Hiding opened windows icons on tray

When I run my application it instantiates some object which displays a
window in the display center and also some small window on the tray, at the
bottom of the screen. Can I hide this small window (without loosing
functionality)?

Thanks in advance

Marom

0
marom (2)
1/16/2007 12:02:00 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

check these out
http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/framewo...icle.php/c3227/
http://vcfaq.mvps.org/mfc/4.htm

"Marom" <marom@mandat.com> wrote in message
> When I run my application it instantiates some object which displays a
> window in the display center and also some small window on the tray, at
> the
> bottom of the screen. Can I hide this small window (without loosing
> functionality)?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Marom

0
mm9402 (8)
1/16/2007 2:16:03 PM
When I've done this in the past I simply use ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) on the
mainframe window when I want to get rid of the taskbar icon.  There are
probably better ways to do it, but this worked OK for me.  The caveat is
that the program starts and then is minimized to the task bar at run time.
I kind of like that effect.  The program I worked on also restores itself
when the user double clicks on the icon and has a real GUI.

Tom

"Marom" <marom@mandat.com> wrote in message
> When I run my application it instantiates some object which displays a
> window in the display center and also some small window on the tray, at
> the
> bottom of the screen. Can I hide this small window (without loosing
> functionality)?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Marom

0
tserface (3861)
1/16/2007 2:56:12 PM
Sorry to be misleading...

In the first case I was talking about the icon on the taskbar that shows up
for every program.  In the second "side" I was talking about the smaller
icon on the tray (on the far right side of the taskbar - or bottom).  If you
hide the main window the "tray" version will not show (of course the desktop
won't show either).

This link illustrates what I'm talking about:

http://www.codeproject.com/shell/mfcstartup.asp
http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/controls/controls/systemtray/article.php/c5309/

That said, it sounds like you are trying to hide the tray icon instead (the
one on the right).  Is that true?  If that's what you're trying to do why
not just make it a regular application and not do the notify calls?

Tom

"Marim" <marom@john.com> wrote in message
> Thanks,
> But I think I didn't get it. In one side you say that "...I want to get
> rid of the taskbar icon".
> On the other side you say "when the user double clicks on the icon ".
> So how can a user clicks an icon that he doesn't see?
>
> Or am I miss something?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Marom
>
> "Tom Serface" <tserface@msn.com> wrote in message
>> When I've done this in the past I simply use ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) on the
>> mainframe window when I want to get rid of the taskbar icon.  There are
>> probably better ways to do it, but this worked OK for me.  The caveat is
>> that the program starts and then is minimized to the task bar at run
>> time. I kind of like that effect.  The program I worked on also restores
>> itself when the user double clicks on the icon and has a real GUI.
>>
>> Tom
>>
>> "Marom" <marom@mandat.com> wrote in message
>>> When I run my application it instantiates some object which displays a
>>> window in the display center and also some small window on the tray, at
>>> the
>>> bottom of the screen. Can I hide this small window (without loosing
>>> functionality)?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance
>>>
>>> Marom

0
tserface (3861)
1/16/2007 4:48:00 PM
i guess these are code samples ........
Isnt this what u asked for ....

> Thanks,
>
> Regarding the first link I guise there are some missed characters instead
> of the dots...
> Is there a solution for some other applications that I can hook with any
> win32 api?
>
> Thanks
>
> Marom
> "Mubashir Khan" <mm@kk.com> wrote in message
>> check these out
>> http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/framewo...icle.php/c3227/
>> http://vcfaq.mvps.org/mfc/4.htm
>>
>> "Marom" <marom@mandat.com> wrote in message
>>> When I run my application it instantiates some object which displays a
>>> window in the display center and also some small window on the tray, at
>>> the
>>> bottom of the screen. Can I hide this small window (without loosing
>>> functionality)?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance
>>>
>>> Marom

0
mm9402 (8)
1/16/2007 6:02:33 PM
Hi Marim,

I think to do this you are going to have to write a COM interface handler
for ITaskBarList interface.  I found some code on expert's exchange that
went away the second time I went there (the interface there if you don't log
in is kind of weird).  Anyway I pasted it below in case it helps you, but I
haven't tried it.  I don't know the original author, but I'm assuming since
it was posted in that forum it is public domain.

