Getting Tab Text

Hi,

I have a Tab Control with Tabs.

I'm trying to get the Tab Text.

I can get the tab and set the text no problem.
But, when I try to read the text,  pszText is alway's a <Bad Ptr>

If I immediately get the Item after I set the Item, It shows the Text.

//Initially setting Tab Text.
 TCITEM tcItem;
 tcItem.mask = TCIF_TEXT;
 tcItem.pszText = String.GetBuffer();
 String.ReleaseBuffer(); //I don't think this matters. It fails both with
and without.
 c_TabCtrl.InsertItem(c_TabCtrl.GetItemCount(), &tcItem);

//Trying to get Tab Text
   TCITEM tcItem;
   tcItem.mask = TCIF_TEXT;
   nSel = c_TabCtrl.GetCurSel();
   c_TabCtrl.GetItem(nSel, &tcItem); //Always a <Bad Ptr>
   String = "Hello";
   tcItem.pszText = String.GetBuffer();
   c_TabCtrl.SetItem(nSel, &tcItem);  // Changes Tab Text.
   c_TabCtrl.GetItem(nSel, &tcItem); // This works. Immediately After
Setting Text.

Ref: (Shows setting text, but not getting text)
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/_mfc_ctabctrl.3a3a.getitem.asp

Thanks,
dbgrpt.c -1.

chollan2 (126)
11/15/2005 4:36:18 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hello Computer,

     I remember that I had ever encountered this problem.
     I guess you must clear the TCITEM before using it. For example,

     TCITEM tcItem;
     ZeroMemory( &tcItem, sizeof( tcItem ) );

     Hope this does help.

Justin

> Hi,
>
> I have a Tab Control with Tabs.
>
> I'm trying to get the Tab Text.
>
> I can get the tab and set the text no problem.
> But, when I try to read the text,  pszText is alway's a <Bad Ptr>
> If I immediately get the Item after I set the Item, It shows the Text.
>
> //Initially setting Tab Text.
> TCITEM tcItem;
> tcItem.mask = TCIF_TEXT;
> tcItem.pszText = String.GetBuffer();
> String.ReleaseBuffer(); //I don't think this matters. It fails both
> with
> and without.
> c_TabCtrl.InsertItem(c_TabCtrl.GetItemCount(), &tcItem);
> //Trying to get Tab Text
> TCITEM tcItem;
> tcItem.mask = TCIF_TEXT;
> nSel = c_TabCtrl.GetCurSel();
> c_TabCtrl.GetItem(nSel, &tcItem); //Always a <Bad Ptr>
> String = "Hello";
> tcItem.pszText = String.GetBuffer();
> c_TabCtrl.SetItem(nSel, &tcItem);  // Changes Tab Text.
> c_TabCtrl.GetItem(nSel, &tcItem); // This works. Immediately After
> Setting Text.
> Ref: (Shows setting text, but not getting text)
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib
> /html/_mfc_ctabctrl.3a3a.getitem.asp
> Thanks,
> dbgrpt.c -1

Thanks, but it's still not working.

It used to be 0xcdcdcdcd <The Bad Ptr>
now, it's 0x00000000 <The Bad Ptr>
It doesn't seem to be getting the Address of the string.

I can set the text with no problems.
I wonder if it has something to do with the Mask?
tcItem.mask = TCIF_TEXT;

