getting a users and usergroups

Hi,
This isn't really a mfc question more a win32 question.
I've googled and search msdn but I havn't found any good information.
I need to (on w2k) make a list of users and usergroups on the domain.

any thoughts of what functions I should look in to?

thanks
/Niklas

0
no (445)
7/10/2003 12:33:39 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 17:32:04 +0200, Niklas Olsson wrote:

>But when I try to enum groups I get back "None" (with both NetGroupEnum and
>the NetQuery...)

You'd better post your code here (just the NetGroupEnum version) so we
can take a look. Just the function that sets up the structs and calls
NGE, but make sure to include the declaration and initialisation of
the data you're using.

--
Bob Moore [WinSDK MVP]
http://www.mooremvp.freeserve.co.uk/

Some poor slob installed Ubuntu. Needs to run line commands to get that piece of crap to work
I installed ubuntu 9.10 and it was rebooting just before the login screen. After really long search it turned out it's the video driver, I guess the one coming with ubuntu didn't like my card. I have integrated Radeon HD3200. What worked for me: 1. Select recovery mode from grub menu (in your case for 9.10 too) 2. In the first following screen select "root with networking" to have internet 3. Install video driver package EnvyNG with: sudo apt-get install envyng-core envyng-qt <==================== line commands to get sucky Ubuntu to work. Oops. 4. Run i...

How do I get a dialog box asking if I want to open a downloaded do
When I download a document, I would like a pop-up box to ask if I want to open the document. On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 18:02:01 -0800, Ron <Ron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I download a document, I would like a pop-up box to ask if I want to >open the document. It seems to me that would be a function of whatever program you're using to do the downloading. Is that Word? -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. ...

Kicking users out of database
I have a split database. There are times when I need to access the backend to make changes or additions, but often it is always open by a user. I am wondering if there is a way to have Access automatically close on the users pc after a set period of inactivity? Thanks, CEV Take a look at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/210297 (Don't worry if you're not using Access 2000: that approach works in all versions) -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "CEV" <chadv@advancebkg.com> wrote in message news:f2hlm80285c@enew...

New user dosn't show up in GAB
I have created a new user and wanted to setup his outlook. It did not accept his name. Then i checked the GAB and it's not listed. The new user is not invisible, and i could access his mailbox via OWA. We have recently upgraded to exchange 2003 but it's not in 2003 mode, it's still in 2000 2003 mix mode. The original server has been shutdown, it was a windows 2000 server DC with GC and it had exchange 2000 and all the mailboxes. This is the error from my event log. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9562 Date: 2/21/2005 Time: ...

How do I get rid of these weird lines?
Here is a pic: http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h126/majchan/weirdlines.jpg I can't select them, I can't delete them, all I can do is move them up or down a line. I tried copying my document into a new document, and the lines are copied with it. How do I get rid of them? I am using Word 2002. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CantGetRidOfLine.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "majean" <majean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E47F9E5-268D-49C5-88CA-D3F...

Get KSPROPERTY_BDA_NODE_DESCRIPTORS in a Filterdriver once
Hi i try to get the BDA Node discriptor in a device upperfilter for a BDA device. ksProperty.Set = KSPROPSETID_BdaTopology; ksProperty.Id = KSPROPERTY_BDA_NODE_DESCRIPTORS; ksProperty.Flags = KSPROPERTY_TYPE_GET; i test in FilterDispatchPnp after IRP_MN_START_DEVICE send Irp sync down -> crash STOP 0000007E after IRP_MJ_CREATE (send sync...) -> crash 7E now my problem is, i need this befor the first IRP_MJ_DEVICE_CONTROL comes in. is there any other suggestions for me BTW: it is posible to get the node discriptor from outer with the BDA driver stand alone! th...

AHHHH-Get Data from Multiple Excel workbooks
Dear All, I am going down real bad. 1 - I have many excel workbooks. Let's say around 30. 2 - Each workbook contains only 1 sheet or may in the future contain more sheets. 3 - Each sheet contains list of data with dynamic named ranges which expand as new data is entered. 4 - How do I create a query in Excel (MS query) from the Data > Import External Data > New Data Base Query command. 5 - I tried everything. Nothing works. I can not add a second excel workbook while I want to add as many workbboks as I want say 30. The Owner & Table > Add Table > Workbook options in MS...

