Help Printing RTF without windows Theme background.

I'm writing an application that prints out the contents of an RTF file.
Problem is, if (at least in Vista), you go to the Personalize Desktop dialog
and change the Window Color and Appearance to High Contract Black (through
"Open classic appearance properties for more color options"), it causes the
background color of my printouts to be black too!  Is this by design?  I
want my printouts to be black text on white paper regardless of what I set
my monitor and GUI to.

I've reproduced this using MS Sample application WordPad in VS2005 found
here:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/51y8h3tk(VS.80).aspx

Download this, compile it.  Change your Desktop Appearance to be High
Contract Black.  Run sample, type some text and print it. (To save paper, I
print to the XPS Document).

Any ideas on how to not use the Windows Themed background when printing to
the printer?

Leo.

0
none2377 (5)
9/21/2007 1:05:22 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I need help shrinking a large difference in data on a bar graph
I have one data of 720% and the next largest in 140%. How can I hide on the bar graph gridlines 200-600? I can't find any help on it anywhere. Kyle - I explain one technique on this web page, and at the end I link to a couple other techniques: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Kyle wrote: > I have one data of 720% and the next largest in 140%. How can I hide on the > bar graph gridlines 200-600? I can't find an...

Windows Update on Vista is Wrong
I have Office 2003 on my Vista Home Premium. Yet Windows Update wants to install SP1 for Office 2007. Won't that mess up my office apps? -- Don Gollahon Did you install the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 File Formats? If yes, this is why you are being offered SP1. "Don Gollahon" <dlgllhn@nospam.gmail.com> wrote in message news:xn0fn9cipstk9s000@news.microsoft.com... >I have Office 2003 on my Vista Home Premium. Yet Windows Update wants > to install SP1 for Office 2007. Won't that mess up my office apps? > &...

paste is gone, please help quick
Hi all, Suddenly paste (worksheet function as well as VBA) will work only on the same sheet, so I can't copy anything to another sheet nor to another workbook. This is a real disaster. Please help. I use XP SP2 with Excel 2k Jack Sons The Netherlands Do you have any worksheet events firing? _selectionchange _change _deactivate _activate (remember to check for workbook level events, too.) One of the bad things about running macros is that they sometimes kill the clipboard. Jack Sons wrote: > > Hi all, > > Suddenly paste (worksheet function as well as VBA) will ...

Help gauss function!
Can someone help me, give me a link to learn, how to plot the gaussian normal distribution function in Excel! Thanks and sorry for my english! Francesco. -- Per rispondermi in privato togliere NOSPAM Maybe Tushar Mehta's site: http://www.tushar-mehta.com Look in the left hand frame for: Charts Normal Curve Francesco wrote: > > Can someone help me, give me a link to learn, how to plot the gaussian > normal distribution function in Excel! > > Thanks and sorry for my english! > > Francesco. > > -- > Per rispondermi in privato togliere NOSPAM -- Da...

Chart help on a not so typical spread sheet
I am making an aircraft weight and balance sheet and i need to be able to chart data. Unlike normal excel sheets, i need both the horizontal and vertical axis to plot points. For example i have two values 101 and 2400, i need the chart to go up from 101 and put a point on 2400. Does anyone think they can help? Hi, That would be a scatter chart. If you need lines to go from the data point to the x and y axis then add minus Error bars at 100% Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Andrew Arens" <Andrew Arens@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Print folder
Is there a way to print all of the messages in an Inbox folder ? In article <Y1V2m.3319$bq1.2638@nlpi066.nbdc.sbc.com>, jangro@pacbell.net says... > Is there a way to print all of the messages in an Inbox folder ? Just select them (all). Then print them. When posting, please give the group some information! - Outlook version, OS, etc. -- Duncan Select all, print? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.ou...