Thanks,
"Lin Justin" <Justin_Lin@ms95.url.com.tw> wrote in message
> Hello Computer,
>
>     I remember that I had ever encountered this problem. I guess you must
> clear the TCITEM before using it. For example,
>
>     TCITEM tcItem;
>     ZeroMemory( &tcItem, sizeof( tcItem ) );
>
>     Hope this does help.
>
> Justin
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a Tab Control with Tabs.
>>
>> I'm trying to get the Tab Text.
>>
>> I can get the tab and set the text no problem.
>> But, when I try to read the text,  pszText is alway's a <Bad Ptr>
>> If I immediately get the Item after I set the Item, It shows the Text.
>>
>> //Initially setting Tab Text.
>> TCITEM tcItem;
>> tcItem.mask = TCIF_TEXT;
>> tcItem.pszText = String.GetBuffer();
>> String.ReleaseBuffer(); //I don't think this matters. It fails both
>> with
>> and without.
>> c_TabCtrl.InsertItem(c_TabCtrl.GetItemCount(), &tcItem);
>> //Trying to get Tab Text
>> TCITEM tcItem;
>> tcItem.mask = TCIF_TEXT;
>> nSel = c_TabCtrl.GetCurSel();
>> c_TabCtrl.GetItem(nSel, &tcItem); //Always a <Bad Ptr>
>> String = "Hello";
>> tcItem.pszText = String.GetBuffer();
>> c_TabCtrl.SetItem(nSel, &tcItem);  // Changes Tab Text.
>> c_TabCtrl.GetItem(nSel, &tcItem); // This works. Immediately After
>> Setting Text.
>> Ref: (Shows setting text, but not getting text)
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib
>> /html/_mfc_ctabctrl.3a3a.getitem.asp
>> Thanks,
>> dbgrpt.c -1.

0
chollan2 (126)
11/15/2005 12:14:06 PM
There is not enough of your code here to tell for sure, but are you setting
the size of the buffer:

cchTextMax

Could be that is 0 so it doesn't retrieve anything.  I don't see you setting
that here.  I'm guessing it is set for you when you set it?

Tom

"Computer" <chollan2@san.rr.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a Tab Control with Tabs.
>
> I'm trying to get the Tab Text.
>
> I can get the tab and set the text no problem.
> But, when I try to read the text,  pszText is alway's a <Bad Ptr>
>
> If I immediately get the Item after I set the Item, It shows the Text.
>
> //Initially setting Tab Text.
> TCITEM tcItem;
> tcItem.mask = TCIF_TEXT;
> tcItem.pszText = String.GetBuffer();
> String.ReleaseBuffer(); //I don't think this matters. It fails both with
> and without.
> c_TabCtrl.InsertItem(c_TabCtrl.GetItemCount(), &tcItem);
>

> //Trying to get Tab Text
>   TCITEM tcItem;
>   tcItem.mask = TCIF_TEXT;
>   nSel = c_TabCtrl.GetCurSel();
>   c_TabCtrl.GetItem(nSel, &tcItem); //Always a <Bad Ptr>
>   String = "Hello";
>   tcItem.pszText = String.GetBuffer();
>   c_TabCtrl.SetItem(nSel, &tcItem);  // Changes Tab Text.
>   c_TabCtrl.GetItem(nSel, &tcItem); // This works. Immediately After
> Setting Text.
>
> Ref: (Shows setting text, but not getting text)
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/_mfc_ctabctrl.3a3a.getitem.asp
>
> Thanks,
> dbgrpt.c -1.

tserface (3861)
11/15/2005 3:44:39 PM
Tom,

> There is not enough of your code here to tell for sure, but are you
> setting the size of the buffer:
The String Buffer really doesn't matter for now.
I can simply look at the "Watch" or "Locals" window to the see the address
of lpszText and  what the value  is.
In my case, it is always 0xcdcdcdcd <Bad Ptr>

Thanks anyways,

0
chollan2 (126)
11/15/2005 9:18:48 PM
FWIW, that is the value that the debug mode puts in variables when they are
deleted so perhaps you are deleting this somewhere, or perhaps the control
deletes if the lenth is set to 0 ;o)

> Tom,
>
>> There is not enough of your code here to tell for sure, but are you
>> setting the size of the buffer:
> The String Buffer really doesn't matter for now.
> I can simply look at the "Watch" or "Locals" window to the see the address
> of lpszText and  what the value  is.
> In my case, it is always 0xcdcdcdcd <Bad Ptr>
>
> Thanks anyways,

0
tserface (3861)
11/15/2005 9:29:04 PM
> FWIW, that is the value that the debug mode puts in variables when they
> are deleted so perhaps you are deleting this somewhere, or perhaps the
> control deletes if the lenth is set to 0 ;o)

It's not getting deleted. The Tab text is still there if I don't set it to
something.
I could set it to something if I want and it does indeed work.
I just can't get the text of the tab.

