HELP: Handling WM_SHOWWINDOW when window opened SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED

I've verified that the WM_SHOWWINDOW handler OnShowWindow() is not
called when ShowWindow is called with SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED. I created a
dummy MFC app (doc/view and no doc/view) and reproduced the behavior.
So, here is what I have (simplified)...

MFC app with no doc/view support.

CMyWinApp::InitInstance()
{
pMainFrame->ShowWindow(m_nCmdShow);
pMainFrame->UpdateWindow();
}

CMainFrame::OnShowWindow(...)
{
// Not called when m_nCmdShow == SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED!!
}

This seems to be the designed behavior. Does anyone know why? What
message can I handle in this case to know when the window is shown on
screen?

-Frank
0
fjl (2)
7/11/2003 4:06:03 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

How to handle multiple currencies with one spreadsheet
I have one spreadsheet that I need to send to people in different countries. I would like each user to open the spreadsheet and see their currency code - Dollars, or Euros, or Yen, automatically formatted based on the region or country. How can I make sure that the spreadsheet displays the correct currency format based on the region or country where the user is located - and not the currency format that the spreadsheet was created in? You could save several versions of the same file ("file name" Yen, "file name" Euro, etc.) or, you could record macros to reformat th...

Help...to many birthdays
I currently use Outlook 2000 as my contact manager. I have over 7000 contacts, most with birthdays in the birthday heading. My problem is that , when I pull up my calendar, all of the birthdays show on the calendar. There are some days when I'll get 30 birthdays showing up. Is there any way to configure the system so that the birthdays will not show up on the calendar view? Thanks for the help. Barry "Barry" <barryasman@verizon.net> wrote in message news:NKj5f.2794$fC3.1066@trndny01... >I currently use Outlook 2000 as my contact manager. I have over 7000 > ...

Unable to open Inbox after Upgrade to Outlook XP 2002
I recently upgraded from Outlook 2000 to Outlook XP 2002. However, now I am unable to view messages in the Inbox. I receive the following error message when clicking on the Inbox: "Unable to display the folder. Can't find this file. Make sure the path and file name are correct." What went wrong here? What do I need to do to correct this problem? Thanks. Frank El Paso, Texas Check out the following article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;170344 "Frank Fowlkes" <carnage_79913@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OJmKH$LoDHA.3700...

I can not save or open the accessory from the email.
���� MIME ��ʽ�Ķ෽�ʼ��� ------=_NextPart_000_0052_01CB17A4.ED7B5770 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="gb2312"; reply-type=original Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit -- Best Regard Best Regard. Liu Yong CoslBoss Senior Toolpusher T:+86 022-25802531 M:+86 13602086743 ------=_NextPart_000_0052_01CB17A4.ED7B5770 Content-Type: image/jpeg; name="problem.jpg" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="problem.jpg" /9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAQEAYABgAAD/2wBDAAgGBgcGBQgHBwcJCQgKDBQNDAsLDBkSEw8UHRofH...

HELP: Excel changed all my hyperlinks A:
Help For some reason Excel went and changed all my hyperlinks to point to my floppy drive a:\ -WHY? Is there any way I can automatically remove the a:\ hyperlink references, manually renaming is going to take ages. Excel's replace function doesn't seem to work with hyperlinks :-( -Arska Hello Arska, Have you tried find and replace? Press ctrl+h Find what: A:\ Replace with: C:\My Documents (assuming this is where the file you want to link) Then hit Replace All or if your using xl 2002 you can go to EDIT|links then hit change source Hope this could help Jon-jon "Ars...

wm 11 media sharing window does not display icon for unk. device
I have ATT. Uverse which uses a residential gateway to connect all my TV's to cable channels and also my computer to broadband internet. I have spent approx. 4 hours on the phone with ATT TECHS. and about the same amount of time With microsoft, including about two hours with their advanced research department trying to get my computer to share media files with my TV. It is a feature that I would love to get working but so far, nobody has been able to figure out. My tv searches for Media when I enable it. It finds nothing. Windows Media Player is supposed to display an ic...

