Help about plugin programming

Hi all, I am given a task to display an image of our own format in adobe
acrobat reader, by adding a plug-in for the acrobat reader. I had never
done such plug-in programing project, so could anyone give me some idea
of how to do this task? Any SDK or sample codes that I can refer? I
checked adobe website, and their adobe SDK is not free...

By the way, any expert have done similar plug-ins? a plug-in that can
display content of customized format files in adobe reader, or just any
other adober reader plug-ins? If so, could you please send me a copy of
the source program to my email chenzhuo@alumni.nus.edu.sg ?

Millions of thanks...
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I would start here

http://partners.adobe.com/asn/developer/resources.jsp

AliR.

"Chen Zhuo" <chenzhuo914@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all, I am given a task to display an image of our own format in adobe
> acrobat reader, by adding a plug-in for the acrobat reader. I had never
> done such plug-in programing project, so could anyone give me some idea
> of how to do this task? Any SDK or sample codes that I can refer? I
> checked adobe website, and their adobe SDK is not free...
>
> By the way, any expert have done similar plug-ins? a plug-in that can
> display content of customized format files in adobe reader, or just any
> other adober reader plug-ins? If so, could you please send me a copy of
> the source program to my email chenzhuo@alumni.nus.edu.sg ?
>
> Millions of thanks...

0
AliR (179)
11/1/2004 4:04:07 PM
Ya, I also found that, but actually you cannot download any sourseful SDK
package unless you join the ASN developer forum...

"AliR" <AliR@mailserver.com> wrote in message
>I would start here
>
> http://partners.adobe.com/asn/developer/resources.jsp
>
> AliR.
>
> "Chen Zhuo" <chenzhuo914@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all, I am given a task to display an image of our own format in adobe
>> acrobat reader, by adding a plug-in for the acrobat reader. I had never
>> done such plug-in programing project, so could anyone give me some idea
>> of how to do this task? Any SDK or sample codes that I can refer? I
>> checked adobe website, and their adobe SDK is not free...
>>
>> By the way, any expert have done similar plug-ins? a plug-in that can
>> display content of customized format files in adobe reader, or just any
>> other adober reader plug-ins? If so, could you please send me a copy of
>> the source program to my email chenzhuo@alumni.nus.edu.sg ?
>>
>> Millions of thanks...

0
chen.zhuo (1)
11/2/2004 8:32:35 AM
"Chen Zhuo" <chen.zhuo@matrixview.com> wrote:

>Ya, I also found that, but actually you cannot download any sourseful SDK
>package unless you join the ASN developer forum...

That's patently untrue.  I fetched the 41MB Acrobat Full SDK with just two
mouse clicks from the page below.

Besides, if you need to really need to develop for Acrobat, why WOULDN'T
you want to join the ASN developer forum?  That's exactly what it is for.
--
- Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc
"Tim Roberts" <timr@probo.com> wrote in message
> "Chen Zhuo" <chen.zhuo@matrixview.com> wrote:
> >
> >Ya, I also found that, but actually you cannot download any sourseful SDK
> >package unless you join the ASN developer forum...
>
> That's patently untrue.  I fetched the 41MB Acrobat Full SDK with just two
> mouse clicks from the page below.

HUH??  If the URL you're talking about but haven't quoted from the OP is
    http://partners.adobe.com/asn/developer/resources.jsp
then it most definitely says (after 2-3 mouse clicks) that you *must* have a
registered ANS "account" :
    " You must have an ASN Web Account. If
        you already have an ASN Web Account,
        please login now."

So, what magic did you use to bypass their server?

        Norm

0
ndrez (136)

Data Validation Help Needed urgently !!!!!!!!!!!
I am trying to write a data validation in VBA. I know I have the code right but I can't get it to work. It works fine if the validation was done dirctly in excel but I get an error when I try the same thing in VBA. Below is a snippet of the code I am having a problem with. The problem seem to be with the " Formula1:=" line. I have been scratching my head for the past 24hrs now trying to figure this out and I am still not coming up with anything. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Range("B3:C3").Select With Selection.Validation .Delete .Add Type...