I wish this example would show getting the text, changing the text, then
setting the text.
I don't know, maybe it just doesn't work.

Ref: (Shows setting text, but not getting text)
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/_mfc_ctabctrl.3a3a.getitem.asp

Thanks,

0
chollan2 (126)
11/15/2005 9:47:37 PM
That coudl be, however, I'm not saying the tab got deleted :o)  It would be
the memory pointed to by the text variable that would be deleted and thus
invalidated.  I don't know who is doing it.

You could try setting the buffer length before doing the call and see if
that makes a difference.

>> FWIW, that is the value that the debug mode puts in variables when they
>> are deleted so perhaps you are deleting this somewhere, or perhaps the
>> control deletes if the lenth is set to 0 ;o)
>
> It's not getting deleted. The Tab text is still there if I don't set it to
> something.
> I could set it to something if I want and it does indeed work.
> I just can't get the text of the tab.
>
> I wish this example would show getting the text, changing the text, then
> setting the text.
> I don't know, maybe it just doesn't work.
>
> Ref: (Shows setting text, but not getting text)
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/_mfc_ctabctrl.3a3a.getitem.asp
>
> Thanks,

0
tserface (3861)
11/15/2005 10:30:54 PM
I tried tcItem.pszText = "Hello World";
Still <Bad Ptr>

I am starting to understand the SetBuffer() and ReleaseBuffer() methods.

Doing this, there is no need to release Buffer.
tcItem.pszText = String.GetBuffer();
It is not allocating any memory, just copying the characters in the buffer.

On the other hand, doing something like this requires releasing buffer.
GetCurrentDirectory(1000, String.GetBuffer(1000));
String.ReleaseBuffer();

If the directory is only C:\
The Buffer chops off 997 characters, or so.
Wherever the NULL terminator is.

I did actually try this just for grins.
CString* ptr = new CString("Hello World")
tcItem.pszText = ptr->GetBuffer();
Still <Bad Ptr>

I guess it's not that important anymore.
I am showing a menu on tab RClick.
It would have been nice to show the Tab Text on the Top or the Pop-up Menu,
but skip it for now. It works without it.

Dang Tabs anyways.
Maybe you can help me with this minor detail.
Another thing that is irking me.
The ToolTips don't work for the first tab.
I think there is a 1 or 0 confusion.
Tabs start at 0, but ToolTips start at 1.
It confuses me alot. So, I understand.

Thanks,
"Tom Serface" <tserface@msn.com> wrote in message
> That coudl be, however, I'm not saying the tab got deleted :o)  It would
> be the memory pointed to by the text variable that would be deleted and
> thus invalidated.  I don't know who is doing it.
>
> You could try setting the buffer length before doing the call and see if
> that makes a difference.
>
> Tom
>
> "Computer" <chollan2@san.rr.com> wrote in message
>>> FWIW, that is the value that the debug mode puts in variables when they
>>> are deleted so perhaps you are deleting this somewhere, or perhaps the
>>> control deletes if the lenth is set to 0 ;o)
>>
>> It's not getting deleted. The Tab text is still there if I don't set it
>> to something.
>> I could set it to something if I want and it does indeed work.
>> I just can't get the text of the tab.
>>
>> I wish this example would show getting the text, changing the text, then
>> setting the text.
>> I don't know, maybe it just doesn't work.
>>
>> Ref: (Shows setting text, but not getting text)
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/_mfc_ctabctrl.3a3a.getitem.asp
>>
>> Thanks,

0
chollan2 (126)
11/15/2005 10:57:57 PM
I've never done this before (I use the tab control from Xtreme Tool kit
www.codejock.com), but this article might be interesting to you.  It talks
about solving the problem with using tooltips with tab control:

http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/controls/tabcontrols/article.php/c6385/

>I tried tcItem.pszText = "Hello World";
> Still <Bad Ptr>
>
> I am starting to understand the SetBuffer() and ReleaseBuffer() methods.