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Programming/Programming_Languages/MFC/Q_10185964.html

I don't think this is an easy thing to accomplish (having a desktop
application running with no taskbar icon with it).  I confess to still being
a little confused about exactly what you're trying to do, but I hope this
helps get in you the right direction...

Tom

--------- Message from Experts-Exchange.
I have the answer for this, but it's a bit difficult and long winded. Not
sure if this is the only answer, but I use it and I haven't seen any other
solutions.

The method is based on using the ITaskBarList interface, and its
corresponding methods, DeleteTab and AddTab. The only problem is that there
is no documentation or header files, so you have to create your own.

Please read carfully and i'll try and explain.

1) Add the following to the head of the cpp file that will control the
taskbar.
#include "taskbarlist.h"

2) Create taskbarlist.h and add the following.

/* this ALWAYS GENERATED file contains the definitions for the interfaces */

/* File created by MIDL compiler version 5.01.0164 */
/* at Wed Nov 11 14:48:42 1998
 */
/* Compiler settings
    Os (OptLev=s), W1, Zp8, env=Win32, ms_ext, c_ext
    error checks: allocation ref bounds_check enum stub_data
*/
//@@MIDL_FILE_HEADING(  )

/* verify that the <rpcndr.h> version is high enough to compile this file*/
#ifndef __REQUIRED_RPCNDR_H_VERSION__
#define __REQUIRED_RPCNDR_H_VERSION__ 440
#endif

#include "rpc.h"
#include "rpcndr.h"

#ifndef __RPCNDR_H_VERSION__
#error this stub requires an updated version of <rpcndr.h>
#endif // __RPCNDR_H_VERSION__

#ifndef COM_NO_WINDOWS_H
#include "windows.h"
#include "ole2.h"
#endif /*COM_NO_WINDOWS_H*/

#ifndef __ITaskbarList_h__
#define __ITaskbarList_h__

#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C"{
#endif

/* Forward Declarations */

#ifndef __ITaskbarList_FWD_DEFINED__
#define __ITaskbarList_FWD_DEFINED__
typedef interface ITaskbarList ITaskbarList;
#endif      /* __ITaskbarList_FWD_DEFINED__ */

/* header files for imported files */
#include "oaidl.h"
#include "oleidl.h"

void __RPC_FAR * __RPC_USER MIDL_user_allocate(size_t);
void __RPC_USER MIDL_user_free( void __RPC_FAR * );

#ifndef __ITaskbarList_INTERFACE_DEFINED__
#define __ITaskbarList_INTERFACE_DEFINED__

/* interface ITaskbarList */
/* [unique][uuid][object][local] */

EXTERN_C const IID IID_ITaskbarList;

#if defined(__cplusplus) && !defined(CINTERFACE)

    MIDL_INTERFACE("BD4FAF8A-E047-11D2-9BC0-0004ACB296D8")
    ITaskbarList : public IUnknown
    {
    public:
        virtual HRESULT STDMETHODCALLTYPE ActivateTab(
            /* [in] */ HWND hWnd) = 0;

        virtual HRESULT STDMETHODCALLTYPE AddTab(
            /* [in] */ HWND hWnd) = 0;

        virtual HRESULT STDMETHODCALLTYPE DeleteTab(
            /* [in] */ HWND hWnd) = 0;

        virtual HRESULT STDMETHODCALLTYPE HrInit( void) = 0;

        virtual HRESULT STDMETHODCALLTYPE SetActiveAlt(
            /* [in] */ HWND hWnd) = 0;

    };

#else      /* C style interface */

    typedef struct ITaskbarListVtbl
    {
        BEGIN_INTERFACE

        HRESULT ( STDMETHODCALLTYPE __RPC_FAR *QueryInterface )(
            ITaskbarList __RPC_FAR * This,
            /* [in] */ REFIID riid,
            /* [iid_is][out] */ void __RPC_FAR *__RPC_FAR *ppvObject);

        ULONG ( STDMETHODCALLTYPE __RPC_FAR *AddRef )(
            ITaskbarList __RPC_FAR * This);

