Help: how to print fill pattern well in any printers

As we know, for display, we can call
CreatePatternBrush() to create a 8pixel * 8pixel to fill a region.
It is perfect for display in the display device and some printers.
But In some high-res printer, the fill pattern is printed as gray. (the fill
pattern is printed so densy that it looks like a solid gray block, for
example, some HP printers and Acrobat PDF printer).

I have tried a bigger bitmap brush according to the printer device's
resolution.
But It is still bad for some printers.

Any suggestion is appreciated.
Is there any way that is suitable for any printers?

0
guangw_li (2)
2/16/2006 2:22:27 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Read Only Help
I have a file that I am trying to open that comes up saying its a rea only file, or server isnt working. However, when I right clicked fo the properties, the read only box is not checked. Any ideas, pleas help!!! ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com KACONE Excel stores in Windows\Temp(win98) folder a copy(s) of any file that is open. Sometimes this *.tmp file is not deleted from the Temp folder when you close out Excel(maybe a crash of Excel?) or the file, so ...

combine text from 2 cells HELP! PLEASE!
I have text in cell A and Cell B. I would like to add the text in cell B to the end of the text in cell A while seperating them with a | (pipe). One way: =A1&"|"&B1 or if you want spaces on both sides of the pipe: =A1&" | "&B1 HTH, ryanb. "John Adams" <johnadams@comcast.net> wrote in message news:nk17sv0h9j37coum79h30ac071gr7o8jdt@4ax.com... > I have text in cell A and Cell B. I would like to add the text in cell > B to the end of the text in cell A while seperating them with a | > (pipe). > John, Try a formula like ...

Printing modified CreateDate field in header reverts back
i create a new document. I insert a CreateDate field in the document. Then I create a header, and insert another CreateDate field there. I save the document as a template. I open a new document based on that template. I modify the date in the document (not deleting the whole field but just changing the day from today to last week). Then I go to the header and change that date in the same way. When I go to Print Preview, the date in the main document stays as I typed it, but the date in the header reverts to the create date (today). Does anyone know why that happens? An...

CreateSQLTmpTable Error
Could someone please assist us in resolving the following error which is affecting our accounting production of MS GP. Please help! ERROR: The stored procedure createSQLTmpTable returned the following results: DBMS: 12, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 0. This issue is covered in the following KB Articles: - KB 852594 - Error "Stored Procedure Creating SQL TMP Table DBMS: 12 eEnterprise: 0" https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;852594 - KB 861268 - You receive a "The stored procedure createSQLTmpTable returned the following results...

Need help merging a CSV with SQL data
Hi there, I have a shop with an e-procurement site that allows me to update a price list by downloading a CSV file, making the changes, and then uploading it back into there system. The CSV file has the following headings: @UKID - there unique ID for each products Item Name - the name of the item Part NO - our unique ID for each product Price - the price for the product I have an SQL view that shows our unique ID (Part NO) and the price. How can I merge the CSV and the SQL view? Our system does not have the @UKID code, but I don't think it needs it if I can easily merge the 2 toget...

Help! Excel freeze the whole thing when start.
Excel problem in my office has been constantly bugging me. Now that one of the computer can even start Excel, when we try to start it, it gives something like "resource is not enough" message and then just dies there. We can even fix it by removing it and reinstall it. Any one has idea deal with this? Many thanks in advance. Pete Try cleaning up your windows temp folder. And if that didn't help, try searching for your *.xlb file. It's where excel stores your customized toolbars. Windows Start button|Find|files check out the size of that file. If it's huge, try r...

Excel guru's Urgent help
I have a bunch of charts created in Excel97 that are driven from pivot tables on another sheet. When the workbook is opened in Excel 2000 everything works fine except when you change criteria causing a macro to change the pivot tables, the source data range does not automatically reset as it does in 97. I have to manually click on Source Data, click in the pivot table, and the range is reset, fixing the chart. I don't know much VBA and I would like to hang a sub at the end of the macro that would automatically reset the source range. Can someone help with the script? I cr...

