How can I fetch Disk-ID from a disk connected with USB?

I need to know the exactly LBA size of a disk connected with USB.
I have tried it with IOCTL_DISK_GET_DRIVE_GEOMETRY_EX and some others
like it, but sometimes it does not fetch the exactly LBA size of the
disk and sometimes it does not works.
Finally I tried with the source code like below.

http://www.winsim.com/diskid32/diskid32.cpp

However it only support IDE-connected disk but not USB.
I have spend a whole day with it but it still does not work :(

Thank you for any comment!

BEST REGARDS

Joe Park
0
gandhar (2)
10/7/2003 12:39:21 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Can accumulated totals be added to a calculated column in a pivot table?
Let me explain it.. I have a worksheet with data about planned and real values of investment. The data is shown with several columns that describe some properties of the target market. By example Date | Country | Market | Product | Planned Invesment | Real Investment I need to make a Pivot Table that summarize this data and shows the accumulated difference between planned and real investment, and the chance of showing it using any of the dimensions listed above. By Example Date | Country | Planned | Real | Difference | Accumulated Diff. 01/2006 | USA ...

Can I move all contact birthdays to the calender?
How can I move my contact birthdays to my outlook calender automatically (ie: I don't have to individually make an event for each one) Mike L;110705 Wrote: > How can I move my contact birthdays to my outlook calender automatically > (ie: > I don't have to individually make an event for each one) Outlook should create a birthday event automatically when you add the contact, provided you specified the contact's birthdate. Are you saying this didn't happen? -- Brian Tillman Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] -- http://forums.slipstick.com they s...

How can I split a project day into hours to avoid overallocation?
Hello all, I am still facing overallocation problems. I have looked at other posts (including Jan's); but, I am having trouble resolving the over allocation. For example: It seems to me that - if two tasks happen on the same day (even if they are both 2 hours long and the working day is set to 8 hours) MS Project makes them clash. How can I say - set one task to start at 9-11am and one to start at 1-3pm? Surely this will avoind the overallocation. Why doesn't MS Project seem to realsie that: if the working day is 8 hours and someone is working 100% on a 4 ...

Newly created users can not log in to Exch2K
I'm running Win2K Server sp4 and Exch2K sp3. As of last Friday, any newly created user can log into the domain but can not access the exchange server. They keep getting the "user-ID, domain, password" prompt. I've tried deleting the user and re-adding to no avail. I've checked licensing and all is well in that area. Any ideas? Thanks in Advance. Hi, Did you checked the user's properties and can you see the users e-mail address ? I think that the user properties are not updated. Do a manual update to all, close ESM and open again and see. And check is the admi...

can't get sheet to display after editing header
I was working on a spreadsheet in Excel 2007 that I had previously created in Excel 2003. When I edited the header in page layout and switch back to normal view my data disappeared. I can see the data in print preview, but don't know how to view it and work with it in normal view because in noraml view it is hidden. What am i doing wrong? Jas ...

Can't get rid of mailbox??
I have a user that was disabled, then removed from the domain, but I can't get rid of this _DIS <username> from showing in the Mailbox Resources screen. Any ideas? Thanks!! Do you have mailbox retention set up (30 days by default)? Is the mailbox showing up in Mailbox Resources with a Red 'X' on it? Is it if you run the clean up agent? If it is showing up with the red 'X' and you have mailbox retention set that is why it is still there. You can manually purge it by right clicking on it in Mailbox Resources and choosing 'Purge.' -- Hope that hel...

how do I access training for OneNote 2010. Can only find 2007
Have just down loaded office 2010. I was going to do the training session for OneNote 2010 but decided to leave it until later. Can anyone direct me to the training exercise. I can only find training for onenote 2007 Thanks I'm not aware of any training available for OneNote 2010 just yet - keep in mind that the 2010 product won't officially be released until June. I'll keep my eyes open though, and post it if I find any. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.onenote-tips.com "Elainet" <...

