Going From MFC to .NET

I hope someone can help me on this!
here is what's happening:
Big project created on MFC C++ with extensive GUI etc...
I tryed to open this project using .NET
and everything is fine from GUI to project settings etc...
Now the problem is that when I try to compile a debug or release vr.
the project gives the following error after successfully compiling all
of the other codes:

//**THIS IS JUST PART OF THE OUTPUT**//

Linking...
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
2003\Vc7\PlatformSDK\lib\msimg32.lib : warning LNK4003: invalid library
format; library ignored
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
2003\Vc7\PlatformSDK\lib\msimg32.lib : warning LNK4003: invalid library
format; library ignored
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
2003\Vc7\PlatformSDK\lib\msimg32.lib : warning LNK4003: invalid library
format; library ignored
LogFile.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "unsigned long
__cdecl _exception_code(void)" (?_exception_code@@YAKXZ)
Option_DCT_Settings.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"unsigned long __cdecl _exception_code(void)" (?_exception_code@@YAKXZ)
referenced in function "bool __cdecl
ATL::_ATL_SAFE_ALLOCA_IMPL::_AtlVerifyStackAvailable(unsigned long)"
(?_AtlVerifyStackAvailable@_ATL_SAFE_ALLOCA_IMPL@ATL@@YA_NK@Z)
HardDriveTest.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "unsigned
long __cdecl _exception_code(void)" (?_exception_code@@YAKXZ)
common.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "unsigned long
__cdecl _exception_code(void)" (?_exception_code@@YAKXZ)
globals.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "unsigned long
__cdecl _exception_code(void)" (?_exception_code@@YAKXZ) referenced in
function "unsigned long __stdcall
ATL::GetEnvironmentVariableWFake(unsigned short const *,unsigned short
*,unsigned long)" (?GetEnvironmentVariableWFake@ATL@@YGKPBGPAGK@Z)
ThreadSafe.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "unsigned
long __cdecl _exception_code(void)" (?_exception_code@@YAKXZ)

0
mgi5001 (5)
7/26/2006 8:56:42 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Medical-Fix wrote:
> I hope someone can help me on this!

Somebody in the relevant newsgroup from "microsoft.public.*" hierarchy
should be able to.  I'd start in 'microsoft.public.vc.project_mgt'.

> [...]

v.Abazarov (15)
7/26/2006 9:05:40 PM
In comp.lang.c++ Medical-Fix <mgi5001@motorola.com> wrote:

> Big project created on MFC C++ with extensive GUI etc...
> I tryed to open this project using .NET

<ot>.NET offers such an improvement over MFC that, IMHO, this effort
sounds like a waste of time.  If you or your company has the resources
to completely rewrite this application in .NET (presumably C#), then do
that; otherwise, learn to live with MFC.  You won't be the only one.</ot>

--
C. Benson Manica           | I *should* know what I'm talking about - if I
cbmanica(at)gmail.com      | don't, I need to know.  Flames welcome.

There is a possibility that your msgimg32.lib file actually has been corrupted (repeating
the same error message three times doesn't convey anything useful).  An example of the
source code that is trigger the exception code errors might be useful.  THere is also the
possibility that you have put explicit paths in your link, so the new code is trying to
link with an old library which doesn't contain the symbols you use.  Without knowing what
the parameters are for your build step, it is impossible to guess what is wrong.
					joe

On 26 Jul 2006 13:56:42 -0700, "Medical-Fix" <mgi5001@motorola.com> wrote:

>I hope someone can help me on this!
>here is what's happening:
>Big project created on MFC C++ with extensive GUI etc...
>I tryed to open this project using .NET
>and everything is fine from GUI to project settings etc...
>Now the problem is that when I try to compile a debug or release vr.
>the project gives the following error after successfully compiling all
>of the other codes:
>
>//**THIS IS JUST PART OF THE OUTPUT**//
>
>Linking...
>C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
>2003\Vc7\PlatformSDK\lib\msimg32.lib : warning LNK4003: invalid library
>format; library ignored
>C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
>2003\Vc7\PlatformSDK\lib\msimg32.lib : warning LNK4003: invalid library
>format; library ignored
>C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
>2003\Vc7\PlatformSDK\lib\msimg32.lib : warning LNK4003: invalid library
>format; library ignored
>LogFile.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "unsigned long
>__cdecl _exception_code(void)" (?_exception_code@@YAKXZ)
>Option_DCT_Settings.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
>"unsigned long __cdecl _exception_code(void)" (?_exception_code@@YAKXZ)
>referenced in function "bool __cdecl
>ATL::_ATL_SAFE_ALLOCA_IMPL::_AtlVerifyStackAvailable(unsigned long)"
>(?_AtlVerifyStackAvailable@_ATL_SAFE_ALLOCA_IMPL@ATL@@YA_NK@Z)
>HardDriveTest.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "unsigned
>long __cdecl _exception_code(void)" (?_exception_code@@YAKXZ)
>common.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "unsigned long
>__cdecl _exception_code(void)" (?_exception_code@@YAKXZ)
>globals.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "unsigned long
>__cdecl _exception_code(void)" (?_exception_code@@YAKXZ) referenced in
>function "unsigned long __stdcall
>ATL::GetEnvironmentVariableWFake(unsigned short const *,unsigned short
>*,unsigned long)" (?GetEnvironmentVariableWFake@ATL@@YGKPBGPAGK@Z)
>ThreadSafe.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "unsigned
>long __cdecl _exception_code(void)" (?_exception_code@@YAKXZ)
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)
7/27/2006 3:52:47 AM
Hi Bensen,

I couldn't figure out what you mean by the comment.  You said ".NET offers
such an improvement over MFC, this effort sounds like a waste of time."
That sounds contradictory to me. However, I agree that this effort could
maybe not be worth the trouble unless there is something specific in the
managed code stuff in.NET that is needed. Just curious.

Tom

"Christopher Benson-Manica" <ataru@ukato.freeshell.org> wrote in message
> In comp.lang.c++ Medical-Fix <mgi5001@motorola.com> wrote:
>
>> Big project created on MFC C++ with extensive GUI etc...
>> I tryed to open this project using .NET
>
> <ot>.NET offers such an improvement over MFC that, IMHO, this effort
> sounds like a waste of time.  If you or your company has the resources
> to completely rewrite this application in .NET (presumably C#), then do
> that; otherwise, learn to live with MFC.  You won't be the only one.</ot>
>
> --
> C. Benson Manica           | I *should* know what I'm talking about - if I
> cbmanica(at)gmail.com      | don't, I need to know.  Flames welcome.

0
tserface (3861)
7/27/2006 6:28:13 PM
Ok here is what's happening...
I have opened the project "originally created MFC" using VC++ .NET
I got does errors for some reason unknown, I fixed other minor errors
and opened the project once more but on a different computer...
What u know! works!
it's something to do with my computer I gess and I can't figure it
out...
Perhaps some settings are wrong on VC++??

I thank you guys concerns and help...

Jona

0
mgi5001 (5)
7/27/2006 7:30:38 PM
I've had to fix minor errors in my code for every release.  Lots of things
have changed since 6.0 (assuming that's where you are coming from) so some
upgrading pretty normal.  Could be the other computer has some components
installed that you don't, etc.  It might help if you post some of the errors
your seeing.

Tom

"Medical-Fix" <mgi5001@motorola.com> wrote in message
> Ok here is what's happening...
> I have opened the project "originally created MFC" using VC++ .NET
> I got does errors for some reason unknown, I fixed other minor errors
> and opened the project once more but on a different computer...
> What u know! works!
> it's something to do with my computer I gess and I can't figure it
> out...
> Perhaps some settings are wrong on VC++??
>
> I thank you guys concerns and help...
>
> Jona

0
tserface (3861)
7/27/2006 11:11:27 PM
In comp.lang.c++ Tom Serface <tserface@msn.com> wrote:

> I couldn't figure out what you mean by the comment.  You said ".NET offers
> such an improvement over MFC, this effort sounds like a waste of time."

What I meant is that trying to open an MFC project with .NET sounds
much less fruitful than simply rewriting the project, assuming
resources are available.

