Generate/Paint custom ctrl border

Hi,

Is there functionalities or tips to easily create control borders with 3D
look like standard control (will be used in a custom OCX).

Thanks

Hugo

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

There a few functions to help you do this. Take a look at Draw3dRect,
DrawEdge, DrawFrameControl...

"H.B." <hbcrdv@_hotmail_.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Is there functionalities or tips to easily create control borders with 3D
> look like standard control (will be used in a custom OCX).
>
> Thanks
>
> Hugo

0
Yan

Create an instance of new Customized entity by Workflow
I created an entity named E1 under Account entity(Many-to-1 relationship with Account) then I want to create a workflow Rule that after creating an Account an instance of E1 entity is created automatically. It seems Activity creation is possible in workflow automatically! Is any soloution for this issiue? -- Mohsen Ahmadi you can create activities but not custom entities. You would need to either do this by using a callout or by creating a workflow .net assembly that can create the custom entity for you. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.g...

Ctrl- F for search
I have a search button on the form which works fine. I tried to use Ctrl-F to do the same function and get "an error occurred in a call to the Windows Date and Time Picker control" I have DateTimePicker control on the form. Are there any conflict with Ctrl-F search function and DateTimePicker ActiveX control? Your information is great appreciated, ...

Customer Statement Crystal Report
Hi! Does anyone have a Customer Statement in Crystal format? Thanks -- Marisol Mortera Marisol, Your question is very generic. If you could be a little more precise, then I might have what you need. Girish "Marisol" wrote: > Hi! > > Does anyone have a Customer Statement in Crystal format? > > Thanks > -- > Marisol Mortera I am trying to build a crystal report for customer statements as well. The Great Plains one is very difficult to work with. If you have an example of this report in crystal, please email it at staceyleelee@hotmail.com Stacey &quo...

customized views disappear
Every so often my customized views for various folders just disappear. I've created them by copying the current view and modifying the copy, but periodically my copies disappear from the View menu. It seems to pick on my Tasks views regularly, while other customized views (e.g. mail) are fine. This is an Outlook 2002 w/Exchange server environment. Any ideas? ...

Business Portal Customer Logon
Hello all, I just installed business portal for GP 2.5. I setup a login for a customer on it and associated the login to a customer ID in GP. When the customer logs in, there really isn't any customer information displayed. Does anyone have a resource to let me know how to add customer specific content from GP? Want to display items like payment history, contact info, etc. Thanks, Tareef Tareef, Look for this capability in business portal 3.0. 2.5 is not a customer/vendor facing solution, and even though the advanced roles exist, I do not believe it will work as of now. 3.0 shou...

Making custom form default for contacts
Hello: I am a beginner with Outlook. I am a new hire in a department that uses Outlook contact information in a Word Mail Merge process. I am teaching myself how this all works, and have been doing ok, but I am struggling with forms, particularly the form used for contacts. I don't have any problems modifying the form (for example to add FirstName and LastName fields), but I am very confused about how to get Outlook to use my modified form instead of the default custom contacts form. It seems to me that this should be a simple property setting, but I've had no luck tinkering w...

Upgrade CRM 1.2 And Custom
Did somebody upgrade CRM 1.0 to 1.2 with several customization? I would like to know how CRM was after upgrade, and if you had any problem with custom? Regards, Sylvie Mondoux We had customizations and we had to change the isv.config and web.config file because those are replaced during the upgrade. Everything else was left in place in our case. "Sylvie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b7be01c43787$140ceac0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Did somebody upgrade CRM 1.0 to 1.2 with several > customization? I would like to know how CRM was after > ...

Populate customer through web services
I am trying to import a customer record through dynamics web services and have the following questions: 1. How do I get the customer class information to default for the customer. I am passing in the customer class and the class field populates on the customer but the class information does not default. There is a behaviour on the create customer but it is of type internal. If I change the behaviour on the policy, the customer does not import at all. 2. How do I get the address on the customer card to be imported. I can get the customer addresses to be imported into Great Plains but no...

