Help string for properties in OCX control

Hello:


It's not really a problem and I can live without it, but still it'd be nice 
to have it done. If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd 
appreciate it.

I'm making an OCX control that will be imported into VB project. It has 
several properties and methods. I noticed that when I insert it into VB 
project in the MSVC++ IDE environment my properties do not show help strings 
underneath property names like it does for default properties. It is not a 
big deal, but still it will be helpful to implement it for the end user.

Any suggestions gurus?

Here's a sample of interface definition from my OCX:

[
	object,
	uuid(17340C66-6B95-4FE9-85F4-35A43D4192B5),
	dual,
	nonextensible,
	helpstring("IMyInterface Interface"),
	pointer_default(unique)
]
interface IMyInterface : IDispatch{
	[propget, id(1), helpstring("Help string I thought would show in the MSVC++ 
IDE")] HRESULT OperationType([out, retval] LONG* pVal);
};

0
dc2000 (22)
11/23/2005 7:55:08 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

3 Replies
553 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 22

I'm not a GURU in any shape or form, specially when it comes to ActiveX
controls. But I think you might have to implement IPerPropertyBrowsing

AliR.


"dc2000" <dc2000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:C1AE88AF-730D-41B2-9246-5331F136C0E8@microsoft.com...
> Hello:
>
>
> It's not really a problem and I can live without it, but still it'd be
nice
> to have it done. If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd
> appreciate it.
>
> I'm making an OCX control that will be imported into VB project. It has
> several properties and methods. I noticed that when I insert it into VB
> project in the MSVC++ IDE environment my properties do not show help
strings
> underneath property names like it does for default properties. It is not a
> big deal, but still it will be helpful to implement it for the end user.
>
> Any suggestions gurus?
>
> Here's a sample of interface definition from my OCX:
>
> [
> object,
> uuid(17340C66-6B95-4FE9-85F4-35A43D4192B5),
> dual,
> nonextensible,
> helpstring("IMyInterface Interface"),
> pointer_default(unique)
> ]
> interface IMyInterface : IDispatch{
> [propget, id(1), helpstring("Help string I thought would show in the
MSVC++
> IDE")] HRESULT OperationType([out, retval] LONG* pVal);
> };
>


0
AliR3470 (3236)
11/23/2005 8:25:22 PM
Thanks AliR. Do you know of any example how to apply this 
IPerPropertyBrowsing interface to an ATL/MFC project? I'm really ready to 
give up.

"AliR" wrote:

> I'm not a GURU in any shape or form, specially when it comes to ActiveX
> controls. But I think you might have to implement IPerPropertyBrowsing
> 
> AliR.
> 
> 
> "dc2000" <dc2000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:C1AE88AF-730D-41B2-9246-5331F136C0E8@microsoft.com...
> > Hello:
> >
> >
> > It's not really a problem and I can live without it, but still it'd be
> nice
> > to have it done. If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd
> > appreciate it.
> >
> > I'm making an OCX control that will be imported into VB project. It has
> > several properties and methods. I noticed that when I insert it into VB
> > project in the MSVC++ IDE environment my properties do not show help
> strings
> > underneath property names like it does for default properties. It is not a
> > big deal, but still it will be helpful to implement it for the end user.
> >
> > Any suggestions gurus?
> >
> > Here's a sample of interface definition from my OCX:
> >
> > [
> > object,
> > uuid(17340C66-6B95-4FE9-85F4-35A43D4192B5),
> > dual,
> > nonextensible,
> > helpstring("IMyInterface Interface"),
> > pointer_default(unique)
> > ]
> > interface IMyInterface : IDispatch{
> > [propget, id(1), helpstring("Help string I thought would show in the
> MSVC++
> > IDE")] HRESULT OperationType([out, retval] LONG* pVal);
> > };
> >
> 
> 
> 
0
dc2000 (22)
11/24/2005 7:41:11 PM
See if these help

http://www.thecodeproject.com/atl/propbrowser.asp?df=100&forumid=98&exp=0
http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/controls/gridcontrol/article.php/c5221

AliR.