--
C. Benson Manica           | I *should* know what I'm talking about - if I
cbmanica(at)gmail.com      | don't, I need to know.  Flames welcome.
0
ataru (2)
7/28/2006 1:12:49 AM
Christopher Benson-Manica wrote:
> In comp.lang.c++ Tom Serface <tserface@msn.com> wrote:
>

>>I couldn't figure out what you mean by the comment.  You said ".NET offers
>>such an improvement over MFC, this effort sounds like a waste of time."
>

> What I meant is that trying to open an MFC project with .NET sounds
> much less fruitful than simply rewriting the project, assuming
> resources are available.

Christopher:

You are still confusing me here. The fact that MS marketing chose to add
the suffix .NET to VS2002 and VS2003 does not mean that these products
cannot compile a native (e.g. MFC) project. They can. Upgrading a VC6
project to VS2002 or 2003 (or 2005) should be a simple matter of fixing
a few parts of your code that are flagged by the stricter (better!)
compiler, and a very small number of breaking changes in MFC. No big
effort. Personally, apart from improving the code, I do not see much
advantage to this, and what I do is use VS2003 to improve my code, and
then go back to developing it in VC6, whiose IDE I much prefer.

Converting an application to use the .NET framework is a whole other
thing. Here MS has provided some ability to migrate to .NET by allowing
some mixing of MFC and Winforms. If you are going to do this I would
certainly recommend using VS2005 with its improved C++/CLI syntax. But
this route has very little appeal for me: mixing MFC and Winforms seems
to me the worst thing to do because you end up with two sets of baggage.

My current approach is to strive to move all the "business logic" of my
MFC applications into pure C++ classes that do not use MFC. Then one day
(not soon!) I will create managed wrappers for these classes using
C++/CLI, and completely rewrite the GUI, either in C++/CLI or C#.

David Wilkinson
0
no-reply8010 (1791)
7/28/2006 11:42:48 AM
perhaps I should use the same *.h and *.cpp files but re do the whole
GUI part...
I know there is some library missing or something but I have checked
all settings for the project to the other computers working project
settings, and they are the same.

This are the errors I get:

on the TASK LIST SHOWS THIS:

MTCTestSuite error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "unsigned long
__cdecl _exception_code(void)" (?_exception_code@@YAKXZ)
MTCTestSuite error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "unsigned long
__cdecl _exception_code(void)" (?_exception_code@@YAKXZ)

on the OUTPUT TAB:

Generating Code...
Compiling resources...
Linking...
LINK : warning LNK4075: ignoring '/EDITANDCONTINUE' due to
'/INCREMENTAL:NO' specification
ThreadSafe.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "unsigned
long __cdecl _exception_code(void)" (?_exception_code@@YAKXZ)
picture.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "unsigned long
__cdecl _exception_code(void)" (?_exception_code@@YAKXZ)
StdAfx.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "unsigned long
__cdecl _exception_code(void)" (?_exception_code@@YAKXZ)
common.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "unsigned long
__cdecl _exception_code(void)" (?_exception_code@@YAKXZ)
globals.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "unsigned long
__cdecl _exception_code(void)" (?_exception_code@@YAKXZ)

0
mgi5001 (5)
7/28/2006 1:42:05 PM
Medical-Fix wrote:

> Ok here is what's happening...
> I have opened the project "originally created MFC" using VC++ .NET

Completely off-topic for this newsgroup. Go read the FAQs, in
particular this one:

<http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9>

Brian

Is there a way to store a file in resources or therewise in MFC app?
Hello, I'm trying to be able to create a given file to a given directory without copying it from some other directory but rather from a storage location inside the .exe. Is there a way to do that?? Thanks, Ivan "Ivan Starr" <ivan@ivanstarr.com> wrote in message news:ejccNsnZDHA.2620@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I'm trying to be able to create a given file to a given directory without > copying it from some other directory but rather from a storage location > inside the .exe. Is there a way to do that?? FindResource, LoadResource, SizeofRe...

