General Guidelines on Architecting Windows VC++ 6.0 Applications

Hello,

I am working on a legacy system that contains 3 main applications.

VB client

 ATL out of process COM server
 ATL out of process COM server-
0
pdxphil (4)
1/11/2005 1:07:08 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

SORRY THIS THREAD WAS SENT PREMATURELY - PLEASE SEE LATER POSTING ON SAME TOPIC

"pdxphil" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am working on a legacy system that contains 3 main applications.
>
> VB client
> |
>  ATL out of process COM server
>  ATL out of process COM server-
0
pdxphil (4)

Help - RMS 2.0 Installation Problem
Hello, I just installed RMS 2.0, and the"Add Item" button does not work in the Purchase Order. I click on it, and nothing happens. I have downloaded RMS 2.0 Service Pack #2, but have not installed it yet. Thanks, Greg That problem is addressed in one of the older hot fixes prior to SP2. Marc "gregfrgusa" <gregfrgusa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEC0B25E-695E-4154-B770-398280F40F08@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I just installed RMS 2.0, and the"Add Item" button does not work in the > Purchase Order. I click on it, an...

Local Data Settings in 3.0
Within the CRM 3.0 Outlook client, I've instructed my users to add a rule that syncs down all Accounts in their Territory rather than use the My Accounts default rule which is there by default. Users are complaining that they don't have a New button to create the rule? What permissions do I need to grant them in order for that to happen and where do I set those? TIA. Check the "Saved View" privilege: Security Role >> Core Records Tab >> Saved View Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "Bobby" wrote: > Within the CRM 3....

CRM 3.0 Mobile and Product sales
Hi, How to sell product with CRM mobile ? When I create New Opportuni in with CRM mobile client Device i can not add new opportunity products! When the Opportunity ir create with CRM and then sincronized to Mobile device then I can Only read product information. Is there some solution to add end change oportunity products with in CRM mobile? Martins ...

SQL Express Install failed installing CRM 4.0 Outlook Client w/off
I have run into this problem a couple times on different laptops. When I try to install the CRM 4.0 Outlook Client, with Offline Access. During the installation process, when it get to the point where it tries to install SQL Server Express, the installation fails. We never did a deployment of CRM3.0, so it is not an upgrade issues, as most of these systems, never had the 3.0 client installed on them. Any ideas where to go from here? Hi, Try to download and install the sql express edition from internet . If it doesnt get installed then it will show you the detailed error . There was pro...

Application Startup
I am writing a "kiosk" application. This means that when it is running, the user cannot access the desktop at all. I want it to start up when i boot the pc up rather than it bringing up the desktop. I seem to remember there is a setting somewhere, possibly the registry, that tells windows to start with explorer.exe. Is this true? If so can i just replace this with the MyExe.exe to start it up from reboot. Also if I do this and then need access to the desktop or want to change this entry how do i do it? Any suggesstions are appreciated, Thanks Macca Macca wrote: > I am writi...

Microsoft Update under Windows 7 shows [Error number: 0x8DDD0004]
I got a new HP notebook Elitebook 8540p with Windows 7 Professional preinstalled. When trying to run Windows Update everything works ok. When I try to run Microsoft Update (http://update.microsoft.com) in order to update all the other Microsoft programs like Office etc I get [Error number: 0x8DDD0004]. Strange thing is that the first add-on ('Windows Update' from 'Microsoft Windows Component Publisher') shows as unknown program from unknown publisher... I would expect it is signed as coming from Microsoft??? As per instruction from Microsoft I followed A...

Inetinfo.exe and the SP4 windows 2000 rollup 1
I installed the Security Rollup 1 for SP4 this morning on my Windows 2000, Exchange 2000 server. After rebooting when the ciritical update was installed, I started getting the following error every 6-10 seconds and getting between 2-10 of the error messages: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! Program: C:\WINNT\System32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. HELP! I tried re-booting the box again, error came right back, every 6-10 seconds...

How can I study Network of Microsoft Windows
I would like to study Microsoft Network. Can I study that through Internet free course? Please inform. You can find a lot of information on this on the Internet for free. However, if you want to get a job with the knowledge, you really need an MCSE in Networking. Google for MCSE. Course are available in most parts of the world, but they are certainly not "free". The cheapest way to do it is to buy the books and study long and hard. Then you need only pay for the exams: of which there are about 20, and they cost about $160.00 each. But you may spread that over two to five ye...