Printing only the body of an Email
When I print an email, in Outlook 2003, the result always includes all of the addresses that appear above the message. Is there any setting that will print only the message, and not the From, Sent, To and Subject fields? Thanks No, but you can hit forward, delete the stuff you don't want to print and then print it. This works best if you use forward inline and don't prefix the original when forwarding. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto...

outlook 2003
I may be mistaken, but i think in previous version of outlook i could open multiple instances of outlook so i could hope between my inbox and contacts, etc. Is this still doable - is there an alternative way under 2003? Thanks Fred Jacobowitz Sure. Right-click the folder you want to open and choose Open in New Window. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Fred Jacobowitz" <Oakleigh@OptOnline.Net> wrote in message news:uuI...

Committed Help
I have some items that have a negative count in the committed. On-Hand Positive 1; Committed Negative –1; Total Available Positive 2. Not sure if anyone else has had a problem with committed quantities going into the negative. If there is some sort of glitch that needs to be addressed I am open to suggestions. The only way that I see an item getting a negative committed is by having a negative count on a Layaway. But currently I do not have any items on Layaway in the negative. So again confused. Neil This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_03D2_01C78350.096B...

Omiiting columns while printing
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C38C24.42414170 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is it possible to omit columns in printing. E.g. can I print col A and B, leave out C and D, and print E next to B Gilbert ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C38C24.42414170 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Typ...

Disable NetBIOS and NTLM on Windows 2003 Domain Controllers and Exchange 2003?
Is it possible to safely DISABLE NetBIOS and/or NTLMv1/LM on all Windows 2000 and Windows 2003 Domain Controllers and/or Exchange 2003 servers (within our own child domain) without affecting Windows networking communications adversely? We are a child domain in a single forest, we are NOT Enterprise Administrators. Our DCs and Exchange are currently configured to refuse and not send LM. All clients are Windows XP with NetBIOS already disabled and only talk NTLMv2, there are no down-level clients (i.e., Win9x, NT4, Mac) in our child domain. We are not sure if this will affect AD replicat...

Cant Update Windows
i cannot update windows by autometic update..so i update it mannually by update.microsoft.com...but since one week i feel a problem..it say "The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem. ".. what i do?? need help sorry for my english Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. What anti-virus application or se...

Tendering without a customer selected?
Is there any way to Tender without actually creating a customer? Say a customer just walks in and makes a quick cash purchase without any desire to leave their name and number... is there a way to just make the sale without recording customer info? Two options: #1: Store Operations|Configuration|Customer Options... Require customer selection for orders Require customer selection for quotes Require customer selection for sales You can uncheck any or all. #2: Create a customer called Cash Sale. HTH, Tom -- The worst words in business: "We''ve always done it that w...

Exchange 2003 SP1 change RTF ????
Hello I use netfolder with Exchange 2003 (before SP1) and it works fine.. The mail in Rich Text Format was good pass throught the server. After the SP1, the server apparently change the format of this file and now, i have a mail with a joined file with means that is not in RTF. Thanks for Al Bye ! ...

Erro no arranque do Windows XP
Bom dia Quando arranco com o Windows XP Pro com SP3 este nunca chega à janela de login de autenticação do utilizador, nunca passando do logo do Windows sem dar qualquer mensagem de erro. Alguma ideia sobre o que se passa? Obrigado desde já pela ajuda. Sarmento Olá ! Sarmento ! Mantenha pressionada a Tecla F8 enquanto liga o PC. Isto deverá lhe mostrar um Menu de Inicialização. Escolha a opção de Iniciar no Modo de Segurança e tecle ENTER. Observe toda a Inicialização no Modo de Segurança; se conse...

Newbie -need help to understand MFC more!!!
hello, Most programs i hav been trying out is dialog based and i am displaying my data through message boxes in the Pocket PC 2003.Can u tell me of other ways to do it,coz i am not sure about what other options i have for printing data in PPC 2003 other than messageboxes and paint and ondraw.Wen i used win32 i mostly used Paint and On draw,but in MFC wat are the options available keeping in mind i am using EVC++4.0 and PPC 2003 It depends on what you mean by printing data. If it is for debugging purposes, writting to your application log files is an option. Otherwise message boxes are a opt...