Help with Calling a Module within a Module
Simple problem, but I'm confused, I'm trying to call a module "TextToData" within the following code, but its coming up with a compile error. My code (I thought would work) is. Info on how to fix would be great (I know the individual parts work) Sub GenerateReport() Sheets("Sales Mix").Select Cells.Select Selection.ClearContents Range("A1").Select Selection.QueryTable.Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False Range("A1").Select Application.ScreenUpdating = False With Application .Calculation = xlManual .Max...

Help with Excel 2007
I am using Excel 2007. Each time I Close Excel I get an error box (Microsoft Office Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience) and if I don't un-check "restart microsof office" it will restart Excel. What can this problem be? Hi Rick Start Excel Office button > Excel options Click on Resources And run Microsoft Office Diagnostics -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Rick Price" <jayg359@gmail.com> wrote in message news:xnLli.48661$mZ7.14728@fe01.news.easynews.com... >I am using Exc...

Help-Error validating multiple documents
Hello. I've got a total of 5 schemas. They are: 1 - 1.xsd - a description of a city 2 - 2.xsd - a description of a town 3 - CityHall.xsd - a description of a cityhall-meant to be part of a document based on 1.xsd in "user area". 4 - TownHall.xsd - a description of a townhall-meant to be part of a document based on 2.xsd in "user area". 5 - testmultischema.xsd - a document which combines in a batch instances of cities and towns based upon 1.xsd and 2.xsd. I get the following xml validation error: ERROR: The 'http://adamExt.org:TownHall' element is not declar...

Help with Message Filtering & BCC
I'm sorry if my orginal post wasn't clear enough, so I'll try to elaborate. A.adds cc or bcc automatic settings options I would like to set up a bcc to an email address that automatically does so when I send a message. With Outlook 07, I have to do it manually each time. Whereas with Thunderbird, you can preselect whom you want to bcc messages to. Each time you send a message it does it automatically. B. manages the message filter options something like Mozilla Thunderbird I'm having a real problem managing my message filters using Outlook. I have many folders representing ...

INTEGRATION MGR HELP
I am using Great Plains 7.5 and Integration Manager 7.5. I have created a new integration for revenue and have added a source from an AS/400 file. I have added the General Journal as the destination and have mapped the destination fields that I need. I saved it and ran it and keep coming up with this error: Message DOC 1 ERROR: You must provide a message. Source Ln 317 Col 2, Update module, Last CBOM field read was root.'Note', Last window field visited was 'OK Button' of window Can someone please tell me what I need to do to get past this. thanks so much You hv...

Arrgh!..Need OW Help Please
Let me preface by saying I am using this document http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/OWA_Exchange_Server_2003.html as a guide. I have not configured any SSL options yet because I can't get it to work. Trying to build Exchange 2003 Frontend/backend on my LAN. Front end is W2k3 SP1\Exchange 2003 SP1 and Backend is W2k3 SP1\Exchange 2003 (no SP1). After installing Exchange on the 2nd server (to be the new Front-end), I am able to create a mailbox in it's own store and access it via OWA from a Win2000 Pro workstation. This mailbox resides on the 2nd server's own store. I then en...

Urgent help: change outlook default conatct form
Hi all, We added several fields to contacts in the standard form (design mode). We want this form to become users' default conatct form. Also, old contacts are able to launch from this new customized form. are these possible? exchange 2003/outllokk2003/outlook 2007) Yes. This is possible. You need to change the form on the folder properties and then run a program to change the IPM form used on existing items. See the last two sections at http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/publish_form.htm for details and link to the program. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] ...

Help. Wrong home mta for all users
Gang, using adsiedit I have found that all of my users have the incorrect home mta: It looks like this: CN=Microsoft MTA\ DEL:fa6b4c63-7cdb-43c0-aa14-fb19c4e855b5,CN=Deleted Objects,CN=Configuration,DC=Health,DC=org Is there a way that I can change this for all users at once? Script/csv/ldf/admodify.net -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- <troute_kilgore@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1169148159.997905.48020@m58g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... > Gang, using adsiedit I have...