.NET Framework Configuration
Hi!! I'm just curious what would happen if I did the following. I assume that this would cause greate problem 1. I start .NET Framework Configuration from ControlPanel->AdministationTool->Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Configuaration 2.Expand RunTime Security Policy 3.Expand Machine 4.Expand Code Groups in Machine 5. Expand All_Code 6. Right Click on My_Computer_Zone and choose property 7. Click tab Permission Set 8.Change Permission set to Internet or even worse to Nothing So my question is what would happen if I did this changes ? I mean that by doing these changes...

NET 4.0 and NET 3.5
Hello, Does any knows if I can use a class library compiled with NET 3.5 in a Net 4.0 project? Thank You, Miguel shapper wrote: > Hello, > > Does any knows if I can use a class library compiled with NET 3.5 in a > Net 4.0 project? It's ".NET". Not "NET". You don't compile a library with (i.e. using) .NET 3.5. You compile a library with a particular version of a compiler (e.g. C# 3.0). If you're asking whether a library that was compiled to need only .NET 3.5 can still work in .NET 4.0 is installed, well�since .NET 4.0 is...

XML Document reference between asp.net pages
Hi all, I have just started working with XML documents. I have just built a form that creates an xml document and it sends it to biztalk where i get an xml document as a response. i read a node value from the xml document and depending on the result i open a new page. I was wondering what the best method is for referencing the response xml document created on the previous page??? i.e. should i save it or cache it or what ??? As i say im quite new to this so any help greatly appreciated. Regards CG ...

Need Example of Calling .NET method via CCW
Hi, Could some body please point me to an MFC sample which calls a .NET method via a CCW. I am not allowed to use managed extensions. regards, T On May 8, 1:46 pm, T <sw.tejasvi...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Could some body please point me to an MFC sample which calls a .NET > method via a CCW. I am not allowed to use managed extensions. > > regards, > T I have marked the assembly, class and method as ComVisible. I have also imported the typelib into my MFC project. But I get the error "Warning: attempt to call Invoke with NULL m_lpDispatch!". What i...

How to display mfc control in new look style?
Hi, anybody knows how to show mfc controls like button or other controls in new look style? Please see below link to know about what i mean by new look style is. http://www.geocities.com/henky_arektc97/question/ I want to make my controls in dialog shown as Picture 2, not as Picture 1 (look at the button). Are there lack of some defines or codes or something else, because when I create new project again, the dialog will be displayed as I want in Picture 2. I use MFC 9 (vs2008). Thank you for any help! "Saitama" <Saitama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Outlook 98 e-mails not going to sent items.
This is a weird problem from my behalf, when i send an e-mial no matter to who, the e-mail does not go to the sent items folder. Can anyone help out, thank you. Marcel. ...

Exchange Only mail not going.
Server = 2003 Std Exchange = 2003 Std Clients using SMTP & POP to/from various ISP's, Exchange is the central archive for company. But will eventually be ONLY email. Email addressed via Exchange goes nowhere. Some sit in X400 queue, others just vanish. Email from Administrator account. (No SMTP to ISP, ONLY an Exchange account) just vanishes. Not on any queue, but Outlook claims it was sent. Email To Administrator From Administrator using X400 address vanishes Email To Administrator From Administrator using SMTP address vanishes. Email To working client From Administrator using X400 o...

Utilizing VB.NET and QSRules
Can anyone tell me how to reference qsrules in a vb.net application. For example i want to be able to utilize the add method: Added = Session.Transaction.Entries.Element(Number).Item(id, ilc, qty, 0, false, 0) However i am unable to reference the qsrules or the store operations, as it states that these are not "strong named". I am able to create a project and execute code within the project, but i cannot reference anything on the POS screen (as an example). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Robert -- rshuptrine armsys Download the customization guide from PartnerSource...

How can I tell if I have .NET framework on this machine?
I"m working on someone else's machine, and I'm not sure what's installed. How can I tell if I have .NET Framework 3.5 with Service Pack 1? Where do I find the latest service packs for .NET? If I don't have it (it's a sys requirement for another package I'm getting later) how do I get it? Many thanks. > I"m working on someone else's machine, and I'm not sure what's installed. > > How can I tell if I have .NET Framework 3.5 with Service Pack 1? > > Where do I find the latest service packs for .NET? > > ...

