GetOpenFileName + Using own dialog template

Hi. I have a question: I am using the GetOpenFileName function to display the
Windows FileDialog. I want to use the EXPLORER functionality and therefore I
declared the flag OFN_EXPLORER in the OPENNAME-structure. Now here is the
problem: I want to use my own dialog-template instead of the
standard-file-open dialog. So i wrote my own template and set the attribute
templateName of the OPENNAME structur to my own template. Furthermore i
activated the flag OFN_ENABLETEMPLATE. But when I call the GetOpenFileName
function with these properties I get the errorcode CDERR_GENERALCODES and the
dialog is not displayed. Can anyone help? Thx cu chris
0
Chris6982 (632)
5/25/2007 12:02:00 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Take a look at:
http://www.codeguru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109195

--
If the message was helpful to you, please click "Yes", next to "Was this
post helpful to you?"

Regards,
Goldbach

"Chris" wrote:

> Hi. I have a question: I am using the GetOpenFileName function to display the
> Windows FileDialog. I want to use the EXPLORER functionality and therefore I
> declared the flag OFN_EXPLORER in the OPENNAME-structure. Now here is the
> problem: I want to use my own dialog-template instead of the
> standard-file-open dialog. So i wrote my own template and set the attribute
> templateName of the OPENNAME structur to my own template. Furthermore i
> activated the flag OFN_ENABLETEMPLATE. But when I call the GetOpenFileName
> function with these properties I get the errorcode CDERR_GENERALCODES and the
> dialog is not displayed. Can anyone help? Thx cu chris
0
Goldbach (11)
5/25/2007 12:34:00 PM
In the modern open-save dialog, what you provide as a template is not a complete
replacment to the existing template, but a *supplementary* template, which will be placed
on the existing dialog.  There are code examples for this in the MSDN.
					joe

On Fri, 25 May 2007 05:02:00 -0700, Chris <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi. I have a question: I am using the GetOpenFileName function to display the
>Windows FileDialog. I want to use the EXPLORER functionality and therefore I
>declared the flag OFN_EXPLORER in the OPENNAME-structure. Now here is the
>problem: I want to use my own dialog-template instead of the
>standard-file-open dialog. So i wrote my own template and set the attribute
>templateName of the OPENNAME structur to my own template. Furthermore i
>activated the flag OFN_ENABLETEMPLATE. But when I call the GetOpenFileName
>function with these properties I get the errorcode CDERR_GENERALCODES and the
>dialog is not displayed. Can anyone help? Thx cu chris
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)
5/25/2007 12:51:39 PM
Maybe this info will help you get started:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/195034

Tom

> Hi. I have a question: I am using the GetOpenFileName function to display
> the
> Windows FileDialog. I want to use the EXPLORER functionality and therefore
> declared the flag OFN_EXPLORER in the OPENNAME-structure. Now here is the
> problem: I want to use my own dialog-template instead of the
> standard-file-open dialog. So i wrote my own template and set the
> attribute
> templateName of the OPENNAME structur to my own template. Furthermore i
> activated the flag OFN_ENABLETEMPLATE. But when I call the GetOpenFileName
> function with these properties I get the errorcode CDERR_GENERALCODES and
> the
> dialog is not displayed. Can anyone help? Thx cu chris

0
tom.nospam (3240)
5/25/2007 2:43:39 PM
thx for your reply. i have another question: in my application I have an
online-language-switch option, where the user can switch between the
languages German, English and French. The idea is that i provide three
different templates, one for each language. So can i manipulate the buttons
of the modern file-open-dialog? I don't want to add new controls only
manipulate the existing one (setting correct language texts). Is this
possible? thx

"Joseph M. Newcomer" wrote:

> In the modern open-save dialog, what you provide as a template is not a complete
> replacment to the existing template, but a *supplementary* template, which will be placed
> on the existing dialog.  There are code examples for this in the MSDN.
> 					joe
>
> On Fri, 25 May 2007 05:02:00 -0700, Chris <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi. I have a question: I am using the GetOpenFileName function to display the
> >Windows FileDialog. I want to use the EXPLORER functionality and therefore I
> >declared the flag OFN_EXPLORER in the OPENNAME-structure. Now here is the
> >problem: I want to use my own dialog-template instead of the
> >standard-file-open dialog. So i wrote my own template and set the attribute
> >templateName of the OPENNAME structur to my own template. Furthermore i
> >activated the flag OFN_ENABLETEMPLATE. But when I call the GetOpenFileName
> >function with these properties I get the errorcode CDERR_GENERALCODES and the
> >dialog is not displayed. Can anyone help? Thx cu chris
> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
> email: newcomer@flounder.com
> Web: http://www.flounder.com

Chris6982 (632)
6/4/2007 7:00:01 AM
What do you do with the buttons?  SetThreadLocale?  If you do this, it is *supposed* to
actually switch the standard dialog for you, but I don't have the ability to see if this
is what really happens. This requires you have the appropriate language packs installed
for Windows, and I've not done that, so I can't offer advice.
					joe

On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 00:00:01 -0700, Chris <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>thx for your reply. i have another question: in my application I have an
>online-language-switch option, where the user can switch between the
>languages German, English and French. The idea is that i provide three
>different templates, one for each language. So can i manipulate the buttons
>of the modern file-open-dialog? I don't want to add new controls only
>manipulate the existing one (setting correct language texts). Is this
>possible? thx
>
>"Joseph M. Newcomer" wrote:
>
>> In the modern open-save dialog, what you provide as a template is not a complete
>> replacment to the existing template, but a *supplementary* template, which will be placed
>> on the existing dialog.  There are code examples for this in the MSDN.
>> 					joe
>>
>> On Fri, 25 May 2007 05:02:00 -0700, Chris <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi. I have a question: I am using the GetOpenFileName function to display the
>> >Windows FileDialog. I want to use the EXPLORER functionality and therefore I
>> >declared the flag OFN_EXPLORER in the OPENNAME-structure. Now here is the
>> >problem: I want to use my own dialog-template instead of the
>> >standard-file-open dialog. So i wrote my own template and set the attribute
>> >templateName of the OPENNAME structur to my own template. Furthermore i
>> >activated the flag OFN_ENABLETEMPLATE. But when I call the GetOpenFileName
>> >function with these properties I get the errorcode CDERR_GENERALCODES and the
>> >dialog is not displayed. Can anyone help? Thx cu chris
>> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
>> email: newcomer@flounder.com
>> Web: http://www.flounder.com

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)
6/4/2007 12:12:58 PM
E.g. when my application (which is written in java) runs with english then i
want to set english texts to the buttons and labels in the standard file
dialog and if german is selected then german texts are set. I use jni to give
the right texts to my own written dll where I open the native file dialog.
Therefore I need only the ability to manipulate the texts of the buttons and
labels of the standard file dialog. Any ideas how I can do this? cu chris

"Joseph M. Newcomer" wrote:

> What do you do with the buttons?  SetThreadLocale?  If you do this, it is *supposed* to
> actually switch the standard dialog for you, but I don't have the ability to see if this
> is what really happens. This requires you have the appropriate language packs installed
> for Windows, and I've not done that, so I can't offer advice.
> 					joe
>
> On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 00:00:01 -0700, Chris <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >thx for your reply. i have another question: in my application I have an
> >online-language-switch option, where the user can switch between the
> >languages German, English and French. The idea is that i provide three
> >different templates, one for each language. So can i manipulate the buttons
> >of the modern file-open-dialog? I don't want to add new controls only
> >manipulate the existing one (setting correct language texts). Is this
> >possible? thx
> >
> >"Joseph M. Newcomer" wrote:
> >
> >> In the modern open-save dialog, what you provide as a template is not a complete
> >> replacment to the existing template, but a *supplementary* template, which will be placed
> >> on the existing dialog.  There are code examples for this in the MSDN.
> >> 					joe

> >> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
> >> email: newcomer@flounder.com
> >> Web: http://www.flounder.com
> >> MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm
> >>
> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
> email: newcomer@flounder.com
> Web: http://www.flounder.com

Chris6982 (632)
6/4/2007 2:01:04 PM
Curious why you are posting a Java question in an MFC newsgroup...
				joe