Blank Screen without Summary in Outlook Today Help Please
When I open my outlook today I see my summary flash just for a milisecond and then the screen is blank except for the words for the messages, tasks and calendar. Help if you can. What can I do to correct this? Thanks Steve ...

How to destroy a window created by other thread?
I write a simple program to monitor visible windows and close unexpected windows. The API function, DestroyWindow, does not work for the window is created by other thread. I use the following code: SendMessage(hwnd, WM_DESTROY, 0, 0); It does not work in all windows, say IE, OE. How to do it? Thank you. fadics wrote: > I write a simple program to monitor visible windows and close > unexpected windows. > > The API function, DestroyWindow, does not work for the window is > created by other thread. > > I use the following code: > SendMessage(hwnd, WM_DESTROY...

Problem in installing sample Toaster Function driver on Windows 7
Hello Sir , I m a newbie to windows driver development, i was involved with linux driver development in past . I have downloaded WDK 7.1.0 and installed on my development PC with Win XP. I use WIndows 7 Debug Build (x86) on my target pc . I have compiled all the driver samples from WDK for Win 7 x86 Debug Build environment . Whenever I try to install the Toaster Function KMDF driver( wdfsimple.sys/wdffeatured.sys) on Windows 7 x86 target PC using "Add Hardware wizard" as per the steps described in WDK Documentation i get error box saying "...

open up excel in quattro pro?
I received an .xls spreadsheet. I don't have excel. Can I open it using quattro pro? DO I change the extension to .qpw? How do I open it? Never mind ladies and gents - I tried it and it worked. I got impatient. Sorry for any inconvenience. Zhawk "zhawk" wrote: > I received an .xls spreadsheet. I don't have excel. Can I open it using > quattro pro? DO I change the extension to .qpw? How do I open it? ...

Chart help
I have a chart that shows sales data for each company that has done work for us by month for the past year. Problem is that if there were no sales for that company for a given month, that month dosn't show in the graph. What I need to show is a graph by company for every month with a 0 sales total for that month if there were no sales. I know I could just go through and put in a zero sale for each company for any month that they did not have a sale, but... I seem to remember that there is a setting that will do this for me. Can someone tell me if I am corect and where this setting is? ...

Open to Outlook Today?
When opening Outlook, it will no longer open to Outlook Today even though I have the appropriate box checked. It always opens to the in box. I have saved changes with the correct box checked however it will always open to the in box rather than Outlook Today. I have WindowsXP and MS Office XP. Thanks for any suggestions. "Phantom of the Bosque" <BosquePhantom@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:cok2c.44968$lS1.22467@fe2.texas.rr.com... > When opening Outlook, it will no longer open to Outlook Today even though I > have the appropriate box checked. It always opens to...

Making the ReplaceSel "act" like a typical Windows Program.
Hello, Here's something I would really like to get working. If I run this code, It works as far as adding it to the window. It scrolls nicely upon adding. But try and scroll back after it's been added and it falls apart. The Global::g_bdraw is a boolean thats been added because ReplaceSel will "paint" until the program crashes the system!? I'm using CEditView. I invoke the painting with InvalidateRect and UpdateWindow. void CMyView::OnPaint() { CPaintDC dc(this); // device context for painting if( Global::g_bdraw ) { // Paint only when asked. ...

general questions.. please help
can i know normally do people convert text files to xml format? how can we do to convert data from text files to xml? is it possible? to generate xml from jsp is it done automatically or manually? thanks in advance! appreciate if there are any links helpful... thanks all of u! jeremy *-----------------------* Posted at: www.GroupSrv.com *-----------------------* Hello Jeremy, > can i know normally do people convert text files to xml format? not normally by hand, but it can be done. Doing it with a program is better. > how can we do to convert data from text files to x...

Help! COUNTIF and SUMPRODUCT are eating my brain!
This *should* be easy, I guess, but I keep getting errors where I canno see a problem with my formula (Tho' admittedly I'm by no means an Exce expert). Here's my task: I have column G labeled "Tasks" and the cell values are either "Open" "Closed", "Cancelled", or blank. Then I have column L labeled "Name and the cell values are, of course, names. I'm simply trying to come u with a formula that will tally the tasks that are "Open" and of those how many are assigned to "Smith". After fruitless attempts using COUN...