        ULONG ( STDMETHODCALLTYPE __RPC_FAR *Release )(
            ITaskbarList __RPC_FAR * This);

        HRESULT ( STDMETHODCALLTYPE __RPC_FAR *ActivateTab )(
            ITaskbarList __RPC_FAR * This,
            /* [in] */ HWND hWnd);

        HRESULT ( STDMETHODCALLTYPE __RPC_FAR *AddTab )(
            ITaskbarList __RPC_FAR * This,
            /* [in] */ HWND hWnd);

        HRESULT ( STDMETHODCALLTYPE __RPC_FAR *DeleteTab )(
            ITaskbarList __RPC_FAR * This,
            /* [in] */ HWND hWnd);

        HRESULT ( STDMETHODCALLTYPE __RPC_FAR *HrInit )(
            ITaskbarList __RPC_FAR * This);

        HRESULT ( STDMETHODCALLTYPE __RPC_FAR *SetActiveAlt )(
            ITaskbarList __RPC_FAR * This,
            /* [in] */ HWND hWnd);

        END_INTERFACE
    } ITaskbarListVtbl;

    interface ITaskbarList
    {
        CONST_VTBL struct ITaskbarListVtbl __RPC_FAR *lpVtbl;
    };

#ifdef COBJMACROS

#define ITaskbarList_QueryInterface(This,riid,ppvObject)     \
    (This)->lpVtbl -> QueryInterface(This,riid,ppvObject)

#define ITaskbarList_AddRef(This)     \
    (This)->lpVtbl -> AddRef(This)

#define ITaskbarList_Release(This)     \
    (This)->lpVtbl -> Release(This)

#define ITaskbarList_ActivateTab(This,hWnd)     \
    (This)->lpVtbl -> ActivateTab(This,hWnd)

#define ITaskbarList_AddTab(This,hWnd)     \
    (This)->lpVtbl -> AddTab(This,hWnd)

#define ITaskbarList_DeleteTab(This,hWnd)     \
    (This)->lpVtbl -> DeleteTab(This,hWnd)

#define ITaskbarList_HrInit(This)     \
    (This)->lpVtbl -> HrInit(This)

#define ITaskbarList_SetActiveAlt(This,hWnd)     \
    (This)->lpVtbl -> SetActiveAlt(This,hWnd)

#endif /* COBJMACROS */

#endif      /* C style interface */

HRESULT STDMETHODCALLTYPE ITaskbarList_ActivateTab_Proxy(
    ITaskbarList __RPC_FAR * This,
    /* [in] */ HWND hWnd);

void __RPC_STUB ITaskbarList_ActivateTab_Stub(
    IRpcStubBuffer *This,
    IRpcChannelBuffer *_pRpcChannelBuffer,
    PRPC_MESSAGE _pRpcMessage,
    DWORD *_pdwStubPhase);

HRESULT STDMETHODCALLTYPE ITaskbarList_AddTab_Proxy(
    ITaskbarList __RPC_FAR * This,
    /* [in] */ HWND hWnd);

void __RPC_STUB ITaskbarList_AddTab_Stub(
    IRpcStubBuffer *This,
    IRpcChannelBuffer *_pRpcChannelBuffer,
    PRPC_MESSAGE _pRpcMessage,
    DWORD *_pdwStubPhase);

HRESULT STDMETHODCALLTYPE ITaskbarList_DeleteTab_Proxy(
    ITaskbarList __RPC_FAR * This,
    /* [in] */ HWND hWnd);

void __RPC_STUB ITaskbarList_DeleteTab_Stub(
    IRpcStubBuffer *This,
    IRpcChannelBuffer *_pRpcChannelBuffer,
    PRPC_MESSAGE _pRpcMessage,
    DWORD *_pdwStubPhase);

HRESULT STDMETHODCALLTYPE ITaskbarList_HrInit_Proxy(
    ITaskbarList __RPC_FAR * This);

void __RPC_STUB ITaskbarList_HrInit_Stub(
    IRpcStubBuffer *This,
    IRpcChannelBuffer *_pRpcChannelBuffer,
    PRPC_MESSAGE _pRpcMessage,
    DWORD *_pdwStubPhase);

