Help with VC6.0 Basic Concept!

Hello everyone,
    I am new to VC,and I don't quit understand the defferences in project
types in vc6.0, especially MFC AppWizard, Win32 Application, Win32 Console
Application, Win32 Dynamic-Link Libray, MFC AppWizard and Win32 Static
Libary,Thanks very much!

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Lazytiger wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>     I am new to VC,and I don't quit understand the defferences in project
> types in vc6.0, especially MFC AppWizard, Win32 Application, Win32 Console
> Application, Win32 Dynamic-Link Libray, MFC AppWizard and Win32 Static
> Libary,Thanks very much!

A console application is the simplest type.  It has a text-only user
interface that appears in a black window (the "console") and accepts
typed commands, like a DOS program.  Best for learning C or C++ without
having to know much about Windows and windows.  If you are new to the C
or C++ language start here, to learn the language first.

A "Win32 Application" means an application that will display windows and
be coded to use the raw Win32 API's.  These are usually in C because the
API is C.

The "MFC AppWizard" choice will offer you several styles of windowed
application frameworks that use the MFC library, which uses C++.  With
these program starting points you will get a complete windowed program
that has a lot of functionality before you even write your first line of
code.  MFC gives you more to learn, but you get a more modern and
productive tool set.

Static libraries and DLLs are for writing just part of a program,
especially useful in a programming team environment.  You can think of
them as add-ins or add-ons.

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

0
Scott
11/26/2006 2:37:26 AM
Thanks for the reply.
I have another question.
Can I use MFC in Console App? Or Can I use MFC without UI?
"Scott McPhillips [MVP]" <org-dot-mvps-at-scottmcp>
??????:OealnPQEHHA.4280@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

Lazytiger wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.
> I have another question.
> Can I use MFC in Console App? Or Can I use MFC without UI?

Yes and Yes.  Enter "MFC + console" in the Search box at
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

0
Scott
11/26/2006 4:55:16 AM
I addition to the other answers, I often suggest learning dialog-based applications as a
first attempt at GUI apps.  They avoid the complexity of the doc/view, while allowing you
to concentrate on learning how to use controls in interesting ways.  See my essays on
dialog-based apps on my MVP Tips site.
					joe

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 09:54:15 +0800, "Lazytiger" <baihaoping@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hello everyone,
>    I am new to VC,and I don't quit understand the defferences in project
>types in vc6.0, especially MFC AppWizard, Win32 Application, Win32 Console
>Application, Win32 Dynamic-Link Libray, MFC AppWizard and Win32 Static
>Libary,Thanks very much!

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15974)
11/26/2006 7:01:30 AM
If you are very new to Windows programming, Please try to create some
Win32 application, I guess Programming Windows - Brent Rector is a good
book to start with, If you understand how the system works, it will be
very easy to understand, what is dialog based app or what is Doc/View
architecture,
Better start with basic Windows architecture, Learn how Win32 system
works internally and then go for MFC. By this mean you will understand
the Flexiblity provided by MFC compare to Win32.

ThanX.
Paul.

rakesh.bohara@gmail.com wrote:

> If you are very new to Windows programming, Please try to create some
> Win32 application, I guess Programming Windows - Brent Rector is a good
> book to start with, If you understand how the system works, it will be
> very easy to understand, what is dialog based app or what is Doc/View
> architecture,
> Better start with basic Windows architecture, Learn how Win32 system
> works internally and then go for MFC. By this mean you will understand
> the Flexiblity provided by MFC compare to Win32.

Paul:

Actually, I disagree with this advice. Just as I believe it is not
necessary (or desirable) to learn C before learning C++, I do not
believe it is necessary (or desirable) to learn traditional Win32 GUI
programming before learning MFC. You can, and should, learn about these
things later, but I do not think it is necessary (for most people) to
ever actually write a pure C program, or a pure Win32 GUI program.

What I think is important is to learn C++ very well before you start
doing MFC (or any Windows programming). Many of the questions we see in
these Microsoft newsgroups have to do with basic understanding of
pointers and communication between objects, not with MFC or Windows per se.

