How can I change the position where minimized windows go ?

Hi,
How Can I Change the position where Minimized Windows go, i.e Can I make
them go to the upleft corner ?

Thanks

0
behzad
7/9/2008 8:08:38 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"behzad" <bn at yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>How Can I Change the position where Minimized Windows go, i.e Can I make
>them go to the upleft corner ?

They go onto the toolbar, and the user can drag the toolbar to
whichever edge of the screen he wants it on.

--
Tim Slattery
MS MVP(Shell/User)
On Jul 9, 3:08=A0am, "behzad" <bn at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> How Can I Change the position where Minimized Windows go, i.e Can I make
> them go to the upleft corner ?
>
> Thanks

Agha Behzad,

You can but its not easy.  You will have to catch the minimize message
in
the child frame, and then do some calculations to see where the
window
should go, and move it there, that calculation should probably happen
in the
main frame.

For example:
BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(CChildFrame, CMDIChildWnd)
    ON_WM_SYSCOMMAND()
END_MESSAGE_MAP()

void CChildFrame::OnSysCommand(UINT nID,LPARAM lParam)
{
    CMDIChildWnd::OnSysCommand(nID,lParam);
    if (nID =3D=3D SC_MINIMIZE)
    {
        SetWindowPos(NULL,0,0,0,0,SWP_NOSIZE|SWP_NOZORDER);
    }
}

As you notice it will simply stack the minimized windows one on top of
the
other, but it proves that it can be done.  And one other thing, this
window
position has to be done only once pre window. From there on windows
remembers its minimized position and will return it there every time
the
user minimized the window after that.  Also the user may want to move
the
window while it is minimized, which means that if they restore it and
then
minimize it again it should return to the position that the user has
dragged
it to, and you have to respect that.

AliR.

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

Territory Change

chart MAcro to change on activecell

Window Redirection?

Money and Windows Mobile 5.0 Devices
I've got a new Windows Mobile 5.0 device and have found that the PPC Money client for Money 2005 will not sync to it. From http://www.microsoft.com/money/MoneyForHandHeldDevices.mspx it appears Money 2004-6 will not sync but it doesn't mention anything about Money 2007...but I can't find a Windows Mobile Client for 2007. Is there anyway to get any version of Money to sync to a Windows Mobile 5.0 device? Thanks, Don Not at present, except by using third party software such as SPB Finance/ -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org See http://money.mvps.or...

Changing font in Money 2004 register?

can i download lxce serv.exe

Windows Server 2008 R2 04-09-10

Connecting to domain on SBS 2003 after windows xp sp3 repair
I'm having a problem with a computer at work. The computer is a dell optiplex gx270 it runs windows xp pro sp3. It is part of the office domain. A few days ago there was a problem shutting it down cleanly. As a result the person just hit the power button to shut the pc off. After that when the computer started it would boot and go through the windows start up but would when you tried to hit ctrl-alt-del to log in nothing would happen. There was absolutely no way to log on. I tried doing a manual rollback of the registry to a few days before the initial incident but that didn't ...

how many receivers i can add

Couldn't Find c:\windows\system32\system.mdw Message
Loaded Access 97 on my new Vista Machine and got the above message when I tried to start Access. How do I fix this ? Vista has more stringent rules about who, and how you can write to the System32 (or Windows for that matter) folder. If you have another machine with and unsecured system.mdw file try to copy it to your new one. If it lets you, you are fine, if not you'll need to work with someone in a Vista newsgroup to figure out what the problem is. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "JWalker" <JWalker...

Changing language

Can't configure Outlook Express