Can't Create a Batch File that's Executable
I'm running Windows Home Premium, SP2. Windows Defender, Spyware Doctor, MBAM, SAS and CCleaner. MS Office 2007. 2 GB of RAM. All WU's are current. System is running fine. I'm having trouble with Win Defender Definitions updates so I'm working via e-mail with MS to reset my Security Settings and Permissions. One of their suggestions is to create a batch file using Run==>Cmd==notepad and have this file contain the following: @echo off subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=administrators=f subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=administrators...

Can't delete "virus" program from Temp Folders
Hi! I have 3 remaining "virus" programs in temp folders: * c:\windows|temp * c:\Doc & Sett\name\local settings\Temp When delete or move to desktop, get error: "Cannnot move........being used by another program..." Tried Safe Mode, but "virus" programs not there...... Any way I can delete or move to trash? MUCH THANKS! Gene:) What program are you using to try to remove them? What anti-virus app is installed, and is that what you are using to remove them? Install update and run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and see if it can remove them in...

OFXIE12045 error message connecting to Schwab
Hi Everyone, I just started getting this message updating my Charles Schwab account -- it says It can't establish a secure connection b/c I dont' have the needed security components. I'm running M07 with Vista -- been working great up until today. any ideas? thanks! I am also getting a message that Money H&B 2008 cannot update my Schwab files. It was working fine earlier in the day but just started having the problem. I suggest waiting until tomorrow morning to see if it is a Schwab problem and clears up. I would appreciate it if you would update your status when ...

Why does a drop ship PO need a Site ID for the line items?
What line item Site ID would I use on drop ship POs? On a normal PO, the Site ID is where the product will be inventoried; for a drop ship, it will never come into our warehouse so I'm confused why I would need to enter something here. The address to which the vendor ships the product is put into the Shipping Address ID (which makes sense)....I just don't get why you need a Site ID. -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 Bud, The Site ID is a required field and you will be asked to enter one, even when entering a drop-ship PO. Best rega...

usb storage
hello, i have created an UpperFilter driver for the DiskDrive class. the purpose is to enable/disable usb sticks. i have created a control device object and created a couple of IOCTRLs, so that my user app can do the enabling/disabling. to disable, in AddDevice, i do IoGetDeviceProperty on the DeviceObject's DevicePropertyHardwareID. if it begins with USBSTOR then i set a 'isUsb' flag on the DeviceExtension. then, in the IRP_MJ_CREATE handler, i get this flag back, and if set, i just do IoCompleteRequest and return success. this works just fine - when i insert a u...

Can I only recalculate a part of a worksheet?
Dear all, My .xls file consists of several worksheets. Manual recalculation of these worksheets is slow. May I know if it is possible to make a button which only recalculates a part of a worksheet, say A1:B100 of Sheet 1? Thanks. Best Regards, Chris Hi AFAIK this is not possible -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Chris wrote: > Dear all, > > My .xls file consists of several worksheets. Manual recalculation > of these worksheets is slow. May I know if it is possible to make a > button which only recalculates a part of a worksheet, say A1:B100 of > Sheet ...

Can't view template file in Tools>Options>File Locations
I have created a template and saved it to a shared folder. When users who have access to this folder try to add this template to their 'On my computer...' template list by selecting Tools>Options>File Locations>Workgroup templates>Modify, the template is not visible in the 'Modify Location' window. The template is visible in Windows Explorer, and when users navigate to its location in Word using File>New. Why would the template not appear in the 'Modify Location' window? Any ideas for how I can make it appear? In that dialog, you will no...

RMS installtion ID
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C81D68.50C214C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, Does any one know how RMS create installation ID? When I tried to = register RMS 2.0 by phone, the customer support representative ask me = the installtion ID. It 's different from Product key and product ID. Thanks ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C81D68.50C214C0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C...

