Help bulk fetching of binary columns

Can anyone explain me how to implement bulk fetching for db fields of type
SQL_LONGVARCHAR or SQL_LONGVARBINARY ?
I have found the RFX_Binary_Bulk method but it is limited by the last
parameter "int nMaxLength", I can not know this parameter before fetching
and I don't want to truncate image or other binary data.
I need something like the RFX_LongBinary which is not limited, but I need it
to work in bulks.
Any idea ?

Thanks,
    Yariv

0
someone913 (592)
10/26/2004 9:06:50 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Re: Count "hours", as 1 each? Example attached....Please Help!
I am totally stumped... I would like if possible to count how many hours each employee worked, from a pivot table. I have already captured how many scans each employee did, just need to get a count of total number of hours each worker worked. ( Productivity report ) Example: a b c d e f g H 1 employee 8 AM 9AM 10AM 11AM 12PM 1PM TOTAL 2 3 BOB 40 49 50 55 80 274 4 NANCY 50 60 50 100 30 290 5 SUE 25 20 20 20 85 blank cells are when the worker scanned ...

Need immediate help with Access to Outlook Please
This is my 3rd request.... Please, thank you.... I went through a windows update and was asked to reboot which I did. I had Outlook open and closed it before rebooting - it was opened to contacts. when I tried to access Outlook I got an error message saying "your personal address book could not be opened. the file is either not accessible or not a personal address book. choose retry to access your personal address book, or choose cancel to not open your personal address book with this application." I have no other application to open this address book with! my contac...

Text to columns issue
Some how I got set up so that when I paste text into an excel sheet it auto does the text to columns funtion. Each word is in its own cell. I would very much like to know how I got set up in this way and even more how I can stop it. I have opened new sheet and books and the same thing still happens so I think it must be some sort of global setting but I just can't find it. Thanks in advance. -- sminor ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sminor's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37606 View this thread: http...

some one help with the function (OR)
some one help with the function (OR) I dont know how to use this function thankyou for al -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Did you check the help file? What part of the explanation didn't you understand? -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <nader.198htq@excelforum-nospam.com>, nader <<nader.198htq@excelforum-nospam.com>> says... > some one help with the function (OR) > I dont know how to use this function > > thankyou for all...

Pop Up Calendar Help
I am very new to Excel, working with 2003. I have followed the directions her http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut07.ht I think I am very close, but when I try to test the code I get run time erro Method'Value' of object 'Icalendar' failed When I select the debug it takes me t the line frm.Calendar.Sho Any help is greatly apprectiead Andrea Andrea, Did you rename the userform to frmCalendar? -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Andrea" <anonymous@discussions.mi...

Formula for a fill color help
I can't figure out how to make a formula that will recognize a color a a value. More specifically; If b1 is made to be green (color index 4) would like c1 to insert the letter Y. I am I'm looking for an I statement so I can use it throughout the whole workbook. The formula if I understand it should kind of look like (in C1): =If(b1=colorindex4,"Y","") I'm looking to put a "Y" in c1 if b1 is colored in green. I would really like to also know how to insert a fill color in an formula! Thank you for any of your help and time, Brya -- Bryan J Yo...

Need help with using command button
I am needing some help with getting a command button to run a query through msquery onto a worksheet. i have a work book with 33 worksheets. the first 31 worksheets are setup to be 1 sheet for 1 day's data, worksheets are labeled as 1,2,3,...30,31. the last two of the 33 sheets are just for summary graphs. each sheet has the date split up into three cells, such as April 15 2005. i have 3 workbooks setup this way, 1 for each of three shifts. on each sheet in each workbook, i also have a cell listing what shift that worksheet is for, as well as a cell that lists what plant it is...

Help with OpenArg
This has been driving me nuts for about a week now so I thought someone more experienced might have the answer as although it's complex for me, the newbie, it really is realtively simple. Q: I am using Access 2000. I have a client database. I am making a search form. The form is in dataview. It gets it's info. from a query that sorts the info from the client table. The info consists of the contactfirstname, contactlastname, ClientID, nextactiondate, and case status. When the user double clicks on a particular client's info. I would like for the "Clients" form to o...