CRM 3.0 to 4.0 upgrade test
I am trying to find an easy and safe way to upgrade CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0. I have read many documents, have several database backup, all of the prerequisites are met, customizations exported. I have CRM 3.0 installed on Windows 2003 Server, CRM databases and SRS are on SQL 2005 with all the latest updates, and CRM 4.0 Email Router is already installed on the Exchange 2007 Server. My concern is that if I image the current CRM server (Symantec Backup Exec Recovery or virtual hard drive to a VM in Windows 2008 Datacenter Edition) and run an update from there, what if something goes wrong? Just...

Security Roles after the v3.0 upgrade
Is anyone else experiencing problems after the v3.0 upgrade with users not being able to close Opportunities or Activities? In order to fix this I have to assign them a different role. If I try to create a new role that mimics the role that doesn't work, it still doesn't work. Any ideas? Thanks, Amy Hi Amy, Are you creating a new role from the scratch? From another thread on this newsgroup, the same problem got resolved by copying the existing role to a new role (right click on the role and "Copy Role"). Please let me know if this works. -- Manisha Powar (Madhusuda...

I don't want Windows Messenger 4.7
Hello; I have MS Windows XP Professional SP2 and MS Office Outook 2003 and I can't find the way to disable Windows Messenger 4.7 each time I run Outlook, I have "uninstalled" from Windows XP, but although the icon doesn't appear near the clock, I know the process msmsgs.exe is executing. Simply, I like more MSN Messenger 6.2 and when I connect to the Internet, it appears the message: "You have signed in other place..." and it's Messenger 4.7! Thank you. is it disabled in tools, options, others? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yoursel...

problem installing CRM 3.0
Hello I just finished a successful installation of MS CRM 3.0. Did I say succesful ??? I received a positive message from the installation wizard telling me that MS CRM installed successfully. Nevertheless, when I open the homepage of MS CRM 3.0 I do not have the SALES and MARKETING module. Only the SERVICES and MY WORKPLACE modules are available on the left side of the page !! Please advise... If you logged in with the user that installed CRM, go to Settings, Users and uncheck Restricted User Access. "Guchy" <Guchy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E1...

CRM Mobile 3.0 client
how to change the user credential for my CRM Mobile in my mobile device? Do I have to re-install CRM mobile in the device? Close crm mobile on your device, Search for the file "dvcreg.sdf", delete it. restart crm mobile and register it with your new credentials. "Benjamin Fallar III" <fallar@pldtdsl.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:E3702759-0B8B-40EF-AAA1-F8F158AE3846@microsoft.com... > how to change the user credential for my CRM Mobile in my mobile device? > > Do I have to re-install CRM mobile in the device? ...

Converting Visual C++ 6.0 application to Unicode
I'm running into a few problems when trying to convert my MFC C++ application into Unicode. Firstly I added _UNICODE and UNICODE to Project Settings->C/C++->General under the preprocessor definitions and removed _MBCS. I then added wWinMainCRTStartup to the Project Settings->Link->Output EntryPoint-symbol setting. This compiles fine but the application executable will not run. I know I probably have to make some more changes to non-generic (str) string functions to generic ones (_tcs), but I figured that I'd at least get the first window of the application. I tried creating...

Can't email from IE 6
After XP Home and Outlook 2002 were reinstalled, I am unable to send page by mail or send link by mail using Outlook. Also cannot send a fax received by MS native XP fax program by email. a blank email message opens but when I click on To to add an address, I get a message "Could not complete the operation because the service providerdoes not support it." If I switch my email program in IE to Outlook Express, the mail may be sent but this isn't really a solution for me since I don't use Outlook Express for my email. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA. -- Nadyne...

Adding Inventory type to Available to Promise window
I am trying to add the inventory type to the Available to Promise window with Modifier. Unfortunately, it is a global field and not a local field. Has anybody else run into this or have any suggestions? Thanks, julie ...

PDA client for MSCRM 3.0
Hi Are there any PDA Clients available for MSCRM 3.0 Thanks Ben *I took this from the response I was given when I posted this question... it has not been release yet. Expect it around end of Feb. Of course this is subject to change but that was the last work ie 90 days after general release Sneak Preview? http://blogs.msdn.com/mscrmfreak/archive/2005/12/23/506932.aspx "Benjamin Truelsen" <benjamin.Truelsen@sellcon.dk> wrote in message news:Ope21czKGHA.3876@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi > > Are there any PDA Clients available for MSCRM 3.0 > > Thanks &g...

