how can i hide my dialog when the dialog initilizes

i want to hide my dialog when the dialog initilizes.i add this line in the function Mydialog::InitDialog() ,ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) but it cause a exceptaion.what should i do
thanks

0
anonymous (74722)
4/21/2004 5:11:02 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I have found a way .
Like this:
if (m_bFlg)
{
       ShowWindow(SW_HIDE);
       m_bFlg = false;
}
add it into OnPaint().
May be there someother way, let's find it.

"cyperus" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i want to hide my dialog when the dialog initilizes.i add this line in the
function Mydialog::InitDialog() ,ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) but it cause a
exceptaion.what should i do?
> thanks.

0
kevinlu (9)
4/21/2004 6:38:33 AM
What exactly do you want to achieve

----- cyperus wrote: ----

     i want to hide my dialog when the dialog initilizes.i add this line in the function Mydialog::InitDialog() ,ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) but it cause a exceptaion.what should i do
     thanks.
0
anonymous (74722)

Can we tell which cell an image is on?
The user is clicking on a button that says "HIDE" and when the user hits it.. it hides the row where the button exists. IS THERE A WAY I CAN DO THIS? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi kenji4861, Are you talking about an image or a CommandButton? If it's a CommandButton, you can use code like this: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() With CommandButton1.TopLeftCell.EntireRow .Hidden = Not .Hidden End With...

How can I use a worksheet to plot polar coordinates?
I am trying to use an Excel worksheet as the matrix for plotting polar coordinates. Is there a way that this can be done? Hi, Have a look at these web pages on the subject. http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/SBXLPage.asp#Charting http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Polar.htm http://www.andypope.info/charts/polarplot.htm Cheers Andy louradam wrote: > I am trying to use an Excel worksheet as the matrix for plotting polar > coordinates. Is there a way that this can be done? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

how can i add a picture to my return address label
Can I use Word to add pictures to my return address labels? Hi debbie (debbie@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || Can I use Word to add pictures to my return address labels? You can use Word or Publisher to create address labels with pictures. Go to Insert > Picture > From File on the menu and browse to your picture of choice. You could also use the Microsoft Clipart using the same method but go to Insert > Picture > Clipart. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS&...

Can you make Outlook have no default email address?
I'm wondering if there is a way to have no default email address. I have more than one email, one for personal use and one for business. I find that I forget to change the account I'm sending from. I would like Outlook to force me to select the account I'm using before I can send an email. Is there a way to do that? No, but you could use VBA to confirm the account after you hit send. See outlookcode.com for code samples. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/...

Can I have a service activity create an outlook calendar entry
I have service techs that are all using the desktop CRM 3.0 client for outlook. I've created service activities for them but the activities don't push through to their outlook calendar. Is there away to make that happen? thnks, j Unfortunately, no. For some reason, this was left out of the set of data that synchs with Outlook and there is no supported mathod to alter this process. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM <liesto@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1139093641.911303.86680@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... I have service techs that are all using the desktop CRM 3....

Can I disable Intelligent Message Filter from applying on internal emails
I only have one Exchange server, which has one SMTP virtual server. It seems emails sent internally between users are also getting filtered by the IMF. Is there a way to not filter internal emails? Thanks. Internal emails should not be filtered. From the IMF FAQ: 7) Why do some messages get a SCL rating of -1? Messages submitted to Exchange using authenticated credentials get a SCL value of -1. All users that submit messages from authenticated clients such as Outlook or OWA will have an SCL stamped of -1. This ensures that authenticated messages will not be moved to the junk folder...

can't revert back to 07 from 10, or even get 07 reinstalled
I guess I never learn. I tested Outlook 2010, having installed Office 2010 beta and indicating that I wanted to leave all prior Office programs available, and ran into multiple already documented problems such as send/receive lock ups, multiple copies of emails, etc. So I removed Office 2010, including Outlook 2010, and then found that Outlook 2007 was missing, so I reinstalled it from my original Office 2007 disk. It is now on my system. However, here's what happens when I try to start it: 1) I get the error message that "Either there is no default emai client or the cur...