David Wilkinson
0
no-reply8010 (1791)
11/27/2006 2:11:03 PM
I have a strong bias to Rector's book, if for no other reason than the authors are
actually Rector & Newcomer (I wrote a good chunk of the current book)

Actually, MFC is not bad to start with; it hides some Win32 details but that's actually
good.  I've taught the MFC course for many years and still do occasionally, and I teach it
to people who haven't been WIndows programmers, and it is successfull.

DIalog-based apps are easiest; then try doc/view with really simple graphics, and finally
doc/view with fancy graphics.  The simplest way to learn graphics is to subclass a CStatic
in a dialog-based app and replace its OnPaint with your own logic.
					joe

On 27 Nov 2006 04:31:19 -0800, rakesh.bohara@gmail.com wrote:

>If you are very new to Windows programming, Please try to create some
>Win32 application, I guess Programming Windows - Brent Rector is a good
>book to start with, If you understand how the system works, it will be
>very easy to understand, what is dialog based app or what is Doc/View
>architecture,
>Better start with basic Windows architecture, Learn how Win32 system
>works internally and then go for MFC. By this mean you will understand
>the Flexiblity provided by MFC compare to Win32.
>
>ThanX.
>Paul.
>
>Joseph M. Newcomer wrote:
>> I addition to the other answers, I often suggest learning dialog-based applications as a
>> first attempt at GUI apps.  They avoid the complexity of the doc/view, while allowing you
>> to concentrate on learning how to use controls in interesting ways.  See my essays on
>> dialog-based apps on my MVP Tips site.
>> 					joe
>>
>> On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 09:54:15 +0800, "Lazytiger" <baihaoping@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Hello everyone,
>> >    I am new to VC,and I don't quit understand the defferences in project
>> >types in vc6.0, especially MFC AppWizard, Win32 Application, Win32 Console
>> >Application, Win32 Dynamic-Link Libray, MFC AppWizard and Win32 Static
>> >Libary,Thanks very much!
>> >
>> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
>> email: newcomer@flounder.com
>> Web: http://www.flounder.com
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15974)
11/27/2006 5:23:09 PM
One of the problems of people learning Win32 Programming first is that they can't outgrow
the methodologies.  So we get MFC programmers using GetDlgItem, SetDlgItemText, and other
really marginal practices.  They override OnCommand because they can't figure out how to
do it any other way, and they end up writing raw Win32 code in MFC, fighting MFC's
paradigms every inch of the way.  I spend a lot of time retraining people like this, and
it shouldn't be necessary.

So I also disagree that starting with pure Win32 is a good learning methodology for
Windows programming.  In spite of the fact I wrote a book on it (which is still a good
book for controls and graphics, you just have to replace XYZ(hDC,...) with dc.XYZ(...) in
most cases, for example)
					joe

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 09:11:03 -0500, David Wilkinson <no-reply@effisols.com> wrote:

>rakesh.bohara@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> If you are very new to Windows programming, Please try to create some
>> Win32 application, I guess Programming Windows - Brent Rector is a good
>> book to start with, If you understand how the system works, it will be
>> very easy to understand, what is dialog based app or what is Doc/View
>> architecture,
>> Better start with basic Windows architecture, Learn how Win32 system
>> works internally and then go for MFC. By this mean you will understand
>> the Flexiblity provided by MFC compare to Win32.
>
>Paul:
>
>Actually, I disagree with this advice. Just as I believe it is not
>necessary (or desirable) to learn C before learning C++, I do not
>believe it is necessary (or desirable) to learn traditional Win32 GUI
>programming before learning MFC. You can, and should, learn about these
>things later, but I do not think it is necessary (for most people) to
>ever actually write a pure C program, or a pure Win32 GUI program.
>
>What I think is important is to learn C++ very well before you start
>doing MFC (or any Windows programming). Many of the questions we see in
>these Microsoft newsgroups have to do with basic understanding of
>pointers and communication between objects, not with MFC or Windows per se.
>
>David Wilkinson
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15974)
11/27/2006 5:26:20 PM
Hello Scott,
    Now I create a console Application that support MFC, but I don't know
what to do now? How this Application runs, May I have to implement a CWinApp
or just a main funciton, I have already tried latter, and that doesn't work.
   Thanks very much!
"Scott McPhillips [MVP]" <org-dot-mvps-at-scottmcp>
??????:%23QNoocREHHA.3520@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

Lazytiger wrote:
> Hello Scott,
>     Now I create a console Application that support MFC, but I don't know
> what to do now? How this Application runs, May I have to implement a CWinApp
> or just a main funciton, I have already tried latter, and that doesn't work.
>    Thanks very much!