0
tserface (3861)
11/15/2005 11:27:23 PM
I figured it out.

Most of the Time, you can just have some structure and pass it to the method
by Address.
and receive the data. That is what I had originally thought.
You actually have to send the Strings Buffer Address when passing the
Structure so it can fill it.

//The Wrong Way.
TCITEM tcItem;
tcItem.mask = TCIF_TEXT;
GetItem(&tcItem)
String = tcItem.pszText;

//The Right Way
 ZeroMemory( &tcItem, sizeof( tcItem ) );   //Thanks Lin
 tcItem.cchTextMax = 255; //Setting the number of characters to recieve
 tcItem.mask = TCIF_TEXT;
 tcItem.pszText = String.GetBuffer(255);  //Allocating the memory
GetItem(&tcItem);
String.ReleaseBuffer(); //Releasing extra memory that is not needed.

//This one was giving me trouble too.

//The Wrong Way
TBBUTTONINFO lpTbButtonInfo;
lpTbButtonInfo.fsState = TBIF_STATE;

//The Right Way
TBBUTTONINFO lpTbButtonInfo;
lpTbButtonInfo.fsState = TBIF_STATE;
lpTbButtonInfo.cbSize = sizeof(lpTbButtonInfo);  //Have to actually set the
size before using it.

Just have to remember these little things.

Regards,

0
chollan2 (126)
11/16/2005 5:44:22 AM
That's great news.  I thought you were passing the buffer for the variable
and just not the length of the string.

Glad you worked it out.

>I figured it out.
>
> Most of the Time, you can just have some structure and pass it to the
> method by Address.
> and receive the data. That is what I had originally thought.
> You actually have to send the Strings Buffer Address when passing the
> Structure so it can fill it.
>
> //The Wrong Way.
> TCITEM tcItem;
> tcItem.mask = TCIF_TEXT;
> GetItem(&tcItem)
> String = tcItem.pszText;
>
> //The Right Way
> ZeroMemory( &tcItem, sizeof( tcItem ) );   //Thanks Lin
> tcItem.cchTextMax = 255; //Setting the number of characters to recieve
> tcItem.mask = TCIF_TEXT;
> tcItem.pszText = String.GetBuffer(255);  //Allocating the memory
> GetItem(&tcItem);
> String.ReleaseBuffer(); //Releasing extra memory that is not needed.
>
> //This one was giving me trouble too.
>
> //The Wrong Way
> TBBUTTONINFO lpTbButtonInfo;
> lpTbButtonInfo.fsState = TBIF_STATE;
>
> //The Right Way
> TBBUTTONINFO lpTbButtonInfo;
> lpTbButtonInfo.fsState = TBIF_STATE;
> lpTbButtonInfo.cbSize = sizeof(lpTbButtonInfo);  //Have to actually set
> the size before using it.
>
> Just have to remember these little things.
>
> Regards,

0
tserface (3861)

Getting Chart Point info
Hi - I am building a "drill down" chart. When you click on one of the points of the chart, it takes you to anohter chart based on the informaiton on the point. I am using the MouseUp event and I have the Arg1 and Arg2 data. What I don't have is the actual "name" of the point. If you mouse over the point it will tell you the "name" of the series and the "name" of the point. How do I get this "name"? Arg2 simply tells me which point (1,2,3,4 etc.) in the series. I need the name. thanks Lizzard ...

add number to existing text numbers
I have 2000 columns with accounting type text numbers in each cell, i.e. 0345999, 058956, ect. I want to add an "0" in front of each account number. Anyone know how to do this withount going into each cell and doing it by hand? Hi one way: use a helper column with the formula ="0" & A1 copy this down for all rows, copy this column and insert it with 'Edit - Paste Special - Values' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Stacy wrote: > I have 2000 columns with accounting type text numbers in > each cell, i.e. 0345999, 058956, ect. > > I wan...