"dc2000" <dc2000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:A24781DD-1D82-4D52-8C90-E094C44F3A79@microsoft.com...
> Thanks AliR. Do you know of any example how to apply this
> IPerPropertyBrowsing interface to an ATL/MFC project? I'm really ready to
> give up.
>
> "AliR" wrote:
>
> > I'm not a GURU in any shape or form, specially when it comes to ActiveX
> > controls. But I think you might have to implement IPerPropertyBrowsing
> >
> > AliR.
> >
> >
> > "dc2000" <dc2000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:C1AE88AF-730D-41B2-9246-5331F136C0E8@microsoft.com...
> > > Hello:
> > >
> > >
> > > It's not really a problem and I can live without it, but still it'd be
> > nice
> > > to have it done. If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd
> > > appreciate it.
> > >
> > > I'm making an OCX control that will be imported into VB project. It
has
> > > several properties and methods. I noticed that when I insert it into
VB
> > > project in the MSVC++ IDE environment my properties do not show help
> > strings
> > > underneath property names like it does for default properties. It is
not a
> > > big deal, but still it will be helpful to implement it for the end
user.
> > >
> > > Any suggestions gurus?
> > >
> > > Here's a sample of interface definition from my OCX:
> > >
> > > [
> > > object,
> > > uuid(17340C66-6B95-4FE9-85F4-35A43D4192B5),
> > > dual,
> > > nonextensible,
> > > helpstring("IMyInterface Interface"),
> > > pointer_default(unique)
> > > ]
> > > interface IMyInterface : IDispatch{
> > > [propget, id(1), helpstring("Help string I thought would show in the
> > MSVC++
> > > IDE")] HRESULT OperationType([out, retval] LONG* pVal);
> > > };
> > >
> >
> >
> >
>


0
AliR3470 (3236)
11/28/2005 4:00:10 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

help w/ fine tuning
here is what i have done so far. what i need to do is enter by tech. and have a full summary of totals. we need individual totals and cumulative total to track individual and office productivity. TIA Mike Mike wrote: > here is what i have done so far. what i need to do is enter by tech. and > have a full summary of totals. we need individual totals and cumulative > total to track individual and office productivity. > > TIA > Mike My attachment didnt go thru Job# Customer Price Tech. Reg hrs OT Hrs 1 jim $200 Mike 5.8 1 Total: I...

excel help 04-09-10
I have a table (range a5:s33) that is changing constantly and its being updated. I need cell I1 and I2 to give me the date (I1) and time (I2) when any of the cells within the range are modified....any help?...thanks Try the following Sheets Event-Macro: ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Application.Intersect(Target, [A5:S33]) Is Nothing Then [I1] = Date [I2] = Time End If End Sub --------------- Micky "jcheko" wrote: > I have a table (ran...

Provide Help/Tutorial Form
I'd like to add a form to an operational database that the users can look at for info on how to use the application; what to do if errors occur; etc. What is the best way to provide the information ? A TextBox is limited to 255 characters; A MemoType has 64K characters; An Attachment - requires availability of the underlying product (Word, etc.). A LabelType field ? Recommendations ? If you are using only a single form or a couple of forms, put the info into a label control, or several label controls. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia ...

How to stop sliders going out of control
Does anyone know how to stop sliders going out of control. Specifically, when we use sliders, many times we find that when you click on the "page" or "increment" area of the slider, the slider will continue to change the value of the link cell even after the click is off. This is very annoying. Does anyone understand this? Does anyone have a work around? Hi, I am not too sure. I thought I'd make a response anyhow. In the vb Editor, view the properties of the slider and adjust the min and max values to the range of your data. Min=0 Max=how many rows you scroll ...

Beginner - OLE DB
Hi. I try to connect to a Microsoft SQL database using Ole Db - IRowSet interface. This works, but I can't bind it to a grid control (I use Microsoft Datagrid control). I have: IRowset* pRowset; DDX_Control(pDX, IDC_DATAGRID1, m_grid); ......................................... I try to bind by m_grid.SetRefDataSource((LPUNKNOWN)pRowset); but it raises an exception : Type mismatch. Well, I tried - I suppose . Could someone help me? Gabi ...

Need Help with Totaling
I'm not even sure how to explain this. I have a membership database in which I've created a form for the member's basic data-name, address, phone, etc. Within that form is a subform that shows where they have made donations, how much, the date of the donation, and if it were for anything specific---could be simple membership, end of year donation, river revelry participation.....various things. I have to create annual reports showing how much money we have taken in this year in membership donations. I have already writtent the query to pull this and created the report...

ActiveX spreadsheet control problem
Hi! Is it possible to assign cell in a spreadsheet control on a userform as multi line? I tried several times to copy multi line strings into a spreadsheet control but it was always converged into one line. appreciate your help! Eli Try with some text in cell A1 Range("A1").WrapText = True -- Jacob "אלי" wrote: > Hi! > > Is it possible to assign cell in a spreadsheet control on a userform as > multi line? > I tried several times to copy multi line strings into a spreadsheet control > but it was always converged int...