Can't logon to OWA with particular username while mine is working fine #2
Hallo, I use OWA at home and it's working fine. When I want to logon with a particular username and password I can't login. The option on exchange for OWA is enabled. When I want to login I get the following error: "The page cannot be displayed" HTTP 500 - Internal server error Internet Explorer Thanx in advance ...

Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server. Only an integrated connection can generate a user instance.
I'm using Visual Studio 2008 and SQL Server Express 2008. I've built the beginnings of an ASP.NET 3.5 app that reads a connection string from the configuration, in the usual way, and I can use LINQ-to-SQL against it and output listings of data from the database to a page with no problem. But I've created a custom membership provider that uses this string to create a data context for LINQ-to-SQL, and placed a Login control on a page that uses this membership provider. This page opens fine when I run it from Visual Studio, but when I enter some text into the login form...

"Can't move the items" message
I imported an outlook.pst file into my current Outlook 2000 and I have doubles and triples of all the entries. When I try to drag and drop an duplicate entry into the wastebasket I get the message "Can't move the items." Any help would be appreciated >-----Original Message----- >I imported an outlook.pst file into my current Outlook >2000 and I have doubles and triples of all the entries. >When I try to drag and drop an duplicate entry into the >wastebasket I get the message "Can't move the items." Any >help would be appreciated >...

comdlg32.ocx
I have used an application developed in Access 2003 very well. I bought a new machine with Windows 7 and reloaded Access 2003 (Office 2003). It now does not run a function within the application. I believe comdlg32.ocx is the problem. I unselected Microsoft Common Dialog Control 3.0 (SP3) and it has disappeared as well. Error Run time error 438 - Object does not support this property or object Function Private Function fileName() As String Me.CommandOpenFileDialogue.Filter = "Text|*.txt|All|*.*" Me.CommandOpenFileDialogue.ShowOpen fileName = Me.CommandOpenFil...

How can I get data validation
I want to set up one cell (F41) to contain data validation that verifies that the entered contents are greater than the contents of another cell (F28). Since F41 needs to be greater than F28, I also want to make sure that F41 can't have input if F28 is blank. The first part of my validation formula works fine by itself but the second part doesn't work. Can I combine these two validation checks in one formula as follows? If not, how should it be set up if it can be done at all? =OR(F41>F28,CELL("type",F28)<>"b") Hi =AND((F41>F28);F28<>&...

how can I keep a tab in place?
I have workbooks with multiple worksheets. I would like to keep the summary tab in a fixed (first) position so that the user can easily, quickly find it without using the l<, <, >, >l (arrow) tabs. I use hyperlinks to get from the summary tab to the other tabs, and I know I can hyperlink tab back... but I'd rather not use the hyperlinks too much. Tools - Protection - Protect workbook (for structure) Or, create a custom button/macro that navigates to the summary sheet. -- Best Regards, Luke M "missy8892" <missy8892@discussions.microsoft.com>...

How can a list control respond a tree control message?
I create a list control (CMyList) and a tree control (CMyTree) and want to display different items when the selection changed in the tree control. What I have done is right click my tree control on resource editer and choose 'Add Event Handler...'. I choose TVN_SELCHANGED from Message type and CMyList from Class list. When I run my program and click different item in the tree control, the hangler function in class CMyList does respond it. Could anybody give me some suggestion for coping with the problem? Thanks in advance. Rich I am not sure what you are asking? Do you want a ...

How can I make MS Outlook start only when I click on the program?
It starts up automatically whenever my computer comes out of hibernation. I would like it to not start unless I actually decide to launch the program. How can this be done? Thank you Tracy Close Outlook before your computer goes into hibernation. Any open program will "awake" when the computer awakes. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, smashedpatate asked: | It starts up automatically whenever my comput...

