getting rid of linking errors...

hello every1,

I am new to VC++. I have assignement in which i am trying to port VC 6
code to VC 2005. Although I removed some of the common errors, I am
getting some linking errors while building the sol'n.
These are as follows:

LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'MSVCRT' conflicts with use of other
libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library

USBInfo.lib(USBInfoInterface.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external
symbol "__declspec(dllimport) private: void __thiscall
std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class
std::allocator<char> >::_Copy(unsigned int)"
(__imp_?_Copy@?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@AAEXI@Z)
referenced in function "public: __thiscall
CUSBInfoInterface::CUSBInfoInterface(void)"
(??0CUSBInfoInterface@@QAE@XZ)

USBInfo.lib(USBInfo.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) private: void __thiscall
std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class
std::allocator<char> >::_Copy(unsigned int)"
(__imp_?_Copy@?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@AAEXI@Z)

what should be done to remove these errors..
plz help me

Thx in advance!

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Your USBInfo lib might be compiled against the old runtime.

<sachin.sawant123@gmail.com> wrote in message
> hello every1,
>
> I am new to VC++. I have assignement in which i am trying to port VC 6
> code to VC 2005. Although I removed some of the common errors, I am
> getting some linking errors while building the sol'n.
> These are as follows:
>
> LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'MSVCRT' conflicts with use of other
> libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
>
> USBInfo.lib(USBInfoInterface.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external
> symbol "__declspec(dllimport) private: void __thiscall
> std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class
> std::allocator<char> >::_Copy(unsigned int)"
> (__imp_?_Copy@?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@AAEXI@Z)
> referenced in function "public: __thiscall
> CUSBInfoInterface::CUSBInfoInterface(void)"
> (??0CUSBInfoInterface@@QAE@XZ)
>
> USBInfo.lib(USBInfo.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> "__declspec(dllimport) private: void __thiscall
> std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class
> std::allocator<char> >::_Copy(unsigned int)"
> (__imp_?_Copy@?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@AAEXI@Z)
> ..
>
> what should be done to remove these errors..
> plz help me
>
> Thx in advance!

0
junk2845 (48)

E-mail compression error and restore question
I hope this is the right place to ask this. I run Vista Home Premium and have Windows Home and Student. I use Windows mail. During a mail compression I got an error saying that the program was in use and an error had occurred. All of the e-mails were lost but there was some kind of automatic e-mail restoration. I was able to retreive what I needed from a restore e-mail folder. My question -- There are now a bunch of files in my trash bin relating to the restored e-mails. They showed up there by themselves. When I click on them they are listed as restored Windows Mail file...

getting a list of permissions on a folder
Hi all, using 2008r2 now. I need to get a list of users permissions by folder and subfolders. We have a shared folder called Public and under that is subfolders with many different folders and different permissions for each folder. Does 2008R2 have an easy way to list the permissions for a folder? I don't know how to use powershell so what else would be available to do this. Thanks in advance for your help on this. Sher "Sher" <Sher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7DB3CBA-0F8F-4143-BEAF-3A527EB0D102@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > u...

Excel 2003 Help Runtime Error
Trying to open help file on Templates and get 'Runtime Error - do you wish to debug?' Have you trying repairing or reinstalling Excel? On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 10:53:01 -0800, Weezay <Weezay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Trying to open help file on Templates and get 'Runtime Error - do you wish to >debug?' ...

HTMLView
Is it possible to use the html view so it just downloads the text of the page, but not the images etc? If so, how? Regards, /marcus ...

its me trying to get this email moving.
So,good morning .I'm hoping you receive this and, if you wouldn't mind, will you send one back ...

Open old money file, get communication error message
I had Money 2002 on my old computer. On my new computer with Vista, I downloaded the Trial of Money Plus Deluxe. It works fine, downloads from my bank. I transfered my back up file from Money 2002 and tried to open it and I get an error message; "a communication error occured. Please try your call again. If you continue to have problems call your financial institution's Onine Services Customer Support." Then when you click OK, Windows says, "Microsoft Money has stopped working" Then the program closes. In microsoft.public.money, TeamEldridge wrote: >I had Mon...

MVC2: linking from one area view to another area view
I am working on an MVC 2 app. I have 7 different areas in it which has a view that should be accessible from the home page (or anywhere else really). The links most likely will go in a sitemap and get put on the apps master page. Either way, How would I say link to Headlines/home/ from the apps master page? ...