HRESULT STDMETHODCALLTYPE ITaskbarList_SetActiveAlt_Proxy(
    ITaskbarList __RPC_FAR * This,
    /* [in] */ HWND hWnd);

void __RPC_STUB ITaskbarList_SetActiveAlt_Stub(
    IRpcStubBuffer *This,
    IRpcChannelBuffer *_pRpcChannelBuffer,
    PRPC_MESSAGE _pRpcMessage,
    DWORD *_pdwStubPhase);

#endif      /* __ITaskbarList_INTERFACE_DEFINED__ */

_COM_SMARTPTR_TYPEDEF(ITaskbarList, __uuidof(ITaskbarList));

/* Additional Prototypes for ALL interfaces */

/* end of Additional Prototypes */

#ifdef __cplusplus
}
#endif

#endif

3) Create a RGS file called TaskBarList.rgs and add the following.

HKCR
{
     FTPSubUI.TaskBarList.1 = s 'TaskBarList Class'
     {
          CLSID = s '{15454908-E047-11D2-9BC0-0004ACB296D8}'
     }
     FTPSubUI.TaskBarList = s 'TaskBarList Class'
     {
          CLSID = s '{15454908-E047-11D2-9BC0-0004ACB296D8}'
          CurVer = s 'FTPSubUI.TaskBarList.1'
     }
     NoRemove CLSID
     {
          ForceRemove {15454908-E047-11D2-9BC0-0004ACB296D8} = s
'TaskBarList Class'
          {
               ProgID = s 'FTPSubUI.TaskBarList.1'
               VersionIndependentProgID = s 'FTPSubUI.TaskBarList'
               ForceRemove 'Programmable'
               LocalServer32 = s '%MODULE%'
               val AppID = s '{AF2606D7-A096-11D2-9B6F-0004ACB296D8}'
               'TypeLib' = s '{AF2606D6-A096-11D2-9B6F-0004ACB296D8}'
          }
     }
}
HKCR
{
     FTPSubUI.TaskBarList.1 = s 'TaskBarList Class'
     {
          CLSID = s '{BD4FAF8B-E047-11D2-9BC0-0004ACB296D8}'
     }
     FTPSubUI.TaskBarList = s 'TaskBarList Class'
     {
          CLSID = s '{BD4FAF8B-E047-11D2-9BC0-0004ACB296D8}'
          CurVer = s 'FTPSubUI.TaskBarList.1'
     }
     NoRemove CLSID
     {
          ForceRemove {BD4FAF8B-E047-11D2-9BC0-0004ACB296D8} = s
'TaskBarList Class'
          {
               ProgID = s 'FTPSubUI.TaskBarList.1'
               VersionIndependentProgID = s 'FTPSubUI.TaskBarList'
               ForceRemove 'Programmable'
               LocalServer32 = s '%MODULE%'
               val AppID = s '{AF2606D7-A096-11D2-9B6F-0004ACB296D8}'
               'TypeLib' = s '{AF2606D6-A096-11D2-9B6F-0004ACB296D8}'
          }
     }
}

4) The above .h and .rgs file provide all the information needed for the
ITaskBarList Com object. So all you need to do now is create the object and
call a method.

4a) Calling the DeleteTab method.
     ITaskbarList*      pTaskBarList      = 0 ;

     // Create TaskBarList object
     CoCreateInstance(     CLSID_TaskbarList,
               NULL,
               CLSCTX_SERVER,
                         IID_ITaskbarList,
               reinterpret_cast<void**>(&pTaskBarList)),
               ITaskBarList );

// Delete the applications button the taskbar.
pTaskBarList->DeleteTab( m_hWnd ) ;

     // Release the taskbarlist interface.
     if( pTaskBarList != 0 )
     {
          pTaskBarList->Release() ;
     }

4b) Adding a button to the taskbar. Just replace the deleteTab with AddTab.
pTaskBarList->AddTab( m_hwnd ) ;

Thats all.