Formatting tabs for pages and subpages
Is there a way to format the appearance of the tabs for pages and subpages? I'd like to use specific colors for different pages and groups. Also, is there a way to increase the size of the tabs either horizontally or vertically to accommodate a longer, more descriptive label. On 19/02/2010 2:29 AM, hmbsport wrote: > Is there a way to format the appearance of the tabs for pages and subpages? > I'd like to use specific colors for different pages and groups. Unfortunately, no. Also, is > there a way to increase the size of the tabs either horizontally or > ...

Tab Control flicker problem
Hello. I have a tabcontrol that has four dialogs added to it at runtime. I have overridden OnEraseBackground(returning true) and I am drawing to a memdc in OnPaint. The problem is that when clicking from tab to tab there is still a flicker when one dialog dissapears and the new one appears ..Is there something I am missing.... Dominic Who's OnEraseBackground are you overriding? the dialogs or the tabctrl. Who is the parent of the dialogs, if the parent of the dialogs is not the tab, then pass the pointer to the tab ctrl to the child dialog as the parent window, that should solve your p...

CMFCPropertyGridCtrl
Hi All, I have an MFC application with a TreeView and a CDockablePane Properties Window. When I select a tree item - I display its properties in the properties window. That works. But I don't know how to change the tree item properties when I change the values in the properties window. My problem is in getting the values from the properties grid. I tried to override EndEditItem method like this: BOOL CMyMFCPropertyGridCtrl::EndEditItem(BOOL bUpdateData) { CMFCPropertyGridProperty* currProperty = GetCurSel(); if(currProperty) { //I don't like this implementa...

student language tools tab in word 2007
Hi, My niece uses office home and student 2007 (especially word) at school and it is also installed at home on the pc...but she says that there is tab that is missing from the home pc, it is student language tools which shows all the french accents, so when she types a word that requires an accent she clicks on it and the accent automatically goes into the word...does anybody know where to enable this? My guess is that this is provided by an add-in or other customization on the school system. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama...

Example of use WM_PRINTCLIENT and getting bitmap from invisible wnd
Hi, I had take a look to other post about this argoument, but I can't bitBlit ( or something similar ) the content of a window into another when the first is partially or completly invisible. I've succesfully grab the WM_PRINTCLIENT message in this way: ........... //{{AFX_MSG(CTest_Dlg) virtual BOOL OnInitDialog(); afx_msg LRESULT OnPrintClient(WPARAM wParam,LPARAM lParam); DECLARE_EVENTSINK_MAP() //}}AFX_MSG ................. .......... LRESULT CTest_Dlg::OnPrintClient(WPARAM wParam,LPARAM lParam) { HDC const hDC =(HDC) wParam; CDC *const pDC = CDC::FromH...

Counting Text Cells #2
Hi Guys, How can I determine the most common occurence of a word in a lis formatted as text in Column A. I would like a function that simpl returns the word that occurs the most to appear in cell D1. Also, i there are two words that occur the same number of times in this list, would like both words to be shown (one in D1, one in D2). Any suggestions? Thanks, Be -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi to get the most frequent text entry try the following array formula (entered with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER): =INDEX($B$1:$B$20,MODE(MATCH(IF($B$1:$B$20<>"",$B$1:$B$...

How do I display a text message when a cell has a certain value??
Hi, I have a cell where if the cell is empty (A1=0), then I would like the cell to display "Enter your value here." Otherwise, I would like the cell to display the value a person enters. I have tried using an if/then/else statement and, understandably, I get a circular reference error: =IF(A1=0,"Enter your value here",A1) Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks! Why not just enter the text itself? The value entered by the user will displace (replace) it. This should work if the form is a template. -- HTH, RD ===================================================...

