Help with Combo-box

Hey everyone, hopefully someone's run across a problem similar to this and
their is a (simple :) solution).  Basically I have a simple combo-box that
is displayed in a dialog.  Now, the problem is that I have around 7200
entries that I want to appear in that box as valid selections...well thus
far I haven't been able to get that many entries as a possibility (the
combo-box simply refuses to allow me to enter that many fields of data). :(
Okay, I tried googling this (thought maybe there was a readily defined
maximum on combo-box data size) but I couldn't find anything that would help
me (nothing on maximum size, and no real solutions for how to add (many many
many) entries.
So, can I add this many entries to the combo-box (is there a parameter I can
change that will allow this), or, can any of you suggest another way to
break down the data (the data is essentially world airports so I could break
it down by country, but then how do I go about going down the list to a
country so that when the country is selected it opens up another
combo-box)..  (I'm thinking sort-of like a drop-out list, when you go over
an item the next row opens up (like windows start menu :)
Hmmmmm... come to think of it, I'll check that out tomorrow morning (a start
menu type combo-box), but I'd really rather just use the one large list (if
that is possible).
Thanks for the help,

0
Arlis
11/15/2004 9:08:38 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Try to imagine navigating that 7200 item dropdown list . . .

"Arlis Rose" <arlisATendevouraerospace.com> wrote in message
> Hey everyone, hopefully someone's run across a problem similar to this and
> their is a (simple :) solution).  Basically I have a simple combo-box that
> is displayed in a dialog.  Now, the problem is that I have around 7200
> entries that I want to appear in that box as valid selections...well thus
> far I haven't been able to get that many entries as a possibility (the
> combo-box simply refuses to allow me to enter that many fields of data).
:(
> Okay, I tried googling this (thought maybe there was a readily defined
> maximum on combo-box data size) but I couldn't find anything that would
help
> me (nothing on maximum size, and no real solutions for how to add (many
many
> many) entries.
> So, can I add this many entries to the combo-box (is there a parameter I
can
> change that will allow this), or, can any of you suggest another way to
> break down the data (the data is essentially world airports so I could
break
> it down by country, but then how do I go about going down the list to a
> country so that when the country is selected it opens up another
> combo-box)..  (I'm thinking sort-of like a drop-out list, when you go over
> an item the next row opens up (like windows start menu :)
> Hmmmmm... come to think of it, I'll check that out tomorrow morning (a
start
> menu type combo-box), but I'd really rather just use the one large list
(if
> that is possible).
> Thanks for the help,

CTreeCtrl?

Double click on the edit box to open a dialog with the tree control in it?

0
billt61 (145)