On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 07:01:04 -0700, Chris <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>E.g. when my application (which is written in java) runs with english then i
>want to set english texts to the buttons and labels in the standard file
>dialog and if german is selected then german texts are set. I use jni to give
>the right texts to my own written dll where I open the native file dialog.
>Therefore I need only the ability to manipulate the texts of the buttons and
>labels of the standard file dialog. Any ideas how I can do this? cu chris
>
>"Joseph M. Newcomer" wrote:
>
>> What do you do with the buttons?  SetThreadLocale?  If you do this, it is *supposed* to
>> actually switch the standard dialog for you, but I don't have the ability to see if this
>> is what really happens. This requires you have the appropriate language packs installed
>> for Windows, and I've not done that, so I can't offer advice.
>> 					joe
>>
>> On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 00:00:01 -0700, Chris <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >thx for your reply. i have another question: in my application I have an
>> >online-language-switch option, where the user can switch between the
>> >languages German, English and French. The idea is that i provide three
>> >different templates, one for each language. So can i manipulate the buttons
>> >of the modern file-open-dialog? I don't want to add new controls only
>> >manipulate the existing one (setting correct language texts). Is this
>> >possible? thx

>> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
>> email: newcomer@flounder.com
>> Web: http://www.flounder.com

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)
6/5/2007 12:47:16 AM
Because I want to use the native file open dialog, because the implementation
of the java file dialog has a bad performance. Therefore I want to use the
native dialog because he is very fast. Have you any idea for my problem?

"Joseph M. Newcomer" wrote:

> Curious why you are posting a Java question in an MFC newsgroup...
> 				joe
>
> On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 07:01:04 -0700, Chris <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >E.g. when my application (which is written in java) runs with english then i
> >want to set english texts to the buttons and labels in the standard file
> >dialog and if german is selected then german texts are set. I use jni to give
> >the right texts to my own written dll where I open the native file dialog.
> >Therefore I need only the ability to manipulate the texts of the buttons and
> >labels of the standard file dialog. Any ideas how I can do this? cu chris
> >
> >"Joseph M. Newcomer" wrote:
> >
> >> What do you do with the buttons?  SetThreadLocale?  If you do this, it is *supposed* to
> >> actually switch the standard dialog for you, but I don't have the ability to see if this
> >> is what really happens. This requires you have the appropriate language packs installed
> >> for Windows, and I've not done that, so I can't offer advice.
> >> 					joe

> >> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
> >> email: newcomer@flounder.com
> >> Web: http://www.flounder.com
> >> MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm
> >>
> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
> email: newcomer@flounder.com
> Web: http://www.flounder.com

Chris6982 (632)
6/5/2007 5:59:01 AM
Chris wrote:
> Because I want to use the native file open dialog, because the implementation
> of the java file dialog has a bad performance. Therefore I want to use the
> native dialog because he is very fast. Have you any idea for my problem?

Chris:

If you look at the standard file dialog template you will find out the
ID's of the controls. Then (in MFC) you can use GetParent(),
GetDlgItem() and SetWindowText() to change the text of the controls.

Does this work?

--
David Wilkinson
Visual C++ MVP

On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 22:59:01 -0700, Chris <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Because I want to use the native file open dialog, because the implementation
>of the java file dialog has a bad performance. Therefore I want to use the
>native dialog because he is very fast. Have you any idea for my problem?
>
>"Joseph M. Newcomer" wrote:
>
>> Curious why you are posting a Java question in an MFC newsgroup...
>> 				joe
>>
>> On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 07:01:04 -0700, Chris <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >E.g. when my application (which is written in java) runs with english then i
>> >want to set english texts to the buttons and labels in the standard file
>> >dialog and if german is selected then german texts are set. I use jni to give
>> >the right texts to my own written dll where I open the native file dialog.
>> >Therefore I need only the ability to manipulate the texts of the buttons and
>> >labels of the standard file dialog. Any ideas how I can do this? cu chris

>> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
>> email: newcomer@flounder.com
>> Web: http://www.flounder.com

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)
6/5/2007 6:34:08 PM
Yes that works fine.
Thx for all your replies. CU chris

"David Wilkinson" wrote:

> Chris wrote:
> > Because I want to use the native file open dialog, because the implementation
> > of the java file dialog has a bad performance. Therefore I want to use the
> > native dialog because he is very fast. Have you any idea for my problem?
>
> Chris:
>
> If you look at the standard file dialog template you will find out the
> ID's of the controls. Then (in MFC) you can use GetParent(),
> GetDlgItem() and SetWindowText() to change the text of the controls.
>
> Does this work?
>
> --
> David Wilkinson
> Visual C++ MVP

0
Chris6982 (632)

hey ya'll how do i auto sum a cell using the letter x instaed of .
hey ya'll how do i auto sum a colum using the letter x instead of using a number To count number of "x"es =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"x") Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:25:04 -0700, jrod98 <jrod98@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hey ya'll how do i auto sum a colum using the letter x instead of using a >number Gord answered but I couldn't resist asking what the sum of x and x is? Sinister Rod Serling music here. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "jrod98" <jrod98@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

paste text into a used cell
I need to move text from one row to a single cell that has been formatted to wrap text and repeat the process for other rows. Paste is not working. Please advise. When you copy and paste, you paste the format as well as the contents If you want to copy text to a cell that is formatted differently instead of paste, slelct paste special, values -- ElsiePO ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ElsiePOA's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=390 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26962 ...

How can I use the exchange mode in Outlook? Can I use it in my PC
Can I use it in my PC? To use it I'm supposed to have Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, but what is that? Using the exchange mode in Outlook, if Outlook makes a security copy for my emails, that means that if an email has a virus, it gets saved in my PC? If by "Exchange Mode" you mean use an Exchange server in "Add / Edit Email Accounts" you can't - unless you are connecting to an Exchange server (which is often the case in larger companies). If you had an Exchange server, I suspect you would have been informed by your tech staff - so my guess is that the answer...

COUNTIF using amount of time
I have some data with various time intervals in mm:ss.ms and I want to use the COUNTIF function to count how many of them fall between 1-2 minutes, 2-3 minutes, 3-4 minutes, etc., but I keep getting a count of all the values. Am I comparing the time intervals wrong? For example, the data (in the A column) is: 01:19.666 01:13.287 01:28.308 02:29.872 05:36.658 01:01.770 My formula for counting those between 1-2 minutes: =COUNTIF(A:A,">=00:01.000&&<00:02.000") The returned value is 6. Any help would be appreciated, Dennis Dennis, For 1 to 2 minutes, try =SUMPRODUCT(...

to use workday function in excel vba code
hi all, is there a way to use wrokday function in my worksheet controls.? i have a date time picker in my worksheet and a text box and a button. on click of this button i should get next desired date. like when i select a date from the calendar and click on button ther is onclick function in my macro. this onclick should calculate next desired date(assume if i choos 10/11/2005 and add 2 to this date i should get 12/11/2005) i know how to use workday function using a cell reference but................ i don't know how to put this into a vba code. if i use workday("10/11/2005&qu...

Using a sub procedure to change a subform property
I am currently using the following code to change the AllowEdits property on any form. The form calls the Sub procedure through a button's OnClick event. Sub UnlockForm(strFormName As String) On Error GoTo Err_unlockform If Forms(strFormName).AllowEdits = False Then Forms(strFormName).AllowEdits = True MsgBox "Form is now unlocked for editing." End If Exit_unlockform: Exit Sub Err_unlockform: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_unlockform End Sub I am trying to call this Sub procedure from a button on a subform. I was going to us...

Handling more than one email template
Hi, I'm a freelancer and depending on what company I am doing work for I'd like to set up Outlook to use more than one email template (html stationery style). Currently, Outlook is set up that one stationery style is used no matter what mailbox account I use. I'd ideally like Outlook to apply a stationery style depending on what email account I chose to send the email from. It's easy in Outlook Express as you just chose the stationery style from a drop down list. But I can't find a quick way of how to change stationery styles in Outlook. Any advice would be very...

