Help with Html Help in MFC

Hi;
  I am using Visual Studio .net 2003.
  I have created a CDhtmldialog. I also created a html help file using
Html help workshop. According to some source from web saying that I
can call this method: BOOL HtmlHelp( HWND hWndMain, LPCTSTR lpszHelp,
UINT uCommand, DWORD dwData ), directly from anywhere in my code. So I
include the htmlhelp.h and htmlhelp.lib to the project. But I don't
know how to call this method, since there is a another htmlhelp method
in Cdialog too:
HtmlHelp(
   DWORD_PTR dwData,
   UINT nCmd = 0x000F
);
   Please give me a hand.

   Thx in advance.

Pan Wilson.
0
yiyongpan (3)
2/9/2004 9:21:45 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

The 3rd argument uCommand controls the behavior of this API call. There are
almost 19 different commands available for this argument.

BOOL res = HtmlHelp(NULL, pszFile, HH_DISPLAY_TOPIC, (DWORD) "index.htm");

OR

BOOL res = HtmlHelp(NULL, pszFile, HH_HELP_CONTEXT, (DWORD) 1001);

To close the help window, you can use
BOOL res = HtmlHelp(NULL, NULL, HH_CLOSE_ALL, NULL);

Cheers
Jagadeesh

"wilson galaxy" <yiyongpan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi;
>   I am using Visual Studio .net 2003.
>   I have created a CDhtmldialog. I also created a html help file using
> Html help workshop. According to some source from web saying that I
> can call this method: BOOL HtmlHelp( HWND hWndMain, LPCTSTR lpszHelp,
> UINT uCommand, DWORD dwData ), directly from anywhere in my code. So I
> include the htmlhelp.h and htmlhelp.lib to the project. But I don't
> know how to call this method, since there is a another htmlhelp method
> in Cdialog too:
> HtmlHelp(
>    DWORD_PTR dwData,
>    UINT nCmd = 0x000F
> );
>    Please give me a hand.
>
>    Thx in advance.
>
> Pan Wilson.

0
jagadeeshvn (256)
2/10/2004 8:40:29 AM
Thank you very much. I hve not read the document carefully.

I have another question. Same as previous:
I am using Visual Studio .net 2003.
I have created a CDhtmldialog. I also created a html help file using
Html help workshop.

Now I want to add context sensitive html help in my application. But I
found event I select "context sensitive help" and html help format I
still can not have context sensitive help function in my program.
I follow two resource from web that teach you how to add context
sensitive help but neither success.
1) http://www.smountain.com/resource/CPPHTMLHelp.pdf
   Don Lammers said I should have follow message map in my programm
   ON_COMMAND(ID_HELP_FINDER, CMDIFrameWnd::OnHelpFinder)
   ON_COMMAND(ID_HELP, CMDIFrameWnd::OnHelp)
   ON_COMMAND(ID_CONTEXT_HELP, CMDIFrameWnd::OnContextHelp)
   ON_COMMAND(ID_DEFAULT_HELP, CMDIFrameWnd::OnHelpFinder)
   But I don't have these items if I chose "Dialog base"--> "use
Htmldialog".
   If I don't chose this two option I can have them.

2)Through msdn the articl teach you how to add Context sensitive html
help to exiting application:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html/_gs_adding_help_to_scribble_after_the_fact.asp
   But when I follow their stemp I can not add the feature to my
project. Because I don't have "Menu" folder not even IDR_MAINFRAME  in
my rc file.

How can I do?
Thank very much.

"Jagadeesh VN" <jagadeeshvn@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<OvqCKE77DHA.1504@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>...
> The 3rd argument uCommand controls the behavior of this API call. There are
> almost 19 different commands available for this argument.
>
> BOOL res = HtmlHelp(NULL, pszFile, HH_DISPLAY_TOPIC, (DWORD) "index.htm");
>
> OR
>
> BOOL res = HtmlHelp(NULL, pszFile, HH_HELP_CONTEXT, (DWORD) 1001);
>
> To close the help window, you can use
> BOOL res = HtmlHelp(NULL, NULL, HH_CLOSE_ALL, NULL);
>
> Cheers
> Jagadeesh
>
> "wilson galaxy" <yiyongpan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Hi;
> >   I am using Visual Studio .net 2003.
> >   I have created a CDhtmldialog. I also created a html help file using
> > Html help workshop. According to some source from web saying that I
> > can call this method: BOOL HtmlHelp( HWND hWndMain, LPCTSTR lpszHelp,
> > UINT uCommand, DWORD dwData ), directly from anywhere in my code. So I
> > include the htmlhelp.h and htmlhelp.lib to the project. But I don't
> > know how to call this method, since there is a another htmlhelp method
> > in Cdialog too:
> > HtmlHelp(
> >    DWORD_PTR dwData,
> >    UINT nCmd = 0x000F
> > );
> >    Please give me a hand.
> >
> >    Thx in advance.
> >
> > Pan Wilson.
0
yiyongpan (3)

Wrapped classes from ActiveX
How I can make source code from activeX components (with all properities,methods etc) in Visual Net 2002 or higher ?? In Visual C++ 6.0 they were generated by environment. Visual Net 2002 generate only headers for ActiveX components (without methods and properities) I tried with MSFlexgrid 6.0, MSDataGrid and ADODC controls -- Darth Marhev ...