SMTP queuing help
Hi all, I have an exchange 2000 server on domain1. I am running exchange 2003 on a totally unrelated domain2. I would like to configure domain2 as a backup for domain1. What I mean by backup is just a place for the mail for to be queued up incase the Internet goes down for domain1. Users do not need access to it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks! -LT Hello Luniz, Thanks for your posting here. You may use the one of the following options to download messages from the backup server. Option 1: Configure SMTP connector with ETRN/TURN enabled ========== To use this m...

help on conditional
Here is what I have, =SUM(IF(Sheet1!D9="JF",Sheet1!E9,0)+IF(Sheet1!D10="JF",Sheet1!E10,0)+IF(Sheet1!D11="JF",Sheet1!E11,0)+IF(Sheet1!D12="JF",Sheet1!E12,0)+IF(Sheet1!D13="JF",Sheet1!E13,0)+IF(Sheet1!D14="JF",Sheet1!E14,0)+IF(Sheet1!D15="JF",Sheet1!E15,0)+IF(Sheet1!D16="JF",Sheet1!E16,0)*IF(Sheet1!D17="JF",Sheet1!E17,0)+IF(Sheet1!D18="JF",Sheet1!E18,0)+IF(Sheet1!D19="JF",Sheet1!E19,0)+IF(Sheet1!D20="JF",Sheet1!E20,0)+IF(Sheet1!D21="JF",Sheet1!E21,0)+IF(Sheet1!D22=&q...

Can someone help me??? (0/1)
Let me start off by saying that I am no where near an excel expert so please bear with me. I have a schedule for my employees which is attatched to this post as an html file. They are contained in three different sheets within a workbook. Each sheet has its own formulas and such but I have excluded them and also condensed them down to save repitition. The 3 scheduling sheets are named Servers, Hostess, and BarBus I also have/want 7 other sheets named Mon thru Sun and a template is attatched as an html file as well. What I need to get working is the Mon thru Sun sheets to automatically pu...

Help with If and Then statement
I have a form based on a query which is itself based on 2 tables tbllevy and tblindividual. The form has a control, txtpaidbybusiness, whose control source is a YES/NO field in tbllevy with the same name. The form has another control whose source is txtbusinessname in tbllevy. If txtpaidbybusiness is YES I want to populate the control txtbusinessname with the value of the field with the same name from tblindividual. The two tables are linked in the query by txtmemnumber.tblindividual and txtmemnbr.tbllevy Can someone help with the If Then statement I need to put in the AfterUpdate event...

Need helps about importing and etc.
I'm a newbie, where can i find information about RMS Setup and Deployment Overview, Installation Requirements, Terminology, Upgrading, Configuration, Import/Export, Limitations, and so on? thanks, Jay K Partner Source http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/partnersource.mspx -- Mobitech Lady Amy Luby Mobitech 402.330.0707 www.mobitechonline.com "JayK" <JayK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AD41CE8-6B86-45A0-A2EA-A61A91CFB482@microsoft.com... > I'm a newbie, where can i find information about RMS Setup and Deployment > Overview, Instal...

wmp usage rights and virus's please help!!
Please help I am not very technical but have managed in the past to download tv shows and watch them using vuze and wmp. However now when i try and watch anything, I get a box open up and it says that I have to download media usage rights aquisition. When ever I click on start and download this it just gives me loads of malware and virus's. Mirar, virtumonde and win32.agent. How can I watch these programmes that I have downloaded without getting these. Fortunately spybot sorts them out for me, but I would dearly love to just be able to watch stuff that I have downloaded, a...

Dont force a Blank Page if Field is Null !!!!!! Please Help
Hello again, Asking for some expert advise. I have a report that has two sections both with headers and footers. in the final footer I have a unbound field that if the check box is true show the field, if false, Null. it wiorks great, but here is my problem. that footer need to pring on the second page and it will if I "Force New Page" but if it is null it gives me a Blank page. I tried the grouping and Page Breaks and Footer Properties but they all seem to do the same thing or it doesnt. Please help!!!! -- -The Novice Learn Today, Teach Tomorrow Great Success is one...

when re-running installer to install omitted program (Entourage) does complete re-install, then fails
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Hi Everyone. I installed Word and PowerPoint a few weeks ago, and I want to now install Entourage. So I re-ran the installer ("/Volumes/Microsoft Office 2008/Office Installer.mpkg"). It didn't give me any options for selecting Entourage. Instead it just kicked off an installed *everything*, including Word and PowerPoint. Crap. This is very upsetting as I DON'T want messenger, excel, etc. Adding insult to injury, the program asked if I wanted to install the update ("Install Microsoft Office 2008 fo...