RDC Error
Hi - I know there is a fix for this error somewhere in the "bowels" of MS KB articles, I just can't seem to find it after numerous searches. The fix has to do with deleting some registry keys then using RDC as admin to reset the security keys or something to that effect. It only seems to pop up whenever there is a "patch update" to which then I can no longer RDC. If anyone could point me in the right direction. Thanks!!! Found it... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/187614 "Awrex" wrote: > Hi - > > I kno...

how can I fix the size of frame? once I fixed ,the user cannot changed its size
handle WM_GETMINMAXINFO see http://www.codeguru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=318933 "msnews.microsoft.com" <on_lixing@163.com> д���ʼ� news:OgxZDM45FHA.472@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > Handle CFrameWnd::OnGetMinMaxInfo and specify whatever size you want for your frame to be. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "msnews.microsoft.com" <on_lixing@163.com> wrote in message news:OgxZDM45FHA.472@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > ...

Problem with connecting automatically
I have a little problem with my Outlook. When I start the program it doesn't connect automatically anymore, I have to wait for about a minute. I've tried to change the setting in Tools>Option (General tab/Send recieve mail) but with no luck. ...

Can I mouse over an object and make it move?
I'm going to have a survey question on a slide where the answer is a number. I'm going to have small icons with the numbers on them (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5+). I only want the icon with the number 3 on it to be "clickable" and send them to the next slide. The other icons I want to move to another spot on the page if they mouse over the icon. Is this possible? How do I do this? Thanks in advance for any help! In article <AA0384FC-8446-44EC-8509-C71324B4F2A1@microsoft.com>, Sharpie wrote: > I'm going to have a survey question on a slide where the answer is a ...

Microsoft Document Connection for Mac
When I connect to Share Point through Microsoft Document Connection for Mac and attempt to Edit or Check Out a document (whether Word or Excel) when Excel or Word attempts to open up the document an error shows up stating " 'up to the first 15 characters of the document name' could not be found." I assumed it was an issue with long file names and lowered the file name to 7 characters with no spaces and still get the same error. I am using Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.1) with the latest version of Office 2008. Jeremy Combs wrote: > When I connect to Share Point through M...

can not send without error code
Hi, kindly help me. Out of sudden I can not send my email, but I still can receive email. My outgoing email just sitting in the outbox. I try send and receive several times, there is no error code but they only receiving without even try to send I do not change anything in the setting and even truy to recheck all the setting (SMTP, etc) and everything still ok need your immediate response, many thanks in advance How to Remove a Stuck Undeletable Message in Windows Mail http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/62560-windows-mail-problems.html WMUtil http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/De...

Key ID
I lost my Office 2002, ID#, had to format hard driver, and lost my Office 2002, and can't fine my ID How to obtain a new product key for Office program setup http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en_us;823570&Product=ofw2k -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Help me PLEASE!!!!!" <Help me PLEASE!!!!!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C702BF1-DCBB-4B21-BE68-3A6893F1ACD9@microsoft.com... >I lost my Office 2002, ID#, had to format hard driver, and lost my Office > 2002, and can't fine my ID --- Outgoing mail is certifie...

Calculation time
I have a large file, approx 10MB, in excel 2003. Most of the data relates to calculations for around 5,000 records, and the workbook takes too long to recalculate. All the vlookup's have been replaced with Index / Match, but it's still slow, and I have a number of macros that rely upon it recalculating. Based on a post here, I went to this site: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa730921.aspx and ran the timer macros to try and isolate the problem. The FullCalcTimer takes around 19 secs The ReCalcTimer takes 0.00013 secs, and The SheetTimer takes no more than 0.01...

can 2 copies of mail be saved in outlook
I would like to be able to have 2 copies of mail saved in Outlook, so mail can be simultaniously be opened on 2 computers with the same email address. Is this possible? Outlook saves data on the local PC If you want to access the same recieved mails on another PC, you set up your mail account in Outlook on the other PC, and on both Outlooks you select the option to keep a copy on the server. (The sent mail will only be seen on the PC it was sent from) If you use an imap account the mail will be in sync on both PC's "dd" <dd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

I can't get Outlook to open Word as my e-mail editor.
This morning I tried to reply to an e-mail and got the message "Outlook is opening Word 2003 as your e-mail editor" (or something to that effect). The window just stayed onscreen and eventually ended up hanging. Help! :) Are you running the same version of Outlook and Word? Have you applied SP-1 for Office 2003? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, CheshireQat asked: ...