How do I create a CCheckListBox control with a dialog resource tem

I want to insert a Checklistbox into my dialog, but there is no tool for it
in the standard toolbar.  All the information that I have found so far tell
sme that I can add one into the resource template, but does not mention how.
Any help greatly appreciated!
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Mkennedy1102 wrote:
> I want to insert a Checklistbox into my dialog, but there is no tool for it
> in the standard toolbar.  All the information that I have found so far tell
> sme that I can add one into the resource template, but does not mention how.
> Any help greatly appreciated!

CCheckListBox uses an ordinary list box control. It is customized by MFC
with runtime code.  Use the control on the standard resource editor
toolbar.  You must turn on its owner-draw style.

Use class wizard to create a standard CListBox member variable for the
control.  Then edit the member variable type to be a CCheckListBox instead.

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

0
Scott
2/2/2005 2:07:38 AM
Thanks!
=?Utf-8?B?TWtlbm5lZHkxMTAy?= <Mkennedy1102@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in news:2D9A5F50-9DAE-46D9-A548-838798A295EA@microsoft.com:

> I want to insert a Checklistbox into my dialog, but there is no tool for
> it in the standard toolbar.  All the information that I have found so
> far tell sme that I can add one into the resource template, but does not
> mention how.  Any help greatly appreciated!

It is a standard ListBox, you have to do your own drawing.
If you use MFC, you can use CCheckListBox.

--
Mihai Nita [Microsoft MVP, Windows - SDK]

Where can I get a free Inventory control spreadsheet
I am looking for a Inventory/Stock control excel template, but I don' want to pay for it!!!!!! Can anyone suggest a sit -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can search in Google, using keywords like Excel and Inventory. Or look at the templates on the Microsoft web site: http://office.microsoft.com/templates/default.aspx Pritch14 < wrote: > I am looking for a Inventory/Stock control excel template, but I don't > want to pay for it!!!!!! > > Can anyone suggest a site -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/...

How does one view a document created in Publisher.
I have gotten a document (calendar) in .pub format. Word does not recognize it. Is there a viewer? What's the link? I have Office 2000 with the converters installed. Collins wrote: >I have gotten a document (calendar) in .pub format. Word > does not recognize it. Is there a viewer? What's the > link? I have Office 2000 with the converters installed. ==================================== There is no viewer for Publisher files. Maybe you could ask the sender to convert it to a .pdf file. Or you could order the Trial version of Pub2003... which will still function as a viewer a...

Creating conditional clause in a module
I am in the process of writing module using vba in ACCESS 2003 which imports forecasted financial data from a particular excel file based on three inputs. I am trying to include an "error check" that will end the process if the three inputs do not match specific data in the excel file. I'm not sure how to go about doing this. Do you have any ideas what the best way to do this would be? Below is the code I have for the import part so far if that is helpful. Sub Test1() Dim ImportDir As String Dim Forecast As String Dim Version As String Dim Country As Stri...

How to create web-based reports from RMS database.
The reports available in RMS is not specific enough for my apparel retail store. I need sell the through rate, average sale, sales/sf, return rate, discount analysis, all broken down by date, week, month, year, category, supplier, and then compare against last year's numbers. I want to create my own web-based reports accessing RMS's SQL database. Does anyone have a template of data access web page so all I have to do is change the SQL statement in getting to the right database table? mas wrote: > The reports available in RMS is not specific enough for my apparel retail > ...

MRP not creating planned orders in version 10.0
I'm testing version 10.0 on a test system and using a copy of my live database. Version 8.0 creates a planned PO when QTY Available falls below Order Point Qty. It's not working in 10.0. I've checked all my settings from 8.0 to 10.0 and they all look the same. Is there a setting I'm missing? Thanks, Ken Have you rebuilt your low level codes after the upgrade? -- Tim Foster "KRoy" wrote: > I'm testing version 10.0 on a test system and using a copy of my live > database. Version 8.0 creates a planned PO when QTY Available falls below > Ord...

Where free 2 sigma statistical process control chart, free?
where can I download a free statistical process control chart template? ...

How to use excel file created in version earlier than 4.0a in 4.0
Thanks to whomever answered my query but when I opened the email the screen was blank. My laptop is sick. My question was and still is, how can I use my Excel files created in a recent version on my laptop in my PC which is loaded only with Excel 4.0a . Please and thanks. -- Thanks, Ajimmo Hi Ajimmo You can't, the file format changes twice since version 4. You need a newer Excel version, a compatible spreadsheet program, or simply a viewer if all you want to do is view / print the file. HTH. Best wishes Harald "ajimmo" <ajimmo@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i m...