Pie Chart Help #3
I am trying to create a pie chart and having trouble with selecting slices within the chart and grouping them together. I I want it to look like a scattered chart but want to select which pieces will group together. Please help. Thanks. ...

Need help with excel autofill VBA style
Hi everyone, I need help with autofill. The situation is that I have an excel spreadsheet that contain 2 worksheets: sheet1 and sheet2. The sheet1 basically contains just raw data; while sheet2 contains a number formula that are used for calculation. <Sheet1> <Sheet2> A B A B 1 2 1 1 Sum AVG 2 3 9 2 =SUM(Sheet1!A1:Sheet1!B1) =SUM(Sheet1!A1:Sheet1!B1) 3 7 1 3 4 8 2 4 The question is that I want to write a VBA script that will autofill the formula in colum...

Wanna write every data in new line through CFile but no idea! Plz help
Hi All, I want to write(append) word(data) into a file(CFile). I'm using CFile to do the same.. CFile::SeekToEnd() is called before every CFile::Write() But i need to write every data in a new line of text file. In CFile how could i achieve this? NOTE: I appended '\n' char into the end of my word(data). My cursor is moving into next line...but i don't know how to continue writing from cursor's current position in MFC CFile.. Thanks in Advance, Raa On 28 Dec 2006 02:28:36 -0800, "RajanM" <Rajan.Munuswamy@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi All, > I w...

I need complete idiot proof excel setup database help. please
I need to learn all about Excel and how to make a database.. I have read and read and done practise tutorials but I just cannot grasp the concept, it completely goes over my head everytime. I am quick to learn when I am being shown or told exactly what to do, can anyone help me learn all about Excel.. ? The first thing you need to know is that Excel is not a database application, and while it is commonly used for databases, it doesn't do them well. Expecting a database developed in XL to be "complete idiot proof" is setting yourself up for disaster. Without knowing any...

Macro to return cursor to specific column same row
Is there a simple way of returning the cursor to a specific column (say column "B") from any column, but keeping it in the same row? try cells(activecell.row,2).selec -- Kiera Born ignorant and still perfecting the ar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Kieran's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=124 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31864 Magic! Kieran - you're a champ! THANK YOU. "Kieran" wrote: > > try cells(activecell.row,2).select > &g...

Smart-shape to dumb-shape? Help with cross functional flow shape?
Greetings! For my purposes, I'd like to use the cross functional shape to build up swimlanes that don't change no mater how or what kind of shape is dropped on them. Using a background page is somewhat inconvenient for my pupose. Can you tell me how to kill the code or events that cause the cross-functional shape to interact with other shapes while leaving its other behaviour intact? (in particular, I don't want other shapes to become attached to a lane nor do I want the lane to change its width) Thanks in advance! The quick solution is to go to Tools > Options > S...

Help with If or Case
Hello, I have a report that list all orders for the year. The orders report includes a Status column and an order could have one of six possible status. Quote Held Invoiced Invoiced/Cancelled Deleted Deleted/Cancelled The users have asked to get a form with six option buttons they can toggle to choose which status conditions they want to include or exclude on the report. I have created the form with the six option buttons with “Default Value” property set to 1 and a Next button to run the report. I’m blanking out tryiing to build the nested If statement. Any examples ...

Inserting Columns in Excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I have just switched from a Dell to an Imac. I have such a basic question. I cannot insert rows or columns. It says something like can't shift data off of page. Any ideas? On 7/8/08 10:47 PM, in article 59b539bd.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Ex_Windows_User@officeformac.com" <Ex_Windows_User@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: intel > > I have just switched from a Dell to an Imac. I have such a basic question. I > cannot...

Stacked Column Chart with
Hi, I have a stacked column chart with this data in primary category axis Actual, , , , , , Budget, , , , , Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec and 5 series. I add some ScatteredLineNoMarkes series on AxisGroup 2 to create vertical lines (thanks to Jon Peltier for the tip). This works up to 5 of these scattered line series. Adding another will flip the x axis labels (Jan, Feb, ...) from side-by-side alignment to one upon the other ("Jan" upon "Feb" upon "Mar", ....). Any idea of this? No matter at which position the scattered lines resid...