When you create a console application with MFC support selected you get
a complete project that is ready to compile.  It has a CWinApp, a _tmain
function, and a call to AfxWinInit.  So I guess you did not check the
right boxes to create your application.

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

0
Scott
11/29/2006 3:21:57 AM
Agreed With your point Newcomer, but what i believe is unless your
foundation is strong, its difficult to make building on it.
One can directly Jump to MFC, as MFC hides lots of truth wht Win32
have. If you aware of those things, you will get to know the flexiblity
MFC provided (In terms of writing thousands of LOC).

Joseph M. Newcomer wrote:
> I have a strong bias to Rector's book, if for no other reason than the authors are
> actually Rector & Newcomer (I wrote a good chunk of the current book)
>
> Actually, MFC is not bad to start with; it hides some Win32 details but that's actually
> good.  I've taught the MFC course for many years and still do occasionally, and I teach it
> to people who haven't been WIndows programmers, and it is successfull.
>
> DIalog-based apps are easiest; then try doc/view with really simple graphics, and finally
> doc/view with fancy graphics.  The simplest way to learn graphics is to subclass a CStatic
> in a dialog-based app and replace its OnPaint with your own logic.
> 					joe
>
> On 27 Nov 2006 04:31:19 -0800, rakesh.bohara@gmail.com wrote:
>
> >If you are very new to Windows programming, Please try to create some
> >Win32 application, I guess Programming Windows - Brent Rector is a good
> >book to start with, If you understand how the system works, it will be
> >very easy to understand, what is dialog based app or what is Doc/View
> >architecture,
> >Better start with basic Windows architecture, Learn how Win32 system
> >works internally and then go for MFC. By this mean you will understand
> >the Flexiblity provided by MFC compare to Win32.
> >
> >ThanX.
> >Paul.
> >
> >Joseph M. Newcomer wrote:
> >> I addition to the other answers, I often suggest learning dialog-based applications as a
> >> first attempt at GUI apps.  They avoid the complexity of the doc/view, while allowing you
> >> to concentrate on learning how to use controls in interesting ways.  See my essays on
> >> dialog-based apps on my MVP Tips site.
> >> 					joe

> >> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
> >> email: newcomer@flounder.com
> >> Web: http://www.flounder.com
> >> MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm
> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
> email: newcomer@flounder.com
> Web: http://www.flounder.com

If you use MFC long enough you will undoubtely learn a lot about Win32 as
well.  The function names are the same and often similar in calling
parameters, and it is often useful to trace into the functions while
debugging.  The help, often leads you to the original (wrapped) function as
well.

Tom

<rakesh.bohara@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Agreed With your point Newcomer, but what i believe is unless your
> foundation is strong, its difficult to make building on it.
> One can directly Jump to MFC, as MFC hides lots of truth wht Win32
> have. If you aware of those things, you will get to know the flexiblity
> MFC provided (In terms of writing thousands of LOC).

0
tserface (3861)
12/6/2006 3:41:18 PM
rakesh.bohara@gmail.com wrote:
> Agreed With your point Newcomer, but what i believe is unless your
> foundation is strong, its difficult to make building on it.
> One can directly Jump to MFC, as MFC hides lots of truth wht Win32
> have. If you aware of those things, you will get to know the flexiblity
> MFC provided (In terms of writing thousands of LOC).

I went into MFC w/o any significant knowledge of Win32. It wasnt bad
though. Over time you understand what its doing internally. All you
need is couple of months of programming that requires you to debug MFC
code. At least thats what happened in my case.

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)

adding a new item to existing matrix in rms 2.0
how come when you add an item to an existhing matrix non of the information is being forward from the main matrix (ex. supplier, price, cost, reorder #, barcode format, etc.) even the size, color, and 3rd dimention that you entered to the new item is not being fowarded. what is going on with 2.0 thank jack I think the Matrix is still is a little buggy.. Get all hotfixed up and see if the helps. There have been 3 for 2.0 hotfixes already. "jack" <jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45CB84DE-B9B1-4DAC-9043-D8120CB44472@microsoft.com... > how come...