Please Help: Toolbars in DLL Dialog
Hello, Creating toolbars in an EXE app is a relative piece of cake. However, I am trying to insert a toolbar into a DLL dialog. This is how my DLL dialog works: 1) Contents of a function exporting a dialog AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState()); CSvg* dlg; try { dlg = new CSvg(); dlg->Create(IDD_MAIN_FRAME); dlg->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); } catch (CSvg *dlg) { dlg->PostNcDestroy(); delete dlg; } 2) Use a function in my Dialog class to insert a toolbar: int CSvg::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct) { if (CDialog::OnCreate(lpCreateStruct) == -1) return -...

Create Pivot Table Reports
I just finished installing Analysis Cube on the server, everything seemed working fine until when I try to create the Pivot Table Report (Tools->Analysis Cubes->Create Pivot Table Reprots). After I called up the pre-defined 'Definition ID' and click on the Excel icon, a message popped up saying " The WHTemplate.XLT file was not found." Anybody have any idea what that is, and how to resolve it?? Thanks. 1.) There are two pieces of software. Did you install both the server piece, and the client piece? 2.) Is Excel installed on the machine, on which you'r...

Controlling Gap Width for BAR Chart
Hi, I have the following data for example. A = 2 B= 3 C = 4 I can create a 2 D Bar chart from this quite easily. Now If I make the data to A = 2 , 3 B= 3 , 4 C = 4 , 5 I do want to plot the data on the basis of first two values as mentioned in the first example, but I want to control the width of the Bar from the value given after comma. Please help. On Sat, 24 Feb 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Fazi <farazahmedtoor@gmail.com> said: >I have the following data for example. >A = 2 , 3 >B= 3 , 4 >C = 4 , 5 > >I want to plot the data on the basis of firs...

Help with creating a formula
Hello! I am trying to create a formula that will sum up certain criteria from one column as it relates to criteria in the same row in another column. For example, I want to sum up all the entries that begin with the letter "H" in column A as it relates to an entry of "2" from column B that is in the same row as the "H" entry from column A. COLUMN A COLUMN B H10 2 G01 2 H09 3 H15 2 H12 2 If there is such a formula...

Creating only a mailbox
I'm doing some DR testing and I was wondering if there is any way to create just a mailbox that isn't associated with an AD account. I could create an account with a mailbox and then disconnect it, but I'd like a way to build hundreds of mailboxes that aren't associated with any AD account. Any help would be great. Thanks. Eric In AD just add it as a Contact instead of a user, this will allow you to give it exchange attributes without an AD account. >-----Original Message----- >I'm doing some DR testing and I was wondering if there is >any way to cre...

Tab Control #7
Hi, I'm using a basic tab control, how to place a bitmap image onto it ? Can a bitmap image be inserted only on the tab strips. (what i mean by tab strips is the part of tab, which holds name for that tab). Also, how to get the 3D effect for the tab ? (Like XP tabs) Hi You can bitblt for each tab clicks. I mean when you change the tab just repaint the dialog with new bitmap. Best regards, Amal Quote raj: Can a bitmap image be inserted only on the tab strips. (what i mean by tab strips is the part of tab, which holds name for that tab). ------------------------------------- Y...

Auto-create activity from Mobile
Hi all, We have CRM 4.0 Roll Up 7. We are looking for a solution that offers advanced mobile integration to CRM. We would like the mobile client to auto-generate an Activity in CRM whenever a phone call is made to a CRM contact. Has anyone done this? //Johan Johan; There are a few vendors that offer good mobile solutions. I know for certain that MobileAccess from Ten Digits (http://www.tendigits.com/) has that specific feature. Dave Ireland "Jobro" <Jobro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F1B3A1D-E23E-4E49-933F-B221C0DD1ECE@microsoft.com... >...

Button form control does not work
I have spent over 5 hours trying to get the button wizard to do a simple thing. Open a form and show data in that form that matches the name in the form where the button is but when i follow the wizard the button allways go to the first entary in the second form eg i have the form (form1) open on emma (record 3) and want to open a second form that also contains emma the wizard puts the following in to a macro form2, Form, , "[Full Name]=" & [Full Name], , Normal but when i test the button it open the second form with the first record which is not emma why d...

