and a separate folder. I went to the folder that has the My Money files and tried to reinstall it by using the Setup, but, it says 'Setup could not open the file: C:\APPLZIP\MONEY\MONE...

Can Reply Receipt Message be modified?
At the end of the reply receipt message is a <hostname> field. My client wants to know if it can be changed? Your message To: Deb Kraus Subject: test on MOnday 8/7 re autoreply Sent: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 14:12:40 -0700 was delivered to the following recipient(s): Deb Kraus on Mon, 7 Aug 2006 14:12:49 -0700 <webmentors.net #2.0.0> <====This, can it be changed?>>>>>> -- Websites · Applications · Databases · Networks · Hosting · Marketing Michael C. Internet Technology Solutions Provider On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 07:21:02 -0700, Michael C. ...

how do I find the equation of a line using a scatter plot?
I am taking a chem lab and right now we are studying rate laws using kenetics. we had to graph the results of our experiment and then find the equation of the line. such as y=mx+b but i cant fiugre out how to do it. or if i am supposed to put a trend line in the graph, but if that is what I am supposed to do how do I find the equation of it? First: to make trendline. Right click on the data in the chart; use Add trendline; specify Linear; on Options tab, check shoe equation Secondly:To get slope and intercept: Let's say you x-values are in A2:A11 and y-values in B2:B11 for slope us...