CRM 4.0 queue issue
Hi, I've run into this in CRM 3.0 (and honestly, I don't know what I did to fix it). But now it's happening in CRM 4.0. I have a queue, and a user with an email address. I want all email that is sent to this user to also appear in the CRM queue. I have it working, it's just that I'm getting everything twice. Once as an email from the original sender, and once from the recipient to the recipient, with the original email as an attachment. For example, kbriscoe@domain.com sends an email to ITSupport@domain.com (Our queue's email address is ITSupport@domain.com). T...

Outbound Mail HELP!!!!!!!
I need to how to send mail out. My problem is we use to use a mail firewall that handled all of the inbound/outbound mail. I would point exchange 2003 to that as a smart host and it would handle the rest. My question is where do I point the smtp connector to? if I let dns do it there is some delay/lag. do you point it to the default gateway, pix firewall etc. Thanks If your firewall is responsible for DNS resolution and mail delivery, than forward the mail to it. On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 15:53:05 -0800, "Eddie" <Eddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to how to sen...

grid_container.aspx equivalent in 3.0
I was wondering if anyone knew of the 3.0 equivalent of grid_container.aspx in MSCRM 3.0. In 1.2 it was so easy just to link to that page, and pass in the view id to display a view from a third-party app (http://localhost/_grid/grid_container.aspx?viewId={DCF11D6A-4EAB-40C8-801A-0132C5FF092F}). It appears there is not the same concept in 3.0. Can anyone shed any light on this for me? Thanks They (aka me :-) ) rewrote the grids in CRM 3.0 and they no longer use IFRAMEs. Instead the first page load just renders the HTML inline into a DIV. For subsequent loads (like paging, sorting and ...

CRM 4.0: WebSite deployment problem
CRM 4.0: I cannot deploy my WebSite in the CRM WebSite, below is the error: 'Microsoft.Crm.WebServices.Crm2007.MultipleOrganizationSoapHeaderAuthentica­tionProvider, Microsoft.Crm.WebServices, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' doesn't exist. Parameter name: Microsoft.Crm.WebServices.Crm2007.MultipleOrganizationSoapHeaderAuthenticat­ionProvider, Microsoft.Crm.WebServices, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35 Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request....

Microsoft CRM 3.0 (KB922815) Installation Error
When i try to install Update Rollup 1 for MSCRM 3.0 i get following error. Setup could not find Microsoft CRM 3.0 Server or you have a mismatch between update language and Microsoft CRM language. The installation of this update has stopped. Is this rollup language dependent? I have a swedish installation of MSCRM. Thanks! // Mats ------=_NextPart_0001_11F19277 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Yes this rollup is language dependent. You need to install SVE(swedish - sweden) UR1 package. Thanks, Indira Dhingra This posting is provided "AS IS" with no...

CRM 3.0 internal recipients don't recieve mails
Hi everybody... We've installed CRM 3.0, including the Exchange Route Component on an Exchange Server 2003. Inbound and outbound mails, mail tracking and so on are working correctly, but if someone sends an email using the CRM WebInterface or the CRM Outlook Client and uses an email-recipient of our internal domain (e.g. as TO, CC or BCC with adress username@mydomain.com) the mail is not send. An activity that describes that email ist correctly generated by the CRM, but the mail itself is not send to any of the listed recipients, if at least one of them belongs to our domain. Doe...

Help! This is serious!
All of a sudden when I try to open an .xls file, it comes up with a page full of little "y"'s. What is wrong? I have data that I need to recover! I hope you have a backup. And keep your backups safe and offline. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/backup.htm Check your font in the fontbox Right click on the sheet tab, view code, anything in there? Tools, Autocorrect check the righthand column for y's Does this happen with just one worksheet, the entire workbook, all workbooks, all MS Office programs like Excel and MS Word. Does it happen on ne...

Help with Dates
Hi all, I have a table with field name "ConnectionDate". I want to create a form with ComboBox that will show the "ConnectionDate" as month and year only. The value the user will choose will be a criteria for a query. Please help. TIA, Tom ?Format(Date,"mmyyyy") would return 112007 so, SELECT Format(ConnectionDate,"mmyyyy") AS ConnectDate FROM SomeTable -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Tom" wrote: > Hi all, > > I have a table with field name "ConnectionDate". > I want to create a form with ComboBox tha...