RE: Outlook email problem, need help!
Comrades, I am experiencing what I am hoping is not my worst nightmare. I start up Outlook, compose (1) email, and on the taskbar it reads that it is sending 3 emails when only one has been generated. I have tried running diagnostics that yield no issues. Any thoughts on what is going on and how I can fix it? Thanks for the input! -thebluefox Read receipts? "thebluefox" <newsgroup@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:%23i5%23smlUKHA.5004@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Comrades, > > I am experiencing what I am hoping is not my worst nightmare. I start up &...

Directly opening contacts folder without opening outlook
I wanted to know if there is any way to open the contact folder directly without opening outlook 2002? I sometimes need to open contacts in a hurry and opening the entire outlook takes some time in my case. I have a feeling this is possible because once I open outlook and right click 'contacts' folder in the folder list pane on the left side and select "open in new window", the contacts or opened in a new window. I want this exact window to be opened but without opening outlook. I am hoping there are some command line shortcuts appended to exe file which might do th...

help with formula #8
Thanks for reading In Cell (A1) I have a drop down menu that has a validated series of billing codes: None, 2010, 2011, 2012, 3010, 3011, 3012 In Cell (A2) I would like to assign a number value that applies to each billing code in (A1). None = 0, 2010 =27.5, 2011 =100, 2012 =12.50, 3010=27.5, 3011 =100, 3012 =12.5. So in Cell (A2), I need a forumla that will read cell (A1) once the value is selected from the drop down menu and assign the correct value (above) to cell (A2) Is this possible? Signed, Freezing in New Hampshire =LOOKUP(A1,{"None",2010,2011,2012,3010,2011,30...

Help with coding
I have a form that I need help coding on. The form opens when you query an employee’s name. The form has a few different fields on it but, what I want to have it display is an image that says “Pass” or “No Pass” depending on the situation. I have asked some questions and I was told to set the images on top of each other and then set the visibility to the current situation. The criteria for the “Pass” image is that in the table I have eight check box fields and they need to be all true to pass if not then it is “No Pass”. So I need help in lining this all up to do this. I have alr...

Help with form/subform problem
I have a table, tblindividual, which holds names and addresses of officers. The primary key is ID. Each year they have to complete a registration form and return it to us in order that we can then send out a new registration card. So I have a table tblIDCards with Primary key CardID, and these fields ID, txtidform (date field) and txtidcardissued (also a date field) I have two problems to keep an annual record. 1. I have a form called frmMain (this is a menu form) with a subform, frmRegistration, which is based on a query which includes tblIndividual and on this form is a tabcontrol cal...

HELP: Email body transcript deleted when receiving response emails
Hi All, I am sending emails in outlook through excel with voting buttons. But once I receive the email and I vote using voting buttons in outlook, Email body history gets deleted when the voting response email is received. Is there any outlook property that I can use to keep the email body transcript from getting deleted when the voting responses are received? Thanks in advance. ...

lost file! help!!
while trying to save a file, the shared drive went down and now i lost the file completely. however, i did find a file called 6768F200 with no file extension in its place and about the right timestamp. could this be some sort of backup for the file?? i tried opening with excel and received a message that the file format is not valid. i tried appending .xls and that did not work either. is my file lost forever? any help is much appreciated!! thanks!! When you save a file, excel will save it as a temporary file (8 characters, no extension). Then if that save is successful, excel will del...

Print Driver Problem
Hello, I have office 2003 that includes publisher. I also have an HP Office Jet Pro 8K50. I can print successfully to this printer with a test print and all other office applications like word and outlook. However, when I try to print a publisher file, I get an error message that says "Cannot load printer driver". I click OK but the documents do not print. I loaded this driver from the CD that came with the printer and did a full install at the time. The printer is only two months old so it is very new and designed to work with XP Professional which is what I have on my ...

How can I download Solver add-in for excel 97 without the office .
I no longer have my Office 97 cd, and I need to download "Solver Add-In" to use in my excel program. Do you know where I can find JUST THIS download? My computer has VERY little memory left, so I can't download a very large file. Please help me ASAP, I am taking an onlice excel class and need this add-in for 2 of the lessons. Thank you!!! Deb shared this with us in microsoft.public.excel.misc: > I no longer have my Office 97 cd, and I need to download "Solver > Add-In" to use in my excel program. Do you know where I can find > JUST THIS download? My...