Passport Login Error
It has been 3 weeks now and Microsoft has yet to provide any assistance. I have email Passport service several times and it seems they are not interested with helping me or anyone. Now that I have given Microsoft my money, they are done with me. I think it's time to go back to quickbooks and reccomend to others they not use Money at all. Error message indicated that my password is incorrect or passport name is incorrect. I have reinstalled 3 times, tried all other methods of fixing this problem including deltetion of cache, NO HELP. I suggest you phone MS Money support or take o...

Error in loading DLL
Greetings, Up until now, our Reports area in CRM has had no issues, but today, when trying to open any report we receive an "Error in loading DLL" message in the main window (below the "powered by crystal" image). Does anyone know how to fix this issue? I've already tried rebooting the server and restarting all of the Crystal services. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Michael Losapio TwinEngines, Inc ...

Outlook 2003
I've been using Outlook 2003 for years, but after miagrating to Vista, the following problem cropped up. When I try to send some emails in Outlook 2003, I get the following error message: Task 'Main-Sending' reported error(0x80070057) : 'Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid.' (note: "Main" is my primary pop3/SMTP server). My ISP says it's Microsoft's problem, not something at the server, and they have no idea. I searched the MS website, but did not get any hits on the error. It only affects *some* of the em...

Cyclic Redundancy Error
Just bought a new box and upgraded to Office 2003. I was singing the praises of MS particularly for the updates to Outlook when all of a sudden it crashed and burned. I've recovered from the blow out but still do not know what caused it. Thus I am moving slowly to make sure it does not happen again. Here is the process, symptoms, and "what I did." The new box is a Hp pavilion 367c, P-4 2.8HT running Office 2003. Also running NAV/PFW as well as Cloudmark SpamNet. Latest versions of each. Copied outlook.pst from old computer which was running Office 2000 With some creative proble...

Stock Count Error
Greetings, We have recently moved to GP 10, and have a stock count schedule that cannot be edited or deleted. Whenever the stock count is opened (either in the Stock Count Schedule window, or the Stock Count Entry window) the following message displays: "This stock count was created before multiple bins functionality was enabled. Do you want to continue and convert the stock count to use bins, or cancel?" This count was created after our GP 10 migration, and we have had multi-bins enabled since before version 9 so this is a little confusing. Can anyone suggest a method of...

CRM 3.0 install errors
Hi, Here's my issue: I have a CRM 3.0 deployment currently in production. I've been mandated with the task of upgrading it to CRM 4.0, so I have copied both CRM databases to a separate SQL Server. On a fresh install of Server 2003 (which has been joined to the same domain as the the production install), I have run the Redeployment Wizard, and that goes well. During the install process of CRM 3.0, I get the HRESULT error during the "CreateSetupUser" process. I've followed the instructions located here at this blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/ukcrm/archive/2005/12/14/503766.as...

Where to get Excel spreadsheet listing all GP tables for v10
Is this spreadsheet on the sdk? Is there a way to get it without installing the sdk? That is, from a download off MS site or PartnerSource or CustomerSource ? Thanks The spreadsheet is available from the DynamicAccounting.net site or via direct download at http://www.box.net/shared/jc90kdsh2k. I built it. It's a re-presentation of the information found in Tools- >Resource Descriptions->Tables in GP. There are version for GP 9 and GP 10 and I'll have one for GP 2010 once it is final. Mark On Feb 3, 2:01=A0pm, hdjim <hdji...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Is...

CRM for Outlook Error
Cannot get CRM for Outlook configured properly. During setup, we get the following errors: "The remote server name could not be resolved: 'dynamicsserver1' After hitting OK, the next error message we receive is: "Mandatory updates for Microsoft Dynamics CRM could not be applied successfully. Try running the application again". On the inside, the URL we (think) is correct is: http://dynamicsserver1:5555/xxxxxxxx/loader.aspx On the outside, the URL we (think) is correct is: http://mail.xxxxx.com:5555/xxxxx/loader.aspx Both work internally and externally when we go to t...