How do you get changes in the HQ Db picked up by Worksheets
Many times we need to make large volume changes to products in our RMS databases (over 26000 SKUs). We use MS Access queries to make those changes. Right now those changes need to be made in HQ and each of the SO databases. I would like to be able to make them in the HQ Db only and have the RMS work sheet process propigate the changes to all the SO Dbs. I am assuming that the DBTimestamp is what is being used to determine what records need to be update or not. How do I update the timestamp using MS Access to make this happen? Thanks, TomT If you can represent the ...

Excel freezes after any user action...
Hi Guys, We are having a problem with Excel 2003 freezing when we try to print, or click on a cell etc...pretty much, whenever the user makes an action, Excel freezes... We have tried a reinstall, but that didnt help...any ideas at all are appreciated. Cheers, Chris Chris, There are all sorts of things that can go wrong. Try turning off your virus protection (many people have reported bad interactions) and also try the steps described on Chip Pearson's site: though it is specifically startup errors, the same steps apply when trying to figure out freezing up problems. http://www.cp...

How can I get the selected item number from a combo box?
How can I get the selected item number from a combo box. Say that combo has only two items: (Madam;Mister). If "Madam" is selected, I would like to get item number of Madam < it is zero in this example. Thank you You refer to the value via the name of the control. If it is multi-column, you append .column(number) to the name where number is 0 for the first column. -Dorian "mezzanine1974" wrote: > How can I get the selected item number from a combo box. Say that > combo has only two items: (Madam;Mister). > If "Madam" is selected, I would like to g...

GAL mail enabled user issue
Hello all, I'm running an Exchange Server 2000, with mostly Outlook 2000 clients. I seem to be having a problem getting the GAL to update properly. All the users I've added in the past 3 weeks don't show up. I've done a rebuild on both the Recipient Update Services, as well as the Default Offline Address List. If I right-click on either the Offline address book, or the Default GAL in Exchange System Manager, choose properties, and click the Preview button, the resulting list includes the users that are missing from the GAL in Outlook. I've checked the E...

Outlook 2000 to 2003 transfer user data
Hey there, I need to transfer the user files from a windows 98SE with Outlook 2000 to a newer XP Pro based P.C with Outlook 2003. What do I need to do? -- "You''re only as good as your last build". Answered here daily. The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010...

formula to get true average
Hi, I need a formula to achieve a average for some mutual funds I have purchased over a period of years. Column A contains the number of shares I have purchased and Column C contain the price per share and Column D contains the cost for these shares. For example column A2 contains 130.29 and Column C2 contains $18.30 and Column D2 contains $2,484.25. Each cell in Column A contains a different number of shares and likewise so does column C and D. I have 40 cells in Column A each with a different number of shares and Column C has 50 cells each with a different amount per share and Colum...

PhoneCall get from ID
Hi, how can I get in a phonecall entity the ID and the entitytype from the field "from"? Christian Hi Christian, Not sure in exactly what way you need it (means in client side scripting or in programming) Script: var lookupItem = new Array; lookupItem = null; lookupItem = crmForm.all.from.DataValue; // If there is data in the field, show it in a series of alerts. if (lookupItem[0] != null) { // The text value of the lookup. alert('name' + lookupItem[0].name); // The GUID of the lookup. alert('id' + lookupItem[0].id); // The ...

Registraion number not working for some users
Hi there, Two of my users cannot create a product registration number (Sales-Accounts-select product-Generate registration number) When you click the button the little window appears as it should but within it is a "Page cannot be displayed" message. Other users with the exact same permissions & assigned roles do not have this problem. I have installed the latest hotfix roll-up but this did not correct the error. Any help would be appreciated -Joseph Sounds like you are using a custom add-in or ISV integration. I would check with that vendor first... -- Matt Wittem...

New User Login error
We're running GP9.0 on SQL Server 2005. For our ODBC connection, we're already making use of SQL Native Client. As for the server name of the said odbc, we made use of the server instance name instead for the server IP. During user creation, the only option selected is enable password policy and the other checkboxes are unmarked - change password upon first login and expiry option. The problem is everytime a new user is created we get the message saying Unable to Login,Please contact your administrator. The only way that the user will be able to login is to change the password...

Adding the users name to a new list item
Is there a way to create a list so that when the logged in user creates a new item, it automatically insert's their user name into a column? I'm creating a time entry list, and don't want the users to have to type their name in every time they add a time record. The controller will review this list once a week and create reports based on the user, client, etc. Thanks in advance! Gavin Use the Created by column. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "Gavin Steiner" <gavin@interprom.com> wrote in mes...