> Thanks again Tom,
> Your last assumption was right but I still miss something. If I create a
> regular application than when it starts, it adds a small icon (actual a
> button which can be clicked) which can be clicked and it puts the
> corresponding session in focus. This is standard and its automatic.
> What I want is to hide/eliminate this small button.
>
> Thanks again
>
> Marom
>
>> That said, it sounds like you are trying to hide the tray icon instead
>> (the one on the right).  Is that true?  If that's what you're trying to
>> do why not just make it a regular application and not do the notify
>> calls?
>>
>> Tom
>>

>> "Marim" <marom@john.com> wrote in message
>>> Thanks,
>>> But I think I didn't get it. In one side you say that "...I want to get
>>> rid of the taskbar icon".
>>> On the other side you say "when the user double clicks on the icon ".
>>> So how can a user clicks an icon that he doesn't see?
>>>
>>> Or am I miss something?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>> Marom
>>>
>>> "Tom Serface" <tserface@msn.com> wrote in message

0
tserface (3861)
1/16/2007 6:49:45 PM
Thanks,

Regarding the first link I guise there are some missed characters instead of
the dots...
Is there a solution for some other applications that I can hook with any
win32 api?

Thanks

Marom
"Mubashir Khan" <mm@kk.com> wrote in message
> check these out
> http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/framewo...icle.php/c3227/
> http://vcfaq.mvps.org/mfc/4.htm
>
> "Marom" <marom@mandat.com> wrote in message
>> When I run my application it instantiates some object which displays a
>> window in the display center and also some small window on the tray, at
>> the
>> bottom of the screen. Can I hide this small window (without loosing
>> functionality)?
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> Marom

0
marom1 (9)
1/17/2007 1:18:12 AM
Thanks,
But I think I didn't get it. In one side you say that "...I want to get rid
of the taskbar icon".
On the other side you say "when the user double clicks on the icon ".
So how can a user clicks an icon that he doesn't see?

Or am I miss something?

Thanks in advance.
Marom

"Tom Serface" <tserface@msn.com> wrote in message
> When I've done this in the past I simply use ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) on the
> mainframe window when I want to get rid of the taskbar icon.  There are
> probably better ways to do it, but this worked OK for me.  The caveat is
> that the program starts and then is minimized to the task bar at run time.
> I kind of like that effect.  The program I worked on also restores itself
> when the user double clicks on the icon and has a real GUI.
>
> Tom
>
> "Marom" <marom@mandat.com> wrote in message
>> When I run my application it instantiates some object which displays a
>> window in the display center and also some small window on the tray, at
>> the
>> bottom of the screen. Can I hide this small window (without loosing
>> functionality)?
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> Marom

0
marom1 (9)
1/17/2007 1:21:32 AM
Thanks again Tom,
Your last assumption was right but I still miss something. If I create a
regular application than when it starts, it adds a small icon (actual a
button which can be clicked) which can be clicked and it puts the
corresponding session in focus. This is standard and its automatic.
What I want is to hide/eliminate this small button.

Thanks again

Marom

> That said, it sounds like you are trying to hide the tray icon instead
> (the one on the right).  Is that true?  If that's what you're trying to do
> why not just make it a regular application and not do the notify calls?
>
> Tom
>

> "Marim" <marom@john.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks,
>> But I think I didn't get it. In one side you say that "...I want to get
>> rid of the taskbar icon".
>> On the other side you say "when the user double clicks on the icon ".
>> So how can a user clicks an icon that he doesn't see?
>>
>> Or am I miss something?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>> Marom
>>
>> "Tom Serface" <tserface@msn.com> wrote in message
>>> When I've done this in the past I simply use ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) on the
>>> mainframe window when I want to get rid of the taskbar icon.  There are
>>> probably better ways to do it, but this worked OK for me.  The caveat is
>>> that the program starts and then is minimized to the task bar at run
>>> time. I kind of like that effect.  The program I worked on also restores
>>> itself when the user double clicks on the icon and has a real GUI.
>>>
>>> Tom
>>>
>>> "Marom" <marom@mandat.com> wrote in message

0
marom1 (9)
1/17/2007 3:54:44 AM
I think this is the link he was trying to send.

http://www.codeguru.com/Csharp/.NET/net_framework/microsoftnamespace/article.php/c3227

AliR.