CheckBox in a Dialog
Hello, I have a check box in a dialog (.rc). I want the check box to show the state, I meen, if the user pressed the check box - it is with "vi". I update a variable that the user chose it. When the user goes to other page and then returns to the same page, by checking the value of the variable, I want to put "vi" in the check box, in a case that he chose it. How can I do that the "vi" will appear on the check box? I checked in the help and found - public: __property CheckState get_CheckState(); public: __property void set_CheckState(CheckState); for c++ b...

Use of Dialog
Hi all, I'm curious about use of excel dialog. What is for? and how to use it and what other benefits or advantages in using for common financial worksheet? Thank you. :) -- markuss ------------------------------------------------------------------------ markuss's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34966 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=553085 Dialogs can make things easier for you and your end user. They can be used to pre-validate entered information, apply business rules to it before placing it onto a w...

Templates in Office XP
Is there information about the template use in Office XP? If it is in spanis much better Thanks! The following page has information on using Templates in Excel, and you can choose Spanish from the Language dropdown: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=5C619EB3-950B-4FC3-8DF4-88FB9EE83DC6 Emece wrote: > Is there information about the template use in Office XP? > > If it is in spanis much better -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Use Folders for E-mail
I organize my e-mail message into folder by client or topic. When I look at a message in the "sent items" folder it is shown under the name of the person to whom I sent it. However, when I drag that same item into a client or topic folder it is now shown under my name, apparently since I was the sender. Is there a way to force the dragged item to keep the same name as it had in the sent items folder? Chuck Humphrey All you have to do is switch the view on the client or topic folder to "Sent To" -- that's the view used in the Sent Items folder by default. -- Jocelyn...

Inserting blank rows plus using Sum
I have a list of stocks sorted by date. When the stock symbol changes, I need to insert 2 blank rows and AutoSum columns 2, 6,7, and 8 of the group and display them on the first of the 2 blank rows, leaving a blank row before the next group. Symbol Qty Price Action Name US Trade Date Amount Commission Fees MSFT -210 28.95 Sell 2/13/2008 6079.43 -0.07 -0.07 MSFT -790 28.95 Sell 2/13/2008 22863.24 -7.26 -0.26 -1000 28942.67 -7.33 -0.33 C -700 22.16 Sell 3/4/2008 15511.82 -0.18 -0.18 C -300 22.15 Sell 3/4/2008 6637.92 -7.08 -0.08 -1000 22149.74 -7.26 -0.26 MSFT -500...

Not able to send mails using Ms Outlook 2000
Whenever i try to send mails using Ms Outlook 2000 i get this error SMTP-MAIL: died on signal 11', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server But i am able to send the same mails with same id configured with Outlook Express 6 and 5 both What will be the solutions to this Regards Shardul What you try to do is to export your mailaccount setting from Outlook exprees into Outook 2000 >-----Original Message----- >Whenever i try to send mails using Ms Outlook 2000 i get >this error >SMTP-MAIL: died on signal 11', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, >Server > > > >But i a...

Ignore table formatting when importing data using OLEDB
I am using Excel 2010. I want to write a macro in a 'consolidate' XLSM file that will query another selected XLSM file and import data from one of the range names in that file, into the 'consolidate' file. When the import occurs, it formats the imported table using the default Excel 2010 table style (see screenshot), however i don't want to format the cells - i just want to import raw data and leave the cells formatted as they are in the 'consolidate' XLSM file. The PreserveFormatting property has no impact, as the damage is already done once the query is added. ...

Two problems: Printing PPM image and accessing the generic Print Preview when using static MFC window
Hi, I can print IPicture objects with no trouble (drawn with Ipicture->render). But when I do it with PPM/PNG drawn with StretchDIBits I can see it on the screen and also in print preview, but the printed page is empty. Is it possible to do it, or can I wrap my BYTE array containing the image into an IPicture pbject and draw it through IPicture->render? I also have trouble with print preview in static MFC DLL. When I click print preview a warning window appears (with an empty string) and I can click OK and it ignores my attempt to open print preview. In debug mode it says there was an a...

