GetPrivateProfileSectionName won't work in VC++.NET 2002

How do I get GetPrivateProfileSectionName function to work in VC++.NET
2002?  It works fine in the 2003 version, but I can't get it to work in
the 2002 version which is what I use at home.

    Z.K.
0
nospam2791 (369)
7/21/2006 6:36:12 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Z.K. wrote:
> How do I get GetPrivateProfileSectionName function to work in VC++.NET
> 2002?  It works fine in the 2003 version, but I can't get it to work in
> the 2002 version which is what I use at home.
>
>    Z.K.

Oh, the error is that it is an undeclared identifier.  I am assuming I
need to include some header file, but I don't know which one though I
did see some references to a kernel32.dll.  How do I import this dll?

    Z.K.
0
nospam2791 (369)

29 Books and Tutorials for DotNET, C#, VB.NET and ASP.NET
Hi here is a list of 29 Books and Tutorials for DotNET, C#, VB.NET and ASP.NET. Download fast at http://free-tech-ebooks.blogspot.com/ ...

autoarchive stopped working and will not restart
This in on Outlook 2003 with SP1. Autoarchive was running fine but suddenly stopped working. The archive file is located on the user's local drive. The pst is only 1.6gb. The archive option to run on just 1 folder does not work either. On both of these it appears to run by watching the task bar info but it only creates a folder in the pst. No mail is moved and none is deleted from the exchange mailbox. I have created a new pst and tested but get the same results. ...

my e-mail dose not work in office 2007
i am trying to e-mail from office 2007 i have to icon but when i click on it nothing happens do i have to activate it "glo" <glo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D3ED581-F3ED-4C6A-9048-893EC1F57761@microsoft.com... >i am trying to e-mail from office 2007 i have to icon but when i click on >it > nothing happens do i have to activate it And your email client is? -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about, your OS, Service Pack level and the FULL contents of any error message(s) See if your mail p...

Locking a column. Excel, 2002.
I don't know if locking is the correct phraseology and perhaps that is why I can't find an answer. In column A are the numbers, 1, 2, 3, and so on and I want these numbers to remain stationary (they are the rank ordering) when I do a sort on another column (say H). -- Regards Ron Badour Select the range that you want to sort, but avoid column A. Then sort your data. If you let excel guess at the range, it'll think that you may want all the contiguous columns sorted. Personally, I would sort that column, too. But I'd fill it with a formula like: =row()-1 (headers...

working with northwind template
I am trying to use the northwind template and need to know how to edit the data that comes with the template to put in mine. I have been able to edit the logo and name on the forms but in, for example, the inventory list- I can't delete the products listed. There are some rules about deleting data. When there is a relationship between 2 tables, any child records in the child table must be deleted before the parent records can be deleted. When you try to delete inventory transactions in northwind, you get a message telling that you can't delete because there are related...

Comment Bug? Excel 2002
Using Excel 2002, I have a spreadsheet with many cells and comments. (lets say 400 rows and 10 columns, with commenst all over) I made 5 seperate groups (lets say rows 1-50, 53-103, 106-156, 160 - 210, etc.) When I expand a group, do some editing , add a comment or edit a comment, collapse the group, and come back to the cell later, sometimes the comment boxes for the cells are moved very far away, and their size is distorted (flattened to a thin line or squished to a single character wide). Is this a bug with the group function, when collapsing un collapsing data? Is there some option I c...

Outlook 2002 #118
I have outlook 2002 installed on my computer and already I am getting frustrated with its performance. outlook stops responding from time to time and when this happens it freezes up the entire computer for about 30 secs or so and I can't work with other applications. Seems like it is doing some kind of background synchronization. Is this part of the new features in Outlook 2002? if it is, is there a way of turning off this feature? This does not happen in outlook 2000. Please if anyone else is experiencing this, your input will be highly appreciated. I am supposed to evalu...