Need help saving a file!
Well let me start off by saying that I feel lost using the Office 97 programs! I had to make a new resume so I got myself a template off of the site here. It opened up in publisher so that's where I created my resume. I've put a lot of time into it and now realize that I think I made a huge mistake! How the heck do I save it as a more "acceptable" file without screwing up the format??? (for uploading as an attachment) Or is that just not possible? I've tried saving it as a word document, but like I said, screws up the whole format. I'm really lost, don...

Please help!
Hello to all! I recently installed CRM 3.0 professional edition on Windows 2003 server standard edition. Now my manager wants to have sample database Adventure Works on the same server. How can I install Adventure works on already installed CRM 3.0 ? Or I have to reinstall whole CRM ? If yes, how can I specify during the installation that I need sample database to be installed ? This is really urgent question, and any help will be highly appreciated! thank you!!! Ozz, The AdventureWorks sample db isn't so much "installed" as it's run. It's an ..exe which you run...

Help #4
I have a column with values yes no as mentioned below i want 1 if value is yes 0 if value is no in next column yes no yes yes no no yes yes Hi kiran In B1 use this formula and copy down =IF(A1="yes",1,0) -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "kiran" <kiran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F3785964-28CB-4D7B-843B-6F684C00370B@microsoft.com... >I have a column with values yes no as mentioned below i want 1 if value is > yes 0 if value is no in next column > yes > no > yes > yes > no > no > yes > yes > ...

Insert a description in the task name column and not showing the s
I am new to Office Projects 2007 and want to insert desription of projects in the task name column but do not want the days, start and finish dates to appear in respective columns. Thankyou Any line will be interpreted as a task, and you cannot avoid the dates and bars. First, try not putting anything on a line which is not a task (or a summary or a milestone). It is not a good place for free-form text, and there are better ways such as in the Notes field. But, that said, it easy to hide text in the dates, durations etc. Just format it to be white. To hide bars, just open...

Need Help Enabling Flags in OWA for Public Folder
Hello-- I set up a public folders (not default public folders) with permissions for access to only a limited group via OWA. Everything is working great except no one, including the Domain Administrator can "flag" a post. The Flag Column header is grayed out and when you click on it, it merely depresses. Any advice on how to enable the flags would be appreciated. Many thanks, sd On Wed, 4 Oct 2006 09:45:02 -0700, razor <razor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello-- > >I set up a public folders (not default public folders) with permissions for >access to ...

Outlook Calendar help
Hello Outlook Folks, I use Outlook to keep reservations at a small motel. It's been working well for me for several years. I recently had a minor drive crash. The company the "repaired" it turned it into a major disaster. I have 2 drives, they formatted both drives for me. Now I have a few days work ahead of me to get back to where I was. Now, my question: I have pretty good backups on CD. Where does Outlook keep the calendar file? If I can pick & place this file I can get my reservations back and keep alot of people happy. Is this even possible? Any help is appreciate...

help: convert ms access from FAT format to NT format
I need help on converting Microsoft access from win98 FAT format to WinXP home NT access format. I recently bought an off-lease IBM for $299, loaded with winXP home and office 2000. I activated it and thought I could easily convert my win98 office 2000 access files. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. It kept telling me it couldn't convert the old files I copied form win98 HD. Please help. As Joseph explained elsewhere, this makes absolutely no sense. What version of Access was used to produce the old files. What did you do to get them onto your new machine? How are you ...

Entourage Attachment Help
I am using Entourage for POP access to my Gmail account. However, a lot of my gmail attachments are very big to download, and the whole process could take some time. So, does anyone know how to download my emails without the attachment? TIA Pikkie Knippers Hi Pikkie, Tools | Accounts, double click on the account in question. Click on options. Check the box for "partially receive messages over____", and fill in a number that you feel okay with. Then attachments will not download, or only partially download. The message will show up in your inbox with a link that you can click ...