Customization option disappears under settings
Sometimes when we are logged onto Web crm we can see the customizations button on the navigation pane under settings. Other times it has disappeared altogether and the only way to get it back is to delete the temporary internet files. Does anyone know of a permanent solution for this? I assume this is CRM4. Do you also have CRM Outlook client on this machine? I have found that the Customisations option is not always avaliable in the outlook client, and if you have opened outlook before opening the web, the option will not be in the web client. You can change this my editing the isv.c...

What event does a hotkey generate?
All, I have a date field in a form that has vba code attached to the 'after update' event. Then I setup a hotkey to auto the current date in the same field. The problem I am having is that when I hit the hotkey sequence the field is populated with the current date - however my vba code does not work. Any idea what event the population of the field by a hotkey produces? Thanks for you help. On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 11:30:00 -0800, Tom <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: None. And for good reason. Programmatic filling of fields typically does not trigger any event. So you rewrite...

Show related records for custom entity
I have a custom entity. When I go to History I can not see the related records from contacts, opportunities, etc. They are not rolling up and there is no pick list to show related records or not. Is there a way to change this? Thanks, -Rick M On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 10:33:49 -0800, Rick M <RickM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a custom entity. When I go to History I can not see the related >records from contacts, opportunities, etc. They are not rolling up and there >is no pick list to show related records or not. Is there a way to change >this? > As...

NDRs generated due to viruses/spam
Has anyone come up with any way to combat returned mail that is generated due to viruses sending out from the spoofed addresses of legitimate users on your mail system? I have a user who gets quite a few NDRs due to "no recipient", "full mailbox" etc, for emails he hasn't actually sent. Seems obvious that it's a virus infected machine out there (or a spammer) that is sending these out "from" his SMTP address, and he gets stuck deleting the NDRs from the remote mail systems the viruses are sending to. Any solutions other than blocking the domains t...

Handling Cut (CTRL-C) in a CListCtrl dervied control
Hello, I have a CListCtrl derived control which presents some data. Now, I want to add handling of CTRL-C: When the user presses CTRL-C the text of the currently selected item should be copied to the clippboard. As far as I figured, accelerators are my best option? Am I right or is there an 'easy' neat whay like some OnCTRLCPressed messages? Best regards, Oliver >I have a CListCtrl derived control which presents some data. > >Now, I want to add handling of CTRL-C: >When the user presses CTRL-C the text of the currently selected >item should be co...

xl97 Custom Built in Button greyed out
we have the office 97 suite loaded on a citrix server and published (not that that is the problem) But for some reason the built in button on the custom chart window is greyed out. The file XL8GALRY.XLS is there. I have sr1 and sr 2 applied. Am I missing something so obvious I'm going to smack my forehead.....again. John M wrote: > *we have the office 97 suite loaded on a citrix server and > published (not that that is the problem) But for some > reason the built in button on the custom chart window is > greyed out. The file XL8GALRY.XLS is there. I have sr1 > an...

Custom Themes
Vista Home Premium... Is there any way to create ones own theme for things such as the colour of added links bars to the desktop? I would like to have the links bar the same colour as the taskbar (black). TIA for any help. Ed On 2/19/10, Ed O'Brien posted: > Vista Home Premium... > Is there any way to create ones own theme for things such as the colour of > added links bars to the desktop? I would like to have the links bar the same > colour as the taskbar (black). > TIA for any help. > Ed Have you tried changing the colors etc to how ...

Activity Rollup from custom entity
I assumed that when a custom entity was created and then a Relationship created - eg. to Account, where Account is the parent, then the activities created under the custom entity would be visible directly under the Account - Like they are if you create acrivities under an Acocunt Contact for instance. This seems not to be the case. Can anyone confirm? ...

custom header #3
I would like to know how to set up a custom header which shows the data in a perticular cell (i.e. - C9 shows the number 100, so I want the header in all the pages,except the first, to show "100". Thank you One way is to use a macro. Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Dim myHeaderStr As String Dim iCtr As Long myHeaderStr = Worksheets("sheet3").Range("C9").Value For iCtr = 2 To Worksheets.Count Worksheets(iCtr).PageSetup.LeftHeader = myHeaderStr Next iCtr End Sub (I used c9 on sheet...