Make Excel Work faster
I have a file, that is +- 200MB in size, and has +- 150 worksheets with 700 lines of formulaes in each worksheet. Problem is that when I update the one sheet where the lookup is, it takes about 10min to do the calculation. I am also running a PIV 3Ghz HT with 1gig RAM. How can I get Excel to perform faster? You could set calculation to Manual while entering the data and recalculate with F9. 10 minutes seems a bit long, but we don't know your formulas. Especially VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP are very sensitive for the 4th argument. For many tips about performance, especially lookups, check...

Excel 2003 - VBA
Does anyone have and idea how to create the date of the last day of the previous month? Craig Hi Craig =Dateserial(year(date), month(date), 0) HTH. Best wishes Harald "Craig Brandt" <brandtcraig@att.net> wrote in message news:yvVxk.22131$89.8111@nlpi069.nbdc.sbc.com... > Does anyone have and idea how to create the date of the last day of the > previous month? > > Craig > > =TODAY()-DAY(TODAY()) -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Craig Brandt" <brandtcraig@att.net> wrote in message news:yvVxk.22131$89.8111@nlpi069.nb...

Problems Getting a Field to Work in a New Mail Message form
I have Outlook 2000 SR-1 using IMO (Internet Mail Only - not Exchange Server). Does anyone know of a way to make sure the From: field appears in a new mail message? For reasons too lengthy to get into, it would be very helpful for me to see the From: field (with my default email address already filled in, of course) as well as they typical To:, CC: and Subject: fields when composing a new email. I did try to create a new form (Tools >Forms >Design a Form >Message) but when I used it, the default email address did not appear. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Sangrateo SangrateoATanonymo...

Can't e-mail from Word 2000 using Outlook 2002/XP
After "upgrading" Outlook 2000 SP-1 to Outlook 2002, I can't create a Word letter from within Outlook or send a file to a recipient from within Word. When I try to create a letter from within Outlook, I get the error "To use this feature you must install the version of Microsoft Word that matches the installed version of Microsoft Outlook". I've tried The Outlook 2002 "repair", and even uninstalled it and re-installed Outlook 2000 SP-1. In that configuration, the software worked fine. But when I "upgraded" again to Outlook 2002, it was br...

Exchange 2003/SP2 cant get SPF working
I am trying to test SPF in SP2 I have defined my SPF policy to reject mail that fails an SPF check I have a test domain that I have deliberately configured the SPF field to claim mail will only be generated from the wrong host. I have defined the SPF policy to reject mail that fails the SPF check and then gone to the default Virtual SMTP server (the only one defined) and turned on SPF filter for that connection. I stopped & started the SMTP server. I then use that domain to send a mail to the Exchange server (single server - ie not a front/back end setup). The mail should have ...

Error message in Outlook 2002
I receive the following error message when opening Outlook 2002 connected to an Exchange Server (2000). This has only begun after trying (unsuccessfully) to sync only my calendar with my new Palm. "Could not install the custom actions. A required action was not successful due to an unspecified error." I get this error twice before Outlook will open. Thanks fo rany help! ...

.net 3.0 on GP 7.5?
I need to know if the .net 3.0 framework will "break" GP 7.5. .net 3.0 is necessary for another application which will be running on the same machine. I cannot find an answer on Partnersource or various other resources that I've looked into. 7.5 is not supported by Microsoft anymore... Any insight would be much appreciated! Dear, You can export the data from the first company using SmartList, and use Integration Manager or Macro's to import the transactions into the other company, please let me know if you need any help in either ways. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daou...

Excel 2002 Day/Date format
For some reason on one of my computers, Excel won't allow the cell to be formatted to read "Day, Month Date, Year". The option doesn't exist under the Date category of the Format Cells command. Anyone have any ideas? Hi Have you tried using a Custom format? -- Andy. "The Kingfish" <KCKingfish@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:MGjke.4830$X92.1081@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net... > For some reason on one of my computers, Excel won't allow the cell to be > formatted to read "Day, Month Date, Year". > > The option doesn&...