MS CRM 4.0 Rollup 2 error Data ProductInfo.ExistingLanguage is not available
Recently upgraded to CRM 4.0. Details are as follows - CRM is on premise - 60 Outlook clients - 32 bit server w/ SRS and Exchange router on CRM server - 64 bit DB CRM 4.0 upgrade goes well. Server application of Rollup 2 works fine. Most of my 60 Outlook clients are getting a popup upon running the rollup 2 .EXE: "Data ProductInfo.ExistingLanguage is not available" These are all US English installs (language id 1033). This is not a multi-language install. All users were made "local admins" for the purpose of the client upgrade to 4.0 as well as the rollup install. About...

i have office basic 2003,does IRM work with basic?
i have office basic 2003,does IRM work with basic? and how do i get it to work Office basic? Standard Edition? Small Business Edition? Small Business Management Edition? IRM? Information Resource Management? "Oola" <Oola@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B52FCE24-0C62-4D47-9F0B-548290487BEE@microsoft.com... >i have office basic 2003,does IRM work with basic? and how do i get it to >work Information Rights Management depends on having a Windows 2003 server with the IRM bits installed. Since Office Basic comes with OEM computers, I will presume tha...

MS Visual Basic error in Outlook
Vba Project OTM - Thisoutlooksession(code) window pops up, and I have to stop the degugger to send an email. I've been using OL 2002 for 2 year, never had this problem, How can I fix it ? "XP User" <my_email@is.private.com> wrote in message news:sb27g.4$RO4.3@fe12.lga... > Vba Project OTM - Thisoutlooksession(code) > window pops up, and I have to stop the degugger > to send an email. > > I've been using OL 2002 for 2 year, never had this problem, > > How can I fix it ? Fix the code ? Supply more info so we have a better idea what your problem...

FORMATING COLUMNS..... HELP
I need to format columns to allow only 7 characters and the rest of the data to go into column B -- JTEFUN "JTEFUN" <JTEFUN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C5C7A99-E83F-430E-9576-6D1DB57B9311@microsoft.com... >I need to format columns to allow only 7 characters and the rest of the >data > to go into column B > -- > JTEFUN > If you mean that if a user types a lot of data into the one cell and that when they reach 7 characters the rest of the data is automatically inserted into the next cell, then I don't think you can do that....

Help, No pictures in Pub 2003
I installed Pub 2003 and none of my graphics are showing on my document. Does anyone know how I can fix that? Thanks Ed looks left. Ed looks right. No-one is there. Furtively, Ed picks up a note from Xeroid <lnerbonne@cogeco.ca>. On it is written: > I installed Pub 2003 and none of my graphics are showing on my > document. Does anyone know how I can fix that? View > Pictures...? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm when I open a Pub made file fro...

Event ID 125
I have received an Event ID 125 on an Exchange 5.5 server. Along with this I have an ID Error #193, 1005 7 and 100 amonst others. Is it possible that during a backup in schedule+ for a client on the client's machine, that the procedure corrupted the EDB.log or any other file? If so, should I be using Microsoft Base Article #275602 to repair. At this point, my Echange server is down. Thanks. Hello Deb Based on the limited information; the 275602 XADM: Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store May Stop After a http://support.microsoft.com/?id=275602 would be a recovery method. Did y...

Pivot Table Help #3
I have a lot of data that I am trying to analyze with a pivot table and am not sure how to go about it. Columns are (1) District (2) Store # (3) 2003 Score - these are #s or text ("incomplete") (4) 2004 Score - these are #s or text ("incomplete") For each district, I am trying to find out 3 things: (1) % of stores incomplete (2) Average score for 2003 & 2004 - I've got this one working properly (3) % change between 2003 & 2004 I can successfully analyze the data in a spreadsheet but there is too much to go through and thought a pivot table was the way to ...

IFD install needed help
Hi, After facing many errors and difficulties during the CRM 4.0 installation I successfully installed the product. Now I am trying to install CRM as IFD. I want to install IFD without any problems So I have some questions. What is the SDK root domain and web application root domain mean? Is the below config file format is alone enough for IFD installation. Is there anything else i need to look up.?? I went through the MSDN documentation. Can anyone guide tell me how and what configurations i should use to install IFD successfully. <CRMSetup> <Server> <ifdsettin...