Can we tell which cell an image is on?
The user is clicking on a button that says "HIDE" and when the user hits it.. it hides the row where the button exists. IS THERE A WAY I CAN DO THIS? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi kenji4861, Are you talking about an image or a CommandButton? If it's a CommandButton, you can use code like this: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() With CommandButton1.TopLeftCell.EntireRow .Hidden = Not .Hidden End With...

Please Help: Append New text to Old text already present in databa
Hi All, I have an excel form which populates access database. On the form Once we input a student Id in the form, we can input student records and also add comments, after making the changes we click "Submit" and the data goes in the databae. One field that I have on the form is "Comments" Textbox whereTA can insert their comments for any student. Here multiple TA's can comment for one student. The issue I want to resolve is. When a new TA inserts a comment, Old comments are deleted and replaced by the new comments. Is there a way to append new commen...

how do you use html
does anyone know how to use html? "admin@cybererrol.co.uk" <admin@cybererrol.co.uk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9833D80-F4BA-4221-8211-EEE3B68C1666@microsoft.com... > does anyone know how to use html? Yes. *Some* of the people who write websites do. (Just in case you did not know, this group is for discussing Microsoft Access, the desktop database.) -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 07:27:...

MFC class for INI?
Hi guys. I'm looking for some MFC class that provide me functionality given from couple of Win32 functions for INI parsing. Is there something like this? Thanks a lot. Thanks a lot, Andrey. This is helpful. "Andrey Belkin" <belkin_a@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eriPDiURDHA.2460@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > http://www.codeguru.com/files/CIniSample.html > http://www.codeguru.com/files/INI.html > > -- > Andrey A. Belkin > Project manager & lead programmer, Elfrah Software (http://www.elfrah.com) > Chair assistant, Novosibirsk State University ...

My Review of MFC Beta
Well....after reviewing the MFC beta here is my opinion, for any one who cares. As every one knows, First of all this is not a MS native library. Some third party library being decorated in MFC dress. Given that there should ideally be a lot of color and convenience for the customers - but my expectations were proved to be too optimistic. Here is why. 1. Most of this MFC beta covers what most people consider as just "skin deep", if you know what I mean. If you remove the "theme" part - the new enterprise controls introduced to MFC are the Dockers and the property grid. ...

Problem with Excel Help
WIN XO HE, XL 2002 SP3 Hi, every time I hit F1 within Excel, I am getting the following error message: "The window name "langrep" passed to HH_GET_WIN_TYPE has not been specified." Any idea how to fix that? Tx, S I have no idea, but I'd start with: Help|Detect and Repair (or maybe reinstall excel/office) (I have no idea what "WIN XO HE" is either--winXP Home???) saturnin02 wrote: > > WIN XO HE, XL 2002 SP3 > Hi, every time I hit F1 within Excel, I am getting the following error > message: > "The window name "langrep" passed...

help in excel functions
i am learning excel now and i have this issue that i could not solve i . i have 2 columns :the first includes the names of some projects .th second includes the number of hours of each project.each project ro takes more than one row in the column hours.so i need to know how i ge the whole hours of a specific project "in details please" ...thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Ramis344, It is always helpful if you can paste some of your worksh...

html in database
hello, i'd like to store text in an database and generate html files with the text stored in the database. i use dom to generate an xml file and render it using xsl. i use the following code to render the xsl file. XmlTextWriter output = new XmlTextWriter("myHtmlFile.html", System.Text.Encoding.Default); XmlUrlResolver resolver = new XmlUrlResolver(); XMLGenerator gen = new XMLGenerator(); XmlDocument doc = gen.getObjectAsXML(); XslTransform transformer = new XslTransform(); transformer.Load("myStylesheet.xsl"); transformer.Transform(doc.CreateNavigator(), null,...

Help setting up e-mail scanning on exchange 5.5
I have setup scanned e-mail on out xerox printer but everytime the person goes to send a scan to somones e-mail out our network it doesn't send. I need to setup some sort of relay but don't know how to do it. Any help would be great. Thanks. ...

"Cannot complete installation of Live OneCare v1.5 BETA" HELP
I recently downloaded and installed the new version of Windows Live OneCare Beta v1.5. Everything went fine up until I restarted my computer and it booted back up. I constantly kept getting an error message saying that there was a problem with Automatic Updates and it needed to close. In my actions to take box it said I needed to "Complete the installation" by clicking the button "Complete installation". When I click it gives me this error message "OneCare cannot complete the installation at this time because of a problem connecting to the service. Please check...

Help please ! Excel is hanging and I need to stop
Is there a way of stopping Excel in the middle of something which has clearly caused it to 'hang', ie appear to be doing something for so long and not seeming as though it will ever stop. I've just lost a whole load of work which I had to crash out of. Terry --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi sometimes CTRL+BREAK will help -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Is there a way of stopping Excel in the middle of something which has > clearly caused it to 'hang', ie appear to be doing something for so > long and not seeming as though i...