Using Delete Dialog
Hi NG, I try to create a Custom Web Page, which will insert to the CRM by NavBar. This is working fine. Now the should be a seperate Button, for deleting. I found a way to call the standard delete dialog with: window.showModalDialog("/grid/cmds/dlg_delete.aspx?iObjType=112&iTotal=1&sIds=") My Problem now: How can I set the id for the Case which should deleted? When I set the argumten like: window.showModalDialog("/grid/cmds/dlg_delete.aspx?iObjType=112&iTotal=1&sIds=", "{C1B55815-104E-DB11-9C89-0003FFA2910B}") I get the error: "XML Parse...

Picture viewing in outlook 2000 using XP
Using outlook 2000 standard (no updates). XP Home with all SP's and updates. I view picture attachments using the default picture and fax viewer. When the last picture is viewed. I click next. Instead of restarting the same file, another file appears. It is always the same picture file that appears regardless of which email I am viewing. I have removed the intruder picture file from the C drive(MY Pictures) and from outlook (sent items). This intruder still happens. Any ideas ??? Metro Pete <Metro Pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Using outlook 2000 standard (no u...

what pdf software do you use to redact text?
There are a lot of software packages that will converted back and forth between Word and PDF documents - however, I need to know if anyone uses a good converter that will allow true redactions that cannot be seen in the PDF version as well as remove metadata from the output document. Thanks!! CH Do your redaction in Word. Output the document to a graphics format such as TIFF using SnagIt's 'printer' driver, then print the results to PDF using Acrobat to combine multiple pages. That should stay redacted :) -- <>>< ><<> ><<> ...

how can I use a picture to fill text?
I am trying to use a big balloon font, and have a picture as the fill color. How do I do this? Create the phrase with WordArt. Fill, Fill effects, Picture tab. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "lee254" <lee254@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EA083FF-61A9-4DF7-9D65-6CAE1A3B02E5@microsoft.com... >I am trying to use a big balloon font, and have a picture as the fill color. > How do I do this? ...

Mysterious question mark (?) when using OWA
Mysterious question mark (?) when using OWA It seems that my users whom use OWA to send email always seem to send along an "?" question mark at the beginning of their email messages. I am trying to find out why that is happening and how to go about eliminating it. If clients are XP SP2, check kba 883543 and apply the hotfix. Pe-XP SP2 clients: reinstall the S/MIME control from OWA - options. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Mr. Backup" <backup@yahoo.com> wrote in message new...

Using a variable to refer to a control in VBA
Good Afternoon, I was wondering if any one can tell me how to fix the 3rd line to work like the 2nd one does. The 2nd one works fine but one the 3rd one they system throws an error. thanks! Dale Dim intloop as integer intloop=8 Forms![frmDate]![frmsubMonth].Form![subForm8].visible = False Forms![frmDate]![frmsubMonth].Form!("subFrom" & intloop & "").visible = False Dale K wrote: >Good Afternoon, > >I was wondering if any one can tell me how to fix the 3rd line to work like >the 2nd one does. The 2nd one works fine but one ...

Money Template Designer? HELP!!!
I recently made a leap of faith, and purchased MS Money Small Business 2004 over QuickBooks SB. Now I have an issue, that mus be resolved, and I am sure, this is simple! I have a portrait style 8x5 invoice sheet, with static text on the top(which can be the coimpany setup info), but i need to add custom fields for both the company, and for clients, and pull those fields into the template. What am I missing? I tried the help, with no luck, browsed the newsgroup, nothing. Basically, I need it to look like the statement printout, but customized. Thank you, to whoever, for your time! ...

error converting SBF to GP using Migration Wizard
Running the Migration Wizard to convert SBF to GP. Got error: Conversion failed converting varchar value 'stn42150' to data type smallint. This was during the BCP DU000010 Started step. What does this mean? What do I need to do? Thanks! ...

Is there an academic year calendar template?
I'm looking to create a quick calendar from July-June. Michelle26.2 wrote: > I'm looking to create a quick calendar from July-June. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT101424881033.aspx -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. ...

email templates 01-27-05
Does anyone know what security needs to be set in order for all my users to be able to see organizational templates? Currently, only half my users are able to see organizational templates and the other half are only able to see personnal. I'm trying to figure out if there is a certain security that is needed on another entity (leads, accounts, contacts) that affects what is seen for templates. Thanks Check the "Email Template" object on the core records tab. It sounds like they will need to have "Global" on that. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM -----------...