Select sheets from an array for printing
I need Help!! I have a workbook with hidden sheets, I want to search the visible sheets for those with value greater than 0 in C2 then print them. Can someone show me where I am going wrong with this code? Tahnks Sub PrintSelectedSheets() 'will print sheet with a value >0 in C2 For Each Sheet In ThisArray.Sheets(Array("Sheet1", "Sheet3", "Sheet5", "Sheet7", "Sheet9")) Sheet.Activate If Range("C2").Value > 0 Then ActiveSheet.PrintPreview End If Next End Sub Dim Sheet As Worksheet Dim shStyle As L...

Error sending meeting request in outlook.....HELP
Running Outlook 2003 on Exchange 2000 server. This message could not be sent. Try sending the message again later, or contact your network administrator. The client operation failed. Error is [0x80004005-0x80004005-0x000501]. Any help is appreciated. Thanks On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 16:03:13 -0500, "Christi" <chess@nospam.gibraltardesign.com> wrote: >Running Outlook 2003 on Exchange 2000 server. > >This message could not be sent. Try sending the message again later, or >contact your network administrator. The client operation failed. Error is >[0x80004005-0x8000...

View/Print Individual Reports
Here is what I have: I have a database for tracking therapy clients. Client data is in one table. Therapy progress notes are in another with a one-to-many relationship. I have a form w/ subform set up to receive the data. I have a query set up to tie the two tables together and feed into a report. (Tables/Forms and Queries all do what I want them to properly) Right now, the report contains data from every client and progress note. What I want is to be able to place a button on the subform for the progress notes, so that when it is clicked it generates the report with just that...

Borderless printing
I am not sure if this is possible with Excel and endless searching on the web has failed to find an answer. I have a Canon S9000 printer which has a borderless printing facility and I would like to print several worksheets that have a colour coded bar that runs down the side of the page, however I can only get the left hand side to print to the edge. The right side is approximate 5mm inside. If I select horizontal positioning from the page setup I get a 2.5mm either side. No matter what I try I cannot get a borderless print on the right hand side. I have Excel 2002 and windows XP. Can ...

spreadsheet data prints outwrong info
Hi, was using excel 2000 spreadsheet and accidentally changed something that has to do with the printing. My speadsheet will have all the correct information on my computer screen and when I try to print out it come out all garbled Example: #EDFNILOO#IRXQGDWRXO ':</81533. It has gotten a whole new language of incorrect numbers. If someone also sends me an email with an attachment of a excel spreadsheet it will also print out crazy Too!! Anyone have an idea how to fix this problem, is this associated with values? Thanks Kim I would first try emptying my Windows temp folder. If th...

can't print from IE8
When I want to print, it does not print, i receive msg saying, tab recovered or it says it cant display the web site. If I click More information, it is telling that DEB & i can change the settings. I have XP I disable all the adds on - it did not help I reinstall the driver - it did not help Please advise. How about DEP? Hulya Erol wrote: > When I want to print, it does not print, i receive msg saying, tab > recovered > or it says it cant display the web site. If I click More information, it > is > telling that DEB & i can change the settings. &...

Help with Excel
I am working on a song list with selection numbers and disc numbers ..When I enter the selection number or disc number it changes to a DATE!! How do I change this. I'm new to excel Thanks Arlene Are you entering something like 1/10? If so, either format the cells as Text, or precede with a single quote, ' -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "cleocat10" <cleocat10@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C15CC55-7700-45BA-B789-3C6B7D0DD3DC@microsoft.com... > I am working on a song list with selecti...

Printing two different dates in a report
I have a Date field on my report that shows the date on the first page of the report. The report can be several pages long with a date span of two days. How can I get it so show both days in the header of the report, as in below? Monday, November 23, 2009 – Tuesday, November 24, 2009 Thanks in advance. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200911/1 1. Create a group header on your date field. 2. Put the date in this section instead of the Page Header. 3. Set the section's Repeat Section property to Yes,...

How do you Print Orders?
Seemingly simple question here, but I cannot figure out the answer. Or at least the easy answer How do I print a complete order? I fill in products, quanities, recalculate values and now I want to print and fax the quote to the customer... If I hit the print button on the quote, it prints all info from each of the tabs on the account. It does not refer to the products or quantities. If I go to the product level, hit the print (on the individual window, not the main window) button, it prints the product(s) chosen, price per unit, quantity and extended amount for products that are on ...