Custom format macro?
Can I write a macro to format a number? I have a bunch of cells containing time intervals stored as floating point numbers in units of days. These are not dates, but are stored in the same format. Some examples: 1 1 day 2.5 2.5 days or 2 days, 12 hours 0.125 3 hours 0.020833 30 minutes and so on. These values are calculated. I would like to display them as nnn.n u where "nnn.n" is a floating point number formatted to 1 decimal place and "u" is a character indicating the units (Y=years, D=days, H=hours, M=minutes, S=seconds). The ...

Trapping for Ctrl or Alt Key?
Is there a way to trap for a Ctrl or Alt key when typing in a field? I want to be able to perform an action when the user types Ctl+A or Alt+A or whatever. I noticed the KeyDown function allows you to check for the state of the Shift key. I'm looking for something like that for Ctrl and/or Alt. Thank you. "Phil Reynolds" <philr2354@msn.com> wrote in message news:ocxNi.503$wF3.108@nlpi061.nbdc.sbc.com... > Is there a way to trap for a Ctrl or Alt key when typing in a field? I > want to be able to perform an action when the user types Ctl+A or Alt+A or > w...

Customizations 03-10-06
Hi, using the "customization" in "Settings" showed me an "E-mail" entity, althought there is no way to setup where to display it ("Areas that display this entity") and I'd like to find out how to adapt this!! Thanks for your helpfull reply, SturE Email enitity is a type od Activity, there is no way to modify display area for activities in user interface. You can try to modify sitemap.xml, but you will need some knowledge... "Sture Van de moortel" wrote: > Hi, > > using the "customization" in "Settings" ...

Custom real time, time format check
Hello I have a custom form that has two time fields. How can I force users to enter time in those fields as "12:00 AM/PM" or military time 19.00. If input does not match those two rules, pop a warning. This needs to happen as the user moves to another field way before trying to save the form. Any help would be appreciated! . Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com bearsgone wrote on Fri, 12 March 2010 14:24 > Hello > > I have a custom form that has two time fields. > > How can I force users to enter time in those fields as "12:00 AM/PM&qu...

I want Combo box to be populated depending on customer category
When a customer number is entered on my form, the data populates the form, including the text box for the customer category. I want a combo box on that form to display only choices for that category. How do I modify the query that runs the row source for the combo box? Thanks, Sue On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 21:47:01 -0800, Sue R <SueR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: The RowSource should be something like: select * from Choices where Category = Forms!myForm!myCategoryTextbox -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >When a customer number is entered on my form, the data po...

Is there a difference between CTRL+D and CTRL+" (quotation marks)
And if there is a difference, what is it? They both appear to copy the data from the cell above the selected cell. Ctrl+D is a relative copy Ctrl+" is an absolute copy Example: Assume... A1 = +B1 B1 = "Hello" if you put your cursor in A2 and select Ctrl+D, A2 will be =+B2 if you put your cursor in A2 and select Ctrl+", A2 will be =+B1 -- Hope this helps. If it does, please click the Yes button. Thanks in advance for your feedback. Gary Brown "AKMMS" wrote: > And if there is a difference, what is it? > > They both app...

Convert to Case
Hello, On one of our client's CRM systems, when we use "Convert to Case" from an activity, the customer field is blank, even if the email/phone call was already regarding to a client. On our development system, this field is already filled with the previous regarding account/contact, when we convert it, which saves some time. Did someone has this issue? I have System Administrator role on both systems, so privileges are not the problem. Thank you a lot for any help. Best Regards, -- Alexandra ...

Using a custom form kills forward/reply arrows in the inbox?
Hi, I installed a custom email form in Outlook 2000 and the "Forward" and "Reply" arrows on mails in the inbox disappeared. The arrows reappear on new mails when I swap the default back to IPM.Note but as I really have to use this custom form the absence of the Forward/Reply indicators is a pain. Has anybody come across this issue before? Is there a method to turn these "flags" back on or do I have to dig into the code in the custom form? The custom form is just a modied IPM.Note that provides access to a COM plugin. Thanks! Fin Known issue, dating back t...