>i guess these are code samples ........
> Isnt this what u asked for ....
>
> "Marim" <marom@john.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Regarding the first link I guise there are some missed characters instead
>> of the dots...
>> Is there a solution for some other applications that I can hook with any
>> win32 api?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Marom
>> "Mubashir Khan" <mm@kk.com> wrote in message
>>> check these out
>>> http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/framewo...icle.php/c3227/
>>> http://vcfaq.mvps.org/mfc/4.htm
>>>
>>> "Marom" <marom@mandat.com> wrote in message

0
AliR3470 (3236)

Open with list
I clicked on an .MP4 file, and noticed the "open with" list did not have iTunes. No big deal, I could select iTunes from my Applications, but why is it not on that list - and how can I add it to that list? Registering programs with the "Open With" dialog: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/openwithadd.htm ....Alan -- Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorer http://dts-l.com/index.htm On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 10:43:59 -0600, in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, Howard Brazee <howard@brazee.net> wrote: >I clicked on an .MP4 file, and noticed th...

Macro to open non-Visio document on double-click
When I double-click an object in my flowchart I would like to open up a Word document or an Excel Document, but I can't see that there is an easy way to do this. Looking under the Double-Click behavior of a shape I see that I can assign a macro to run upon double-click, but I don't know how to create a new one. Can I create a macro or Visual Basic script in the Standard version of Vision that I have which would perform the "Open Document" task that I need done? visio's integration with M$ office is a common desire. there are a couple of good examples on how to ...

files & icons always in "details" type view
Hello: I've created some folders in the desktop, and put inside shortcuts to programs that I use mostly. Although I always choose view --> icons, at each startup shortcuts re-appears in "details" view mode. I checked in "folder options", "Remember each folder's view settings" is checked, so what's the problem? thank you Maurice ...

Can't Open Item after Exchange 2003 Enterprise Install
I just installed a new Windows 2003 Enterprise Server with Exchnage 2003 Enterprise and some of my users have a problem opening some email messages. They get the error "Can't Open Item" Once they close Outlook XP SP-2, reopen Outlook and then try, they can open the email. This may happen to them 3 or more times a day. Any ideas? Thanks Brice P. Duffy Manager of Information Systems Mackall, Crounse & Moore, PLC bpd@mcmlaw.com What version of outlook? "Brice Duffy" <bpd@mcmlaw.com> wrote in message news:utKQV$$KFHA.1608@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... &...

Error opening File
I keep getting the message "Publisher cannot open files from a different version". I am running PUB'98 and assume that the files are in '97 format but cannot find a way to open them or import them. If I try selecting file from the Pub browser then it can preview the object but I still cannot open it. Please help someone as this is getting damn frustrating! Thanks What makes you "assume" the files are Pub 97? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jim hooper" <JH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3ceb01c47f26$b2636640$...

After Closing a Personal Folder, How do you Re-Open it?
My boss closed a personal folder and we can't see it now to re-open it? Any one got any ideas? Thanks File > Open... -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Tom Storm" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2d2401c49b4a$9ce3da80$a501280a@phx.gbl... > My boss closed a personal folder and we can't see it now > to re-open it? Any one got any ideas? > > Thanks ...

I open 2007 file, it opens as .ppt (2003) read only
When I open up my 2007 files .pptx by double-clicking on it, it opens as a ..ppt (Read Only) (Compatibility Mode). I then have to do a "save as" 2007 file. However, when I open it by doing file-open - it opens as a 2007 file. Does anyone know why yhis happens and if there is a preference I can set to have them open as 2007 files when I double-click on it? Thanks in advance! -- Marc One solution would be right clicking the file and selecting properties and going to the " General" tab and changing the program it uses to open as a default(i am not aware...

How do I open my own 'safe' attachments I have emailed through ou.
I have just purchased a new computer with new Outlook Express. But for some reason I can't open the word doc. attachments I have sent with my emails. An OE message comes up saying that access is denied because they are unsafe. They aren't unsafe - they are just simple word text docs. Help please! Open Outlook Express and select Tools | Options | Security tab and uncheck the second option from the top concerning attachments. "LizJ" <LizJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5741CCF9-D1A8-429F-9315-EB3043C7CB45@microsoft.com... > I have just purchas...

open a published PDF file with a non PDF assigned application
Hi, I want to publish a wod document to PDF and open the published file with an application that is not the one that is assigned to the PDF extension. Is there a way to configure my word/office 2007 to open a specific application for PDF files? Thanks Talyas On May 27, 3:48=A0am, Talyas <Tal...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I want to publish a wod document to PDF and open the published file with = an > application that is not the one that is assigned to the PDF extension. > > Is there a way to configure my word/office 2007 to open a specific > app...