Print desired page of plain text format message in Ms.Outlook 200.
Dear all, Please kindly teach me how to print a desired page of plain text format message in Microsoft Oulook 2003. Also how to convert such message into HTML format. Your support for the above would be appreciated. Best regards. trung vuong quoc <trungvuongquoc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Please kindly teach me how to print a desired page of plain text > format message in Microsoft Oulook 2003. You can't. You must convert it to HTML first. > Also how to convert such message into HTML format. Open the message, click Edit>Edit Message, then click Format&g...

does outlook have a label printing capability?
as above. the only info i'm finding is stuff to download for a fee, ie. Alladin envelopes and labels. doesn't outlook already have the capability to print labels built into it? need to print letterhead labels, help! Within the Contacts folder, check out Tools, Mail Merge. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza http://www.cardozasolutions.com "nameless" <...

Requesting some help
Hello community I am scincerley asking for some help. I'm 31 years old and live in the UK, I'm married with two children and have worked all my life as has my wife. I have been given an opportunity to emigrate to Canada and start a life long ambition in my chosen career I have a problem though. We cannot raise the money to move and have no deposit for a home, without this we cannot go. Its a long shot but all I ask is if someone out there would be kind enough to give my family a �1 donation. I don't know if what I'm doing is allowed but if nobody wants to give then the...

How to print title list of all files in a Word sub-directory?
I have a Word sub-directory containing 370 files. I would like to print out a list of the file titles. SteveV There are a couple of different ways to do this. My favorite is to use an Excel add-in called ASAP Utilities. One of the commands will populate a spreadsheet with the file name, path, folder, file size, etc and even make them a hyperlink. It is so simple plus the add-in has *scads* of can't-live-without commands! -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "SteveV" <SteveV@discus...

How do I print a brochure with no margins?
My brochure is printing with a border along the top and right edges. How can I get borderless printing? I have an HP Deskjet 960c and am using Microsoft Publisher 2003. I'm not sure if the 960 will print full-bleed. Did you check to see if it's an option? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Christine" <Christine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4CB3FB78-CCEC-4E79-8555-70B2CE7A854B@microsoft.com... > My brochure is printing with a border along the top and right edges. How > can > I get borderless printing? I have an HP Deskj...

user not able to print calendar from public folder
Hi there, I have a user, currently upgraded to outlook 2003. She used to be able to print calendar from public folder. Now, when she attempted to do it, she get this error message. 'This fodler cannto eb opened because there is a configuration problem on the server. Contact yor Microsoft Exchange Server Adminsitrator for assistance.' This user can open and view it, but can;t print. Please advise what need to be check. Thanks, CC ...

print only one sticker on avery sheet
I can't figure out how to print only on sticker from an Avery Label sheet in publisher. Plus, I want to make different labels with the 6 stickers on each sheet. You will have to setup your page manually. What Avery label are you using? Arrange, Layout Guides If you are using 5384 (Name Tag) Right & Left border .25 Top & bottom margin 1.13 Grid Guides 2 columns, zero spacing 3 rows, zero spacing or if you are using 5364 (shipping) Right & Left .16 Top & Bottom .5 Grid Guides 2 columns Spacing .19 3 rows, spacing zero -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Malk...

Popping the drawer without printing a receipt #2
I'm trying to figure out how to pop the cash drawer on a sale without printing a receipt. I do a lot of transactions where a receipt is not required/requested. Thus far, no receipt has meant no opening the cash drawer, requiring me to keep the key in the drawer for manual opening. Does someone know how to get around this? Thanks! What type of printer are you using and are you using OPOS or a Windows driver? If you are using an EPSON and Windows, I have set this up at a 4 chain convenience store before. Rob "SubSpirit@gmail.com" wrote: > I'm trying to figure out h...

help with count
I have data in cells when i highlight those cells it shows count 20 or count 30 but i want it to show the total value of those cells. Eg column d1 has 500 d2 1000 d3 200 it should show med 1700 and not count 3 Please help -- Nisha P Right click in the status bar and select Sum. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "nishkrish" <nishkrish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1DAB844E-B499-41AC-8472-AD4879883682@microsoft.com... > > I have data in cells when i highlight those cells it shows count 20 or > count > 30 but i want it to show the tota...