Replace Option Group Value from form with text in report header
Hi all, Question: How can I convert the numerical option group value from a form to a string value and place it in the control source of a textbox in a report header? I have a form used to 'build' reports: users choose a query, a report, and then the rest of the controls on the form are used to build a 'where' clause for the DoCmd.OpenReports statement attached to a command button which opens the report based on all the user's choices. I've tried creating a variable on the report in the declarations area and then using a select case statement in the 'open&...

Adding text to a vlookup cell
Can a cell be edited if the contents are the result of a vlookup function and still keep the rseults? I have 2003 on an XP Pro PC. My formula is =IF(A4<>"",VLOOKUP(A4,InvDetail!$A$2:$B$3000,2,FALSE),"") I trying to create an availability list for our customers but need to add comments to the end of some items. I know I can add another column but the customers are used to the comment being after the item description and space on the page is limited. Thanks, Lee Coleman If you're talking about entering comments manually, then you'd need to concatenate th...

When mail merge, I get this error, Pubmerge "out of memory"
I am trying to mail merge and I get the error Pubmerge "out of memory" I am using publisher 97 and Excel 2002 Save the data as a CSV (comma delimited), could be a solution. Are your MDAC components current? PUB97: How to Obtain Publisher 97 Knowledge Base HTML Help File http://support.microsoft.com/kb/185798/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "r5j4g" <r5j4g@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC339DE0-5122-4FBB-AD03-C6941B3E22A0@microsoft.com... >I am trying to mail me...

Return Text based upon text matching
I have two separate worksheets Worksheet A COLUMNA COLUMNB Insurance Company Name Maketer NAME Aetna John Smith BCBC Mary Doolittle Abbington Mike Doe Worksheet B COLUMNA COLUMNH Insurance Company Name Marketer Name Aetna BCBC Abbington I need the Marketer Name to show up in Colu...

Why do I keep getting repeated copies of the same incoming email
I have just upgraded to Outlook '03 and I have received 4 or 5 new separate emails, but have received numerous copies of each one - 310 copies at last count. Does anyone know why this is happening? On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 04:41:03 -1000, tcav80 <tcav80@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have just upgraded to Outlook '03 and I have received 4 or 5 new > separate > emails, but have received numerous copies of each one - 310 copies at > last > count. Does anyone know why this is happening? Do you have rules set up that make copies? What anti-virus software ...

Just register get US100
http://www.wealthtoolbox.com/?ref=ismailpj@streamyx.com ...

Cannot get mail to open on every try
I am currenty using version 2009 (Build 14.0.8064.0206) If I do not open in certain order, 1) mail 2) web browser and close in the same order the next time I try to open mail nothing happens and I have to restart the computer. Can anyone help with suggestions??? You need to update to 14.0.8089.0726 There is a known bug in your version where WLM does not always completely shutdown. That prevents it from starting again because its still running. This problem is fixed in the latest version available here: http://download.live.com -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us ...

CODE: get current dir of MDB file
I will be posting a few short snippets of code. Many of you coders already know these, but they should benefit other people as well. Here is code to find the current directory of the MDB file you currently have open. This is useful for saving output files (like report PDFS, text files, etc) to the same dir as your MDB file. It returns the current directory with a trailing backslash. Function CurrentDBDir() As String Dim strDBPath As String Dim strDBFile As String strDBPath = CurrentDb.Name strDBFile = Dir(strDBPath) CurrentDBDir = Left(strDBPath, Len(strDBPath) - Len(strDBFile)) End...