How Do I Remove Page # From Cover Sheet w/ Windows 2007?
I am writing a paper in Windows 2007 and cannot have a page number on the cover sheet. Help! Thanks : ) Presumably you mean Word 2007 since (a) there is no Windows 2007 and (b) Windows is not a word processor. Click in the header/footer to open it. In the Options group of the contextual Header & Footer Tools | Design tab, check the box for "Different First Page." Leave the First Page Header/Footer empty. If you need to start the numbering with 1 on the the second page, click on Page Number, choose Format Page Numbers, and change the "Page numbering" set...

Activex Events dont fire when multiple IE windows are open
Hello, I've an activex control that I display in an IE window. The activex component fires some events that are caught by the IE. I've some javascript code in my html file that catches the above said events and displays some status messages. Things work great when I have no other IE window open. However when I have other IE windows open ( doesn't matter what page is loaded on it) - the events won't fire. However the behavior varies from machine to machine. On some machines things just work without any problem - no matter how many IE windows are open. On other machines it doesnt...

smtp queue #6
Good evening, it appears we may been used as a mail relay host today. how can i delete all the smtp entries in the queue- i have over 100 companies /domains trying to send thru our server- and can tell there not legit domains. i can "freeze" them but this does not seem to work- NOTES: I Made changes to my PIX firewall late today so this does not happen again but want to get rid of the smtp entries b/c there slowing up my internet connection to a crawl ! (running 2003 server / exchange. Colin Camp If you are sure that all the entries in the queue are spam and not legitimate...

Using MS Office components in VC++ and MFC?
Is it poossible to use MS Office components in VC++? In my MFC application I would like to use the drawing feature of Word or Excel where users can create rectangles/text boxes/connector lines etc. Any sample code please? -Harish You can use them, but you cannot distribute them. joe On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 00:55:00 -0800, Harish <Harish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it poossible to use MS Office components in VC++? In my MFC application I >would like to use the drawing feature of Word or Excel where users can create >rectangles/text boxes/connector lines etc. Any s...

Watch this critical update for Microsoft Windows
--emypyydu Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="gizecxmjx"; type="multipart/alternative" --gizecxmjx Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="jnclxgmqtlrlp" --jnclxgmqtlrlp Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the s...

Getting currupted DRAWITEMSTRUCT data while redrawing ownerdrawn ListBox in Windows NT.
Hi All, When ever I am redrawing the Owner Drawn List box in Windows NT. I am getting corrupted LPDRAWITEMSTRUCT structure. I am sending LB_SETITEMDATA message to set a value(structure LISTITEMINFO) associated with the specified item in the list box. typedef struct tagLISTITEMINFO { DWORD dwType; DWORD dwFlags; LPSTR szString; } LISTITEMINFO; I am sending message WM_SETREDRAW to the list box to redraw the list box. Message handler procedures lparam should be the structure LPDRAWITEMSTRUCT. LPDRAWITEMSTRUCT is corrupting in windowsNT and in windows 2000 it is fine. I am not able t...

Windows Media Player-how to print a playlist?
I've been looking for a shortcut that will let me print playlists of music CDs in Windows Media Player. On searching I found the Winter Fun Pack with a feature that allows playlists to be printed. However, I was unable to install it onto my computer. Every time I tried I would get an error 1303 message. I deleted it, then went into control panel to change the administrator UAC settings, but haven't tried to download and install it agan as I am now afraid it's a compatibility problem with vista that's causing the problem. I can't find any downloads for vist...

Windows Movie Maker
When attempting to "click" and "drag" coverted video to the Windows Movie Maker storyboard, the following message is received: "COULD NOT BE IMPORTED. AN INTERFACE HAS TOO MANY METHODS TO FIRE EVENTS FROM." Any suggestions on how to correct this problem? In news:BCA2D33D-FA50-48CB-B70E-CB09089FF6C4@microsoft.com, jacsin7 <jacsin7@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > When attempting to "click" and "drag" coverted video to the > Windows Movie Maker storyboard, the following message is > received: "COULD NOT BE IMPO...