Can't add additional users in deployment manager
Ok, all of a sudden I'm getting this error when trying to add another user for CRM: User 1 ( Guest CRM ) failed : Access is denied. (80070005) - SOAP Server Application Faulted We have a 10 user license, and are only using 8, so it's not licensing. I had no problems setting up the users who are already there. Anyone have any clue as to what this means? Thanks in advance! -Brian Allen I came across this same problem. I seem to recall that the users I was setting up were on a different network segment or were originally pre-Windows 2000 users. I'm not exactly sure what t...

one user can't see any free/busy info for other users
I have a user who can't see others free/busy info. Everybody can see her info but when she tries to setup a meeting with individuals (it doesn't matter who), she gets the slashes and "no information available" message. I've checked all of her local calendar options and nothing looks out of place. I've also tried starting Outlook with /cleanfreebusy and /cleanschedplus; no change. Any further suggestions? ...

Can not insert some PDF files into Outlook 2003
Acrobat 6.0 PRO, Windows XP, Office 2003 I get this error message: Can't create file: XXXXXX.PDF. Right click the folder you want to create the file in and then click properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder. We are trying to insert some PDF files into an E-Mail message, using Outlook 2003. The file(s) reside on a network drive (have even tried copying the file ot the local HD and testing). Only 3 particular files give this error message, while other PDF, Excel, or Word files insert with no problems. These are not links, but the actual files. And...

Can I convert a column into a row?
Excel Question. I simply want to convert a column of figures [each in different cells] into a row with a similar number of cells. Must be simple, but can't seem to find how to do it. Thanks for any replies, guys!! Select the cells in the column you want to paste in the row. copy (control C). Select the same number of cells in a row, click Edit > Paste Special. Select transpose. Click ok. - Mangesh "Lenworth" <Lenworth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBEBCC94-3B52-46D1-934C-224E3C234E6B@microsoft.com... > Excel Question. I simply want to convert ...

Can I change names of fields in calendar?
I am using a calendar like a project manager. I would like to change the names of fields eg Location to Action to be done, Contacts to Action officer. I have been able to change the column headings in Custome view, but this doesn't change teh names of the fields on the calendar form. That is teh form that appears when you make an appointment. No, you can't change them. You could use in-cell editing and create the items in table view, where the column display names can be changed. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &a...

How can I read emails from other employees mailboxes on Exchange 2003
I have exchange 2003, how can I check my employee's emails without resetting their passwords... I would like to be able to check multiple employee's emails periodically. I installed outlook on my exchange server and I granted myself full rights to a specific mailbox is there a better way? I would like to open outlook and be able to pick any of the mailboxes profiles from a drop down box from the AD. Is that possible? THANK YOU! On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 13:08:07 -0500, "mardskee" <amigo@elitemg.com> wrote: >I have exchange 2003, how can I check my employee's...

Can journal record new file types? #2
Basically, can it *automatically* receord new file types, like acrobat fies, that are created or accessed? Sure I can drag and drop to the journal but that's a hassle. ANy help on how to do this automatically would be appreciated. ...

can not create an address book, can not transfer old addresses
It is so conforting to know that the hours I have waisted cannot be from a problem I have caused. I need an answers on transfering my address book into Outlook, nor can I seem to create a new address book. The other problem is my contact list does not fill in the email address that it does contain. Thank you for any help. Elizabeth A word of advice: people are less inclined to help if you appear to be complaining from the start, rather than requesting assistance. Oh, and you spelt 'wasted' wrong. "Elizabeth" <Elizabeth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Can't add Home Equity Line of Credit as a Favorite
I'm using Money 2002 Deluxe, and I recently created a Home Equity Line of Credit account. I've set this account as a "Favorite" in the Account Details screen, but it's not listed as a choice in the Favorites->Organize Favorites- >Accounts screen. Are home equity line of credit accounts not available as "Favorite" accounts in Money 2002? Has this been fixed in 2003/2004 versions? Apparently selecting the account as a "Favorite" from within Account Details does work, since its data transfers successfully to my Palm device (which only syn...

How can I check if an e-mail has been opened?
I would like to track the e-mails not opened when I do a mass mailing. Is there a way to track that in Publisher? No. You can't do that reliably in any application because there are many email programs. Even if they are using Outlook, you can tell your system to never send out a read receipt. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Jill" <Jill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71242736-B9A4-46EE-96E8-2D13CB0E4DD5@microsoft.com... >I would like to track the e-mails...