Help for a beginner!.....PLEASE???
I have never used Excel, but I want to create a mail list merge for MS Word. It says I have to create the mail listing in Excel. Is there an "English" version as to how to do this? :o) Help, I need instructions for dummies! All I want is a simple mail file to transport to Word! Tricia, have a look here and see if it will help http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 97 & ...

outlook help issue
trying to do F1 or bring up help in microsoft outlook and it tries to do install and then asks for common files disk and a psdk-x86.msi file off of that disk. cannot find this disk or those files anywhere. Any help?? ...

XSD help
Hi all I have a config file like so <config> <optionSet1> <option index="1" name="Set 1 index 1"/> </optionSet1> <optionSet1> <option index="1" name="Set 2 index 2"/> </optionSet1> </config> optionSet1-index1 can only have set values 1, 3, 5, 7 How do I define XSD for optionSet2-index1 so that if optionSet1-index1 is in 1, 5 then it must be null if optionSet1-index1 == 3 then it must be A or B if optionSet1-index1 == 7 then it must be B, C or D Thank you very much! P...

Help! on filtering a report using a form & query
Hi. I've got a database with lookup fields. I have a form, a query and a report whose record source is the query. I want the user to select the lookup field from a drop down combo box And then run the query. If I change the query so the the criteria reads: [Forms]![frmCloseOutFilter]![txtCollection] and then run it, it will prompt me for the collection, I type a "3" and I get the desired results. It also works If I then run the report separately. But, If I try to run it from the form, I select my collection (It's a two column combo box, the first column has a width of 0...

Please help! Want to auto-close opened XML file
Greetings, I need some help with what seems to be a simple task but which, as usual, is impossible to do given the state of VBA's help files. I am looping through a series of XML files in a folder and want to convert/save them off to another folder in CSV (because we found Excel can do this). Inside my loop, I am doing the following to open the file: Workbooks.OpenXML Filename:=(inputDir + xmlFile), LoadOption:=xlXmlLoadImportToList That's fine and dandy but I don't really need the workbook to open like a real workbook -- I need it to open like in C++ or Java (i.e. open it int...

Anybody Help please! timed-out error
I don't know why I can't send emails approx 800kb or larger without an error message " The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. Error (8x8004210B). The email never leaves my outbox however gets delivered in many cases. I have DSL w/ no other problems & this just started. Running Outlook 2000Pro on new Dell w/ XP. Any input is appreciated, thanks in advance John ...

Blue screen of death appears out of nowhere due to app error please help
*Hi* i was just browsing the web as many of us do,anyways an error pops up saying acgshccg.exe has stopped working. but the file names really long,its called "YYggwBB udXFzgnnQszxf" heres the problem signature: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: acgshccg.exe Application Version: 1.3.0.5 Application Timestamp: 4b55c976 Fault Module Name: StackHash_fd00 Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 92401cf8 OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.2 Locale...

HTML messages
Outlook will not print received HTML messages. when I change it to plain text it will print. Send it to someone else as is (HTML) and they can print it to the same printer I am using. What can I do so that I can also print HTML message? All my other messages print fine. ...

MFC and run-time lib dependencies
Hi, I am working on an installer (InstallShield X), and have come across a situation where I have dependencies on two different versions of the VC run-time libraries. My application requires the VC 7 run-time libraries, but a copy-protection product I use has a dependency on MFC 6.0, which in turn depends on the VC 6 run-time libraries. I'm wondering how best to resolve this...? Do I need to include in my installer both the VC6 and VC7 run-time library redistributables? Or, can I substitute the MFC 7.0 merge module (for the MFC 6.0 one), and thus only use the VC7 run-ti...

Help me with outlook
I never use Outlook but whenever I start my computer this outlook thing always comes up saying "A program is trying to access an account. If this is unauotherized it may be a virus." And then in a dropdown menu it says allow access for 1 minute to 10 minutes. Atr first I never allowed access and it always came and then I did allow access and it still always comes up. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. ...

Help with following conversation threads
Hope someone can office some advice on this.... I'd like to consolidate several 'feedback' email addresses from our various websites so that one person can respond to each of the emails, but others can look at a single folder (and possible subfolders) and follow the various conversation threads that are in progress. I had been using distribution lists to do this but the problem is that we get so much spam (and yes we do have a spam solution - but we still get lots) that it a big waste of time for multiple individuals to all be wading through enormous amounts of the same spam. B...

declaration help please
a third party added some code to one of my apps and didn't dim anything. i'm not sure how to dim these variables. can someone help? a couple examples in the code: DDEChannel = Application.DDEInitiate(app:="RSLinx", topic:="T09113") DDEItem = "Xfer_Sched_New" 'Tag in CompactLogix DDEChannel = Application.DDEInitiate(app:="RSLinx", topic:="T09113") DDEItem = "Xfer_Schedule[" & Num_i & "],L1,C1" 'Schedule Tag in CompactLogix -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 Gary, ...

How to display HTML in Custom Task Pane