Get the ID of a newly added record
I have a table that is being accessed through a class derived from MFC's CRecordSet. The table is actually implemented in Access and it's ID is an auto number field. After doing an AddNew to the table, how can the newly added row's ID be retrieved? In SQL server, I just would have created a stored procedure which would have added the row and returned the ID. obviously, I can't do that in Access. Any ideas? -- Richard Lewis Haggard Hi U�ytkownik "Richard Lewis Haggard" <HaggardAtWorldDotStdDotCom> napisa� w wiadomo�ci news:%23VlM$X1%23EHA.4092@TK2MSF...

hot to get + sign on positive nos
Dear all Need quick help. It is possible to get minus sign for negative nos. But HOW CAN I GET PLUS '+' SIGN FOR POSITIVE CALCULATION. E.G. SUBTRACT VALUE OF COL B FROM COL A and result should be +2 COL A COL B COL C 50 48 +2 if any body know how to do please reply soon. Regards Anoop -- anoop ------------------------------------------------------------------------ anoop's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3066 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=4847...

Money 2004 60-day version: Uninstall problem when a user is not an administrator
I want to report a bug in the 60-day version of Money 2004. Hopefully people in PSS or the product group read this newsgroup. I do not know the product ID for Money 2004, nor did the Assisted Support lookup tool list one for Money 2004, so I could not use Assisted Support. To repro: 1. Install Money 2004 60-day version on WinXP Pro using an account in the Administrators group. 2. Log on as another user that is not part of Administrators. Log off. 3. From the first account, uninstall Money 2004 using Add/Remove Programs. 4. Log on as the other non-admin user. Get a prompt from...

Can't get a value from a querry into a forms text box
I have a main Shippin Control table, and a main Shipping Control form with description of cargo and quantity text boxes. I have a querry which is a join of tblValues and tblShipping_Control. The SQL is below SELECT Shipping_Control.DescriptionofCargo, Shipping_Control.CargoQty, tblValues.Value, ([Shipping_Control].[CargoQty]*[tblValues].[Value]) AS CommercialValue, Shipping_Control.ShippingDate, Shipping_Control.ShipTo, Shipping_Control.ShipFrom, Shipping_Control.CollectionNoteNo, Shipping_Control.PackingListNo, Shipping_Control.ShipmentID, Shipping_Control.Customer FROM Ship...

delete user define setting
Hi I have previously entered a user defined chart in the custom types in Excel 2002, however, no loger use this and want to delete it in order to use the default setting when pressing "F11" how do i get rid of it? thank in advance Brian -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-chart/200701/1 Select a chart. Go to Chart menu > Chart Type > Custom Types tab. Click User Defined button, select Default under Chart Type, and click Delete button. This resets the default to the original (default) default chart type. - Jon ------- Jon P...

Cannot Get Updates
Thanks to anyone for any real help. I have a COMPAQ and as you are probably aware, Defender comes to be unable to get updates although I am prompted to do so. Last month, I had this problem and HP CHAT got me 'fixed' albeit over some 2 - 3 hours of back and forth. Yesterday, I had to attempt the same thing but this time the Rep was not as 'persistent.' Consequently, I am STILL unable to get Updates. More importantly, is there a FINAL soultion to this continuing problem? Using Reps is one thing but still at the end, I'd like to be able to handle...

getting all data about search subject
I have a client that had CRM installed on a server and migrated their ACT database over to it(i came into this on the tail end so i didn't set it up)--whenever they do an account lookup they want to get all the info surrounding that client--emails, images , past correspondances, invoices, quotes etc... they want all this in one click so to speak---in reading these posts two things popped out at me "searchpac 360" and"only the user can bring up what they own or produced" since this firm has several employees on the system all saving and sending info to and abou...

Multiple users
Just purchased our CRM package had a developer customize it. For phase II, we want to have our employees be able to enter their time into the system for payroll/service reporting purposes. Will we need to purchase a license for every employee even all they will be doing is entering in their time? Thanks for the assistance. On Nov 29, 1:36=A0pm, NewTechie <NewTec...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Just purchased our CRM package had a developer customize it. For phase II= , we > want to have our employees be able to enter their time into the system fo= r > payroll/service...