Table Help
Hello Everyone, I know I have seen this problem before and that I have corrected it in the past, but for some reason I can't figure it out this time or find something similar online. The problem is simply, when I view a certain table one of its columns is completely filled in with "##########". The data is still there because when I click on it the data appears, and the data is visible in a justified form. It can't stay like this but I can't figure how I did it in the first place or how to change it back. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You Ko...

Serialization Help Required
Hello All I have a mfc dll that has a serialied class derived from CObject. like class CMyBaseObject: pulbic CObject { DECLARE_SERIAL(CMyBaseObject); ..... }; I have another mfc dll that i link statically to the first dll. This dll has another serialized class derived from CMyBaseObject. like class CMyDerived: pulbic CMyBaseObject { DECLARE_SERIAL(CMyDerived); ..... }; but on building this dll i get linker errors stating unresolved external symols. can anyone tell how can i use one serialized class in antohter dll to avoid linker problems? thanks hi i think, u have not set the dl...

Creating help
I wonder how to create help for my project? I've found an .rtf file in the hlp folder of my VC++ 6 project that seems to be the ground for the help. Are you supposed to edit this file somehow? How do you create different pages with links between them in the help? You do it it with a great deal of difficulty in my opinion. What you need is Help Workshop (HCW.EXE) which you already have or you can download from MS with which you edit contents files and compile/test the help. You need MS Word to edit the .rtf files. VS gives you a starter file (AfxCore.rtf) which you modify. You have...

Program trying to access Outlook
I just upgraded my Office XP Pro from the Microsoft Security site. But now, whenever I try to create a new e- mail message, I get the warning that a program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. I click no....ie not allowing this, and the new message window opens. However, I keep getting error messages and requests to report errors to Microsoft. This never happened prior to up Office Upgrade. Any ideas what this is? Thanks. "bill h" said in news:17f7c01c419fa$8dcb5d10$a401280a@phx.gbl: > I just upgraded my Office XP Pro from the Microsoft > Se...

how to get the other file 's icon in my program
hello ,gays . i hava a question : how to get the other file 's icon and show it ? for example ,when i select a file which named abc.zip , i will get the winzip's icon . when i open an other EXE file ,for expamle MSN , i will get MSN's icon and show it . how can i do ? thanks . enlone I think the customary thing is to display the first icon. Off the top of my head: HICON GetIconFromFile(CString szExe) { HINSTANCE hLibrary; //load module if( (hLibrary = LoadLibraryEx( szExe, NULL, LOAD_LIBRARY_AS_DATAFILE )) == NULL ) { // Failed to load - abort Afx...

Urgent Help VBA
Hello, I need ASAP to transform this function into a VBA macro to finish an existing VBA Macro =INDEX([VBPA.xls]Sheet1!$D$1:$D$50000, MATCH(1,(INT(D3)=[VBPA.xls]Sheet1!$A$1:$A$50000)*("BP"=[VBPA.xls]Sheet1!$C$1:$C$50000),0)) -- Regards, Jeff Hello, A function is different than a procedure, they are not the same, and that is what you asked for. If you want to know how to *use* the function using VBA, well, why don't you use it just the way it is, using the Evaluate method? Evaluate("=INDEX([VBPA.xls]Sheet1!$D$1:$D$50000,MATCH(1,(INT(D3)=[VBPA.xls]Sheet1!$A$1:$A$...

Outlook Macro
I need to set a large number of Outlook calendar entires to: Show Time as: Free, and Sensitivity: Private I am having difficulty working out how to write a macro to do this. can anyone help please? Thanks V ...

PLEASE HELP => MSCRMFaxRouterService
I got a huge proglem with CRM 3.0 => I keep getting this error-message in the application event logs: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.FaxConnectorService.FaxSinkServiceException: Failed to initialize the fax analysis module for folder: [CRMServerUrl:'http://MASTER:5555' Folder:' C:\Programme\Microsoft CRM\Server\bin\fax\incoming'] (Microsoft.Crm.Tools.FaxConnectorService.FaxSinkServiceException: Failed to load users for fax recognition purposes for folder: [CRMServerUrl:'http://MASTER:5555' Folder:' C:\Programme\Microsoft CRM\Server\bin\fax\incoming'] (System....