Exchange 5.5 IMS
The mailboxes within the DL are legacy and setup to autoforward to another domain. I get "host unreachable" within the IMS que. If type the FQDN to the external receipent it works fine. Does anyone have any ideas? Ive already ran isinteg & eseutil. Host unreachable indicated the IMS tried to find the host for user@abc.com but can't find the host. Run the Nslookup utility from the Exchange server and see what kind of records DNS is sending back to Exchange. A sample Nslookup can be found in the following article: 150114 XFOR: IMC Doesn't Appear to Use All Mail Exc...

Switchboard error
I have a macro that runs without gernerating an error message if i run it from the macro object list. If i run the same macro by using the switchboard I get an error message "there was an error executing the command" I get the same result either way except for the error message after going through the switchboard. Does someone have any Idea what I need to do? ...

Syntax Error in a SQL string
Can someone spot the syntax error in this SQL string? I tried, but could not see where it is. Thanks in advance, Paulo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Set qdfTemp = CurrentDb.CreateQueryDef("Current Orders Set", _ "SELECT IIf([Orders]![Status]='REC',[Orders]![DC Cims Week Actual],[Orders]![ETA to DC Cims Week]) " & _ "AS RelevantWeek, Sum(Orders.[Order Qty]) AS [SumOfOrder Qty], Sum(Orders.[Received Qty]) AS [SumOfReceived Qty], " & _ "Sum(IIf([Orders]![Channel]='WHOLESALE',IIf(...

Error: VC7 package not available or not registered
Hi, I have installed VS.NET 2003..However on starting it through Program Files, I get no error...But when I create a new Project error comes is "VC7 package not available or not registered" What this means ? Have I missed something...!! Thanks in advance. a.a.cpp ...

Virtual Memory Error Exchange
I had two server DELL Power Edge 2800, both have Windows Server 2003 SP1, the frist one has Exchange Server 2003 SP2 and 6 GB physical memory, the other one has SQL Server 2005 and 4 GB physical memory, I had a problem because my SQL Server was low of available memory, and I solved the problem uninstalling 2 GB physical memory from the exchange server and Installing to the SQL Server. I took this decisition because I have a third part SNMP software which I used to monitor the Memory Usage and I just used 2GB physical memory in Exchange Server and I had 4GB useless. In this moment I hav...

sheet cell linking?
Hello, I have sheet1 and sheet2. In sheet1 (A1) I need to write number 5. In sheet2 (A2) I need to write number 3. Then, when I enter number 3 in sheet2 (A2) it automaticly needs to correct number 5 from sheet1 to number 2 ( so it does 5-3=2). How can I do this? Thanks in advance. Insert the following worksheet event macro in the Sheet2 code area: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Set ws1 = Sheets("Sheet1") Set s1a1 = ws1.Range("A1") Set ws2 = Sheets("Sheet2") Set s2a2 = ws2.Range("A2") If Intersect(Target, s2a2) Is Nothing Then E...

Printer Error
Dears, I have encountered this problem while configuring an NCR 7167 Printer OPOS Driver, an error occurs stating that the printer maybe locked by another application. I'm using the NCR Retail Systems Manager, i have used this software to configure the line display and cash drawer OPOS drivers but the problem is with the printer only. Regards, -- Bisher Abu-Taleb RMS Functional Consultant Estarta Solutions Bisher, SO Manager | File | Configuration | Options tab | POS options | check Share the OPOS printer... -- = "Bisher" <Bisher@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Outlook 2000 when ran, gives error warning "Need outlook express
I have Windows Vista and Outlook 2000. Outlook 2000 runs, but on start up, always gives an error saying "Outlook need Outlook express 4.xx. Need to install IE 4set up" Problem is, I can't install any older version of IE since mine is 8+. Is there a way to install just the outlook express? Outlook 2000 is not (fully) compatible with Windows Vista. For Windows Vista you'll need Outlook 2003 or later. You may be able to get it to work when you configure Outlook 2000 to run in Corporate/Workgroup mode. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Mic...

Syntax error, permission violation, or other nonspecific error when preparing a procedure call
We are sometimes getting "Syntax error, permission violation, or other nonspecific error" when a stored procedure call is prepared. We are using the SQL Server Native Client OLE DB provider with MS SQL Server 2008 R2 on Windows Server 2003. The procedure call has one dynamic parameter because it is executed multiple times. This is the actual reason why it is prepared. Command: "EXEC P_MyProc 101, ?, 10, 0" In detail, ICommandPrepare::Prepare() is failing. Preparing the command seems to cause SQL Server to execute "exec [MyDB].[sys].sp_procedure_params...