WSHShell.SendKeys "{F5}"
I've been trying with every sample script I can find on the Net, but the double clicking the VBS just flashes the hourglass and then nothing. All these scripts can't be wrong. It just simply doesn't refresh the desktop. I'm doing the Outlook desktop icon thing and if this doesn't work i'm going to have to create the less desirable shortcut to .exe because if the icon isn't visible immediately then there's no point. Is there an .EXE utility, or some additional line in the VBS I need to add? I've tried two scripts that utilize the sendkeys fun...

This 1 weird tip works for flattening the belly 65767
www.fantastic-body.com Some of my greatest progress in life has come by listening to my elders. Wisdom often comes with age. Well in this case, fatloss wisdom comes with really, really... REALLY old age. I'm talking Fred Flintstone-age. But once I saw how it works, it made perfect sense to try it myself... .... and what do you know? Flatter stomach; less bodyfat; and better muscle tone. Even sleep improves. All from this 1 tip. There's a presentation you need to see: http://www.everyotherdaydiet.com/go/goodshape <-- Click-Here That will tell y...

Need a Key Finder that actually works
Hi All, I have been testing a utility called Key Finder. It is suppose to translate license numbers ( 1234-oem-567 ...) back to key numbers (YHK6S-I2889-...). Only one problem: it always gets them wrong. Any one know of a utility like this, only that gets the key numbers correct? Many thanks, -T On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 21:33:41 -0700, ToddAndMargo <ToddAndMargo@invalid.com> wrote: >Hi All, > >I have been testing a utility called Key Finder. It >is suppose to translate license numbers ( 1234-oem-567 ...) >back to key numbers (YHK6S-I2889-...). Only o...

MS chart control for VC++9 03-13-10
I am trying to use MSchart control in my Visual C++9, However, the MS chart control in not available in activex list!. I ve downloaded the MS chart control for APS. Net but I couldnt use it with my VC++ programs. Is there any clue? thanks On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 17:50:52 -0800, Azed <user@msgroups.net/> wrote: >I am trying to use MSchart control in my Visual C++9, However, the MS chart control in not available in activex list!. I ve downloaded the MS chart control for APS. Net but I couldnt use it with my VC++ programs. >Is there any clue? >thanks > >--- >frmsrcur...

how do I exit working offline I use outlook
mike <mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <nothing> Ask in the body of the message, not the subject. Click File and uncheck Work Offline. -- Brian Tillman ...

Is Hyperlinking available in Pub. 2002 or 2003
In Publisher 2000 you need to be in web mode to make a hyperlink. I'm writing a newsletter and want to stay in newsletter mode. Does version 2002 or 2003 address this problem, so I can make a hyperlink in regular Publisher newsletter mode? Thank you. John Schulte No - and if you think about it, it will make sense why not. (Kinda hard to click on a link that's on a piece of paper.) If you need links for an online version of the newsletter, you are probably creating a .pdf version of the newsletter. If that's the case, get Acrobat Standard. That's what I use for my onli...

How To Profile an ISAPI DLL in VC.NET?
Dear: with Visual C++ 6 I can do profiling for ISAPI DLL ,but i VC.NET i have no idear for how to do it? any idea? Regards ...

Conditional Formatting Not Working Consistently
One of our Excel users is applying conditional formatting on cells within a worksheet that are linked to other worksheets in the same file and he is getting inconsistent results i.e., sometimes it applies the formatting and other times it won't. He seems to have the problem primarily when he selects a range within a column and then applies the conditional formatting. The conditional formatting statement applied to cell C5 is: Formula is =$B$5-$C$5=0 then format as red and bold. He is concerned about the ability to rely on this feature working properly. Since he is our Accounting Man...

How to link database using vc?
Hello all: I want to program a code about database using vc,I want to put the database in the server and the application is put in the local PC.I want to know how to link the database,and how to link automatically with code? thanks Your question seems very general and far-reaching! I would suggest you start with using the MFC class CRecordset, which uses ODBC to connect using a Data Source Name (DSN) that is defined for your database. "Lee Tow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> wrote in message news:OQt4jlGoFHA.1204@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello all: > I want to program a co...