Hide Change Sales Stage
Is it possible to hide the change sales stage option in opportunity so the stages can not be changed manually? You can prevent the user from changing stage or applying rule by removing create privilege from Process Instance entity, form the user security role. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. © 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. "MC_Develop" wrote: > Is it possible to hide the change sales stage option in opportunity so the > stages can not be changed manually...

Does Windows 7 suck as much as Vista?
I no longer trust Microsoft. Vista was a fuc job. The people that tested Vista told Microsoft it wasn't ready for release, but they released it anyway. long time windows user wrote: > I no longer trust Microsoft. Vista was a fuc job. The people that > tested Vista told Microsoft it wasn't ready for release, but they > released it anyway. Try Ubuntu. Get it free at http://www.ubuntu.com/ -- Alias "long time windows user" <anewton611@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c47d6dc6-df42-4792-a98a-f352c3ce1299@34g2000yqp.googlegroups.com... >...

Outlook 2003
I've noticed that periodically when I try to open a message in my Inbox that the email window opens behind the Outlook window so I have to minimize Outlook to see the message. Essentially, the message window does not become the active window on top when I open a message. I found no help in the Knowledge Base, so any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Vicky Sandvig ...

Slow to open /close
Hi all Just recently I am having problems with Excel, and the speed at which it opens and closes. It can take up to 20 seconds to close. Version is Excel 2000, OS is ME, 256 RAM, 1100 Mhz. All other programs seem normal, have no viruses or malware, and no add-ins checked in Tools > Add-ins. It used to open and close like greased lightening, has anyone any ideas? -- George Hi George, Take a look at http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/slowresp.htm particular items such as clearing out your IE cache, making sure you don't have Outlook Journalling (log file) Perhaps you added ma...

Toobars don't stay open
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Even though I have selected three toolbars (they show check marks), no toolbars appear when I start up Word. I have to View, Toolbars, Standard (turn off) and then View, Toolbars, Standard to get it to appear. How can I get it so that my toolbars are there when I start up Word? This is very frustrating! Are they all Docked at the top of the document window? Click the oblong button at the right end of the Title Bar. -- HTH |:>) Bob Jones Office:Mac MVP <David17@officeformac.com> wrote in message news:59b75...

Outlook Ex. won't open my emails.
When I double click a new or an old email, that email window pops up, but doesn't show anything. When I move my mouse cursor over the message body area, it's just an arrow with an hourglass. I've left it overnight thinking it's just taking a while, but to no avail. I tried this with emails that I was able to open a few days ago, and they won't open either. I have just updated my Norton Antivirus and the problem occured sometime after that. Would my AV have anything to do with this? Any help in this matter would be appreciated. -Mute Ask in an Outlook Express forum...

Can't open attachments #3
On all the e-mails that I receive that show they have an attachment (the paperclip to the left of their addess), when I click on the paperclip, the attachments are not bold and when I attempt to open or save the attachment, nothing works. What do I need to do? Hi, I'm having the same problem. I'm using Outlook 2000, SP3 from MS Exhange 2000. Attachments are blocked. I know this is a Microsoft Security issue, however I beleive there is a registry fix for this. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks, Marc >-----Original Message----- >Is this Outlook or Outlook Expr...

Purchase Order Template won't open
I am trying to open the purchase order template in Excel 2000 and I get this error message: "This workbook contains a type of macro (Microsoft Excel version 4.0 macro) that cannot be disabled nor signed. Therefore, this workbook cannot be opened under High Securtiy Level." I have tried changing my security settings, but it doesn't help. Any ideas? Thank you, Kerri Hi Kerri! I can't test because I haven't got that template. You could send to address below. But why not get the latest template from: http://office.microsoft.com/templates/category.aspx?CategoryID...