Please Help!!!!
i KNOW NOTHING ABOUT EXCEL, AND I AVE BEEN TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT FOR TO LONG HOW IT WORKS, I JUST WANNA DO A SIMPLE TASK, I WANNA KNOW IF ITS POSSIBLE: I HAVE A BUNCH OF NUMBER FROM 0000 TO 9999 AND I WANT TO KNOW WHICH NUMBERS ARE NOT IN MY LIST. -- rosariocristina ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rosariocristina's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34004 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=537689 In A1 enter 0, in A2 enter 1 Use the mouse to select A1:A2 and drag the fill ...

Help! Balancing Accounts Error
Ok, so I've used Monday for years, going back to 1999. In every case, no issues balancing MS Money vs my paper statements. (I automatically download the transactions, then manually balance once a month to confirm.) Now, out of nowhere, my starting balance is off by $14.22. I know it was correct last month. So, I clear last month figuring that will get rid of the issue, but that $14.22 is still off. I went back about 6 months, nothing doing. I checked the balance manually and it all adds up! So, I can't put in an adjustment because I know it's correct. I did look to ...

Vlookup help needed
I'm need help developing an order form. We offer multiple styles of shirts and each style comes in different colors. Right now I have a drop down box in which the customer can select the model of shirt they want. On the from form below I need the drop down box to list only the colors available for the model they selected. I have a hidden "data" worksheet which has the available colors listed for each style. If I know what style of shirt the customer wants, I've been manually enter the data validation to pull colors for the shirt in the order form below....

Button Caption help
Hi to all I require help for what maybe a simple problem. I have a form frmPettyCash and on the form are 3 buttons Cmd1, Cmd2 and Cmd3 which open the spending reports for 3 employees. There is a table tblEmployees with fields EmployeeID and EmployeeName with the 3 employee names. What I would like to do is link the EmployeeNames to the button caption ie Employee 1 to Cmd1.Caption, Employee2 to Cmd2.Caption etc. so that in the future if I change an employee name in the employee table the caption on the corresponding button will change also. Any help greatly appreciated. Than...

Please please help with this distribution list issue!!
I have a distribution list that I created - the list works when I type in each individual's email address separately in the "to" field. It also works when I send to each person separately. BUT when I try to use the list, only some of the addresses receive the message - others come back undeliverable host. I have deleted and recreated this list three times already, and still the same result. I have also totally deleted these addresses from Contacts, still doesn't work. HELP!!!!! ...

Help with grouping columns
Maybe I'm overlooking the obvious...but I'm having a hard time groupin columns. Here's the goal: Columns A - L are the 12 months... Jan-Dec. I want to group 3 columns (3 months) at a time. So I'd have 4 colum groups side by side. I select the entire first 3 columns...data...group/outline...an group...creates the group fine. I then select the next 3 columns (next 3 months)...to be in their ow group. When I try to group them...it just ads them to the firs group...making one large group. The first 3 columns are not selected when I do this. I've also tried playing with the s...

Recovering the outlook password from a non functional windows installation HELP !
Already posted: someone can help me ? Hi ! I've a problem: one of our customer bring us his own computer with a non functional windows xp installation for data recovery. This computer have a windows xp SP2 with office 2003. The only one thing we can't recover was the mail pop3 password: the customer can't remember it and we are totally unable to recover ! :( This customer told us that is impossible contact the mail provider and reset the mail password, maybe it's something statal or the mail is overseas. We know this customer from years, and trust him absolutely, we al...

Outlook 2003-junk email (will you please help this time)
I have windows xp pro, office2003 and am using outlook 2003. under Actions | junk email | options I have selected safe lists only. Under safe senders I have included email from my contacts. Although I have several people who send me email in both the safe senders list and the my contacts (which should be considered as safe) ALL email I receive is going into the junk email folder. How do I fix this so that email from people in my contacts goes to the inbox and everything else goes to the junk email folder for review?? Thanks Mark ...

How make an Accelerator key work regardless of which control has fokus?
Hello, I have an MFC, CFormView, application. On the form I have several different controls, e.g. Edit control, Tab control (in the tab control I have a grid control) I also have defined an accelerator key (F5). Now to my problem: If the focus is set to one of the edit controls then the accelerator key will work. But if the focus is on the grid control then nothing happens... I guessing that the grid control, or the tab control, is "eating" the key but how do I make the key "visible" to the form? I'm using VC++ 2005 and the grid is Mr. Chris Maunders MFC Grid ver...