Need to remove help compile in project
Can someone tell me how to remove the help build process from a project? Thanks What does this mean? You want to remove part of the build? If yes, just remove those files from project. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "mike" <nospamplease.com> wrote in message news:%236ooDIkGHHA.1468@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Can someone tell me how to remove the help build process from a project? > Thanks > > I've tried removing the help files but when I build, the help compiler is still invoked. The project show a couple of .rtf files in the dependenc...

Need Help Troubleshooting Report Manager
Here is my situation. I can=92t get to Report Manger via IE. IE just displays the =93Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage=94 error message. Details: OS is Server 2008 Standard. I=92m running a standalone computer =96 not connected to the internet. I=92ve installed MS Loopback Adapter. I=92ve installed SQL Server Reporting Services and it=92s running ok. I verified by going to Services. Status is Started, Startup Type is Automatic. The account I=92m logged in as is a member of the Administrators Group. Windows Firewall is off for all profiles. Under Network Connections ...

=?Utf-8?Q?Can_I_Change_to_foreign_currency?= =?Utf-8?Q?_in_Microsoft_Dynamics_=E2=80=93_POS_2.0?= =?Utf-8?Q?=3F?=
Microsoft Dynamics – POS 2.0 just released recently and I would like to know if it is possible to change the default US dollar currency? Also if it is possible to add three decimal places for selling price? Thanks in advance As a US only release, POS 2.0 doesn't support changing the default currency. Three decimal price is supported as an item option. - Jeff "Ba6a6y" <Ba6a6y@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1027D294-80EB-4C27-8FAD-42B8CF38801A@microsoft.com... > Microsoft Dynamics – POS 2.0 just released recently and I would like to > know ...

restoring emails to server
I have Outlook 2007 and have just added a new yahoo email account. I have a lot of emails in there that i was saving - outlook downloaded them from the server and deleted then so i can no longer see those emails in yahoo internet site or iphone. i then moved emails to another folder and deleted account and readded it this time selected 'leave message on server'. i then put the emails back in the inbox of that account and listed them as unread. have restarted computer after each step just in case but they still wont show on server. i think any new ones that come through...

need help with list box?
Hi I have a huge table of about 20000 records. how can I restrict entry for a few columns. I am new to excel programming. For example. I have a list of colors (red, green, blue) that I want to go under the Color column. how can I allow the user to click on a pulldown or list box similar to ms access for each cell. thanks in advance. Hi you could use 'Data - Validation'. See: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html >-----Original Message----- >Hi > >I have a huge table of about 20000 records. how can I restrict entry for a >few columns. >I am new to exc...

Cannot view any form in crm 3.0
We have just installed CRM 3.0 on MS server 2003. I have created an account which has a system administrator role assigned to it. The issue is that when I open CRM web (on the server) when I select account, contact, activities, calendar etc... I get the following error: An error has occured. For more information, contact your system administrator. Now if I open CRM web using an account which has restricted access mode ticked, I don't get any errors, everything opens fine. The problem is that with an restricted access code i can't do much. I have tried assigning different roles ...

Visual Basic Macros, relative position
Dear Experts, I am making a report, and I have a set of data, in a very looong row: MKT_VAL NET_ASSETS TOT_ASSETS 46 51 51 6233 6228 6228 Over 100 fields. I need this data to be changed to run down a column. MKT_VAL 46 6233 NET_ASSETS 51 6228 TOT_ASSETS 51 6228 I tried to make a macro to do this. It would be run after I copied and pasted the three column cells into another area. Sub ShiftNullData() ' ' ShiftNullData Macro ' Macro recorded 11/14/2006 by Rodger Lepinsky ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+q ' Range("A18").S...

Pls help me out.
Greetings to all. i am a new Mac user. i inherited a ibook loaded with MsOffice for Mac that is in german. do you think i can reset the language to english without having to re-install the whole sofware? if so, how? thank you all so much! On 10/5/04 4:16 PM, in article 2ee7bd29.0410042316.72004f36@posting.google.com, "luc" <tchinlai@yahoo.com> wrote: > Greetings to all. > > i am a new Mac user. i inherited a ibook loaded with MsOffice for Mac > that is in german. > do you think i can reset the language to english without having to > re-install the whole s...