Some Windows sounds replaced by pc speaker beep
This has happened before but seemed to fix itself but it has started again. The sounds made when a notification window or an information popup window happen have been replace by a pc speaker beep. (Can't remember what the sounds were, actually.) All the sounds in "Sounds and audio properties" are there and working. Muting the pc speaker in the "Volume control" panel makes no difference. Any ideas? ...

How do I open a specific worksheet using windows exp...
We use a home software at work to manage our shop maintenance actions and sometimes, we attach an excel workbook to compile data. We can also print the Excel workbook automatically when we print the desired maintenance action. It then prints the workbook in it's last configuration (most of the time, the wrong worksheet). I want to add a command to the link in the home software so that the Excel workbook always opens on the correct worksheet. The links in the home software act exactly the same as if you type an address in windows explorer. More precisely I want to open the workshee...

IM 10 Help
Hi, Need some help with IM 10 that came with GP 10 BE. I have tried following examples and manuel. Trying get vendor file in. 1. I have created a new intergration. 2. Added a new defined source. It is a comma delimited file. I give source a name. Browse and select file. Tell it is comma delimited and first row holds field names. Goto next tab "Columns". See all my source field names. 3. Add the Dynamics Vendor Destination. 4. go to mapping. the fields look ok. Two rules have source and rest have default. It will not let me change the rule drop down. So only those two rows can s...

Publsher cannot open the file
I created a calendar in publisher and tried to open it today to update it. I keep getting the above message. I have tried the following 1. Turning off Norton Anti-Virus 2. Opening the file on 3 different computers, one of which is not running Norton 3. Opening the file in Safe Mode Nothing is working! I have several graphics embedded in the publication - all from microsoft. I really don't want to waste another day redoing the entire publication. Any suggestions? cslviola wrote: > I created a calendar in publisher and tried to open it > today to update it. I keep getting th...

total VC newbie: a simple dialog box
*I only need a single word from user*, and my program hasn't main window. Well, I'm surrounded with books and tutorials, API, SDK, MSDN&KB, from VC++ for dummies to Petzold & lotsa stuff, but I still can't do such a simple thing!!! I'm with VC 6.0, Windows XP. I'll try to format my questions: 1) Is it complicated/unnessesary to do this manually? If not, what should I write? 2) Automated resourse production - what do I do with all those add/insert instruments? 0) I'd like to do it without use of MFC, does it make the "goal" (yes, laugh at me) more/les...

Problem Opening Files #2
When an attempt to open an Exel file by double clicking on the file icon in Windows Explorer the Exel window opens (without any workbook present) and the following error message is displayed: "Cannot find the file 'C:\***.XLS (or one of its components) Make sure the path (... etc)" The file can be opened by using the open command within Exel. This problem first appeared while running MS Office under Windows 98 but has persisted since upgrading to Windows 2000 Professional. I have tried Windows update and repairing the program automatically from 'ADD / REMOVE PROGRA...

OWA from a windows 98 machine which is *not* a domain member
I have a new exchange installation and I would like to give some users access to exchange via Outlook Web Access via our intranet. We have a few crappy old PCs which are running Windows 98 which are not members of the domain. When I use Internet Explorer to browse to: http://servername/exchange I am prompted for username password and domain. After entering valid info 3 times all I get back is: "Error access is denied" OWA works great on all of our Win2K machines. Is domain membership a requirement for OWA or is there some other snap-in or something required for Win 9x? Thanks, S...

When im half way through receiving a list of emails I loose my internet connection, as I have a dodgy phone line. I then have to press send and receive again because obviously I get an error on outlook express and when I click send and receive it starts from the begining of the list again. This has been going on for months now and ive got a list of about 11000 emails waiting to come through. Any ideas on what I should do? Is there any way of each time you click send and receive it starts from where it got upto last time e.g 30 0f 11000? Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheers Steve ...

Help creating updateable query

Contacts Panel Missing! Help?
Version Outlook Express 6.0 In the left hand column, the only panel I have is "Folders." How can I make the "Contacts" column also appear on the left hand side? I've tried everything (properties, views, etc.) Thanks in Advance, Christine Check things out under the View menu > Layout command. Please note: This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.publi...