Getting 552 Requested mail action aborted: (from one user on Hotmail)
I have a home user that is using a Hotmail account to communicate with our company. She can email us perfectly fine when she composes a new message...however, when she attempts to reply to a message sent from us, she is getting back and undeliverable message as follows: name@domain.com SMTP error from remote mailer after end of data: host mail.domain.com [xx.x.xxx.xx]: 552 Requested mail action aborted: exceeded storage allocation She gets this message even with no attachements. The host domain name and IP address are both correct as well as the email address (obviously since...

Disable Copy & Paste files but not text for Windows Server 2008 R2
I have a windows server 2008 r2 and am running remote desktop services. I want to disable cut/paste of files via clipboard/clipbook, while at the same time enabling cut/paste of text via clipboard/clipbook. This is working in earlier version of Windows. Any suggestion is much appreciated. -- Hannkwang ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hannkwang's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/199146.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-server-help/1319418.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

How how do I get a ligature tie bar below two characters? Help
The unicode character is 035C. I am using Word 2007 with Windows XP. When I type the character between the two letters, select it, and key in ALT x, I get the box that indicates a missing symbol. I can't find the symbol in the Arial Unicode MS set under IPA extensions, yet it is an IPA symbol and it does have a unicode character. Is there any way to make this work? (If this appears twice, forgive me. I am new to this discussion and am having some difficulty posting.) On Nov 15, 5:10=A0pm, Pamela Case <PamelaC...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > The unicode chara...

Exchange 2003
Does Exchange 2003 finally address a major shortcoming of 2000 in that mail inbound that isn't resolved (bad address or whatever the case may be) cannot be forwarded to a specific mailbox? I am currently using 2000 and the hack/workaround with a VB COM component and second virtual server... I would like to upgrade to 2003 but I need to know if I this issue has been fixed. Thanks -- russ "Russ Bishop" <nowhere> wrote in message news:eQUSPPRtDHA.2136@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Does Exchange 2003 finally address a major shortcoming of 2000 in that mail > inbound that...

Get Window Pixel
Hello: I have a pixel on the screen that I'm trying to obtain the color. The pixel is found in a static control, which is a class derived from CStatic. class CReflectColorWnd : public CStatic I've tried many ways to obtain the pixel, but I cannot attain the COLORREF of the pixel. I'm wondering if anyone would be kind enough to assist me. I've tried the following in the paint handler. void CReflectColorWnd::OnPaint() { CStatic::OnPaint(); // Call original paint CClientDC dc(this); CBitmap bm; bm.CreateCompatibleBitmap(&dc, 100, 100); CDC memDC; memDC...

Subtract MM/DD/YYYY and get # months
I have a vacation earning chart where employees earn xx hours per pay period. When they have worked over xx months, they earn yy hours per pay period. I need a way to subtract their start date from the currend end-of-pay-period date to see where they fall in the leave earning chart - the catch is the answer has to be in months. I'm using Excel 2003. Any ideas? TIA, Carole O =DATEDIF(start_date,end_date,"m") will give you the number of months between start_date and end_date -- Regards, Dave <!-- "Carole O" wrote: > I have a vacation earning chart ...

Opening XLS file directly and getting params
All, I am working on a .NET application sued to "index" our many (+300) Excel 2000 reports. The users log in and get a list of reports that they are allowed to run. When they click on the "link", the app starts the appropriate spreadsheet. We are current doing this by running: Excel.exe "FILENAME" /e/PARAMETERS As you can see above, we are sending params (in this case, a connect string) into the spreadsheet (not my design, I inherited it...) and using some API calls that were found here to read the command line. This is working correctly, However, one of our...

Curved Text
I want to use either Publisher or Word to create curved text. The first part of my text is to curve downwards, as if it was sitting on a invisible circle. The second part of the text is to curve upwards, as if it was also sitting on a invisible circle. I looked in the index at the back of the large 1,583- page "Inside Out" manual and cannot locate the instructions. Did the programmers forget to include this function when they designed the program? In Publisher 2000 you would use Word Art (the Big red W blue A on the left side of the screen). After creating your text cha...