Several asp.net sites pointing to same physical folder
Hello, Is there any problem in asp.net 2.xx to point several IIS Web sites to the same folder an its web.config, due to necessity to have several ssl certificats ? I suppose no, as this is the recommanded conf by IIS teamers. Thanks for help. CS On Feb 9, 11:25=A0pm, "CS ADNT" <NOSPA...@NOSPAMaddonnice.com> wrote: > Hello, > > Is there any problem in asp.net 2.xx to point several IIS Web sites to th= e > same folder an its web.config, due to necessity to have several ssl > certificats ? > I suppose no, as this is the recommanded conf by...

how to use XPath function "ms:string-compare" in .NET
Hi, Can anyone point me why the following code is not working for me? Its giving me an error while executing "SelectNodes" ... I have strugled for almost one full day.. I am comaratively new to XSL and XSLT concepts. I appriciate any kind help. Thanks, Bhavin. CODE: ********************************************************************** Private Sub Save() Dim xmldocRoot As New XmlDocument() Dim xmlnodeChildNode As XmlNode Dim xmlnodeAttributeNode As XmlNode xmldocRoot.Load("C:\ACBD.XML") 'Dim xsltcon As Xml.Xsl.XsltContext Dim ns As New XmlNamespaceManager(xml...

Best MFC to use to programe an Internet client application.
Dear sir, To enable a program to connect to a web server and get information, which MFC or technology is the best? (I only know WinInet class!). Thanks, Milan. I know of the following technologies: WinInet, MSHTML, host IWebBrowser2(if you want visual feedback) or automate IE. MFC provides some helper classes like CHttpConnection/CFtpConnection. Example TEAR in MSDN is worth a look. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Milan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:004401c3aba8$ae575400$a501280a@phx.gbl... | Dear sir, | To enable a program...

[ANN] eXml
I'm glad to announce first release of the eXml - extended ASP.NET Xml Web Server Control. eXml is a free open-source ASP.NET 2.0 Web server control extending and improving standard ASP.NET XML Web server control. eXml Web server control uses new .NET 2.0 XSLT processor - XslCompiledTransform class to perform XSL transformations thus providing in average 400% performance boost and improved standard compliance. Additionally eXml Web server control provides built-in support for 70+ EXSLT extension functions, XML Inclusions (XInclude) 1.0, friendly XML rendering, <?xml-stylesheet?> XML ...

Accessing two tables from a single mfc application
Hi, I need to know how to access two tables using a single mfc(vc++) application. I also need to know how to extract data from a table using an mfc application using a primary key in a table.It is very important that I get answers for these two questions as this is part of my final year college project and I have very little time to complete this. Please Help! Thanks, Satish. "Satish Chandrasekar" <yourdisplayname@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0D7EC0A-18C3-4375-B5A5-AFDB1AB2F577@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I need to know how to access two tab...

Using OLE DB in MFC Project
Hi, I have developed an MFC application. I now want to add database functionality to it. I have had a look at the various database technologies and have decided to try using direct OLE DB rather than ADO as it is faster. However I have noticed that in tutorials it is recommended to use the wizards in an ATL project. As i have said before my application has been written in MFC. I was wondering how easy it is to add direct OLE DB to my MFC application. I would appreciate suggesstions on how i can manage this, Thanks In Advance Macca ...

Porting MFC to Mac OS X and Linux
What would you folks suggest if I was asked to port an MFC program(+100K lines of MFC application code) to Linux and or the Mac? What migration tools could you recommend? The application uses extensively modified(owner draw) MFC controls. --Mike I have no idea about Mac. For Linux, you can take a look at http://www.mainsoft.com/products/mainwin.html and see it if it helps. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Mike Engelhardt" <nospam@spam.org> wrote in message news:jHryc.83896$Og1.41441@newssvr25.news.prodigy.com... > What would you folks suggest if I was...