Need help to specify underline style
Hi all, We need to set the underline style for the label&#8217;s caption to Wave as it appears in the Word Document&#8230; The Label control does not have underline style property to set this. Is there any ActiveX Label control which supports the Underline Style property? Thanks in Advance, > The Label control does not have underline style property > to set this. Is there any ActiveX Label control which > supports the Underline Style property? > > Thanks in Advance, > > What "label control" are you talking about? CStatic? There's Norm Al...

Excel VBA
Hi VBAers, In the code below, I am getting an error on the following line: ElseIf ireply = vbNo And ActiveWorkbook = filename Then Sub FN_CreateDOHVSRBatch() Dim filename As String Dim ireply As Integer Application.DisplayAlerts = False Application.ScreenUpdating = False Set wb1 = ActiveWorkbook filename = Worksheets("Amtreference").Range("A2").Text Batchprompt: ireply = MsgBox(Prompt:="Do you wish to create a new batch?", _ Buttons:=vbYesNo, Title:="Create New Service Request Batch") If ireply = vbYes Then ...

outlook 2003 email options help
When I open the new message window, I have to manually entire the entire outgoing address or scroll through a long list of contacts. Is there a way to make the To: feild recognize/query/automatch a contact after I've entered the first couple letters in the outgoing address bar? Yes. That feature is enabled by default. Have you sent enough messages to have populated your autocompletion cache? You won't see it working until you do. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Bree" <sabreaz01@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:151d301c4468b$2e7b0870$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When...

Formula help #43
I have lots of groups with subtotals. I need to multiply the various subtotals by a factor (factors change depending on the group) that's in its own column and then get the product (which needs to be an even number (rounded up). Those products need to be added to the subtotal - which should now give a new subtotal for the group. Then those new group subtotals need to be added to get a Total. All I get are "0" when I try to do this. And I'm under a deadline. Is there anyone out there who can help???? Thanks. url:http://www.ureader.com/gp/1027-1.aspx It sounds as if ...

Leaner Code with Multiple Controls?
I have several forms with many bound controls... I want the bound control with focus to have a background color different from the default and the label to be bold. I want any bound control with a value that has been changed but not saved to be bold. Now I can do this for each control with code like this... Private Sub ThisControl_GotFocus() Me.ThisControl.BackColor = 13434828 Me.ThisControl.FontBold = True End Sub Private Sub ThisControl_LostFocus() Me.ThisControl.BackColor = vbWhite Me.ThisControl.FontBold = False End Sub Private Sub ThisControl_AfterUpdate() Me.ThisCont...

HELP! -- stupid ? -- Changing line end
How come I can't change the line ends when I'm drawing a ERD? I tried right clicking on the line -->format -->Line then changing the ends but on the file it's not changed and when I go into format again it's back to default. Can someone help me? I'm using Visio 2002 standard Thank you Ice The line-ends have meaning to the model in your diagram, so the arrows change to reflect different settings of the actual model objects. Ie: Visio assumes you're building something real and following the rules, not just making a sketch. If you ARE just making a sketch, yo...

Help: Rules Database Appears Corrupt
Hi Folks - I'm on OL2003 and appear to have a corrupt rules database. rules are being ignored much of the time and mail comes into the Outlook root or many mails go into the entirely wrong folder. is there any way of repairing the database or do i have to rebuild the scratch ;-( Much appreciated in advance. John Have you tried removing & readding the rules one at a time to see if it's a particular rule that's gone awry? "jcs" <achilles2010@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uZltzzrtFHA.736@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi Folks - I'm on OL2003 an...

Missing Excel Files--- PLEASE HELP!!!
I was working in Microsoft Excel today. I had 2 spreadsheets open I edited and saved both of them. When I returned to excel and tried to open the files... Both were missing. I have proformed a search on my computer (which is virus free) for all excel files.. The 2 files are no where to be found... Please help if you know of a way to recover the files... Thanks Hi any chance you have overwritten existing files?. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Nicole wrote: > I was working in Microsoft Excel today. I had 2 spreadsheets open I > edited and saved both of them. When I r...

Can Grow property
I know when you set the Can Grow property of a text field, the field will grow causing the record to expand, when there is much data for the default setting of the text box. Is it possible to make the other fields in each record expand to the same height as the largest field of that record? If you don't have borders around the fields it is not a problem, but if you was to make the report look like a table in a Word document by aligning the text boxes and putting a border around them, the fields are not the same size. Not putting borders around the text boxes and using a horizontal...