Windows Mail spelling control Dutch
Spelling control of my Windows Mail (Version 6.0.6000.16386 / Vista_rtm.061101-2205) is presently limited to English, French, German, Spanish. I want to include spelling control for Dutch. I received below advise, but after donwload and installation of the most recent version of Wlndows Live, no upgrade to below mentioned latest version has happened, nor is there a complement of 37 spell check languages. ********************** Make sure you have the latest version (14.0.8089.0726), and you have to be online to see the full complement of 37 spell check languages. ****************...

dialog based app & command line
Hello, I'm trying to launch my application with command line arguments, but I received an error, without any identification number of it. The MessageBox tolds me: "Runtime error" "the path to my exe file" "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact...". Have somebody a ideea where is the problem? Thank you a lot in advance, Alex PS: When I debbutg the appllication with command line args. from project properties the app. starts very well Try setting the start command line options fro...

Multiple Resource Entries Against Tasks
I have a project created in Project 2007 which is saved in Project 2000-2003 format as my client only has 2003. Until today this had been fine. However, a really strange problem has ocurred whereby I entered a single resource against a task (on a number of individual tasks) but, on saving, Project allocated the same resource to the task 5 or 6 times. I have attempted to delete these duplicate allocations (by going into task information>resources and selecting & deleting the repeated resource then exiting task information via the save option). Unfortunately, this appear...

How to control what tabs are displayed in Active Directory Users and Computers
I do not see the value to allow the delegate to change the City, State, Country, Office. What am I doing wrong. (see info below) Also is there a way to limit the view of what is shown in Active Directory users and computers, so the Delegate only sees the General, Address, Telephone and Organization tabs? I know the step below lock them out of the other tabs, but there would be less confusion..even if it is registry hack on that local pc. Here are the steps I have done so far: Step 1. Create a Security Group Called 'XYZ' (call it what ever you want Step 2. Open Active Directory User...

Disabling a CButton in a dialog
Hallo, I want to disable a button directly after clicking on it with this code: void CElternDialog::OnBnClickedEdit() { CButton* pbEdit = (CButton*)GetDlgItem( IDC_EDIT ); pbEdit->EnableWindow( FALSE ); ... GetDlgItem( IDC_NAME1 )->SetFocus(); } At runtime the button text looks 'grayed' and the button is disabled. The focus is in the desired control, but the clicked button has a bold black frame like it is if it were the BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON style. Before clicking the button hadn't the black frame. Is it necessary to 'repaint' the disabled button to prevent...

Weekly Resource Utilization Report without Timesheet module?
We are considering dropping the timesheet module of PWA 2007 and was wondering if we would still be able to get a report out that would detail the number of hours used by a resource by project task and by week. My gut feel is that it should be able to, but not sure there are any canned reports that is available for this purpose within Resource Center or Project Center. Kahuna: you can get this from the OLAP cube using the MSP_Project_Timesheet cube. Understand that Project Managers can change actual work values in projects unless you lock down the system. So, your decision mus...

Problem with resources on W98
My application, which seems to work without problem on XP, has a problem on W98 with resource : when working on W98 french version after a while the application display a dialog box with the french message "Une ressource requise était non"(in english "A required resource was not") After that message the application seems to lack resources to work correctly. What should I check on my code ? -- Joel Windows 98 does not manage system resources as well as XP, so if you create a bitmap for example, but do not free it, Windows 98 will eventually break. 2000/XP handle syst...

How to create 2 charts on one page
I have created a yearly chart for widgets accomplished in Excel (has 4 data lines). I would like to add another chart directly below this to show the turn-time for accomplishing the widgets. It would have the same X-axis values (months of the year). I tried using a secondary Y axis, and the chart is just unreadable with this approach. Can this be done. HELP. You haven't told us why it's unreadable, so I doubt that we can help. If your problem is that the two sets of data are overlapping, and you said you wanted the second chart *below* the first one, try adjusting the scales on...

"No indexers" on creating "New Shared Services Provider "
Hi to all, I've this problem, I what to create the new and first "Shared Services Provider", but on "Index Server" section I don't find any Index Server (in combo-box). What can I do? Where am I wrong? Bye Dario Concilio Make sure you configured and started the Search services. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "Dario Concilio MCP" <dario.concilio@hotmail.it> wrote in message news:uhcKStDzKHA.5040@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi to all, > I've this problem, I what to creat...

Moving OLE Based Control
I have a control that is bound to an OLE object in a table. When i try to reposition the control with the command Me.ObjectName.Left = 4000, it does not compile. The error message "Invalid Qualifier" appears. In addition, when I normally enter the period after the name of the object such as Me.ObjectName. a list of optional commands comes up. For this control, it does not. Could anyone help with with the problem of not being able to access the properties of this control. I use Access 2000. Thanks -- Frank Wagner fwagner111@aol.com What's the control? Are you sur...