AfxMessageBox not opening correct help topic?
In my application just after I call OpenDocumentFile on a doc template to instantiate a new doc/view frame window, I call AfxMessageBox under certain conditions. I add the MB_HELP style flag and pass an id for the help context. It seems however that when I hit the Help button, my application's help is opened to the section for the newly-created frame window and not the section I specified as the parameter in AfxMessageBox. I can't seem to figure out why. I put breakpoints all over the MFC code relating to help and none of them hit. In CWinApp::ShowAppMessageBox, either the owner frame&...

Cannot open url's after IE8 Update noe Rollback to IE7
Using a Toshiba laptop with Windows XP SP3 which has McAfee Security Center on it. Important to note, the subscription is current EXCEPT that the McAfee firewall portion is saying it is out of date..... I will address this further below. IE8 diagnose the problem tells me my network is perfectly fine and that ftp, http, and https all work. Firefox works. Someone logging in remotely to my machine works. Ping yahoo.com works. I have reset my all in one DSL modem/router but that did not matter ** SO ** I uninstalled IE8 which took the machine back down to IE7. Why did I do t...

Outlook 2000 opens repeatedly
Outlook 2000 on Win98. When opened, it keeps opening over and over until there are 12 or more open on the desktop. Then it won't close. HELP! Anybody out there have an answer besides check for viruses and spyware? ...

Possible to ALPHA-BLEND window FRAME?
Is it possible to only alpha-blend portions of a window? for example, just the frame? Normally with SetLayeredWindowAttributes() the whole window has a constant alpha value, not very useful. UpdateLayeredWindow() supports per pixel alpha-blending, but that function too is not very useful for top level windows with child controls, as you would need to re-direct all the painting to an offscreen DC which is not very practical since you would have to re-write large portions of code and for some controls, I dont have the code obviously, so its not even possible. WindowsBlinds seems to be ab...

Saving Window Sizes
I use multiple Windows in running Outlook 2000. I clicked on Exit and Log off and when I ran Outlook 2000 again, the multiple windows and size reappeared. In Windows XP, I set up the multiple windows, close, but only the one window appears. The extra windows do not appear nor are the sizes the same. Has this changes from 2000 to XP? thxs srm Outlook 2002 has changed slightly, use File > Exit (which didn't work on Outlook 2000) "srm" <srm@primatech.com> wrote in message news:%23eGP$A2WDHA.608@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I use multiple Windows in running Outlook ...

Exchange 2007/spam/windows mobile
I have just installed Exchange Server 2007 and have moved a couple of mailboxes over to it for testing. I am using the Anti-spam built into EX2007. When a mailbox receives spam, it goes to the Junk Mail folder in Outlook, but it is hitting the Inbox first. I have a Windows Mobile device setup to sync to the Inbox (I checked to make sure that the Junk Email folder is not selected and it is not). I have 2 different problems, but I believe they both are related. The first... when the spam message hit my mailbox, they are first hitting my inbox real quick and then being moved the Junk ...

2007: How to show ribbon in XLS sheets opened with Internet Explor
Our company has the Browse in Same Window flag on for the XLS and DOC file types. This is needed for these documents to work inside of our own application. When opening a Word Doc it shows the ribbon within IE and you can make all your changes and stuff. But when you open and Excel Sheet within IE, it only shows the spreadsheet and the formula bar. There is no ribbon. If you look closely I was able to see the ribbon show for a split second but then dissapear. Also, if you try and do Alt+F to get the ribbon, IE takes it over, so that alternative is out. Is there a way to enable the ribbo...

How to hide the Group Box lines around options buttons??
I'm working on my first Excel form and need to create option buttons with Excel's forms toolbar. After making several sets of Group Boxes, I can't figure out how to remove the Group Box frame surrounding the option buttons. I know it's something very simple but would appreciate your help. Thanks, Charlie charlie6067 You can hide the groupboxes in code--I don't think that there's any other way. Hit alt-f11 to get to the VBE hit ctrl-g to see the immediate window type this and hit enter. activesheet.groupboxes.visible = false If you only want to hide a single groupbo...