some particular id mail is not going
outgoinh mails are not working for particular ids uae wrote: > outgoinh mails are not working for particular ids Are you sure the addresses are right? -- Joseph Meehan Dia 's Muire duit uae <uae@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > outgoinh mails are not working for particular ids Describe the complete symptoms, including your Outlook version, account type, and the exact text of any errors you see. -- Brian Tillman ...

large numbers going from XLS to CSV
I am trying to save an excell file as a .csv file. I have one cell that contains a 16 digit number and it wont save as text. It turns into "7777+15". How can I get it to save correctly. thanks Jim If you open the .CSV file in Notepad, I bet your 16 digits show up nicely. But if you reopen that file in excel, excel will try to make that field numeric--and excel only supports 15 significant digits. (and will format it in scientific notation to boot.) If you have to reopen it in excel, you can rename that .csv file to .txt. Then when you do File|open, you'll see the data i...

Making a list in Excel automatically go to the top of the same pag
How do I make a list in Excel automatically go to the top of the same page after it reaches the bottom of the first column. Bill A bit unclear what you want. Bottom of first column is A65536 or do you mean some arbitrary "bottom"? Is this for printing purposes or data entry purposes? Anything automatic would involve VBA code. Is that acceptable? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 17:31:02 -0800, "Radio Bill" <Radio Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I make a list in Excel automatically go to the top of the same page >after it reache...

photo side will not move while music is going why
Poerpoint 2007 Have sldie show ready and it works great put in MP3 songs and works great go to test it all and they songs start but the phots will not change every 5 sec What am I missing?? Why will they ot work together? HELP!!! Urgent The photos will not change ...Or the slides will not change? "wolf" <wolf@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: B68EEA13-026F-482F-B718-3D97C37E21CB@microsoft.com... > Poerpoint 2007 > Have sldie show ready and it works great > put in MP3 songs and works great > go to test it all and they songs ...

Database programming in MFC
Hello, I am quite new to database programming in MFC. I need to read/write MS Access database files. Writing binary data is crucial. So far, I tried CDatabase and CRecordset classes. Reading is OK, but updating records is painful. I tried the CODBCRecordset class written by Stefan Tchekanov (http://www.codeproject.com/database/odbcrecordset.asp), but there are errors in reading/writing binary data. What is the best tool for MS Access in MFC ? Thanks! DAO of course. It is native to Accrss databases. But SQL Express is recommended for easiler upgrade. -- Regards Sheng Jiang Microsoft Most...

MFC extension DLL not attached to chain
Hello, I have a big problem: a simple MFC application using MFC in a shared DLL + An extension DLL (wizard-made) with a bitmap inside: IDB_BMP. When I try to load the IDB_BMP bitmap I get error 1814: "The specified resource name cannot be found in the image file. " Here is the code from myapp.cpp: ........................................................... HMODULE hh; VERIFY(hh = AfxLoadLibrary("myextension.dll")); //AfxSetResourceHandle(hh); -> if I uncomment this line it works! CBitmap bmp; int n = bmp.LoadBitmap(IDB_BMP); // n == 0 DWORD dw = GetLastError(); // -...

M07 Dlx Porfolio Manager views go missing?!?
All of a sudden most or none of my views show what they should. First it was Standard view working and all the rest blank. Then all views had this message "You currently do not have any investment accounts selected. Click the link below to see your accounts. See your accounts." Now the Standard view has a blue bar at the top, lots of lines and a scroll bar that seems about right, a blue bar with today's total change, market value, and YTD return, all with sane values, but no data on the lines. Changing to, say, Return Calculations, removes the lines and the scroll bar, but...

longhorn and win32/64/MFC
Will all the new longhorn features be exposed to win32/64 functions and/or MFC classes. Will there be new MFC classes for Longhorn ? Where can I find docs and articles about this. Maybe somewhere on MSDN ? A new version of MFC is part of Visual Studio (Whidbey) and not the next OS. Current versions of MFC will continue to work on Longhorn. I dont think VS2005 is going to have features of a yet to be released OS. If you meant to ask new features of MFC in new version of Visual Studio (VS2005), I dont think MFC has changed that much other than its more friendly with managed controls of .net. ...